What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to suggest that you do not waste the hard time put into Mistsong Summit gear. Would also like to suggest that you leave the skill system the way it currently is. XL had a bad habit of making your hard work obsolete. The XL Hiram system requires you to put about 5k labor every day into the gear. IDK what kind of effect that will have on your version of the game but it is very extreme. It would be a good thing if you didn't remove Obsidian gear.
You are confusing 4.0 with 4.5 there

I think an overdue thing that really needs to be added is a welcome mail, or some kind of welcome message anyway, for new characters that lets new people know they can't use labor until level 52 except for bait fishing, also some other information would be welcome, basic stuff about the version of the game, the existence of custom updates etc.

as it is now, I see many new people daily confused about not being able to complete quests etc. because of this limitation and the confusion helps nobody

another thing I feel that needs to be adressed is sport fishing, I've done quite some of it recently to get the feel for it, also talked to some other people about it's viability compared to other options for making gold, and I think the labor used and gold value of fish should be increased by half at least, maybe up to 2.5x to make fishing worthwile, as it is now, it takes too much time to really be a viable option, and I only ever see people fish during the fishing days, just to complete the daily quest and be done with it, even tho most people own a fishing ship be it moby drake from boxes or the free albatroz from treasure hunt event

another route, to make fishing more acessible for newer people would be to increase damage on fish by about 30% to speed up the process, but I feel that would mess up fishing at high profficiency
and before someone says it, I use fishing costume, so no, using one doesn't really make it viable, also I am pretty good at fishing, used to do it for gold most of the time back on live 2.7 when it still was viable

if you can alter the amount of gold and labor on fishing in weekly updates, it would be perfect way to finetune the right multiplier to make fishing worthwile while not making it too much of a bounty for pirates to kill fishing and make it an exclusive way of earning money for highest gear, which wouldn't help the new population we need to attract to the server

I think an overdue thing that really needs to be added is a welcome mail, or some kind of welcome message anyway, for new characters that lets new people know they can't use labor until level 52 except for bait fishing, also some other information would be welcome, basic stuff about the version of the game, the existence of custom updates etc.
I can't count how many new people to the server I've attempted to help with the very basic information they need for this server. I believe this would be appropriate solution. Maybe put it in the marketplace mail system since in the regular mail system players can just delete the message without opening it.
another thing I feel that needs to be adressed is sport fishing, I've done quite some of it recently to get the feel for it, also talked to some other people about it's viability compared to other options for making gold, and I think the labor used and gold value of fish should be increased by half at least, maybe up to 2.5x to make fishing worthwile, as it is now, it takes too much time to really be a viable option, and I only ever see people fish during the fishing days, just to complete the daily quest and be done with it, even tho most people own a fishing ship be it moby drake from boxes or the free albatroz from treasure hunt event

if you can alter the amount of gold and labor on fishing in weekly updates, it would be perfect way to finetune the right multiplier to make fishing worthwile while not making it too much of a bounty for pirates to kill fishing and make it an exclusive way of earning money for highest gear, which wouldn't help the new population we need to attract to the server
I quite enjoy fishing in this game, but as Beerus has stated, it's just not viable. The risk of getting pirated is too high for the lousy chump change you get at the high cost of the labor and later the red lures. My average fry sized fish yields around 8g. 8g for 100 labor is horrible, especially for people just getting started. You can easily plant a bunch of plants and get a net yield over twice that for the same labor cost. It's not possible to consistently catch a medium sized fish until you hit at least 40k. In the mean time, you could have just used the 30-day cart to haul three packs worth ~12g each in the time a fish frenzy is up. All without the risk of losing your gold. Freshwater sports fishing is only useful to learn the basics of sport fishing. Not to mention if you aren't using a fishing boat, it's almost worthless to even to attempt to salt water fish as the chances of even finding a spot are close to nil. Fishing boats cost well over 1.8k to make at the current market value. That would take roughly 225 fish to even pay off the boat, minimum. This doesn't include the cost of lures, getting chopped fish, and the rods themselves.

