What's new

[Forum Event] If only... Your fictional story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
main1.png
Let's fantasize a bit!​
Write a small fictional story about ArcheRage and its inhabitants.​
Story should:
  • Have a title.​
  • Be within a limit of 1500-2500 characters.​
  • Have the following words in it: ArcheRage, if only.​
  • Include 1 screenshot from the game that would suit your story topic.​
And make sure to include your IGN, so we would know whom to reward!​
Story should NOT:
  • Be insulting.​
  • Include any profanity.​
  • Include any private information of other players (exception is possible, if player gave his permission).​
Rewards:
1st place - 3000 credits + «God of War» Glider
«God of War» Glider.jpg
2nd place - 2000 credits + Oathbreaker Plate
Oathbreaker Plate.png
3rd place - 1500 credits + Veroe Throne
Veroe Throne.jpg
4-6th place - 1000 credits​
Every event participant will be rewarded with a title "Storyteller"!
Title grants: Exploration +5000; Stamina +10.​
Last day of the event - July, 12th

What if you already have the title, will you receive another type of participation reward?

Edit: Well I do have a title like that, but the effects are different x)
1592919238816.png

What if you already have the title, will you receive another type of participation reward?

Edit: Well I do have a title like that, but the effects are different x)
View attachment 12334
If you scroll further in the titles list, you'll see a custom title there in the list with the same name but different stats. That's the one that is provided for the event. You can't have it as it was never provided on our NA server to any players.

If you scroll further in the titles list, you'll see a custom title there in the list with the same name but different stats. That's the one that is provided for the event. You can't have it as it was never provided on our NA server to any players.

Yes I already checked the title I have from the event in Lilyut*, guess I would be nice if the title name was different from the event one.

Yes I already checked the title I have from the event in Lilyut*, guess I would be nice if the title name was different from the event one.
That is not a new recently created title. It's there for quite long already but opportunity to receive it is added just now with this event. Title will not receive any changes.
If you have any additional questions, PM me. Let's leave this thread for the actual event works and keep unrelated posts at a minimum.

IGN: Aviendha

Characters: approximately 2000

~

Memoirs of a Bookworm

One day I happened upon an evenbard in Marianople, when I was passing through to fight in the Halcyona war. She informed me about the magnificent library that is situated in Crescent Throne in the Solzreed Peninsula. As an avid reader, my curiousity was peaked, but I had pledged myself to fight in the war. All I could do was buy a book at from Samion the evenbard, so it could serve as a reminder of my desire to visit the library after the fighting was over.

After seemingly endless hours of fighting, I was glad to go back home and be able to relax. However, while I was unpacking I found the book I bought from Samion, and despite my fatigue I had the urge to continue my travels straight away. I quickly gathered some essentials and then started my journey towards Crescent Throne.

Once I arrived at the library, I couldn't help but be amazed at the varied collection of books: from old tomes, slightly dusty but well taken care of, and newly published books containing the progressive ideas of today. Standing there, taking in the sights rekindled my nearly forgotten passion for books. The war had taken a toll on me, but I was going to make a change.

My ambition to reunite myself with my love for reading led to the ambition to collect copies of the rarer books and manuscripts that can be found in Erenor. I travelled tirelessly, as my eagerness gave me the energy to keep going. Nothing was safe from my search: neither the great manuscripts from the Ayanad Library, or the collection of Orchidna's Journals, or the ArcheRage books. I think I must have seen all the corners of Erenor before I started to feel some kind of satisfaction in relation to what I had gathered.

When I finally found some peace to organise the assortment of literature I had collected, I saw that I might have been too enthusiastic in my efforts. My small home barely has room for every tome, and a stack of books now adorns the floor of my study. I will need to think about how to adjust my living space. If only I had thought of this before I left, because adding shelves and what not with all those books on the floor is going to be a chore...

1592929173065.png

IGN: Khloekatt

The Battle for Exeloch Castle

After my comrades and I had fought valiantly, we finally had our castle, in the breathtaking Exeloch. All the blood, sweat, and tears that we had poured into this beautiful and magnificent architecture were glistening on the walls. The Nuians had tried to stop us, but we fought valiantly. At last, I could sit on this throne of gold and take in the exhilarating smell of the stone.

