What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honor Pots
  • Goblets of Honor now offer one of the following effects: Melee Attack, Ranged Attack, Magic Attack, or Healing power.
Goblets of honor now only boost your attack power by +64, which is a significant downgrade from what they currently are and makes them not very good for the price.
Dawn of Glories giving a percentage of your overall attack rewards players that have higher levels of stats by giving them even more stats, by making the potions give flat amounts of attack, it is more beneficial to players on the lower end of the gear spectrum.

1000 Ranged Attack with Old Honor Pot = 1150 Ranged Attack, a gain of 150 attack (15% increase)
1000 Ranged Attack with New Honor Pot = 1064 Ranged Attack, a gain of 64 attack (6.4% increase)

800 Ranged Attack with Old Honor Pot = 920 Ranged Attack, a gain of 120 attack (15% increase)
800 Ranged Attack with New Honor Pot = 864 Ranged Attack, a gain of 64 attack (8% increase)

@Sparkle @Sjinderson

One thing that really got players mad for the 4.0 update, was switching up what each stat does (strength, agility, etc.)

Players have spent a lot of time and money getting epic T6 gear, only for Trion to tell them "TOUGH LUCK". This made a lot of people quit the game.

For example: Plenty of Darkrunners out there have the agility version of obsidian because it's good for the crit rate and evasion. When the stats change up, agility is completely useless to a Darkrunner. They would need to swap their gear to strength.

I think it would be best to NOT go forward with that part of the update. I cannot stress this enough...

@Sparkle @Sjinderson

One thing that really got players mad for the 4.0 update, was switching up what each stat does (strength, agility, etc.)

Players have spent a lot of time and money getting epic T6 jerkins, only for Trion to tell them "TOUGH LUCK". This made a lot of people quit the game.

For example: Plenty of Darkrunners out there have the agility version of obsidian because it's good for the crit rate and evasion. When the stats change up, agility is completely useless to a Darkrunner. They would need to swap their gear to strength.

I think it would be best to NOT go forward with that part of the update. I cannot stress this enough...
These are not from 4.0. The stat changes are 4.5

• Strength per point --0.2 DPS, 0.020% Parry (up from 0.006%), no longer provides shield block, 0.013% Melee Accuracy (up from 0.012%), 0.027% Melee Critical Rate (up from 0).
  • Agility per point -- 0.2 DPS, 0.01% Evasion, 0.013% Ranged Accuracy (up from 0.012%), no longer provides Melee Critical Rate, 0.027% Ranged Accuracy (up from 0.013%).
  • Stamina per point -- No longer provides parry, 0.016% Shield Block (up from 0), 12 health, no longer provides Ranged Critical Rate, 0.2 Health Regen (up from 0).
  • Intelligence per point -- 0.2 DPS, 0.01% Evasion, 12 Mana, 0.013% Magic Accuracy (up from 0.012%), 0.03% Magic Critical Rate.
  • Spirit per point -- 0.2 DPS, 0.020% Parry (up from 0), 1 Magic Defense, no longer provides Melee Accuracy, no longer provides Ranged Accuracy, 0.013% Magic Accuracy (up from 0.012%), 0.03% Critical Heal Rate, no longer provides Health Regen, 0.2 Mana Regen.
All of these are 4.5. Not 4.0

@Sjinderson I do have one concern regarding lunagems. Since we can put them in guaranteed, everybody will put full crit gems in their weapons.

Issue (not including the extra gem slot from mythic weapons):

-2H weapons have the opportunity to put 7 gems in their weapon. Filled with crit that allows them to have +35% crit damage.

-1H weapons have the opportunity to put 14 gems in their weapon set. Filled with crit that allows them to have +56% crit damage.

I think the gap difference should be more equal to eachother. Yes, 2H hits harder at a base rate, but you're taking a huge risk by not have the extra attack speed, parry, and can't parry ranged attacks. You also only get 1 weapon passive, so it already has a pretty big handicap. With 1H weapon sets being able to do so much crit, it kinda of ruins the idea of a 2H altogether. For most people, they've invested in their 2H weapon and it's too late to go back.

Please look into this.

