What's new

Server updates 7/23: Sheet Music and Artistry Composition, Ode to Recovery, Arenas changes and more!

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
a3J43M2.png
Dear ArcheRagers! Please take a minute to check changes and updates we prepared for you.

To apply them, server is going to be restarted on 7/23 at 7 am.
Duration time - 40 minutes.

List of updates:
  • The mechanics that reduce time of the effect or makes character completely immune to it when effect is used too often is turned off on arenas. From now on effects control counter is reset at the beginning of each round. (Example: sleep immunity).​
  • Violent Maelstrom naval arena is getting several changes:​
    • Immunity, speedboat was getting after restawn (1m 30 sec), was removed from the ships on the naval arena. Boats will remain immune while still at the base.
    • Quests "In the Midst of Battles", "New Horizons" and "Sea Breeze" counters were changed. To complete the quests you'll no longer need to gather Winning or Participation Proof tokens, quest points will be applied automatically when you have your quest in progress.
    • A special item "Abyss Fragment" was added. You'll need it in order to get extra entries to arena. This item can be acquired as a reward from the quests "Crimson Omens 3" and "Assault on Mistmerrow".
  • Music Paper (Sheet Music) and Artistry changes:
    [Devs tried very hard and made increased characters in the songs that were not possible before now possible, so you could now have enough characters to create your “Ode to ArcheRage” our dear musicians ;) ]​
    • Sheet Music title max length was increased from 12 to 48 characters.
    • Music Papers characters limit increased for +1000 characters. So:
      • Music Paper increased from 1000 to 2000;
      • Master's Music Paper increased from 2000 to 3000;
      • Maestro Music Paper increased from 3000 to 4000.
    • Characters limit in the song increased for all Artistry Composition Proficiency levels:
      • Amateur: from 200 to 400
      • Novice: from 400 to 800
      • Veteran: from 600 to 1200
      • Expert: from 800 to 1600
      • Master: from 1000 to 2000
      • Authority: from 1200 to 2200
      • Champion: from 1400 to 2400
      • Adept: from 1600 to 2600
      • Herald: from 1800 to 2800
      • Virtuoso: from 2000 to 3000
      • Celebrity: from 2500 to 3500
      • Famed: from 3000 to 4000
  • [Perform] Ode to Recovery buff will continue ticking for 5 sec even if you start casting another skill.​
  • Clubhead Spore Bundle is added to Farmer's Workstation.​
  • Drop Trade Pack skill can now be used for Trade Outlets Cargo. Players will no longer need to open their Character Info window to have it dropped.​
  • Fixed a bug where players could not craft items that were discounted, even if they had just enough coins.​
  • Fixed a bug with the Lucky Ipnya Scroll name in the folio. It was previously listed incorrectly as a Lucky Ipnysh Scroll.​
  • The following items are added to the Marketplace on the permanent basis:​
    • Invisible Cloak (@ArcheRage custom)
    • 30-Day Vocation Stipend
    • Building Management Title [10 pcs]
    • Building Management Title [30 pcs]
  • In-game boutique updated [LINK]
  • Loyalty shop changes [LINK]
  • Merit shop changes [LINK]

Can you make this tradable and a low'ish credit cost so we can use this instead of Axis Mundi for trading cloak images?
Credit cost of this item was never mentioned and item will be released only tomorrow. There is no known price on this item yet but you are already asking to have it reduced :)

Credit cost of this item was never mentioned and item will be released only tomorrow. There is no known price on this item yet but you are already asking to have it reduced :)

he just said low cost, not lower :p and seems more people were hoping to have a tradeable cloak xD

Not asking for it to be 'reduced'. I'm just saying, having a low cost comparable to Royal's Disguise, which is essentially costume trading fodder. Right now we only have Axis Mundi, which is an expensive way to transfer a cloak, especially when the Axis gets destroyed in the process.