My friends protected our master, as he worked hard at building our territory houses, and upgrading the beautiful castle to an enormous structure. We were only able to procure such commodities by bravely fighting our opposing warriors, and taking the coveted Lord's Coins from their poorly protected warehouses. Scouts went before us, stealthily checking out the other castles, figuring out their every move. Once the scouts reported back, we were able to make a battle plan.
The legion of brave warriors stood at the territory line, waiting for the perfect moment to assimilate. When that moment came, the mounted army rushed forward. We fought a long, hard battle. We lost many brave fighters that day. A few of our soldiers were able to sneak into the unguarded warehouses, and derive the precious Lord’s Coins. As the packs were sturdily on their backs, they retreated as fast as they had started the battle. A few good men were killed on their journey back to our base, and a few were able to find protection at the Statue of Nui, forcing them to stay there until our other warriors were out of harm’s way, and able to begin a rescue mission.

The rest of us who were not busied with Lord’s Coin extraction were able to make our way to Diamond Shores. Once there, we used our fastest ships and sailed to find our beloved soldiers, who were stuck at the Statue of Nui, on the southside of Heedmar. Our enemies were keeping a watchful eye, making sure our friends were not able to leave Nui, but we tricked them, if only for a moment! The few who needed the rescuing went into stealth and climbed down the treacherous cliffs, without being spotted. As the rest of our team was on our gallant and powerful Eonan Warship, an even more powerful warship ascended on us. The ones with the Lord’s Coins were able to sneak away on faster boats, eventually making their way to Exeloch. We distracted our furious enemies at sea, making sure they didn’t see our sneaky get-away.

Once safely back at our castle, all of ArcheRage could hear our excited exclaims about how successful we were. We had it. We finally had it.

Attachments

• khloethrone.png
    khloethrone.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 260
IGN: Hyakki

Aratos and the Family!

Once upon a time In the ArcheRage World, there was a young man called Aratos !

Aratos has lived with his family his whole life, he had a mom, a little sister and a little brother, he loved them so much! But in a rainy dark night he woke up breathing heavily, he had a nightmare where he lost all of his family members in a tragic ambush from the enemy forces!

Aratos has decided to never let his family out since then, he had worked hard everyday to provide them with a nice home and quality food, He slept a maximum of 3-4 hours a day and spent the rest of his time working hard and afraid of what happened in his nightmare! every moment the bad memories kept striking in his head just as if he is dreaming about it.

After 2 years of doing the same thing, working 20 hours a day in cold day or under the sun's heat, his family got bored of just waiting and sitting at home.. they kept asking Aratos to go for a trip on a boat with him at the weekend! A couple of days went by and his family still insists and that was when Aratos couldn't take it anymore!

He always felt guilty for making his family stay at home, but it was only because he was afraid of losing them, he decided to take them and go fishing at a close sport fishing zone that he always went to, the next day he took all of his family on a boat, his family was all happy, it was their first time to see the ocean in 2 years, they all started crying out of happiness and finally they reached their destination.

Once they started turning back to go home, Aratos's nightmare finally came to it's end, Aratos saw a ship from the enemy forces coming towards him ! He quickly turned the ship and told his little brother to drive as far as he can and bravely he jumped into the water with nothing but an assassin's dagger, he went to their ship, climbed it and started to fight for his family's life, He decided to throw himself in front of death instead of watching his family die in front of him!

He bravely killed 19 of the enemy men and finally met his fate! While he was fighting the enemy forced all by himself ! He got stabbed from the back by the ship's captain Leon !
Aratos has died bravely in an attempt to save his family from the enemy forces !

Aratos was a brave young man who wanted to become a Hero to protect the weak and help the poor, to save and protect his people ! But in the end, he wasn't able to fulfill what he wanted but he was happy that he saved his family from a tragic death but the cost was his own life!

Once upon a time In the ArcheRage World, there was a young man called Aratos !

Aratos has lived with his family his whole life, he had a mom, a little sister and a little brother, he loved them so much! But in a rainy dark night he woke up breathing heavily, He had a nightmare where he lost all of his family members in a tragic ambush from the enemy forces!

Aratos has decided to never let his family out since then, he had worked hard every day to provide them with a nice home and quality food, He slept a maximum of 3-4 hours a day and spent the rest of his time working hard and afraid of what happened in his nightmare! Every moment the bad memories kept striking in his head just as if he is dreaming about it.