@Sjinderson I do have one concern regarding lunagems. Since we can put them in guaranteed, everybody will put full crit gems in their weapons.

-2H weapons have the opportunity to put 7 gems in their weapon. Filled with crit that allows them to have +35% crit damage.

-1H weapons have the opportunity to put 14 gems in their weapon set. Filled with crit that allows them to have +56% crit damage.

I think the gap difference should be more equal to eachother. Yes, 2H hits harder at a base rate, but you're taking a huge risk by not have the extra attack speed, parry, and can't parry ranged attacks. You also only get 1 weapon passive, so it already has a pretty big handicap. With 1H weapon sets being able to do so much crit, it kinda of ruins the idea of a 2H altogether. For most people, they've invested in their 2H weapon and it's too late to go back.

Please look into this.
I don't think you realize this is already the case as is, 2h crit gems and 1h crit gems exist already. It's the tradeoff of going 2h over 1h, 1h is more expensive (have to regrade 2x the items) and as such you can get higher stats from it.

Please look into this.
In 3.5 dual wield buff also had 7% bonus damage on rapid strike, and various other skills removed. 2H currently also gets a 5% damage boost on all skills on top of having a higher base attack that is impossible for dual wield to make up for.

Dual wield melee is generally pretty trash unless you have an epic ayanad or legendary weapon, but with 2hander you can easily knock people over with just a divine ayanad.

Furthermore, every gem has a gold / honor / material cost associated with it. Dual wielders will have to farm, buy, and craft twice as many gems for their weapons. In addition, gold cost for socketing has gone up drastically, with the last socket in many weapons costing thousand(s?) of gold.

With everyone gaining 2k resilience in 4.0 (new gems for boots give 480 resilience each btw!), crit damage and rate have been dampened. 2 hander should still do noticeably more damage than dual wield regardless of the crit damage disparity. The positive arguments for 2 hander are still intact: More Raw Dps, More Overall Damage, Cheaper initial cost, Cheaper gemming cost, Easier shield / active ability swapping, Only one lunafrost required.

In a game where most PvP consists of killing/dying within 3-8 abilities, there's still a good reason to choose the more bursty weapon option.

Last edited:
I don't think you realize this is already the case as is, 2h crit gems and 1h crit gems exist already. It's the tradeoff of going 2h over 1h, 1h is more expensive (have to regrade 2x the items) and as such you can get higher stats from it.
I understand entirely. What I don't think you're getting as of right now, nobody has full crit gems in their weapons. The price of the gems, combined with the RNG? That's what is keeping the balance. After the 4.0 patch, literally everybody that pvps in the game will invest in full crit gems. Focus will no longer be a thing.

Despite the cost, which has absolutely nothing to do with the crit difference, people will get them. There's no debate.

In 3.5 dual wield buff also had 7% bonus damage on rapid strike, and various other skills removed. 2H currently also gets a 5% damage boost on all skills on top of having a higher base attack that is impossible for dual wield to make up for.

Dual wield melee is generally pretty trash unless you have an epic ayanad or legendary weapon, but with 2hander you can easily knock people over with just a divine ayanad.

Furthermore, every gem has a gold / honor / material cost associated with it. Dual wielders will have to farm, buy, and craft twice as many gems for their weapons. In addition, gold cost for socketing has gone up drastically, with the last socket in many weapons costing thousand(s?) of gold.

With everyone gaining 2k resilience in 4.0 (new gems for boots give 480 resilience each btw!), crit damage and rate have been dampened. 2 hander should still do noticeably more damage than dual wield regardless of the crit damage disparity. The positive arguments for 2 hander are still intact: More Raw Dps, More Overall Damage, Cheaper initial cost, Cheaper gemming cost, Easier shield / active ability swapping, Only one lunafrost required.

In a game where most PvP consists of killing/dying within 3-8 abilities, there's still a good reason to choose the more bursty weapon option.
Dual wielding melee is more than worth it. If you played the live server, you would know that most of the top pvpers would pick dual wield. The amount DPS you get from a leggy erenor is still insane, and you get almost double the crit. All while still being able to parry everything.

