What's new

Launcher says play, after being clicked does nothing for about 30 seconds and closes

I have just uninstalled it completely and reinstalled "as admin", redone all steps "as admin", and launched game "as admin" and it still does exactly the same.

I really want to play this gamer and I just can't understand why it wouldn't be working, and why there is no C:\ArcheRage\Documents.

I really want to play this gamer and I just can't understand why it wouldn't be working, and why there is no C:\ArcheRage\Documents.

Doesn't that folder only get created when you launch the game, which you have been unable to do as of yet?

You don't have the folder yet because the game doesn't get that far into generating it.

Tells us which of these 3 happens.
You press play. Launcher closes, no image appears on the desktop and there is no process in task manager
You press play. Launcher closes, no image appears on the desktop and there is a process in task manager for archeage.exe
You press play. Launcher closes, an image of a poem appears. It disappears before all the text can light up

None of those occur. I please play, above the play button it says the game is starting please wait, then about 30 seconds later it just closes and all process stop. See pictures.

Attachments

• Archerage.JPG
    Archerage.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 248
  • Archerage2.JPG
    Archerage2.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 236
So it does do of them. It does the first one.
This happens only when something is preventing the game from launcher or outright terminating the launcher process.
The things that cause it are not running the game as admin
Not setting anti virus exclusions correctly. (Post your exceptions list)
Fault within the installation. Give you've reinstalled multiple times we can rule that one out.

Did we ever find a solution to this problem cause its doing the same thing to me. Load up the client and press play. Splash poem shows up then nothing happens.

Did we ever find a solution to this problem cause its doing the same thing to me. Load up the client and press play. Splash poem shows up then nothing happens.
The splash poem crashes are different for each stage of the poem it reaches. So there is no 1 solution to everything.
I am going to assume for this case you're asking about a crash on the first line 3rd word in.
This occurs when the game can't allocate its virtual memory. Unfortunately this is not a simple thing to fix as to go through and fix the issue manually is too complex for the common user and will cause more problems for the person if a pc restart isn't enough to get it working.
Its for that reason the easiest way to resolve it is clearing off the game and reinstalling.

Back