After 2 years of doing the same thing, working 20 hours a day in the cold weather or under the sun's heat, his family got bored of just waiting and sitting at home.. they kept asking Aratos to go for a trip on a boat with him at the weekend! A couple of days went by and his family still insists and that was when Aratos couldn't take it anymore!

He always felt guilty for making his family stay at home, but it was only because he was afraid of losing them, he decided to take them and go fishing at a close sport fishing zone that he always went to, the next day he took all of his family on a boat, his family was all happy, it was their first time to see the ocean in 2 years, they all started crying out of happiness and finally they reached their destination.

After a couple of hours it was time to go home, they turned the boat and starting moving towards the island and this is where Aratos realized how happy his family looked he started tearing and said " If only i didn't have this bizarre nightmare they could've went out every day during the last 2 years!" Aratos felt guilty and bad for forcing his family to stay at home for their own sake, but his family realized what's going on as fast as a lightning and gave him a warm hug with "don't beat yourself, we love you!" and then Aratos
felt so relaxed and calm and everything he was thinking about went away!

After returning Home, Aratos have made a promise on himself, that he will become the strongest hero so he can protect the weak and help the poor, his life has changed, his family started to go out again and all worked together, so that gave Aratos the opportunity to train himself and his body to become the strongest Hero!

ScreenShot0073.jpg

This is Aratos's Story, h
ope you all liked it ^_^ and looking forward for everyone's story!
My Idea is to make a story that can have multiple different endings and only the Main story is my entry
I made the other just for fun :3

Used 2495 characters !

Last edited:
IGN: Zebbi
Char count: 1698
Title: A Haranyan Love Story

explore.png

A short love. But a love, nevertheless.

Both of us were young, but we had spent so much time together in ArcheRage.

Every morning, I’d climb up on top of a rice bundle. I think he always liked when I was being a little bit silly, as he’d always chuckle when seeing me there.

He’d pick me up gently from atop the corn bundle, and then place me down on the Golden Teardrop chest carefully. It was always exhilarating to be in his arms and feel the fresh air on my skin as he scooped me up and carried me across our fields. I liked being close to him, and watching him as he farmed every morning.

Most days, he’d leave mid-morning for Mistmerrow to gain honor for our faction and to fight against the West. I’d see him come back battered and bruised often, and so I’d make sure to crawl right up next to him as he took a well-deserved nap. Sometimes he’d turn over in his sleep, and place his hands on my back—the feeling of being held during a nap is the absolute greatest.

Then one weekend, everything changed.

He didn’t farm after he picked me up, and I was very confused.

Instead, we went on his fishing boat, where he sat me down on his boat, along with his knapsack. I waited patiently for him to sail out to the sea, and was super excited to see what would happen next. Was this a date? Was he going to propose?

So imagine my surprise, as I was tossed overboard, hearing him exclaim about the wonders of the new fishing system as he watched me get torn apart by a Gargantuan Bluefin Tuna.

I really thought we had something… but perhaps I was wrong.

Perhaps, I was just so blinded by what I thought was true love.

But it could never be, it seems—love between a Warborn and a Bait Worm is just not a reality…

Last edited:
My story is titled: "Of a Feather"

(IGN: Phoenixaureal, Character count: 2500 exactly) ;)

She died with a shriek that would freeze stars, and he withdrew his sword with a solemn temperance. It was clear he'd had no desire to end the life of such a majestic creature, one of the last of an ancient species, but the rabid curse had driven her to violence.

Perhaps it was fate, but as he left he glanced back to her restful form... and there I was. Kneeling, he brushed aside some of the burnt blue feathers to reveal a cracked egg that glowed like an ember. Through the jagged edges I could see the conflict on his face, deciding what should be done with this dangerous creature.

He sighed, and gently scooped up the egg. I could hear the sizzle of his skin from its radiance, yet he held it with careful hands. He wrapped it up in his cloak, and spirited us both away to a new place. A garden retreat, known only to him.

It was a difficult childhood. He hadn't expected me to grow so fast, and I, with the instincts of an elemental Gryphon, could not understand that my premature birth left my wings too weak to carry me. Once, I leapt from the cliff beside our home chasing an owl. My master must have heard my cry from his workshop, so like my mother's, and leapt out the window, hurling himself after me.