The facts are these:
  • Unless you bait fish to the higher levels so you can go immediately into catching medium and gargantuan fish, sport fishing isn't viable as a source of revenue at the current fish values for anybody.
  • Chances of getting pirated are way high as plenty of people search the seas for PVP. Having a fishing rod makes you defenseless, and switching back to weapons guarantees that you will not be able to catch your hooked fish since you receive a debuff causing you to not be able to use the sport fishing abilities for 30 seconds after re-equipping the rod.
  • You can only carry 6 fish max with your own boat until you can start catching gargantuan fish, and a hauler is really not that much more expensive to make than a boat and can make you gold at a better gold rate and with 7 packs per trip.
  • Nobody wants to stand around and guard your boat from a threat that will likely come and take all the potential earnings. Especially since the potential earning aren't even really worth their time to protect.
Buffing the value of ALL sports fish and balancing the labor cost would be the fix in my eyes. Maybe 1.25x flat for freshwater fish to cover the basic costs of lures (since beginners usually don't catch their first fish unless someone has instructed them that it's literally Simon Says with buffs and actions) and 1.75x for saltwater fry fish, 1.5x for medium fish, and 1.25x for gargantuan fish. (As I was typing this out, I realized a gargantuan sailfish and marlin at almost 2x could be valued at 60g+, which put every non-event packs to nil in value. Some scaling would be needed rather than a flat rate increase.) That way the risk is worth the reward. You might be able to pay someone to guard your boat if you promise them a fish or two. In regards to balancing the labor cost, currently if you steal a fish, you get 100% value of the fish for 0 labor. Maybe making the base cost of snagging a sports fish 80 or 70 labor and giving the action of turning in/stuffing a fish 20 or 30 labor respectively. That would make it less punishing to the people fishing if they lose their fish. They already lost the gold, the lure(s), and most likely their boat.

Also, one last thing. Sport puffer fish. They are absolute garbage as they currently are. Most people I know just let them go. It's not worth the time to catch them unless they are a gargantuan. If you do not make any other changes, please at least consider buffing this trash sports fish by a minimum of 50 silver for the fry packs, 1g for the medium packs, and 1.5g for gargantuan packs. This way if you decide to not release the puffer fish, the cost of a red lure is recovered so you aren't making 5.5g net at the lowest turn in possible.

I just want to bring up making friendly faction kills visible when you mouse over your health bar. I don't want that suggestion to get buried.

I just want to bring up making friendly faction kills visible when you mouse over your health bar. I don't want that suggestion to get buried.
I agree with this. Since it's listed as "Hostile Faction Kills", then maybe we can just add another row for "Same Faction Kills" or something. Or just add them both together.

This will help players identify who is PKing. Especially in guilds where they are against it. You can't lie if the numbers show.

The skill adjustments in 4.0 are more than just ancestral skills.
This is the full list
Skills

General
  • Invincibility and No Push Back states have priority over other skill effects. The push effect of the Berserk Red Dragon Eyesplitter has been maintained.
  • Adjusted the cooldown of ship basic skills: Forewind, Gale, and Quick Turn. Each cooldown is reduced to 1 minute.
  • Improved the UI effects when gaining or consuming Abyssal Charges.
  • Ranged Attack's damage based on distance is now calculated based on the UI distance, not distance to a target.
  • Fixed an issue where Crimson Envoy's set effect would not reset Redoubt and Spell Shield.
  • Fixed an issue where Distorted Chanter's set effect would not reset Healing Hymn.
  • Fixed an issue where Auroria Promise Jerkin's combo effect would not be triggered.
  • Fixed an issue where Healing Power based skills (EX: Antithesis) couldn't penetrate Magic Defense shields (EX: Mystic Ward.)
  • Fixed an issue where casted skills and channeled skills could be maintained after Petrification.
  • Fixed an issue where Petrification could be canceled by Bubble Trap or Fear.
  • Fixed an issue where Lasso would not apply Taunt.
  • Fixed an issue where players could Evade/Shield Block/Parry Concussive Arrow in specific situations.
  • Fixed an issue where Flame Concussive Arrow's AOE damage wouldn't be dealt after Drop Back.
  • Adjusted the height and acceleration calculation for the following skills: Charge, Behind Enemy Lines, Tiger Strike, Lasso, Overwhelm, Drop Back, Mist Concussive Arrow, Dahuta's Breath, Cruel Binding, Seizing Shove, Vicious Implosion, Abyssal Wave, Crushing Grasp, Meteor Strike

