What's new

Feedback/thoughts on 4.7 (not bugs)...

Zeirlynn

This thread is for general feedback, likes, dislikes, that sort of thing.
To report bugs, please go to this thread: https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/4-7-global-update-bugs.9734/

For reference, 4.7 patch notes are here: https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/archerage-4-7-global-update-custom-version-patch-notes.9726/

Just wondered what everyone's thoughts were now that we have had a couple days to see what 4.7 is like.

My two cents:

Improved the plant placing system. Plants can now be lined up easily via a grid system.
Very misleading. There is no grid, and there is no "snap-to" as described elsewhere. Being told it would automatically snap plants and such into a grid had me a might upset, if anyone saw those posts. However, the words "snap-to" and "grid" should have never been used to describe this feature. It simply solidifies the planting footprints so you can butt them against each other without overlapping. It's actually really great! Though i've already seen some people disappointed in it as they were also expecting a "snap-to" and a "grid", and didn't get it. I'm really happy with this after all. ?

All zones in the game are now classified with a trade prefix: Luxury, Fine, Commercial, and Preserved. Different prefixes denote how fast you may need to move a pack to a Trade Outlet in order to receive a bonus or maximum profit.

Trade Packs bonus system added with the new timers and zones classification is slightly changed. You can still receive high profit (additional bonus) if you turn in the pack within a short time after it’s crafted, but middle stage that neither provides high profit nor degrades profit rate is extended from 30 min - 1 hour to 3 days. Now players will have over 3 days to turn in the packs with 0% bonus rate (Preserved High Profit and Regular Profit stages) before it starts degrading.
This hurt. ? I was so confident these changes would not be made, yet here they are. The worst effect for me personally is that my littler alt can no longer craft her daily resident pack, set it on her little farm, and load them up on the 5th day to haul to the trader in her wagon. Now her first couple of trade packs will be expired before she has a full wagon load. I can imagine others who do the same or similar, waiting until they have 9 packs to haul in their freighters. That's no longer an option. Now it's easy to accidentally make the wrong pack too, or take the wrong ingredients to the workbench, since all the names are the same. I'm a bit shocked that this was actually changed, still trying to make some sense of it.

That's about as far as i've gotten so far. How about you guys?

Last edited:
The bonus to packs are nice because I feel with how many mats packs require(which was yet again increased in a way in 4.7) that we don't get enough gold for some of em. But the timers and penalty was something I did not want. And the change to mats for packs increased again. 200 dried flowers for one pack? It was 100 at 4.5 and the same price. Also gilda packs will now restrict what packs ppl may make and make the % of others worse.

The changes to normal packs was horrid, should've never gone through. WHole thread of people complaining about it pre-patch was ignored.

It didn't get completely ignored.. but they only fixed part of it. the extra days on the timer at least is an improvement. I agree though that the change to the types of packs, and the change to their mats shouldn't have been put through either, at least not in the original form.

I don't think the trade changes or the changes to the potion recipes should have gone through at all. A majority of the people in the pre-patch thread did not want those changes, but they put them in anyway. It's just annoying when they ask us for feedback and suggestions within reason, and don't listen to them it seems.

New fishing system is a little bit worst...
1. First of all, anyone who had Frozen fishin rod, now lost about 700-900g coz this item is not work anymore.
2. New fishing rod make much less dmg than old frozen fishing rod and also elastic fishing rod have longer time to catch fish than frozen. So it's nerf not buff at all.
Frozen dmg about 1750-1900 depends of buffs if i remember. The new one is about 1350 for elastic and about 1600 for that strong version. (230k prof +buffs)
3. New prices for fish is much much lower. By now we get about 30-35g by garg fish or so (of course sailfish is more expensive) but same fish before update was 45-55. Also the small or medium fish. It was about 25-30g each and now it's like 3.5 patch. With even 18g each or so.

So in my opinion, fishing is now not worth that risk (pirates), and time (a lot of time to find school of fish, and then longest fishing coz of nerf fishing rod).

