What's new

Launcher Updating but closes before 300 mb

Rampyke

Hi, regarding the new update, am experiencing launcher closing before getting the update completed. the when I launch again it starts from 0mb, any ideas?

Hi, regarding the new update, am experiencing launcher closing before getting the update completed. the when I launch again it starts from 0mb, any ideas?
It starts again because it hasn't added whatever it downloaded to the game yet. Those are stored temporarily.

As for your launcher it should never close automatically. For it to close means you're closing it, your av is closing it or its crashing

though tenacity, iv'e tried and try, deleted temp folder, disabled AVG, rebooted, even copied the downloaded files from the tmp & bin into the work bin folder. got it to download the 390++mb then It froze at "saving file" waited a couple hours, auto closed. relaunched aargh. downloading from scratch. now, may just download the ENTIRE thing o_O

I have a similar problem, usually the launcher closes suddenly at about 80% of the downloaded file (of this 389 MB), sometimes it downloads completely but then hangs. After killing the process, everything is over and over again.

during suspension on the list of processes shows the CPU usage at the level of 1-2% but only for about a second every few seconds.

Devs reduced the update size just now, as previously at 4.5 release they mistakenly added Chinese, German and Russian images to the update. Due to it the update size should now be much smaller than 300 MB.
You need to restart the launcher now, so it would be correctly updated for you.

After downloading the files, the launcher seems to freeze.
Updat ArcheRage.jpg

After trying to close the launcher, only the inscription changes (on Dismount client data ...) but after a few minutes nothing changes. I think the luncher does nothing (for some reason it stutters)

Updat ArcheRage1.jpg

The launcher won't be frozen. You just cannot see it progress.
What has likely happened is your anti-virus's real time protection has isolated the game_pak file in order to scan it. But because these RTP systems try to not consume resources they do it in the background and with a near 40gb file this can take some time.

1. How long should the update installation take, approximately of course (i7 HDD)?

2. Avast disabled also has an exception set for the game directory, behavior unchanged. Luncher dowlanded 144MB data, he worked for about 20 minutes (Save client data ...) with no visible effects, steel working.... :(

The launcher has no visible effect to show its progress.
I7 will mean nothing. there are many different I7 cpu's but won't affect this anyway.

The game being installed on a HDD and not an SSD will.
Disabling Avast will make windows defender engage in its place. So you'll need to put exclusions in there too if you're disabling avast

I downloaded the entire game on a brand new unit, it updated fine but now it has a different issue. Splash screen turns off. Tried to reboot. same thing. Now updating drivers see where that goes.

I have set an exception in avast, moreover, it has always worked (updates) without any additional settings (in addition, avast turned off), I have never had such problems for this update.
The luncher easily downloads 144.1 MB of data and then does nothing (at least it looks like it, it worked for several hours without any effect). Windows did not give any messages (I have set that if I do not have permissions granted and I need windows, windows asks what to do).

Maybe while updating lancher caught some error and is not working properly?
is it possible to download the lancher itself again?

Other than not giving the launcher admin permission I don't have another reason to why the update can fail.

The last 2 options would be delete the client.version file. (This will cause the game to reinstal entirely most likely)
Or reinstalling the game by redownloading and removing the old install

I made the first option (deleting the client.version file), as expected, the launcher started downloading all of the game files (less than 20GB). However, at the first start, it suddenly closed (after exceeding 1GB of data) without any message, after restarting it downloaded about 2 GB and closed. The third time I turned on the recording and after downloading 440 Mb of data it closed.

The luncher does not work correctly, regardless of whether it is running as administrator or as a normal user. (avast disabled)

I see two possibilities:
1. I have a damaged luncher or it is not working properly
2. the last update of windows 10 is to blame
for any reason, even though I think that it will look quite good at computer technologies (I have more than average skills and IT education in systems management), there is no reason for Luncher's bad work. My nose suggests, however, is Luncher's fault.

He proceeds to check the last option, delete the game and reinstall from newly downloaded files.

Due to being under community lock down, we're advised to refrain from downloading large files and streaming to give way to people on SocMed. (social media) hence not able to reinstall. In lieu of a full install can I just replace the launcher exe?

HI, Yes did once it downloaded about 19GB, Launcher loaded and ran. I got to the Splash screen poem but it closed during the 3rd word. need help.
Any ideas?

Back