Again, despite cost (which has nothing to do with crit gems), people WILL get them. Everybody that pvps in the game will have fully gemmed weapons with crit. No debate.

Compare a 1H Leggy Erenor vs a Leggy 2H Erenor. I see the DPS difference, which is fair, but I do not understand the crit gem difference. It's going to be an insane difference once everybody gets their gems.

I'm not asking for a boost in 2H, but I think that suggestions should be made to make it more balanced as it is right now. The RNG in the lunagems are the only thing keeping balance as of now.

I understand entirely. What I don't think you're getting as of right now, nobody has full crit gems in their weapons. The price of the gems, combined with the RNG? That's what is keeping the balance. After the 4.0 patch, literally everybody that pvps in the game will invest in full crit gems. Focus will no longer be a thing.

Despite the cost, which has absolutely nothing to do with the crit difference, people will get them. There's no debate.

Dual wielding melee is more than worth it. If you played the live server, you would know that most of the top pvpers would pick dual wield. The amount DPS you get from a leggy erenor is still insane, and you get almost double the crit. All while still being able to parry everything.

Again, despite cost (which has nothing to do with crit gems), people WILL get them. Everybody that pvps in the game will have fully gemmed weapons with crit. No debate.

Compare a 1H Leggy Erenor vs a Leggy 2H Erenor. I see the DPS difference, which is fair, but I do not understand the crit gem difference. It's going to be an insane difference once everybody gets their gems.

I'm not asking for a boost in 2H, but I think that suggestions should be made to make it more balanced as it is right now. The RNG in the lunagems are the only thing keeping balance as of now.
A melee with pretty standard gear should have somewhere around 110% crit bonus with battle focus up (divine t5, battle focus lute, costume).

2H full gems in 4.0: 110% + 35% = 145% crit damage

DW full gems in 4.0: 110% + 56% = 166% crit damage

When you factor in all of the other sources of crit damage, the difference between duel wield and 2h is not nearly as drastic as you make it out to be. Sure, in terms of the right and left hand weapon gems, DW gains 1.6x more crit than 2H, but holistically, the difference in crit damage overall is not very large, only 21% crit damage in a patch where most people will be hovering around 6k, and maybe for some more geared individuals, nearly 8k resilience.

I will admit that the case for dual wield improves in 4.0, but I don't think it will make 2H users remotely obsolete and force them to reroll like some people are making it out to be.

Last edited:
A melee with pretty standard gear should have somewhere around 110% crit bonus with battle focus up (divine t5, battle focus lute, costume).

When you factor in all of the other sources of crit damage, the difference between duel wield and 2h is not nearly as drastic as you make it out to be. Sure, in terms of the right and left hand weapon gems, DW gains 1.6x more crit than 2H, but holistically, the difference in crit damage overall is not very large, only 21% crit damage in a patch where most people will be hovering around 6k, and maybe for some more geared individuals, nearly 8k resilience.
All you did was add 110% to both. It's literally the same difference as my original post. You could add 900%, and all you're doing is making the gap look smaller by using larger numbers. Looking at the crit difference and seeing Dual Wield have more, really doesn't make any sense. You're taking a huge risk going 2H, so dual wield shouldn't have that advantage.

If we don't adjust the crit gems, then 2H might as well get the same parry advantage. It should be able to parry ranged attacks. It needs to be balanced, and it definitely will not be in 4.0.

All you did was add 110% to both. It's literally the same difference as my original post. You could add 900%, and all you're doing is making the gap look smaller by using larger numbers. Looking at the crit difference and seeing Dual Wield have more, really doesn't make any sense. You're taking a huge risk going 2H, so dual wield shouldn't have that advantage.

If we don't adjust the crit gems, then 2H might as well get the same parry advantage. It should be able to parry ranged attacks. It needs to be balanced, and it definitely will not be in 4.0.
2H has the same disadvantages as going staff mage for example, it's glass cannon, 2H shouldn't be considered by players who are afraid to die, 2H is still the maximum damage output regardless of the crit damage change unless we are talking mythic or potentially eternal erenor weapons? which are actually impossible to create on this server in the current state of the game. I'm not sure what you're complaining about here, 2H will always still hit harder in realistic scenarios.