I felt his scarred hands snatch me from the air and press me to his chest. He deployed his glider just in time to save us both, though it caught a branch and forced a heavy landing. His broken ankle would heal, but I felt awful. He scolded me for my foolishness, and I saw something new in his eyes. Tears.

Before long I had grown enough to become his mount. He forged for me brilliant silver armor, it shone like the sun with my fire. I felt like I would be the most glorious mount in ArcheRage, if only I could fly. We charged into battle many times, his flames intertwining mine, weaving hell through hordes.

Until one day, when battling mages upon a mountaintop, we were separated. A mystic bond snared me to a sudden halt, throwing him off. Before he could get his bearings, they stunned him with a spell, and struck him from the edge of the mountain.

I loosed a shriek which would burn stars, as my inferno swallowed the cold air, burning through my bonds and my enemies. I dashed after my master, propelled by fury, and soared to his falling body. He gripped at the fur of my back, and looked down. We were flying. I beat my wings, riding my own heat and the world revolved beneath us.

“Good girl, Ember.” I heard his weak voice say. “Your mother would be so proud."
ScreenShot0254.jpg

Last edited:
The Watcher
by Zeirlynn​

A package full of gifts arrived in my mailbox recently. Excited, I opened it and took out all the goodies without looking closely at who it was from. It started with an ‘A’ and I just thought it was from the Aubre Cradle Community Center, related to contributions. It was full of various badges and tokens, fireworks, clothes, toys, and dance instructions. Among the gifts were a few items that have troubled me ever since, wondering just who sent them, and why.

One was a blue birthday hat, with a tag that read “celebrate ArcheRage’s birthday.” Who is that? Another was a framed print of a painted heart with the word “ArcheRage” across the center, and the tag on the back read “I love ArcheRage.” Am I supposed to love this “ArcheRage”? Who is it? What is it? Why is it sending me gifts?

Smooshed into the bottom corner of the box was a little plushie, white with green trim. On its chest was a green letter ‘A’, and the little tag on the bottom read “ArcheRage Plushie.” I set it on a shelf in my bedroom, near my collection of yata and elk plushies. Who is ArcheRage and why were all these things sent to me?

A few days later, out and about running errands, I overheard some chatter in Marianople about ArcheRage making changes to our trading system. They changed some of the materials and ingredients for the products we make to sell, and implemented strict schedules on delivery. Whomever or whatever ArcheRage is, apparently it holds a lot of power over our society.

Wondering about this mysterious entity started to keep me up at night, and I found myself staring at the plushie on my shelf… and it was staring back at me. I was overcome by a sense of someone watching me, my every move. If only I knew whether this ArcheRage was a friend or foe, someone to reach out to, or to hide from. Should I be worried for my well-being, or feel safe and protected? Were the items in that box gifts for me to enjoy, or devices used to monitor or control me?

I’m more aware of the widespread presence of this “ArcheRage” now, noticing its symbol in other places, and hearing more mention of it in the chatter across the nations. It seems it has been here all along, watching and controlling everything that happens in our world. Perhaps the gifts were a gesture of comfort, offering friendship and telling us not to be afraid. All we can do is continue on with our lives, following their rules, until they come to us bearing the end of all we know.

AR-IfOnlyStory-ARPlushie.jpg

IGN: Zeirlynn
2,441 Characters​

Last edited:
IGN: Zebbi
Char count: 1698
Title: A Haranyan Love Story

View attachment 12356

A short love. But a love, nevertheless.

Both of us were young, but we had spent so much time together in ArcheRage.

Every morning, I’d climb up on top of a rice bundle. I think he always liked when I was being a little bit silly, as he’d always chuckle when seeing me there.

He’d pick me up gently from atop the corn bundle, and then place me down on the Golden Teardrop chest carefully. It was always exhilarating to be in his arms and feel the fresh air on my skin as he scooped me up and carried me across our fields. I liked being close to him, and watching him as he farmed every morning.

Most days, he’d leave mid-morning for Mistmerrow to gain honor for our faction and to fight against the West. I’d see him come back battered and bruised often, and so I’d make sure to crawl right up next to him as he took a well-deserved nap. Sometimes he’d turn over in his sleep, and place his hands on my back—the feeling of being held during a nap is the absolute greatest.

Then one weekend, everything changed.

