What's new

Suggestions

I would actually be interested in seeing this for the reason stated by Walrus, people would know who to avoid.

When your hauler is loaded with packs and you see a green coming close, there's no use checking his stats..You get purpled or you don't lol.. :3

It doesn't need to be done. End of story.
The whole point of the Sequoia tree being special is that you had to go out of your way and make time to get the saplings from the WILD in specific regions that the Sequoia trees are native to. It's literally special.

If you add to the vendor it defeats the whole purpose of having this GIANT tree to flex on your neighbours that you are keeping alive permanently.

In contrast, though other WILD saplings and plants that were added to the vendors were added because they gave materials that were important to crafting gear.
e.g. Chestnuts, Beechnuts etc.

That change makes sense since it was super annoying to camp the wild nodes for those....

But Sequioa? Purely visual. The rarity is what makes it special.

Considering most if not all of the other plants/trees that used to be wild only are now in the shop.. Why not Sequoia too? ?

Is there any chance at all of this time limited Adventurer's costume ever becoming a basic cosmetic costume? I love the look of it, it doesn't have the ruffled collar that gets in the way of my character's hair, but it's only temporary.

Is there any chance of making it a permanent image only costume? View attachment 8702

I had posted this on another thread, and included a poll, before I found this thread.
Replied in the separate thread you created regarding it.

I am posting this here to build upon my previous posts related to PvP and PvE players and options for them available in game.

Let me preface this post by saying that I do not know the limitations of how much you can customize this game for your servers, some or all of what I am about to describe may not even be possible. But this is just an example, even if nothing like this is possible, maybe it will provide some inspiration on how to encourage players to want to engage in the other play styles, even if normally they would have no interest in that sort of play, by means of inspiration and reward, rather than limiting/tailoring the in game options to force them into it.

For this posts example, I will be using mechanics used by one of my all time favorite games, who I felt did PvP INCREDIBLY right, and I will be putting them into ArcheRage terms. Again this is an example, but the overall ideas might be of some sort of benefit for brainstorming at the very least.

Setting the Stage:
Let's say that you are able to add a new dungeon... (if not maybe you are able to modify an existing one?) This new (or modified) dungeon, consists of bosses that drop high end crafting components, high end regrade components, costumes and plans for things that are normally very gilda expensive or available only in the cash shop, the current cash shop chests with chances for costumes/mounts/regrade mats etc etc... just examples, but you get the point... We will call this dungeon... DungeonMart!

Now, lets say that you can add a small fortified area to each of the PvP zones, every single one of them... build it out of the current castle components but more along the lines of a "keep" in size. Make these "keeps" able to be controlled by a guild in similar fashion to the current castles in Auroria, but not on a set raid schedule, make them always open to attack. In each of them, place an end-game raid boss level mob that aligns to the current owners faction. This will be the "Keep Boss". Bonus: spawn in high dungeon level mobs to patrol the area inside the keep walls, also aligned to the current owners faction.

The Mechanics:

Normal PvP Zones:

Player guilds can take ownership of these keeps, by killing the current "Keep Boss". Each of these Keeps in the various PvP zones, has a specific buff tied to it. 20% more reward for pack turn-ins, 20% to all exp gained, 10% loot drop chance, 20% increased harvest yield, 25% reduced growth time, 250 focus buff etc etc... or if it would be better maybe they all had the same minor buff to multiple things, but stacked cumulatively based on how many your faction controlled... again you get the point. (just examples, not thought out for balance or anything lol)

Whoever controls the keep in a given zone... their ENTIRE faction, gets that keeps buff for as long as a guild from that faction controls the keep... (in this example, giving the buff to the entire faction is paramount as it ensures that players of all play styles will have some meat in the game and a reason to want to participate)

Possible Extra Mechanic:
The level of the mobs and "Keep Boss" can be boosted (or maybe just given strong buffs) by turning in packs (trade packs, material packs or both... just an example, we are tying both PvP and PvE players to roles of import and promoting cross style participation) at the keep. Any player from the owning faction can turn these packs in.

Auroria:
Whichever faction controls the most castles in Auroria... that faction has EXCLUSIVE access to DungeonMart! (only members of the faction controlling the majority of the castles can enter it)

One final mechanic... whenever any mob from the above keeps, comes under attack by members of the non-controlling factions... an alert is broadcast to each of the major/capitol cities of the faction that currently controls the keep. (don't need to worry about the other zones... word will spread... and fast!)

The Result:
For this I will let you use your imagination... but just think about what would happen, if you told a bunch of farmer players, that they were about to lose their 20% harvest yield buff because the other side was attacking the keep in Hasla. Or tell a bunch of players who primarily AoE farm mobs or run dungeons that they were about to lose their 10% loot drop chance buff because the Halcyona keep was under attack... What would the castle sieges be like if every player regardless of play style, knew that they risked losing access (or gaining it) to DungeonMart! and those oh so precious regrade mats, high end gilda designs and rare item shop drops etc, if there were not enough defenders at their current castles, or not enough attackers hitting the enemies castles

You wont have to limit any of the PvE content to PvP mechanics, you wont have a need to take out options from one side or the other to "nudge" more players into that part of the game, you will have never seen so many pitchforks and shovels being waved around and swung in Hasla, as you will on that day! You might even see hardcore PvPers running packs to keeps and such... :D

And again, this is just an example, (I know full well the insane amount of work it would take to implement something like I described!) this type of... thought process, could take many forms, I'm just giving a detailed example for visualization. The main point is, don't limit options for either type of player, the more options overall, the more attractive the game is to everyone. Give them reasons to WANT to participate in the other play style, give them something to gain, or defend that has high impactful meaning to their chosen style of play. The risk of losing (or gaining) that (if its desirable enough), will get their blood boiling! (or their donkeys moving! :p)

Last edited:
Considering most if not all of the other plants/trees that used to be wild only are now in the shop.. Why not Sequoia too? ?

