New guilds content: guild functions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
guild.jpg

As you may remember, previously we said we are planning to make some changes in guilds. That changes are related to guilds weekly EXP requirements and guild functions.

Here we'll speak about the new guild functions that are currently in development.

New guild functions that will be added are the following:
  • Guild Bank
  • Guild Buffs (improved)
  • Guild Shop (improved)
Guild Bank will let the guild to store guild items. Guild leader will be able to set guild bank access permissions for other guild members. Guild Bank size may be changed with the help of Guild Certificate. More details related to the Guild Bank will be posted later.

Guild Buffs will include the improved buffs, guild will be able to purchase for Guild Certificates. If you have any interesting ideas of guild buffs, feel free to offer in this thread. We'll make sure to check your ideas and some may even be used.

Improved Guild Shop will let you to obtain additional items. To use improved Guild Shop, you'll need to use Guild Certificates. Improved Guild Shop will need to be pre-paid every week.

Guild Certificates will let you change your Guild Buffs, Guild Bank size and use improved Guild Shop.

More details regarding Guild Certificates:
  1. For the Guild EXP your guild will be able to purchase Guild Certificates. From too active spending of exp, you can lose the guild level.
  2. Guild Certificates will have different levels and will have different cost.
  3. Guild Certificate level is equal to the guild level or lower. For example, a level 7 Guild can buy Certificates from level 1 to level 7.
  4. Guild Certificate can be transferred to others or sold at the auction house.
  5. Guild Certificate can be used by any guild even if the certificate level is higher than the guild level.
  6. Guild Certificate is used to pay for guild functions for a week (starts counting from Monday). Guild can pay for a few weeks ahead.
  7. A higher Guild Certificate level gives a better function. For example, a Guild Bank, level 1 certificate gives 200 slots, level 2 - 400 slots, level 3 - 600, etc.
If you have any ideas on additional functions you'd like to see in a guild but not mentioned here, feel free to comment.

For the Guild EXP your guild will be able to purchase Guild Certificates. From too active spending of exp, you can lose the guild level.​
  1. Guild Certificates will have different levels and will have different cost
  2. Guild Certificate level is equal to the guild level or lower. For example, a level 7 Guild can buy Certificates from level 1 to level 7.
  3. Guild Certificate can be transferred to others or sold at the auction house.
  4. Guild Certificate can be used by any guild even if the certificate level is higher than the guild level.
  5. Guild Certificate is used to pay for guild functions for a week (starts counting from Monday). Guild can pay for a few weeks ahead.
  6. A higher Guild Certificate level gives a better function. For example, a Guild Bank, level 1 certificate gives 200 slots, level 2 - 400 slots, level 3 - 600, etc.
If you have any ideas on additional functions you'd like to see in a guild but not mentioned here, feel free to comment.[/justify]
Hi Sparkle, as a guild master I would like to comment on the part about the Guild Certificates being purchasable by players in guild. I think there needs to be some countermeasure on how many guild certificates can be bought, or to only allow members with a certain rank in the guild to purchase the guild certificates.

It would be highly undesirable for a member of the guild to do something malicious like buy all of the certificates resulting in the level down of the guild.

1. For the Guild EXP your guild will be able to purchase Guild Certificates. From too active spending of exp, you can lose the guild level

I dun understand how this "Level loss" is gonna work
If you overspend the EXP, will you reset back to the beginning of the previous level...
Like say you were level 5 and then you over spend
do you have to start back at level 4 from o EXP.... I mean :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
or will you reset to level 4 minus as much EXP as you overspent from the "XP required to upgrade"

and then ditto to @Thinking 's post... so easy to grief :p:p:p

@Thinking As it's a guild EXP, control over all EXP expenses, of course, will have a guild leader only.
@xkf2 Minus EXP spent. So guild can easily return back to the level 5 if mistakenly overspent EXP and reached level 4. Also, that will be useful if guild leader, for example, decides to disband the guild and create a new one. So, instead of just disbanding guild can decide to downgrade and get last profit from it in a form of Guild Certificates and then use them on your new guild.

Can we have a screenshot or a list of items in the improved shop?
This is a development thread, meaning it's still in development and nothing is finished yet. If you have any suggestions, please go ahead.

Hi Sparkle, as a guild master I would like to comment on the part about the Guild Certificates being purchasable by players in guild. I think there needs to be some countermeasure on how many guild certificates can be bought, or to only allow members with a certain rank in the guild to purchase the guild certificates.

It would be highly undesirable for a member of the guild to do something malicious like buy all of the certificates resulting in the level down of the guild.

Was gonna say, where did you read this? But Sparkle already replied it's not possible ^.^

5. Guild Certificate can be used by any guild even if the certificate level is higher than the guild level.​

I do appreciate you wanting to give lower level guilds access to higher level content, like the extra storage slots for bank, but isn't this risky for them too? What if higher level guilds put insane prices on those high level certs?

I got mixed feelings about this part, anyone any thoughts to share on it?

I do appreciate you wanting to give lower level guilds access to higher level content, like the extra storage slots for bank, but isn't this risky for them too? What if higher level guilds put insane prices on those high level certs?
I got mixed feelings about this part, anyone any thoughts to share on it?

In such a case lower level guild will get more incentives to increase their guild level faster and actively improve their guild, so they could produce certificates themselves instead of buying them from other guilds.

In such a case lower level guild will get more incentives to increase their guild level faster and actively improve their guild, so they could produce certificates themselves instead of buying them from other guilds.

Fair enough, that's actually what I do for everything in-game, if it's expensive make sure I can do it myself.. Thanks, hadn't connected the two yet.

Hello, guild functions is an amazing idea, i just want to ask if there are a few more details about guild bank function or if the idea was dropped

It's still in development and planned to be released some time after 4.0 release, so if you have any suggestions on additional functions not mentioned, you can still post them here.

this system is intended to avoid people to do small guilds? Because the the exp guild inst working very good now that 200exp guild leader quest was removed.

We were able to make 2.7k+guild exp until 3.4, now we made only 1.3k

I though the system was to remove unactive guilds from rank, not to punish small guilds.

this system is intended to avoid people to do small guilds? Because the the exp guild inst working very good now that 200exp guild leader quest was removed.

We were able to make 2.7k+guild exp until 3.4, now we made only 1.3k

I though the system was to remove unactive guilds from rank, not to punish small guilds.

Do you mean current EXP requirements for the guilds to keep their place in the Ranking list?
But they are extremely low and only inactive guild will not be able to complete them.
Here is the update info related to EXP changes:
  • Changes announced at 3.5 release (in 3.5 Patch notes) related to the guilds activity, specifically, Guild EXP requirements, come into effect.
    Details:
    • If guild doesn't obtain required amount of EXP within 1 week (from Monday till Sunday), guild is going to be removed from the Ranking list for the next week. If guild gains needed amount next week - it returns back to the Ranking list.
    • Guild needs to gain the following amount of EXP within a week if it wants to stay in the Ranking list next week:
      • level 1 - 500 EXP
      • level 2 - 1000 EXP
      • level 3 - 1500 EXP
      • level 4 - 2000 EXP
      • level 5 - 2500 EXP
      • level 6 - 3000 EXP
      • level 7 - 3500 EXP
      • level 8 - 4000 EXP
And there is no need for the inactive guild to stay in the Ranking list.
So, which way is that removal from the Ranking list punishing small guilds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back