What's new

3.0 Updates: Land and taxation

My choice of words may have been poor. I understand we don't lose any progress. I'm concerned I'm going to lose the number of proficiencies I can max, I gained by using snowflakes.
Will all the proficiencies be able to go up to 180k, whether we use snowflakes or not?
If all the skills can go up to 180k now without snowflakes, it means the snowflakes we used in 2.9, were all for naught. That is what we are losing.

My choice of words may have been poor. I understand we don't lose any progress. I'm concerned I'm going to lose the number of proficiencies I can max, I gained by using snowflakes.
Will all the proficiencies be able to go up to 180k, whether we use snowflakes or not?
If all the skills can go up to 180k now without snowflakes, it means the snowflakes we used in 2.9, were all for naught. That is what we are losing.
You need snowflakes to get all proficiencies up to 180k in 2.9 just the same in 3.0 but in 3.0 the mechanics are changed that your only allowed a set amount to 230k. You lose nothing.

You need snowflakes to get all proficiencies up to 180k in 2.9 just the same in 3.0 but in 3.0 the mechanics are changed that your only allowed a set amount to 230k. You lose nothing.

Awesome.
That is what I needed to know. Thanks.

Question i've been asking East and West side for days - How many snowflakes does it take to get all 13 specializations unlocked? rofl - i haven't found a single thread or post saying how many is really need in total.

My biggest issue with 3.0 was always the crippling of certain abilities. Like being able to do things in 2.9 and no longer being able to do them in 3.0 without leveling abilities. Need an example of that? Upgraded houses. Adding proficiency requirements was an absolutely terrible change. And honestly I am very disappointed that this defect made it to 3.0 on here. No change in 3.0 should take away your ability to do something from 2.9 and make you work more to do it again. Just a bad change.

You can get your proficiency up for anything you need in a week or so, the game design was changed abit in 3.0 so players depend more on other players for certain tasks, moving the economy as in suply and demand, it's bad for the game economic health when people are "Jack of all trades".

You can get your proficiency up for anything you need in a week or so, the game design was changed abit in 3.0 so players depend more on other players for certain tasks, moving the economy as in suply and demand, it's bad for the game economic health when people are "Jack of all trades".

How is it bad for the economy? The economy is in bad shape as it is and needs all the help it can get. Right now a Jack of all Trades is exactly what we need. We need people who can produce resources. This should be greatly encouraged. Just look at the AH (well when the game is up). There is a great lack of resources and what is on the AH is badly over priced. Not enough people producing. Not enough Jack of all Trades.

How is it bad for the economy? The economy is in bad shape as it is and needs all the help it can get. Right now a Jack of all Trades is exactly what we need. We need people who can produce resources. This should be greatly encouraged. Just look at the AH (well when the game is up). There is a great lack of resources and what is on the AH is badly over priced. Not enough people producing. Not enough Jack of all Trades.

what you are saying is so wrong that I think you misread something here.

If you have "Jacks of all trade" as we do now in 2.9 they will simply get all profs to 180k so they can craft everything themselves and only put on AH the chain end item(your delphinad/ayanad items for example) at whatever price they want simply because if unlike them you don't have 50 plots to get and then process every mat possible you simply cannot compete cost wise with them buying from the AH(assuming you can find the item or at least its parts).

in 3.0 the fact that you cannot be "jack of all trades" anymore means they have to buy items from AH now(like it or not) opening a market for others to start selling them, that is why even on official this particular change was great but very shadowed by other changes that were atrocious.

Sure, there is a workaround for this, you can make alts but you can get banned unlike Trino servers or you can make an additional character in your account(that is legal) but you share a labor pool hence it will hurt you anyway, at the end will be more efficient to buy from AH and save your labor for the end chain items.

The reason the supply for base crafting and constructing materials like stone, wood and plants in general is low and expensive, is because there are no cross servers OR alts, like TRION had. AND thats a good thing as you create more niche for roleplay (you can actually be a miner and make good profit here)

On retail you could just log your EU alt as an NA player and spend 5k labour every other day processing materials or mining, for a low profit margin, as it's easy and fast income, and otherwise would be lost.(flooding the market with cheap stone and iron)

It makes no sense to spend labor on primary activities here if they don't return good silver per labor, unless you have limited time ingame or you're a newcomer trying to stabilish your main setup.