I did simply just add 110 to both numbers, but by doing it it changes your argument from being 56% vs 35% to 166% vs 145%, which looks a lot less extreme, as it is when you factor in crit damage from the other buffs and sources of gear. Not to mention Obsidian Nodachi and Greatsword (especially at t7) give a remarkably high level of crit damage bonus that essentially evens out the 4.0 crit damage disparity.

Let's also not forget that dual wield melee is almost universally considered bad unless you're what? 7k? 7.5k? 8k gearscore on this server? If anything the 4.0 gemming changes in their unaltered state balance the playing field and ultimately result in more realistic gear options for players.

Staff mage would be included in my argument. It is still 2H. The crit difference is still too much. It is NOT the maximum output damage when the crit% is so different. It should be a significantly different with all the flaws given. Yes, I'm talking about erenor weapons. The weapons that all the geared people will have. Anything less would include people that don't do enough damage to participate in events like Kraken, etc. They're not impossible to make because there are already tons of them lol. If you're not among the geared population, or can't afford the things most pvpers are going to get, then your opinion doesn't help. A majority of pvpers in the server are going erenor, and full crit gems.

Yes the numbers look "less extreme", but like I said, it's only because the number is larger. Add another 100,000 and it will look nearly identical. Btw... T7 is out. Everybody is going erenor and ditching the T7 weapons. Once they can be cloaked, they will be worth 45-70k on the AH.

Dual wield is considered equivalent depending on gear score. It doesn't matter if you're 7-8k. If you're 4k dual wield vs a 4k 2H, then the result is the same. I'm assuming now that you're not familiar with pvp and gear results. Thank you for your opinion, but if you disagree and seem to be so uneducated by classes and gear, then clearly your opinion is irrelevant. Not trying to be mean... just take it with a grain of salt. This IS something that needs to be looked into.

A majority of pvpers in the server are going erenor, and full crit gems.
3.5 has been out for 4-5 months by now?

13/100 Players in the top 100 1H weapons have erenor weapon
8/100 Players in the top 100 2H weapons have erenor weapon

Not sure where you are getting the "majority" argument from. Outside of the top 100, there aren't more than 10 erenor weapons in either of the two player nations on the server? The most common pvpers.

Yes the numbers look "less extreme", but like I said, it's only because the number is larger. Add another 100,000 and it will look nearly identical.
The number is larger than your figure because the number is accurate, that's the level of crit damage most people will be around in 4.0 so that's what we should be comparing.

Btw... T7 is out. Everybody is going erenor and ditching the T7 weapons. Once they can be cloaked, they will be worth 45-70k on the AH.
You can't recloak obsidian t7 weapons until 4.5, which likely won't be for what, at least 6 months to 1 year+?

Ditching T7 and going erenor on a server where erenor is nerfed 10% is also an awful idea for most players, unless you can get your hands on a legendary erenor or better, even epic erenor is still weaker than legendary t7 for the same cost. It would be extremely dumb to not buy a "45k-70k" t7 if the erenor equivalent is epic or even legendary (on obsidian crit damage weapons).

Dual wield is considered equivalent depending on gear score. It doesn't matter if you're 7-8k. If you're 4k dual wield vs a 4k 2H, then the result is the same. I'm assuming now that you're not familiar with pvp and gear results. Thank you for your opinion, but if you disagree and seem to be so uneducated by classes and gear, then clearly your opinion is irrelevant. Not trying to be mean... just take it with a grain of salt. This IS something that needs to be looked into.
Dual wield is definitely not equivalent to a 2H with the same gearscore, Dual wield innately has more gearscore and less overall attack power. A 6.5k dual wield DR likely is carrying around an epic ayanad weapon (724 dps) and 6.5k 2H DR is likely carrying around a legendary t6 or legendary t7 weapon (879-1036 dps) or at the very least an epic ayanad (869 dps).

Give up Kezz man.
He/she already won the argument when it was mentioned that T7 Nodachi/Greatsword makes up for the loss of crit from gems.

