What's new

Efficient Planting and Placement Guide - ( Contest )

Raistlin

This guide is for both new and seasoned players ,since abundant land placement patterns are hard to memorise ,feel free to explore the possibilities and calculations discovered by many players and implemented by the game creators in a very complex way.

PART I - GENERAL INFORMATION

There are several reasons why you would care about how and where you plant your items:

On fresh servers the land scarcity comes into effect and it is smart to value the space you own.

• Placing as many items as possible on your land is a bit more time consuming at start, but once you learn, it becomes basic routine.

• The time your crops ,animals and decals spend on your land is considerable over time, and if you can improve your planting skills by 30%, 20%, 10% ,in the long run, you will profit more.

• Land can be used efficiently or artistically as well, but to be able to make your empire attractive, you need to know the geometry and symmetry for many things like house rotations, pens, fences, gates etc.

• Owning land is considered a luxury in this game.

The first things you should pay attention to before becoming a land owner are:

Can you sustain the taxes by your plots? https://archeagetools.com/tax-calculator-3-0/

Have you planned how many plots you can place and maybe connect them in the future?

Which climate is your land going to be located in?

Do you need land ,or are you in a large guild which has spacious guild properties you could use.

Do you prefer farming things you find on the go, searching for wild farms, planting them, or wish to have your own thing going.

When you decide ,its time to commit to those plans
C:\Users\Lex\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Various types of farms and buildings can be placed in Archeage ,and they vary by tax costs ,total space taken, and effective planting space:

https://archeage.gamepedia.com/Farms

https://archeage.gamepedia.com/Houses

Obviously farms have more planting space, but some larger structures like treehouses ,farmhouses and mansions grant considerable farming benefits as well.

Upgraded Thatched Farmhouses are an exclusion to this, they not only grant effective farming space around the object, but on the ground floor of the building as well !
upload_2017-10-30_21-47-51.png

There are 3 types of them that i will go over:

Farmers Farmhouse - Giving you 3 seed beds

Rangers Farmhouse - Giving you animal pen and 2 seed beds as seen on picture above and

Miners Farmhouse - Giving you 2 seed beds and a special mining node

Seed beds for all require 50 seeds and roughly 50-150 labor

You are given bonus decals ,like

*Water barel that gives more water per usage

*Special machine for bundling and processing farming goodies -similar to farmers workbench, only better

*Ability to get valuable vocation quests and reap the rewards !

I will only focus here on upgraded farmhouses since it is too much ground to cover.

Bonus links > http://www.archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/2226155

>https://archeage.gamepedia.com/Thatched_Farm_House

PART II - Core of the Guide

This is the main thing, images that in the simplest manner show a lot.

Link of the blueprints >>>>>>>>>IMPORTANT>>>>>>>
https://imgur.com/a/N5bex

>>>Before placing expensive animals down ,you can plant for example "Moringa fruit" which has special radius same as the cow or larder
(if i recall correctly,check this in advance) ,
than once you fill your farm with moringa, you simply cut down one tree at a time and in its stead place Cows or larders ! ***Genious, right?***

This saves you the resources ,since if you make a mistake and place 1 less cow or larder etc , you might use your farm like that for days.

ITEM RADIUS:

Circles related are borders of what you plant, in order from smallest to largest, but not all the colors are matched, since i compiled this from everything i found.

Sizes vary ,there are aprox five sizes of both crops and animals, and some animals are matched in scale to some crops. USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!

Yellow / Very Small - Things like flowers, wheat, chickens

Orange / Small - Bay, Grapevine, maybe turkeys

Red / Medium - Most things fit in this criteria, crop and animals alike

Green / Large - Special radius - these and above can no longer fit on 8x8 farm

Blue / Very Large - Special radius - reserved for things like Pomegranates, Cherries etc

PLANTING SIZE CHARTS FOR EACH TREE KIND ARE GIVEN AT THE BOTTOM ;)

>Some images at the lower pages are not object to these colors ,since the sources wary.<

Scarecrow Garden 8x8 :
upload_2017-10-30_21-52-9.png
upload_2017-10-30_21-52-17.png

Scarecrow Farm 16x16 :
upload_2017-10-30_21-52-38.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-52-45.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-53-6.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-53-18.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-53-24.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-53-32.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-53-42.png

Gazebo Farms 24x24 :

You may consider rotating the middle structure like so.

upload_2017-10-30_21-54-18.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-54-29.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-54-37.png

>>> EDIT: PAVILLION WITH 19 LARDERS<<<

upload_2017-10-30_21-55-29.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-55-43.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-55-59.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-56-14.png

Treehouse 28x28 :

It is imperative to rotate this properly before confirming.

upload_2017-10-30_21-56-40.png

Rotation benefits:

16x16 house can gain trees space at 45 degrees !

