What's new

【 Game Event 】ArtRage Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the winners are literally screenshots of the game with a random filter or slight editing, good contest lmao
10th place -Anon87
[bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)]https://empyral87.deviantart.com/art/Artworkv2-728255679[/bcolor]
literally a screenshot of ynystere CR spawning in with a bad red filter and archerage bottom left

9th place num num my tum also a screenshot edit, a decent looking one, but still a screenshot edit

Admins too busy spawning in gold for players to buy and banning people who scam them

Last edited:
Some of the winners are literally screenshots of the game with a random filter or slight editing, good contest lmao
10th place -Anon87
[bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)]https://empyral87.deviantart.com/art/Artworkv2-728255679[/bcolor]
literally a screenshot of ynystere CR spawning in with a bad red filter and archerage bottom left

9th place num num my tum also a screenshot edit, a decent looking one, but still a screenshot edit

Admins too busy spawning in gold for players to buy and banning people who scam them
I think it was brought up to the admins before, but ultimately it was up to them to allow the entries or not.

I have over double the likes of some and I lose to screenshots with filters put over them? If I can't get the credits who can I @ to get some gold spawned in for me

lets start off with 10th and 9th place:

10th: as the post above stated, its literally a CR spawn in yny very badly edited

9th: after the ''reference screenshot'' he posted you'd have to be HIGH to not realize its a literal screenshot edit, where even the dragon is edited in lol https://gyazo.com/96dfbc1f6c118aa00365aa68a62ddd1c
no good or experienced artist will have such contrast in their piece, with lack of foreground-main focus- background distinction, too much black used = clearly fake, as well as its very easy to notice its a screenshot edit from the trees

8th: ..ah,,, nothing like a paintover over a screenshot, tbh this one was smarter than the two above, at least painted over some spots, even tho clipper is copy-pasted :thinking:

7th: really good use of copy-pasted wings found on google on an angled owl screenshot, but you could of at least put some more effort into the background instead of a straight copy-pasta you know?

6th: is that suposed to even be archeage? pink obsessed much?

5th: where do i begin in this one..... at least same as #6 this wasnt a copy-pasted, finally! when the sun is setting tho, the sky doesnt become dark when youre still able to visualize the sun! as well as dont you think the clouds should not be a straight white? have you heard of ambient occlusion? there should be rim lights hitting spots
now lets talk about the girl, you broke the poor girls back to show off her bun :( but sex sells anyway, doesnt it?

4th: nice idea, very wrong use of shadows/lights/composition/filters

3rd: very peaceful for sure, very boring too, lacks contrast between foreground/midground/background, should work with diagonals instead of straight lines for a more dynamic piece :)

2nd: dont really have much to say about this as im not familiar with water colors, looking at colors it needed more distinction in between grounds and ambient occlusion, deserved #1 spot IMO with the entries sent

1st place.... where do i begin.... you need to learn what anatomy is 1st of all... i feel bad for the girl on the rights arm, very bad for it actually, as well as how lightning affects the surroundings, composition is SO off, did judges give you 1st place cause you worked ''so hard and for many hours'' on it?

if any of the people that i called out for screenshot editing/paint editing think its a false accusation, please direct me to your social medias/DA/artstation where i can see more of your incredible artwork :)

why were some good entries (same skill levels as most here) left out of top 10? node,larev for example? at least they werent screen shot edits o.o

reason why i critiqued non screenshot-paintings was because ''The winner was determined based on art style, level of detail, art composure, setting, lightning and creativity. '' comment inspired me

Last edited:

10th: as the post above stated, its literally a CR spawn in yny very badly edited

9th: after the ''reference screenshot'' he posted you'd have to be HIGH to not realize its a literal screenshot edit, where even the dragon is edited in lol https://gyazo.com/96dfbc1f6c118aa00365aa68a62ddd1c
no good or experienced artist will have such contrast in their piece, with lack of foreground-main focus- background distinction, too much black used = clearly fake, as well as its very easy to notice its a screenshot edit from the trees

8th: ..ah,,, nothing like a paintover over a screenshot, tbh this one was smarter than the two above, at least painted over some spots, even tho clipper is copy-pasted :thinking:

7th: really good use of copy-pasted wings found on google on an angled owl screenshot, but you could of at least put some more effort into the background instead of a straight copy-pasta you know?