upload_2019-7-22_16-40-7.png

Violent Maelstrom naval arena is getting several changes:
  • Immunity, speedboat was getting after restawn (1m 30 sec), was removed from the ships on the naval arena. Boats will remain immune while still at the base.
  • Quests "In the Midst of Battles", "New Horizons" and "Sea Breeze" counters were changed. To complete the quests you'll no longer need to gather Winning or Participation Proof tokens, quest points will be applied automatically when you have your quest in progress.
  • A special items "Abyss Fragment" was added. You'll need it in order to get extra entries to arena. This item can be acquired as a reward from the quests "Crimson Omens 3" and "Assault on Mistmerrow".
Nice to see neither torpedo or Energy overload getting buffed to actually be useful or fixing weapon spawns from 1min 30secs to 30secs so that it prevents 1 team from taking the other teams weapons to cause snowballing....or making sure red team boats are position correctly...or players spawning under the map to where the only way they can get out is by drowning...nah this is all intended and balanced to how the devs want it to be...telling me that i should go search for weapons better...pfft lol im sure these dev's/admins dont even play the game, just scrample things together and just throw it out there and hope for the best.

@Hyperblast You already received a reply regarding the skills and weapon spawns. Weapon is more than enough but it's all the arena zone, so you need to look around. There is no this or that team weapon, all weapon within the arena area can be picked up by any arena participants, not depending on the team. I already gave you more details about weapon, so you can check for them in another thread, where the reply was provided to you with all the details and even some numbers.

I will give you are more detailed reply regarding the skills.
All skills are balanced. If some type of the skill is not the one you are good in working with, it doesn’t mean it’s bad, bugged or needs to be changed. You just need some practice or can change it in 30 sec if you can’t get used to it.

Some skills work on the greater distance but cause less damage, some work only if you come close and have a very small attack range, so it's compensated with more damage.

For example Torpedo Explosion and Energy blast effect all enemies, you don’t need to aim for a shot too much. Railgun can shoot a very large distance (55m) but you need to aim at the target from the bow of the ship. Fire has a very small radius for damage to be inflicted. It’s just a small rectangle at 35m in front of the boat. Potentially if the enemy’s boat moves even a bit aside, you’ll not be able to cause any damage. And this skill is terrible at long distances in comparison to other skills.

Buff of the any skills you want will lead to the skills imbalance and can be good only to assist some of the players play style.​

The new music crafting seems bugged @Sparkle

If I copy paste something in the editing screen to just test the sound, it will show less characters than it should. My external program will show more than 4k,
upload_2019-7-23_15-13-40.png

(4258)

but then I only get this in-game:

upload_2019-7-23_15-12-30.png

and then when I try to add the volume code v127, which should increase the amount of characters, it seems to remove more characters from the composition:
upload_2019-7-23_15-13-6.png

Before the amount of characters got increased, this never happened, I always got stuck on 3000/3000 whilst trying to preview (not craft) the sounds of longer songs.

Edit: I'm gonna test to see if the same happens with shorter compositions.

@Aviendha We were not able to reproduce this bug on our side. Due to it, that is possible glitch happened on your side. Try to restart the game and repeat same actions.
If issue remains, please record a short video, with the steps you complete that are causing a bug. We’ll then try to reproduce that bug on our side. That will help us to understand the root of the issue and the ways that can have it fixed.

Works just fine for me. I was able to enter 4000 characters into a sheet.
The title adjustment is the biggest boon for me, now I can make proper titles without having to truncate them.

The extra 1000 characters is appreciated!

Now to wish for my dream item, an item that syncs up everyones queued sheets in a party and plays them all at once ;).

oh I was able to reproduce the problem @Sparkle

paste the following into a music sheet then scroll to the bottom
Code:
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
a
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

then go to the a on the second to last line and just hold a button down (like b) once the 'b's run off the line it will delete the bottom lines of a.

To avoid this bug do not export the carriage return character into the music sheets.

Its caused by a line limit in the UI, if you go over it by inserting earlier in the page it will delete the last line if you exceed it.

Interesting when I trigger this bug it seems to totally screw up the UI and you have to exit and reenter to get the proper 4k limit.

Edit: Line limit seems to be 69. (insert joke here).

Last edited:
Back