24x24 thatched farmhouse can gain animal pen spaces at 45 degrees !!

upload_2017-10-30_21-56-57.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-57-14.png

More info about trees, their resource yields, climate and times(times for our server are 1/2 of those)

Enjoy:

upload_2017-10-30_21-57-50.png

upload_2017-10-30_21-58-1.png

Wild trees farmed on the spot, or repositioned by uprooted sapplings.

upload_2017-10-30_21-58-20.png

There are many other things i would like to say, related to exact labor efficiency of crops and profit planning but that should be better left for another guide.

Hopefully this helps you in your adventures and calculations ;)
_________________________________________________Thank you for reading

Sincerily
Rai

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-30_21-55-52.png
    upload_2017-10-30_21-55-52.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,600
Last edited:
pavilion can hold 19 larders if done correctly bad info

Right ,it has been so long since the last time i did larders that i forgot i used one specific image from these !
It has been edited to show which picture has 19 larders.

If you have any more blueprint ideas ,link them in the comments ! Thanks

Right ,it has been so long since the last time i did larders that i forgot i used one specific image from these !
It has been edited to show which picture has 19 larders.

If you have any more blueprint ideas ,link them in the comments ! Thanks

the upgraded pavilion can do the same

DUDE! I was just thinking today how I wish I had a planting guide.
And this is the exact thing I was looking for. Thank you SO much.

DUDE! I was just thinking today how I wish I had a planting guide.
And this is the exact thing I was looking for. Thank you SO much.

No problem ,i stacked everything i could find so im using it too till i memorise patterns again.
Its pretty easy to just save some pictures as well ;)

I only played until level 15 yet. Then I got to know, that I must be level 52 to be able to gather or harvest. :-(
I love archeage because of its freedom to play your game in any way you want. I LOVE being a farmer and play archeage more in a "HayDay" way. I really enjoy 10-12 hours/day in games I like, but I can't get myself to play such a great game by hurrying through all the quests only to reach a level, where I finally can play the way I love to.
Please change your mind and accept, that there are few people behind the chars, which are not only here for pvp and castle raiding.

My way of playing Archeage is to get quite early in farming and working and when I got times, where I am rid of it or have to wait for crops to ripe, then I like to go out exploring or questing, but in a slow way. Enjoying the fantastic atmosphere of this game! I don't like to hurry through them just to reach a level, where this game begins to be fun to me. I really, really hope, tghat there will be a change.

until then, I have to force myself to stay an hour or two. That's so disappointing. :(

I only played until level 15 yet. Then I got to know, that I must be level 52 to be able to gather or harvest. :-(
I love archeage because of its freedom to play your game in any way you want. I LOVE being a farmer and play archeage more in a "HayDay" way. I really enjoy 10-12 hours/day in games I like, but I can't get myself to play such a great game by hurrying through all the quests only to reach a level, where I finally can play the way I love to.
Please change your mind and accept, that there are few people behind the chars, which are not only here for pvp and castle raiding.

My way of playing Archeage is to get quite early in farming and working and when I got times, where I am rid of it or have to wait for crops to ripe, then I like to go out exploring or questing, but in a slow way. Enjoying the fantastic atmosphere of this game! I don't like to hurry through them just to reach a level, where this game begins to be fun to me. I really, really hope, tghat there will be a change.

until then, I have to force myself to stay an hour or two. That's so disappointing. :(

It will not change, easiest by far way to circumvent the so called "Bot block" they placed, is to get some bait worms ,and turn on autofishing while you are sleeping or away.
I found that best results are when you turn on exp potions( which you recieve plenty) every hour, and in no time you will reach a stage where everything is unlocked.

Back