Battlerage
  • Improved the effects on Soulbound Blades.

Auramancy
  • Inspire: Attack Speed Boost reduced from 53 to 42.

Occultism
  • Improved the effects on Crippling Mire.

Shadowplay
  • Bloodthirst stacking with Shadowsmite: Applies to stealth combo effect, added to bonus attack when attacking from behind.

Ancestral Skills

Battlerage
  • Lightning Triple Slash: Reduced attack damage from 130%/130%/160% of melee attack to 110%/110%/140% of melee attack. Third attack's global cooldown duration has been increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.6 seconds.
  • Lightning Tiger Strike: Now measures the distance between caster and target per attack. Global cooldown duration has been increased from 1 second to 1.2 seconds.

Auramancy
  • Flame Protective Wings: Skill has been overhauled. Now grants Flame Protective Wings to all targets within 15m for the duration. This effect reflects 20% of incoming Magic Damage, but target also receives 20% of incoming Magic Damage.

Occultism
  • Wave Hell Spears: Effect range reduced from 15m to 12m

Sorcery
  • Wave Meteor Strike: Damage formula changed from 264 + 500% of Magic Attack to 1440 + 250% of Magic Attack.

Songcraft
  • Stone Healing Hymn: Effect range reduced from 30m to 20m.
  • Stone Alarm Call: Skill duration reduced from 9 seconds to 8 seconds, range reduced from 9m to 8m, and added a chance to wake up from Sleep every 3 seconds.
If nothing is changed or decided then these changes will go through as the way updates are done is in this manor.
We have the full versions base with everything about it.
Previous custom changes are applied to the patch.
Custom changes decided on for the patch are added.
Update goes live

As for Dr's having the same amount of Hp that is because DR players take the ranged rogue buff. Has nothing to do with the class of a DR. Only that ranged rogue is the preferred/best choice for that class to pick. Which would mean reworking the buff to not have Dr's want to pick it.
However, 4.0 changes the way arena sets are given. Instead you chose your weapon type and armour type so it is not something that I can confirm what will happen as it is something to be discussed closer to release.

Can we reduce the damage of lightning tiger strike as well? It is ridiculous that in every patch until late 5.0 battlerage remains the supreme powerhouse damage tree, either forcing players to become plate tanks or become darkrunners themselves.

It is bad enough the servers built in lag mechanics work in favor of battlerage (seriously, play right next to someone, walk around in front of them, and observe the lag on the other screen between you moving and them seeing you move), but they also have the most ridiculous damage scaling, and supreme buffs like battlefrenzy. Why is sorcery constantly getting the shaft in this game, but battlerage isn't rebalanced? The darkrunner population on this server is like 100:1. Everyone knows it is broken, but nothing is done to address it.

To make this server truly unique and stand out, how about addressing the severe skill imbalances?

Can we reduce the damage of lightning tiger strike as well? It is ridiculous that in every patch until late 5.0 battlerage remains the supreme powerhouse damage tree, either forcing players to become plate tanks or become darkrunners themselves.

this
battlerage got too much dmg with cc built in into damage skills, unlike mages who have cc and dmg separate and break their cc with dmg, and is already overpowered as is, it could use solid nerf instead of more and more slight buffs, the fact that DR's are considered to be roughly as strong as someone 1k gearscore above them is prime example of this