He didn’t farm after he picked me up, and I was very confused.

Instead, we went on his fishing boat, where he sat me down on his boat, along with his knapsack. I waited patiently for him to sail out to the sea, and was super excited to see what would happen next. Was this a date? Was he going to propose?

So imagine my surprise, as I was tossed overboard, hearing him exclaim about the wonders of the new fishing system as he watched me get torn apart by a Gargantuan Bluefin Tuna.

I really thought we had something… but perhaps I was wrong.

Perhaps, I was just so blinded by what I thought was true love.

But it could never be, it seems—love between a Warborn and a Bait Worm is just not a reality…

I feel..... Baited

스크린샷(52).png
Aung was an Opium farmer in the Arcum Iris region of Haranya. One day while he was sleeping, his poppy crops were set ablaze by a lightning strike, and the smoke was carried by the wind into his home. His dream began to turn strange. With the smoke of the fields he awoke, and he began floating up and out of the house. He floated over to his horse, which had died and become a ghost. They rose for days and days through the steppes of elysium, needing some time to catch their breath. They stopped just before reaching a town. He got off his horse as it was tired and walked it over to the town. His head was banging like a drum at the Austera theatre. He felt strange and surreal as if he was dreaming. Walking over to the town he walked over to town’s inn, where he saw it was empty. All he could see inside was a painting of a blue-skinned firran woman, with glowing red eyes and a smoke around her that smelled of crops and ashes. She would lift herself up and out of the painting, going behind the counter to begin work. “I’m sorry.” She said. “I was just taking a short break since business is slow today.” Aung could not speak because it felt to him everything was going in slow motion. He went outside to avoid making a scene, where instead of his horse he saw a naked ghost pink ghost man, with long hair and a tail coming out from his back. “I’m done being your horse.” He said, as he turned away and went into the brothel. Aung went out of town and opened a portal back to his home. He leaped into the portal thinking that the illogical events would be over, but instead he is taken to a field of lilies with nothing in sight but a shrine to Nui. The statue begins to speak to him. “Us gods are all intermediaries between humans a supreme god known as Archerage.” She says. “I will show you the future of Haranya that you must do your best to prevent.” She said. Aung woke up hundreds of years in the future, and saw Haranya at the level of development even higher than Auroria once was. He saw children in factories and the bows were traded out for firemakers that shot balls of lead at impossible speed. He walked through the streets of Austera. He saw buildings with large glass windows and metal blimps that shot lead. He saw one of them with the Nuian emblem on it fly straight into the glass building, causing it to collapse down into a pile of rubble. Eventually Aung woke up from his dream. He woke up in the shack, his crops burned. He smelled of Opium.

IGN: Hyang

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the last day of the event. Hurry up and post your story if you want to participate but haven't done it yet!

The lonely witch and her best friends.

Once upon a time in the world of Archerage, there lived a lonely little witch named Itch. She lived near a beach with her two best friends; Ivory and Rosie. You see, every now and then when the moon’s lights shined just right, these three girls would be up for the night. They’d invite Ivy and Kit and the five girls would play and play; they all truly loved to lots games. Gathered around candle light with pillows and juice the girls would jump and dance, as old man Miller played his lute. Singing and chanting went on through those nights attracting pixies, and ghosts, and even colorful smokes. Chickens and Owls would make themselves present but wouldn’t you know it, the neighbors didn’t find this whole experience pleasant.

So from time to time all the neighbors would gather; with their sheer numbers and their screams and their shouts they would eventually chase the little witch out. That poor Itch, she just wanted to play, but they just wouldn’t let her stay. The spooks and the sounds, the hocus and pocus, was too much for these simple town folks as they prayed to their Gods, “You can bring peace to ArcheRage, if only you get rid of the rude little Itch!”

So off Itch would go without her best friend; all alone, yet again. For the next few days she would spend her time flipping her skateboard or driving her car. Sometimes Itch would fish for fish or even talk to the goats. But really really truly, the lonely little witch, just wants to play with her two bestest friends; Lady Ivory and Miss Rosie. So for what seemed like many many nights, Itch would sit and just watch as the moons made their flights cross the blue glowing sky. Waiting and waiting until that one night when the moon’s light shined just about right so Itch could finally reunite, with her two bestest besties, and have another great night!!

1.png

IGN: Itch
1800+ Characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back