To be honest I just don't want to cheapen the effort my friend and I put into acquiring ... many of those saplings shall we say ;)

Otherwise other than the emotion and sentiment I put into my previous post there is no real reason to NOT emulate the other wild saplings/plants and put them in the Seed and Sapling shop xD

Let us see friendly faction kills.

When we mouse over our character, we can see hostile faction kills and PvP honor. I want to see friendly faction kills here as well.
I can see how this would be a problem, epeen status reward for griefing. On the other hand, it would be informative to new players to know who the asshats are on the server.

By the time you are able to click/target someone (ie they are in render/target range) and hover their health bar to see their GS/Hostile Faction Kills/PvP honor/and then Friendly Faction Kills that you want added... it is already too late for you to save your packs if you are going to be attacked anyways. That's a given considering how fast combat can happen in this game and the amount of gap-closing abilities there are...
SO yes you'll be able to erm... see that someone coming at you is a notorious purpler by the time they are already on you and you should be fighting rather than looking at a stat window... erm :DDDDD

By the time you are able to click/target someone (ie they are in render/target range) and hover their health bar to see their GS/Hostile Faction Kills/PvP honor/and then Friendly Faction Kills that you want added... it is already too late for you to save your packs if you are going to be attacked anyways. That's a given considering how fast combat can happen in this game and the amount of gap-closing abilities there are...
SO yes you'll be able to erm... see that someone coming at you is a notorious purpler by the time they are already on you and you should be fighting rather than looking at a stat window... erm :DDDDD
I don't think anyone has time to look at a nameplate let alone the stats when a memerunner pops out of stealth. Maybe not so much if you run the FOV zoom out at max, but still. The suggestion was more for people hanging/camping around conflict areas, namely to better gauge their intentions from their friendly kill-count. Like if I see a guy waiting at the docks with a 200+ friendly kill count I know he's not there to afk fish or jump reds. But really, guild nameplates are currently the only way to gauge intentions atm.

Gotta wait for the marketplace rotation, they don't add it on request. I'm sure it will be back!

I'm sure, too, but I'd hope to not die of old age by the time the "rotation" for it comes back around. :p It was last in the shop in June/July 2018... Can an admin give an ETA or is there a general list on the item cycle/rotation timeframe? @Sparkle <3

Don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I would like to suggest making the Elite and Farmers merchant cushions follow the access of the house they are in (if can)... would be really nice if the people I share stuff with could open the merchants when im not online lol

Can the impatiens seed (ID - 41978) be added to be used with this item, as it is supposed to according to the description?
-> "one local community center seed" / all are listed except for impatiens.

1570098209394.png

1570098226600.png

I'm sure, too, but I'd hope to not die of old age by the time the "rotation" for it comes back around. :p It was last in the shop in June/July 2018... Can an admin give an ETA or is there a general list on the item cycle/rotation timeframe? @Sparkle <3
Can't give you the list ? But as for the Nocturne Griffin, we'll add it to the loyalty shop soon, approx 1-2 months.

Don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I would like to suggest making the Elite and Farmers merchant cushions follow the access of the house they are in (if can)... would be really nice if the people I share stuff with could open the merchants when im not online lol
This is being considered.

Can the impatiens seed (ID - 41978) be added to be used with this item, as it is supposed to according to the description?
-> "one local community center seed" / all are listed except for impatiens.

View attachment 8777

View attachment 8778
We'll not be able to make any further changes until 4.0 release, but will make sure to look into it after the one.

Can we get trees plants to purchase somehow as decorations ? To not replant stuff over and over if someone want decor their farms with plants for example

Can we get trees plants to purchase somehow as decorations ? To not replant stuff over and over if someone want decor their farms with plants for example

I would like this. Someone also mentioned how cool it would be to have a thunderstruck tree decoration, and I wholeheartedly agree. Staying tuned!

Sounds interesting, we'll think on implementing it in 4.0. You can create a separate thread regarding it so others could discuss as well.
What we'll need to know is what trees players are interested to see as decor and the size of the tree for decor.
There are 3 sizes in total possible: small (when just planted); medium (when it's still growing); large (final size, when tree completely grew).

I say just increase every plants / trees lifetime before they expire and give us the ability to water them at grown stage to reset the timer.

Suggestion 1: Completely remove the direct download option. Torrent only.

Alt Suggestion 1: Remove the torrent version and have the direct download option be just the patcher with download and install functionality.

Suggestion 2: Bring more attention on the download page to "Turn off your antivirus and/or Windows Defender before starting install" and include the instruction on the download page to add the exceptions/exclusions for ArcheRage prior to reactivating the antivirus and/or Windows Defender.

I say just increase every plants / trees lifetime before they expire and give us the ability to water them at grown stage to reset the timer.
Not the same. You can already extend duration with trimming, but they're just decor, you don't want upkeep. It would be like admins adding a dusting feature "now you gotta go clean your houses decor or its vanishes".

Decor plants/trees is a great idea (i've read some people saying they enjoyed those greenhouses that came in boxes), if its easy to do, go ahead and do it sparkle.

Back