5th: where do i begin in this one..... at least same as #6 this wasnt a copy-pasted, finally! when the sun is setting tho, the sky doesnt become dark when youre still able to visualize the sun! as well as dont you think the clouds should not be a straight white? have you heard of ambient occlusion? there should be rim lights hitting spots
now lets talk about the girl, you broke the poor girls back to show off her bun :( but sex sells anyway, doesnt it?

3rd: very peaceful for sure, very boring too, lacks contrast between foreground/midground/background, should work with diagonals instead of straight lines for a more dynamic piece :)

2nd: dont really have much to say about this as im not familiar with water colors, looking at colors it needed more distinction in between grounds and ambient occlusion, deserved #1 spot IMO with the entries sent

1st place.... where do i begin.... you need to learn what anatomy is 1st of all... i feel bad for the girl on the rights arm, very bad for it actually, as well as how lightning affects the surroundings, composition is SO off, did judges give you 1st place cause you worked ''so hard and for many hours'' on it?

if any of the people that i called out for screenshot editing/paint editing think its a false accusation, please direct me to your social medias/DA/artstation where i can see more of your incredible artwork :)

why were some good entries (same skill levels as most here) left out of top 10? node,larev for example? at least they werent screen shot edits o.o

reason why i critiqued non screenshot-paintings was because ''The winner was determined based on art style, level of detail, art composure, setting, lightning and creativity. '' comment inspired me
Thank you for your critiques! This is what drives young artists to improve themselves. As I mentioned earlier, some of the entries were called out as being screenshots; however the judges still had the last say on who won, even after likes.

I actually would have loved to have seen more entries. And seeing so many people now posting on this thread and criticizing the entries, why didn't you guys enter in something?

IGN: Akleia

Thank you to everybody who voted for me and to the judges for choosing my piece to place! After seeing all the other amazing art I was seriously doubting my own work and hoped to at least make top 10 and I did! YAY.

To all the haters: I feel every participant put in a ton of time and effort into their work and it is disappointing when you (or your friends) don't place after all that...However despite the disappointment I don't feel it very immature to review each piece AFTER the judges have made their decisions. At this point it is just a lot of salt going around in a 'poor loser' stance.

Had I lost - And in a sense I did to my guildie Hana - I'd still and actually am happy for those who did place and especially the top 3.

From what I see, we are not professionals. So of course some minor mistakes are going to be made and every piece is not going to be 100% perfect. There is a time and place for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, not after the fact where you just scream 'screenshot!!'

Congratulations to everybody who placed!!! Especially the top 3!! I loved seeing all your artwork and fell in love with many of the pieces I viewed ♥♥♥

I addressed the issue of some of the screenshot editing, and it's a shame that some of them managed to place due to technicalities, but ultimately it was the moderator's decision who got into the top ten (as it's said on the first page in the list of requirements). I lost to my sister, Rahnaix, and she didn't have as much time as I did invested into her art piece.

As for the critiques, why didn't you post before the end of the contest? Why didn't you protest the screenshots then? I do believe I posted the contest thread into MULTIPLE discords for people to come vote and say something. Sorry if it wasn't important enough then but it is now that it's made some people butt-hurt.

Congratulations to everyone who placed. <3

Some people seem to have taken this as constructive criticism, which is fine. to me it just looks like you have way too much time on your hands to shit on people for a simple competition on a game. grow up please.

10th place -Anon87

I have over double the likes of some and I lose to screenshots with filters put over them?

Can you provide us with a similar screenshot of ynystere area? Related to last entry.
I had this related to 9th entry, and determined the details are too different as it would require high amount of editing.
What do you think?

Current condition is, if 9th and 10th place can be discredited they will be removed.
They were placed last since they were suspected of editing, but could not confirm, and some others were removed entirely becouse of obvious editing.

@Eelvie Node was not voted highly by admins, and likes are just preference since they can be misused as in this case.
But as said handdrawn beats editing no matter the quality ;) So we will see about that if last 2 get disqualified.

