What's new

Kraken Ink Sac

The introduction of more Kraken inc sacks into the game

• Add a pack to abyssal which has a rare chance to have a inc sac as the reward.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Have kraken release an extra type of tentacle pack that rewards an inc sack

Votes: 65 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep the PN and Pirates tied up with Kraken so the normal folks can still have some type of large scale fun at Abyssal. Do not mess with abyssal or it will be camped so bad noone will go to it and it will just be a gold farm for the PN's as the will just ally up to do it. Make changes that are tailored more towards normal people, not the elite of the server please.

Throwing this one back out there in hopes it gets more attention because it looks like it fits all the criteria.

1. You have to show up to Kraken to get it.
2. PN can't really stop you from getting it.
3. It increases drops across

What about having them drop randomly like Kadums bark does?

Basically if you tag Kraken and are in the area when it dies you get a box similar to the way you get a box after killing Kadum. When you open the box there is a extremely small chance that you get a kraken ink sac directly from the box.

All these threats from PN to dominate Kraken and Abyssal at the same time, so what? If they want to spend that kind of time denying content to the rest of the server, so be it. They'll eventually get burned out trying to monopolize everything.

Some players seem to need that feeling of control that they get out of a video game because they have no control over anything else in their real lives. For those, it is quite pathetic. That shouldn't mean that everyone else's progression should be stopped simply because a small group of people think they should totally control something.

You arnt worried about threats from PNs that have farmed the same bosses for months on end? You cant seriously think we wont farm another event while we are at it? GO AHEAD vote for option 1 at this point I've changed my mind about it. I want this change I want another event that a PN can freefarm at or deny completely. Drunken as it SPOT ON right now we are too busy with kraken to care about abyssal this gives us a reason to show up to stop the event. We will stay at a kraken for 10 hours and somehow you people dont think we will show up and deny you for a few hours until you either leave or the event ends? EITHERWAY we get another Sac that we wont drop the price on btw it doesnt matter how many we have. Those Sacs will sit in the guild bank doing nothing over being sold for a discount. So if you havent gotten it through your head by this point if you make this change you just wont be getting another event. Dont believe me? vote for it and thanks for giving us more gold.

Throwing this one back out there in hopes it gets more attention because it looks like it fits all the criteria.

1. You have to show up to Kraken to get it.
2. PN can't really stop you from getting it.
3. It increases drops across

Basically if you tag Kraken and are in the area when it dies you get a box similar to the way you get a box after killing Kadum. When you open the box there is a extremely small chance that you get a kraken ink sac directly from the box.

You shouldnt be given such a high reward from a boss based on RNG what you are suggesting devalues the boss.

This idea seems plenty fair. The only other thing I could think of is not making kraken a multi-hour boss, some people have, you know, lives. And jobs. And other stuff to do that impedes doing 10 hour content. Just because some of you can sit behind your screen for that long (which is proven to be unhealthy btw, get outside more guys), doesn't mean everyone can. A lot of this argument seems to be based on the idea that players don't WANT to go to kraken and pvp, when in reality...it simply isn't feasible most of the time. I do understand why this time investment makes them want to charge 60k, I'm not faulting them for that honestly, but the precedent has been set so I doubt lowering the required time for a kill would do anything at this point, it would have needed to be done from the start. Due to that, as I said, I think the box drops are a good idea.

To the PN's/guilds that complain about this kind of change being thought about: you don't get to consistently keep people from doing content to gear up, and then blame those same people you constantly hinder for not showing up. Why would they? This isn't a new problem, but higher GS players go around bullying lower GS players, then wonder why those players would rather play casually...that line of thinking is laughable. If more pvp is what you want, if a challenge is what you want...then geared players should stop hand-holding each other and go fight each other. But most self-proclaimed pvp-junkies aren't about having a fight...they are about dunking people with next to no chance. And before "oh derp, but I fight people with higher GS all the time and win/kite them out"...yeah, me too, been directly complimented for my ability to do so on multiple occasions. Other people do this as well. But the fact of the matter is that this is a tab-target game, where dice rolls decide the combat, from blocking, to accuracy, to parrying, to evasion, to crits, etc etc. The only mildly skillful things are proper skill rotations, and staying behind people to maximize damage (for the classes based on that), neither of which are that tough to do. Plainly and simply, if your numbers are significantly higher than the guy you are fighting...well, the people with lower GS don't WIN those fights...the people with higher GS LOSE those fights, if y'all catch my meaning. At no point should you be losing to lower GS players unless you majorly screwed up in some way, or they are playing a class that is EXTRAORDINARILY counter to your own.

I honestly don't know why you pn people are crying so much over this. Kraken ink sac's on live were NEVER the main reason to kill the kraken. Super rare drops like the shield or glider were the reason. This server having only one kraken that drops one tentacle vs multiple on live just doesn't work. It's a crafting mat for basic gear progression and there will never be enough. Should only a few classes be blocked from t6'ing their gear? Of course not. It's a simple matter of compensating for the differences on this server compared to live, so that ALL player's can gear. I personally wouldn't mind paying a reasonable price, but let's be honest. Nobody in their right mind would spend 60k on a single mat to t6 a single piece of gear. It's ridiculous. I applaud AR for recognizing this and looking for a way to correct the problem.