I quite enjoy fishing in this game, but as Beerus has stated, it's just not viable. The risk of getting pirated is too high for the lousy chump change you get at the high cost of the labor and later the red lures. My average fry sized fish yields around 8g. 8g for 100 labor is horrible, especially for people just getting started. You can easily plant a bunch of plants and get a net yield over twice that for the same labor cost. It's not possible to consistently catch a medium sized fish until you hit at least 40k. In the mean time, you could have just used the 30-day cart to haul three packs worth ~12g each in the time a fish frenzy is up. All without the risk of losing your gold. Freshwater sports fishing is only useful to learn the basics of sport fishing. Not to mention if you aren't using a fishing boat, it's almost worthless to even to attempt to salt water fish as the chances of even finding a spot are close to nil. Fishing boats cost well over 1.8k to make at the current market value. That would take roughly 225 fish to even pay off the boat, minimum. This doesn't include the cost of lures, getting chopped fish, and the rods themselves.

I kinda feel like Draeoni focused only on low level fishing which might raise "but at high profficiency" response, so I'll adress it inb4

at higher profficiency fishing still isn't viable, not as much because of the value of fish, but because of the time it takes to catch the fish, let alone the time to find school of fish and to deliver them, unless you can play 20h a day and even then, fishing just takes way too much time to earn gold

this is rather hard problem to tackle, as if you raise the value of fish too much it would just turn into freefarm for pirates, so I have another suggestion

this might sound dumb at first but bear with me, I gave it a though, jacking up the price of fish and labor consumed by 3, 4 or even 5 times, but adding the same mechanic as trade packs have, the fisher get's 40-50% on delivery (remember it's high labor cost to fish and no cost to turn in, unlike the packs, so the "crafter cut" has to be higher too) making sure that the risk of fishing at such high values is not too much to bother with
this would rapidly increase the labor consuption while fishing to about 600-1000 labor per 30 minutes (taking into consideration the option to pass on pufferfishes or gargs) which would more match other gold making methods (coinpurses, merch runs, harvesting stuff) while adressing the issue of way too much risk (the fisher is in huge disadvantage compared to other pvpish methods like trade running, blazing logs *if they were viable* etc.)

also making the labor slightly cheaper would offset the need to let go some fish, as I mentioned u sometimes need to let go of a garg to be able to fill your boat (honestly, quite often I catch 3 gargs before my fish tank is half full which kinda sucks)

another thing is growlgate and freedich fishing hook, it's not really fair that only pirates can deliver at growlgate, fishers would already take a big risk trying to deliver there, so there is no point having a pair of guard grade NPC's there instantly killing anyone who gets close enough to the fishing hook to deliver, maybe move them few meters further from hook, and freedich fishing hook being in the middle of the island is borderline useless as you can't load fish into a hauler to deliver, and donkeying the fish one by one from beach is just a dumb way to get your boat stolen/destroyed

last thing isn't as much about the patch but in general, adressing credit boxes and the crafting materials they contain, currently we a pretty undesirable rabbit box (I've been watching the amount of rabbit being sold and actually sold) with fine lunarites in, while one of the previous, very desirable boxes had superior lunarites in, which creates huge gap in supply and demand crashing the prices of superiors to ground while jacking up fines sky high, it would be good if someone took time to put though into how desirable the box is and how the materials it contains will affect the market and adjusted accordingly, maybe put more stuff like mornstones or serendipities in undesirable boxes to balance them out to get ppl to actually buy em and get the materials on market if other boxes threw off the balance on market recently

also put way less or no regrade scroll crafting materials into boxes to revive braziers and boost the amount of archeum in archeum trees to revive those, it's sad that one of the big pvp incentives, fighting over water and logs, was killed by credit boxes

i didn't saw any info about if the timer on trade packs in this server will be removed
INFO PLS it will determine to stay or leave for many people

the timers that determinate the value of the pack , like the ones on the cargo packs
Timer is added with a new cargo system in 3.5. That is not a custom update. If you prefer to run packs with no timer, use pre-3.5 system that we kept in game as an alternative as well.
As 4.0 is no longer in development, this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back