Also Eelvie, where is your artwork? There was 2 weeks time to make one, and without showing knowledge, argumenting others are but empty words.

@Larevv has not yet responded to my knowledge with .bmp version nor 1920x1080 resolution so even though his art is interesting, can not accept it.

My greatest sadness was that i could not reward 4th and 5th place accordingly since by many,me included, they deserved more, but there can only be few winners, and rest is consolation prize.I do hope they, as well as everyone else provides us with more art in the future, since events like this can happen once again.

As experienced artists, what do you think about 9th and 10th place credibility?
@Rahnaix @Hana @Jessica Baker @Laika @theleyline

Feedback is appreciated.

I have this related to 9th ,do not have relevant screenshot to compare to last entry.

Some players were disqualified on time based on these.

https://gyazo.com/fb511486a398d41580081b3f028ff9a9
this is a picture I just took of where #10's screenshot took place, CR spawns there on east side, its just a slightly edited screenshot of cr

quick side by side comparison https://gyazo.com/2c38389fb4e0ea48c9386b9912319959
more similar angle https://gyazo.com/494d3a505caaabd10e8dd83341815c39

I addressed the issue of some of the screenshot editing, and it's a shame that some of them managed to place due to technicalities, but ultimately it was the moderator's decision who got into the top ten (as it's said on the first page in the list of requirements). I lost to my sister, Rahnaix, and she didn't have as much time as I did invested into her art piece.

As for the critiques, why didn't you post before the end of the contest? Why didn't you protest the screenshots then? I do believe I posted the contest thread into MULTIPLE discords for people to come vote and say something. Sorry if it wasn't important enough then but it is now that it's made some people butt-hurt.

Congratulations to everyone who placed. <3
i did notice MANY of the entries were screenshot edits lol i just didnt bother to say anything cause i thought judges would of noticed that

its funny eeevee or w.e guy pointed out the dragon cuz i saw it when i was looking for dragon references for my piece
and in response to you, not everything has to be literal specially in art :)

As experienced artists, what do you think about 9th and 10th place credibility?
@Rahnaix @Hana @Jessica Baker @Laika @theleyline

Feedback is appreciated.

I have this related to 9th ,do not have relevant screenshot to compare to last entry.

Some players were disqualified on time based on these.
I can see Numtum's piece as a photo manipulation, I would suggest you ask him to send a compressed file of whatever program he used (example being his Photoshop files). If you do not have Photoshop, I will gladly view the files for you to confirm its validity
As for the Ynystere piece in question: that is without a doubt a pastel/neon filter on a screenshot. Again, if you want to know yourself, request the Photoshop files.

Last edited:
It was a bit frustrating tracking locations and right angles at which forgeries were made. Spent a lot of time on that, unfortunatelly it is not work one person can do.
Thank you @Gloopey that was what was needed. Seems contour lines of rocks are exact match of ones on screenshot of CR from Anon87
Related to Num's work it is a bit complicated since many small details were different from screenshots i made to compare, so they threw me off.

@Rahnaix Will listen to your advice on this. Thank you.
For now he is disqualified, if he proves otherwise he will be rewarded.

@Num_Num_My_Tum_ Please provide me with sketch or any other valid proof ,that your work was not screenshot edit, and you will be reimbursed.

0EwgCra.jpg

@Ryuzaki I recreated the Ynystere Cinderstone image in question. It was done by producing different layers with pin light filters, the glowing edge option from filter gallery, and adding a red color filter. I can provide the photoshop file for you to look if necessary. I used some Crimson Rift image I found online as well as @Gloopey 's gyazo image

0EwgCra.jpg

@Ryuzaki I recreated the Ynystere Cinderstone image in question. It was done by producing different layers with pin light filters, the glowing edge option from filter gallery, and adding a red color filter. I can provide the photoshop file for you to look if necessary. I used some Crimson Rift image I found online as well as @Gloopey 's gyazo image

Thank you on the effort, but it seems that contour lines of rocks are exact match of ones on screenshot.Bottom left corner. Many other details that escaped filter identical as well. That solves it.
Some people might had been unaware screenshot manipulation was not allowed, some tried, but in the end, truth prevails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back