What's new

Launch Error

Anothrthng

For the last hour I have been unable to get into the game because it says 'launch error' after I click on the play button. I played last night with no issues. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

Many ppl are having this issue myself included. I was in game playing when my client closed, no crash, just closed. upon opening the launcher I encountered this error. I have also followed the steps in the Launcher Error thread in Client Issues forum to see if that would resolve it in a last ditch effort to resolve. Something on AR side by the look of it.

I tried following all of the instructions to allow the app through my antivirus. I even tried disabling the antivirus and it still gave the same error. I fully uninstalled the game and I'm going to try re-installing. See what happens

Last edited:
Same problem here... :(

Ooopsie, I found my antivirus ( Windows virus and threat protection) had deleted the archeage.exe in the bin folder, it put it in quarantine, I right clicked it and clicked restore...works now :)

Last edited:
Glad you got it working Trixey. Mine is no longer giving a 'launch error' but instead is now just crashing before it even loads... still working on it but getting increasingly frustrated. :(

Launch Error occurs in case your anti-virus intrudes the game files, remove them or add to quarantine. Game is missing files and stops launching.​
Even if you have anti-virus off, then windows defender can be scanning files and intruding.​
Why anti-virus or windows defender removes the files? No, there are no trojans in there but as we are not the official server, our files have no officially signed certificate, due to it some antiviruses can react in such a way. You don't need to worry and can add files to the exceptions.​
Why it happened to some of you just now? Could be the av update or windows defender update. That happens to some players from time to time and we have no way to control it or resolve it on our side due to explained above reasons.​
How to avoid it? Add files to the exceptions or, if they are already there, remove and re-add them again, make sure all of the required files are added to the exceptions and after it start launcher and do a Repair for the missing files to upload.​
The files that should be added to the exceptions are the following:
- game folder​
- launcher.exe​
- archeage.exe​
AV exceptions.png

For more details check this guide: https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/launcher-launch-error.9034/

Launch Error occurs in case your anti-virus intrudes the game files, remove them or add to quarantine. Game is missing files and stops launching.​
Even if you have anti-virus off, then windows defender can be scanning files and intruding.​

Why anti-virus or windows defender removes the files? No, there are no trojans in there but as we are not the official server, our files have no officially signed certificate, due to it some antiviruses can react in such a way. You don't need to worry and can add files to the exceptions.​
Why it happened to some of you just now? Could be the av update or windows defender update. That happens to some players from time to time and we have no way to control it or resolve it on our side due to explained above reasons.​
How to avoid it? Add files to the exceptions or, if they are already there, remove and re-add them again, make sure all of the required files are added to the exceptions and after it start launcher and do a Repair for the missing files to upload.​

The files that should be added to the exceptions are the following:
- game folder​
- launcher.exe​
- archeage.exe​
View attachment 8779

For more details check this guide: https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/launcher-launch-error.9034/

Thank you for the response!! I will try again this evening.

Ended up removing windows defender and putting in a different one. Back in the game again!! Thanks to everyone who helped!

Back