3.5 has been out for 4-5 months by now?

13/100 Players in the top 100 1H weapons have erenor weapon
8/100 Players in the top 100 2H weapons have erenor weapon

Not sure where you are getting the "majority" argument from. Outside of the top 100, there aren't more than 10 erenor weapons in either of the two player nations on the server? The most common pvpers.
This is because they aren't on the top 100 list. I have a epic erenor with 4 crit gems and 1 lucid buffet gem in it. Just because it isn't on the top 100 doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Now that I know you're not up to date with the servers gear, then your opinion matters less and less to me.

The number is larger than your figure because the number is accurate, that's the level of crit damage most people will be around in 4.0 so that's what we should be comparing.
It DOESN'T matter lmao. My point stands. You literally made no difference in crit. It's a psychological view in comparison to a larger number. What are you even trying to argue on this anymore? I made my point.

You can't recloak obsidian t7 weapons until 4.5, which likely won't be for what, at least 6 months to 1 year+?

Ditching T7 and going erenor on a server where erenor is nerfed 10% is also an awful idea for most players, unless you can get your hands on a legendary erenor or better, even epic erenor is still weaker than legendary t7 for the same cost. It would be extremely dumb to not buy a "45k-70k" t7 if the erenor equivalent is epic or even legendary (on obsidian crit damage weapons).
How is it an awful idea? It does so much more DPS. Have you done no homework on this? Or can you just not afford erenor, so they idea went out the window entirely for you? Like I said... everybody is getting erenor. Anybody that matters at least. And yes, legendary erenor is the goal for everybody as well. I'm not sure what you're arguing here either? Or what this has to do with my original argument on crit gems? I'm beginning to think you just like to get on the forums and argue for the sake of the argument. No real end goal.

Dual wield is definitely not equivalent to a 2H with the same gearscore, Dual wield innately has more gearscore and less overall attack power. A 6.5k dual wield DR likely is carrying around an epic ayanad weapon (724 dps) and 6.5k 2H DR is likely carrying around a legendary t6 or legendary t7 weapon (879-1036 dps) or at the very least an epic ayanad (869 dps).
Did you just make an argument based on the ASSUMPTION that 2H DR's "probably" have a better weapon? How is that in any way "equal"? Your argument is so invalid at this point that all of your opinions just went out of the window.

Give up Kezz man.
He/she already won the argument when it was mentioned that T7 Nodachi/Greatsword makes up for the loss of crit from gems.
How did he win anything? Like I said, T7 is out. Everybody is going erenor. Even Keepo, who had the perfect set up with a Leggy T7, decided to go Erenor. This person I'm arguing with is not educated with peoples current gear. He's clearly not geared himself. He just has opinions for the sake of argument. I doubt he's ever been geared and I don't think he even understands what the pvp is like when it's high gear score vs high gear score. Therefore, his opinions have become irrelevant.

Last edited:
This is because they aren't on the top 100 list. I have a epic erenor with 4 crit gems and 1 lucid buffet gem in it. Just because it isn't on the top 100 doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Now that I know you're not up to date with the servers gear, then your opinion matters less and less to me.
I mentioned players in player nations outside of the top 100 as well.

How is it an awful idea? It does so much more DPS. Have you done no homework on this? Or can you just not afford erenor, so they idea went out the window entirely for you? Like I said... everybody is getting erenor. Anybody that matters at least. And yes, legendary erenor is the goal for everybody as well. I'm not sure what you're arguing here either? Or what this has to do with my original argument on crit gems? I'm beginning to think you just like to get on the forums and argue for the sake of the argument. No real end goal.
Only legendary erenor is actually better than t7, and even then on weapons with certain equip effects t7 may still actually be more effective.

Did you just make an argument based on the ASSUMPTION that 2H DR's "probably" have a better weapon? How is that in any way "equal"? Your argument is so invalid at this point that all of your opinions just went out of the window.
It's not equal, I said that their weapons probably aren't equal if they're the same gearscore. It is an opinion of mine based on a perception regarding the server that I think many would agree with. Getting gearscore (not necessarily effective stats) as dual wield is much easier than 2h.