I can‘t believe that so many people I‘ve never seen before at either event expect a free high valuable boss item without ever showing up to any big boss event / any experience. This is a PVP based game, just because you‘re potatoing all day long and can‘t be asked to move out and fight for the things you want, don‘t ruin it for the other 80% of the player base.

edit:
someone said it but i‘ll tell you that again, there is no PN that is unkillable. they started out at either faction just like you guys did and worked their way up top, and this includes grinding a boss 3 times a week for multiple hours. endgame content belongs to those that worked their way up to the top, not some crybabies lol

This is just a rage thread at this point and people just keep derailing into complaints about PN or complaints that people wont fight them neither of which will bring more ink sacs into the game.

I think it would be hilarious at this point if the devs just added it to the credit shop and watch all the people here lose their god damn minds...

Reactions: Hny
I can‘t believe that so many people I‘ve never seen before at either event expect a free high valuable boss item without ever showing up to any big boss event / any experience. This is a PVP based game, just because you‘re potatoing all day long and can‘t be asked to move out and fight for the things you want, don‘t ruin it for the other 80% of the player base.

edit:
someone said it but i‘ll tell you that again, there is no PN that is unkillable. they started out at either faction just like you guys did and worked their way up top, and this includes grinding a boss 3 times a week for multiple hours. endgame content belongs to those that worked their way up to the top, not some crybabies lol

As u and other people said on older post, Kraken is a thing that can mean stay 10h at the worse situation. Well, im very happy that some people can stay all that time (so 6:30PM--> 6:30 AM) but this mean too that people doesnt work or doesnt matter if they hurt their health in order to make a boss. Is their problem, not our, but just forget for a moment that this is a NA server and be a little empathic person and think " oh, if this start at 6:30 PM on our side, its around 00:30 to most EU players" and if u can reach to that point u gonna see that on EU just people who doesnt work can go BECAUSE 12:30 mean WORK.
So yeah, if admind try to find an option like this is not all about screw PN and more to make a little easy for all to get their gear up (i dont need any kraken inc, but pay 60-70k for just one item for make a t6 is a little outrageous for all that need it)

(...) reach to that point u gonna see that on EU just people who doesnt work can go BECAUSE 12:30 mean WORK. (...)

What does that have to do with anything? Abyssal is right after Kraken, that's in the middle of the night as well lol

What does that have to do with anything? Abyssal is right after Kraken, that's in the middle of the night as well lol
not after 10h of contest and not event at 12:30, at most on abyssal all is done at 3:30 AM for EU players, and yeah they have too many more chances to get the item than trying to stay in a raid for 10h without going to their work

Last edited:
It is terrible to see how every time someone who belongs to the PN speaks, his posts only distill egoism.
It seems to me unbearable how they threaten so quietly, or how they believe that the rest of the non-PN players are only garbage.

The more I read, the more abbreviating this all seems to me, and I am also clearer that, no matter how much @Sparkle tries to solve a patent problem on the server (that of this loot) it will not be possible as long as the nations have absolute power over the events
The voting is over, no matter what option wins. Choose the one you choose the winner is clear -> PN

In addition, for now he is winning the first option, bye abyssal, we will not see him active again for a long time, or if we see him we will not enjoy the normal players, no doubt xD

PS: I hope to see the day that there is no PN, either by the hand of Sparkle, that I get to see that it only disintegrates all the players and breaks the game having so many absurd factions, and disabling them, or because it comes to enter here 5.0 before normal players get tired of the server.

I am seeing alot of people here who dont want to come out and fight over the hard bosses and just expect a random free drop from them like they are some peacetime world boss after MM. That makes NO sense at all the 2 bosses are not even comparable in difficulty. The reward should match the challenge the whole "drop one like off kadum" idea is completely unreasonable.

I saw @Unscrupulous mention the other drops and yes kraken does have better items but the kraken ink sac is a "safety net" drop because most of these other items that it drops are worthless. Atleast if kraken goes for say 6 hours and drops a hoop that safety net drop of an ink sac is STILL going to be there but if you devalue it by having it handed out randomly like a kadums bark then suddenly you take a large part of your player base and just give them the middle finger. I get that there are people that want to T6 thier stuff but asking for a free hand out for such a high value item is NOT the way to do it.

Both factions have plenty of people WITH GEAR mind you that they could come out and fight for it the boss doesnt need to take 10 hours you can kill it in 5 mins if you win those fights. So not having time is NO excuse at all @Trasher

At this point I think alot of you voted without realizing the consequences of what this change to Ink Sacs dropping at abyssal would mean. You simply went with the mindset of "More Ink Sacs means more people will get them" but Im sorry to tell you this is simply wrong. Abyssal is a limited time event and is completely blockable by a small group of players on a boat. If this change is made all that will happen is the gap between PNs and Factions will widen because the abyssal with either be blocked from being finished by 5 lads on a gally or allowed to finish and then camp the bench so that PNs get ANOTHER SAC each time it spawns.

I hope that some of you understand better what the plan is here if this goes through you wont be getting more Ink Sacs for cheaper to tier up your gear the price will remain the same and the players actually in PNs get their sacs for free so its not a worry to them. Its just another event the East and West will have to fight for and as so many of you have mentioned like @Phobophage you dont expect low gear score players to fight over content. Well bud if this change goes through youll be fighting for abyssal now. So please Sparkle make this change I will be back here on the forums in 2 weeks when people will be asking for PNs to be banned or disbanded for blocking abyssal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back