Sorry if my english is rusty and cringe, it's not my main language :/

A few things I would like to bring up are

Can the devs here do anything about the insane quest update stutter? Because XLGames refused to even admit to there being a problem as far as I found out.

And

The racial passives being turn into actives that have a 30 min cooldowns are just horrid.

What quest update shutter?
Makes me wonder if you play the game or do any events in game.

Library daily quest and CR is hit the hardest, because there are many mobs dying at once that rapidly updates the quest and causes the game to stutter beyond belief.

Have confirmed this with many of my guildies and friends that the exact same thing happens.

This is a problem that the original devs as far as I know never acknowledged and I have no clue if they even fixed it in a future patch as I haven't played since 3.0.

Was just hoping there could be some kind of server side fix that would help. :(

I play game and simply asked you about what shutter because I have never experienced it or heard a single person complain about it. There are no issues with this on our end.

Makes me wonder if you play the game or do any events in game.

Library daily quest and CR is hit the hardest, because there are many mobs dying at once that rapidly updates the quest and causes the game to stutter beyond belief.

Have confirmed this with many of my guildies and friends that the exact same thing happens.

This is a problem that the original devs as far as I know never acknowledged and I have no clue if they even fixed it in a future patch as I haven't played since 3.0.

Was just hoping there could be some kind of server side fix that would help. :(

Hey, Russdoe I know what you mean but this problem is not fixable by ArcheRage team but only by XL(given the version difference I don't see it happening tho) because is not server side but client side issue and they don't have the client source code as far as I know.

Last time I took time to mess with the client I noticed XL Crytek engine for some reason suddenly eat a lot of VRAM on those situations and in some cases invalidate the cached shaders and re compile the whole lot on the fly generating that insane stutter and/or frame freezes which I haven't notice in any other Crytek engine with even more intense PP but as far as a debugger can tell is 100% code issue on XL Crytek implementation that goes full retard once you have enough action on the game, panic and re compute the whole pipeline.

I made a ticket with these finding to Trino few years ago and is still present in 4.0, hence they didn't give a flying fuck neither did XL

Hey, Russdoe I know what you mean but this problem is not fixable by ArcheRage team but only by XL(given the version difference I don't see it happening tho) because is not server side but client side issue and they don't have the client source code as far as I know.

Last time I took time to mess with the client I noticed XL Crytek engine for some reason suddenly eat a lot of VRAM on those situations and in some cases invalidate the cached shaders and re compile the whole lot on the fly generating that insane stutter and/or frame freezes which I haven't notice in any other Crytek engine with even more intense PP but as far as a debugger can tell is 100% code issue on XL Crytek implementation that goes full retard once you have enough action on the game, panic and re compute the whole pipeline.

I made a ticket with these finding to Trino few years ago and is still present in 4.0, hence they didn't give a flying fuck neither did XL
Yeah I read somewhere that they never even acknowledged the problem at all. Pretty wild stuff.

The stutter is caused by flushing and recompiling shaders on the fly?!?! No wonder it lags :/

I got no faith in it being fixed. I was just looking for answers and thank you for providing some insight and its a damned shame its still present in current patches. 2.9 was truly the golden age :p

I love this. There are some areas like Diamond shores where one player owns all the land and is selling it for a ripoff price. This is perfectly illustrating what is wrong with capitalism. Making them pay more in tax certs is the best way to discourage these kinds of monopolies.

I love this. There are some areas like Diamond shores where one player owns all the land and is selling it for a ripoff price. This is perfectly illustrating what is wrong with capitalism. Making them pay more in tax certs is the best way to discourage these kinds of monopolies.

Dont worry, tax price already increased massively since this thread got started.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

THERE IS SO MUCH LAND IN AURORIA THAT IS FREE RIGHT NOW AS IN YOU CAN JUST TURN UP AND PLONK DOWN A PROPERTY
yet you are focused on DS..........

THERE IS SO MUCH LAND IN AURORIA THAT IS FREE RIGHT NOW AS IN YOU CAN JUST TURN UP AND PLONK DOWN A PROPERTY

Even in DS was plenty empty land lol just gotta be there when it drops

edit: *whispers* I found 2 16x empty today in DS ? @Andres1917

Last edited:

My problem is one person owning a bunch of buildings in the same area. That's capitalism and it prevents other players from owning land for production of resources/homes. We should all have land labor and capital in a game about crafting and stuff.

Back