How did he win anything? Like I said, T7 is out. Everybody is going erenor. Even Keepo, who had the perfect set up with a Leggy T7, decided to go Erenor. This person I'm arguing with is not educated with peoples current gear. He's clearly not geared himself. He just has opinions for the sake of argument. I doubt he's ever been geared and I don't think he even understands what the pvp is like when it's high gear score vs high gear score. Therefore, his opinions have become irrelevant.
I mean you can keep trying to attack my character all you want, I'm actually in the top 15 gearscore on the server and have more hostile factions kills than you... I've been playing the server without a break since ohh... January 2018? I would say I know what high gearscore pvp is like, being a guild leader in one of the player nations.

If you didn't know, the equip effect on t7 greatsword (extra charge range) also doesn't work on this server, and the admins said they aren't fixing it or don't know how. Keepo probably decided to buy my erenor longspear because he wanted to use a longspear, not necessarily because of erenor. I'm sure he will enjoy the erenor aspect of it, he could sell it later on at some point. I'd be surprised if he fed it to legendary though, with the weapon being at 1% xp last I checked? Legendary obsidian longspears also don't really exist on this server unless you are lucky or regrade it yourself.

At this point I'm not really sure what the argument is about anymore partner, but I think it's clear that we don't agree. Maybe more discussion can be had when more opinions have been added to the thread, but otherwise, I feel that this talk has really derailed from where it started.

Last edited:
I mentioned players in player nations outside of the top 100 as well.

Only legendary erenor is actually better than t7, and even then on weapons with certain equip effects t7 may still actually be more effective.

It's not equal, I said that their weapons probably aren't equal if they're the same gearscore. It is an opinion of mine based on a perception regarding the server that I think many would agree with. Getting gearscore (not necessarily effective stats) as dual wield is much easier than 2h.

I mean you can keep trying to attack my character all you want, I'm actually in the top 15 gearscore on the server and have more hostile factions kills than you... I've been playing the server without a break since ohh... January 2018? I would say I know what high gearscore pvp is like, being a guild leader in one of the player nations.

If you didn't know, the equip effect on t7 greatsword (extra charge range) also doesn't work on this server, and the admins said they aren't fixing it or don't know how. Keepo probably decided to buy my erenor longspear because he wanted to use a longspear, not necessarily because of erenor. I'm sure he will enjoy the erenor aspect of it, he could sell it later on at some point. I'd be surprised if he fed it to legendary though, with the weapon being at 1% xp last I checked? Legendary obsidian longspears also don't really exist on this server unless you are lucky or regrade it yourself.

At this point I'm not really sure what the argument is about anymore partner, but I think it's clear that we don't agree. Maybe more discussion can be had when more opinions have been added to the thread, but otherwise, I feel that this talk has really derailed from where it started.
Clearly just arguing for the sake of argument. Like I said, your opinion no longer matters to me lol. What's your toons name in game?

Clearly just arguing for the sake of argument. Like I said, your opinion no longer matters to me lol. What's your toons name in game?
guess who =]

0c72354449b0ab11703d53b67eeba637.png

So I used to also think that dw did more damage when you fill crit gemmed everything. One day I decided to do my own math to find out if I was correct, only to find that 2h actually had the higher damage numbers if you compare same weapon same grade.

The advantage of dual wield comes from attack speed. Attack speed makes your gcds much shorter, so you are able to get skills off much faster in a shorter time period. Obviously there’s other things such as parrying ranged attacks and being able to swap to shield but the main focus is the attack speed. Overall, 2h will have the higher burst damage, but dw will win the sustained dps race

guess who =]

0c72354449b0ab11703d53b67eeba637.png
If you're Joey, then I understand entirely why you're voting so strongly against my suggestion. You just don't like me lmao.

I like your sentence in the screenshot though with the little winky face. Almost as if you're making it clear to the admins that you don't want this change and they'll probably listen to you because of the level of P2W. If that's the way it is, then so be it. Even if it does become worse than dual wield, I'll still be the victor between us <3 GLHF.

Edit: Okay I didn't see your name through the transparent window before. COWBOY. Same difference. Same result lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back