What's new

[Game event] Winter Maiden Festival!!!

That's what I'm saying though. We shouldn't be forced into it. And that is still a paltry number of boxes. We should just get an unfettered 5-10 minute run at the boxes. It is supposed to be a reward event, but it barely qualifies
If you do this change to a character, everycharacter will receive the buff, and the Lunarite market will implode for months because of that.

considering how easy it was to find him in autumn festival, winter maiden.... didnt find him anywhere.... friend - same deal... no idea where he's spawning.... tried the roofs, the buildings, near trees... nowhere to be seen in austera

But according to the system, many players found bards today.

Just because many players found "bards" today doesn't mean anything for the experience of others.
I personally have scoured both cities for hours with no luck finding the NPC at all.

I think like your system says the bard is indeed spawning, but, his respawn timer is very very very long in each location. This means that though there MAY be 11 spots in each city, very few people can find and interact with him all, effectively locking others out for the duration of the timer.

So yes, on the logs side, yes it may seem like many players found bards, but, the reported experience is that not many people are.

Comparing to the other events like Autumn Festival or the Rookborne Rum Runner Rapids where the bard was in multiple locations and respawned quite quickly, he seems very slow here T_T

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying though. We shouldn't be forced into it. And that is still a paltry number of boxes. We should just get an unfettered 5-10 minute run at the boxes. It is supposed to be a reward event, but it barely qualifies

well i didnt feel forced to do it, i thought it was me being smart XD and event lasting 30 days, the amount of lunarite etc i get now its gonna be very decent by the end of it ^-^ but thats my perspective on it, sorry that you look at it differently ;-)

Yep. I've had it active since yesterday. Haven't finished it yet :D and i figured as much on the level. I suppose the snowmen don't count for this one lol. Thanks for the reply and i'm not sure what the big list in all zones would be but as 55, i assume my best bet would be auroria. Thanks Sparkle. Appreciate it.
I killed the birds by Windscour lake, easy kills, got all the different drops.

I killed the birds by Windscour lake, easy kills, got all the different drops.
What level are you tho? I'm 55 so i don't know if those are high enough for me to get them off of. I finally managed to get some from DS in between getting farmed. It took me a while but finally got them all lol

If you do this change to a character, everycharacter will receive the buff, and the Lunarite market will implode for months because of that.
It won't, though. The cost of gems vs lunarite output is extremely high. And given the low ish rate of lunarite drops from the event anyway, it doesn't really matter.

At most the cost of the market might go down for like a week. Two tops. Lunarite leaves the market almost as fast as it sshows up

He's spawning but there are very many locations bard can spawn at. You'll need to spend some time searching for him.
There are 11 places in each city, where bard can be hiding.
It's good to know that they are spawning. The problem is the rate at which they are spawning. You can't interact with a bard for 30 minutes after you've found one anyways. If possible, could you cut the time they respawn in half? At this rate, I don't think anybody is going to find 7 of them before this event is over therefore negating the possibility of anybody getting the achievement.
If it's not possible to reduce the time, is it possible just to add the instrument to the festival gift exchanger? Even if it's like 120 tokens since this event goes all month, it at least makes it more realistic to obtain through the exchanger than through the achievement of finding 7 bards.

We are quite a few days into this, and multiple people who've spent literal hours looking for them have not seen a single one. I think the music community of this server would appreciate it if at least something is done to make it more achievable.

I keep checking Austera for hours, only tried wandering around Marionople one hourish. No luck yet, but I'll keep hunting. I've checked all the buildings I've found access to, towers that have bushes and holes you can get stuck in, all the rooftops, the music hall, etc. If I find any, I'll try to remember to screencap the location. We could try to make our own map!

look hes playing Jesus

Attachments

• ScreenShot0171.jpg
    ScreenShot0171.jpg
    912.6 KB · Views: 341
A week of the Fest has passed so posting the bards possible spawn points now per the requests. Good luck!

bard1.jpg bard2.jpg

So did someone found now any bards? I searched every point (Marianople) but none.
Did you really check ingame that they really spawn, Sparkle? I ask of this because I had found a week ago a forums post on the official archeage forums and there seems to be the same problem. it was 2 years ago so I guess there was even 3.5 running at the time. Also there was one who said that in Falcorth were some bards that give you still the Flamesinger. Kinda the same what Claude in Discord postet, it is really weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
So did someone found now any bards? I searched every point (Marianople) but none.
Did you really check ingame that they really spawn, Sparkle? I ask of this because I had found a week ago a forums post on the official archeage forums and there seems to be the same problem. it was 2 years ago so I guess there was even 3.5 running at the time. Also there was one who said that in Falcorth were some bards that give you still the Flamesinger. Kinda the same what Claude in Discord postet, it is really weird.

Yes, they spawn and players found them, I already said it before. Somebody even confirm it in Discord yesterday.
Other bards related to other festivals were removed from the game with server restart on Tuesday not to confuse players. You may be referring to them. Some bards can still be found in other locations, but that are permanent bards that are always in game. You can ignore them. You only need Winter Maiden Bard.

Back