1. First of all, anyone who had Frozen fishin rod, now lost about 700-900g coz this item is not work anymore.
2. New fishing rod make much less dmg than old frozen fishing rod and also elastic fishing rod have longer time to catch fish than frozen. So it's nerf not buff at all.
Frozen dmg about 1750-1900 depends of buffs if i remember. The new one is about 1350 for elastic and about 1600 for that strong version. (230k prof +buffs)
3. New prices for fish is much much lower. By now we get about 30-35g by garg fish or so (of course sailfish is more expensive) but same fish before update was 45-55. Also the small or medium fish. It was about 25-30g each and now it's like 3.5 patch. With even 18g each or so.
So in my opinion, fishing is now not worth that risk (pirates), and time (a lot of time to find school of fish, and then longest fishing coz of nerf fishing rod).
If you have 230k prof, it's impossible for you to get just 30-35g per gargantuan. Here is an example from another player with 230k prof from 4.7:
Gargantuan Blue Marlin.png

I also provided a detailed reply in another thread regarding sport fishing, but I'll post it here as well. It explains the changes, so should give you some better understanding about current sport fishing.

We completed the detailed analysis on the sport fishing changes and can tell you the following:
  • Our prof bonus we added as a custom change is still in place. If player has doubts in it, he can easily check it. How to do it: You catch a fish and check a pack cost with your prof, then you place it on the ground and your friend with a different prof level picks it up and checks the cost. You will see the difference then.
  • Basic cost of some fish indeed changed – it became 10-30% cheaper depending on the size and reduced HP it received with this patch. But, that is compensated by other factors as:
    • Fishing Rods are now permanent, not 30 days temp anymore. You buy it once and don’t spend gold on it again and again. So, you are saving here.
    • All skills now give damage.
    • The number of active fish spots increased significantly – almost twice more active spots now! What that means for a fisher: he can find a spot faster, so spending the same time for fishing daily, will now catch more fish!
So, mainly, with all these changes, it results into the same amount of gold (if not more) during the same amount of time spent.

Hi,
your point about damage really doesn't matter much. I do 1410 damage with the flexible rod, which makes it super easy still to catch fish, and the fast catching time really makes up for the slight decrease in damage, my boat filled up super fast.

Also, the frozen rod actually did about 1500 damage for me. Therefore I prefer catching fish fast with this system than the old system where the lures would run out 2-3 times in a row without any bite.

Also, I don't know how you lost 700-900g on a frozen fishing rod, they were in AH for like 400-450g and I actually sold the ones I crafted for 300-350.

I do agree that the new prices are disappointing tho, and I wish that the devs would consider a middle ground between current prices and old prices, as I posted in the thread that Sparkle mentioned in the post above mine.

Staying tuned.

U show Marlin price. It was always high. Im talking about cheaper fish like tuna or puffer. Now i get about 150g per road, when before i got about 100g more or so.
Of course it's still fast to catch fish, but we got nerf dmg, nerf time, and nerf gold. This is my point :/

U show Marlin price. It was always high. Im talking about cheaper fish like tuna or puffer. Now i get about 150g per road, when before i got about 100g more or so.
Of course it's still fast to catch fish, but we got nerf dmg, nerf time, and nerf gold. This is my point :/
Even if we take gargantuan tuna or puffer (the cheapest you can get from saltwater), that is 40+ gold, with your level of proficiency that you mentioned, not 30-35g as you said. With your proficiency, even if you fill your boat only with the cheapest possible (Tuna Fry pack), then it's still more than 150g you mentioned, but that is impossible to get 6-8 packs of the same worst fish one by one 8 times.
And you keep forgetting about the fact that there are almost twice more active spots now. So for same amount of time you can get much more packs as you need much less time to find a spot.

Mirage Isle Fishing Contest
This was a pretty nice change. I wonder if anyone missed the gathered community, where everyone was there all at once to chat and compare catches. Now people were spread out over the day. But allowing more people to participate is nice, and not having to keep track of how many lures i've used and run back to buy more was helpful. To be honest, getting 1st place in the 1st hour, knowing everyone had 11 more hours to beat me, made for a tense afternoon. ? But still i like this change overall. I still have not had time to do any regular sport fishing yet, but am watching what's being said about that here.

Changes to Trade Pack Ingredients
This was not cool. ? The drastic increase of the processed items has wiped out my inventory and caused me to scramble to grow more of the crops to process more. And the trimmed beef... ? I've gone from raising a few water buffalo a week to keep up with needs, to currently having a farm dedicated to raising them to try and catch up. This is with making the same number of packs, or slightly less, per day. I have not done any actual math here, this is perception only. But seems the additional amount of gold, labor, vocation badges (for the water buffalo), and time spent on trying to get enough processed ingredients for the packs more than negates the little timed bonuses. Any chance we might be able to catch a little break with these? Come back down a little on the processed ingredients, especially the trimmed meat?

I don't think the trade changes or the changes to the potion recipes should have gone through at all. A majority of the people in the pre-patch thread did not want those changes, but they put them in anyway. It's just annoying when they ask us for feedback and suggestions within reason, and don't listen to them it seems.
Just because the majority of the community here doesn't want a particular change doesn't necessarily mean the change shouldn't be implemented. Individual players simply don't have the same level of insight into how the server is operating and how things are going in comparison to the administration at a macro level. While I do understand it is important to gauge the opinions of your players when it comes to game development, if the players had a lot of control over where the server goes it would have been killed already.

The administration is likely reading a lot of these posts, so they are definitely listening... Keep in mind that "listening" is not the same as doing exactly what we tell them we want, it is simply taking what we have to say into account, and then making a decision on their own based on the information they've gathered from multiple sources (one of which being their playerbase).

I do somewhat agree that the admins could do a better job of providing detailed justifications as to why they didn't follow along with the player suggestions on updates to make us feel more heard though.

In 4.5 i could get near 90g for 37k marlins, 270kish prof
Sparkle has already covered that the overall value has decreased.
What they are saying is you cannot get 30-35g for one. They give much higher but less than previousl 90g

In 4.5 i could get near 90g for 37k marlins, 270kish prof

If you have been watching all the prices of your fish, you will have noticed that only the marlin has gone down in price the most, maybe the sailfish somewhat too. However, other fish such as the pufferfish have actually increased in worth.

This has to do with the system that fish prices are based on their sizes, and sizes now also directly relate to their position in the fish "rankings" so to speak.

So while pufferfish are the "worst fish", the smallest fish health is no longer 18k but 22k health approximately, explaining why they are worth more now than before. Then, the "best fish", the marlin, is now 33-34k health instead of 37k, so price went down on those.

Depending how many gargs you fish and what type, you can still get sort of close to 250-300g per boat.

I know it seems disappointing at first glance, but really, it is super nice to have consistent fishing now and then earn a little bit less on the marlins, rather than search for spots for ages, wait on a bite for ages, lose lures in the process, and then maybe fill 3 or 4 boats in the 2h of the mermaid buff/active fishing rod. Now I easily filled 5 boats with time to spare.

New Sport Fishing

Fished for a little while today. The amount of gold was alright i guess. I always fished for fun, not for profit, and never really paid close attention to how much gold it brought in. I don't care for the randomness of the fish though, not knowing if it's fry, regular, or gargantuan until you swim out and pick it up.

As mentioned elsewhere, not all the skills do damage for me either. I'm using the 'Expert's Sturdy Fishing Rod', about 120k fishing proficiency. Only the two reel-in skills are doing actual damage, others are just 1 damage as before.

So, are some of the fish capped at a smaller size now? Will some of the gargantuans never be as big as they were pre-4.7? I'm wondering as i have kept a list of my record sizes, and some of the gargantuans i cought today were significantly smaller than previous records.

P.S. Should have mentioned that i do love the new permanent fishing rods. Makes it nicer to help newer players get their first fishing rod and know they will still have it to use after a few days. ?

Last edited:
An additional note regarding packs: it seems the creation of cargos has gone down drastically. Are people doing less packs because the mats changed and the timer got added, maybe?

An additional note regarding packs: it seems the creation of cargos has gone down drastically. Are people doing less packs because the mats changed and the timer got added, maybe?

probably.. i even gutted some of the packs i do, due to increases of mats and gilda needed. Can we at least go back to easier packs..? tsk

The new rods bind on craft but new people can't craft them until 52. Can you guys make them wrapped and bind when opened? If not then at least allow them to be requested on board so someone can make for newbies.

Back