What's new

ArcheRage 5.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not for several patches, I could careless about day to day pvp vs conversion healers since honor staffs exist so its doable. I'm just more concerned with a fix regarding conversion healers abusing the siege system to become invulnerable and channel a castle 1v50.
admins/sjinderson saw alot of sieges and he knows, really hope they do something about it next patch

admins/sjinderson saw alot of sieges and he knows, really hope they do something about it next patch
Yeah thats funny lol, just because they know of the issue doesn't mean they will fix it which is why I asked directly and didn't get a response.

As far as the update, the trade system changes is what killed AA for a lot of people. With an already small player base, what do you hope to achieve by implementing this new system? I kinda understand your point about the client not supporting the old system, but surely there is a way to alter the new system to resemble some of the aspects of the old one?

Hell, even if we could get enough changes so that the 5.0 packs gave us a choice of turn in spots instead of funneling us into singular ports that are too easy to camp, it would be something. They could be in the same dang zone just in different ports for all I care, or use the same turn in values regardless of the turn in location.

Something, anything other than just implementing it with no other alterations from live/unchained. The 5.0 pack system kills traderuns across the ocean because it reduces the ability to evade interception too much and skews the risk/reward into "It would be stupid to bother outside of extremely contrived conditions" territory.

There was literally no reason to do obsidian melting change. Noone asked for this custom change, and you did not bring it to us so we could discuss it before we get the final patch notes.

A lot of people invested on this, if you had this custom change idea, you should have told it to community so we could speak up or don't even bother to do it.

Last edited:
obsinfuse.JPG

I am super disappointed that after specifically asking if conversion would work as it did on live, we get the rug pulled out from under us with a move like this. Many people have spent thousands of gold and resources on prep and now its worthless.

I don't understand how custom the conversion will make server better, me and lot of people were farming a lot of lib for make T1 (former T3), and a member of the staff says "Even stone it, Break it."

View attachment 13837

I am super disappointed that after specifically asking if conversion would work as it did on live, we get the rug pulled out from under us with a move like this. Many people have spent thousands of gold and resources on prep and now its worthless.
The reply you received is correct, you will still be able to convert obsidian into hiram infusions and it will be converted in the same way as on live by using Hiram Conversion Rune.

The modification to the Obsidian melting custom nerf, that is now has to be t2 instead of t1 - that's a really punitive shitty thing to do. It's okay for a game to be fun sometimes.

I'll quote myself to expound on it:

1) The nerf is unnecessary, not fun, and does not resolve any significant issue. It is punitive for the sake of being punitive.

2) Anyone making Obsidian has spent time and gold in farming and crafting these items, probably far more than they would have farming the infusions. Any *perceived* advantage is therefore extremely limited.

3) If you're so worried about people banking xp for Hiram t3, why are you not looking at Hiram infusions that people have been banking, especially since the start of the guild quests. Your logic is confused. It's a damn sight easier spending 10 minutes not making eye contact with Dahuta than it is spending an hour in library.

4) NOBODY asked for this. NOBODY.

5) Any night terrors you have of people emerging day 1 with magically maxed Hiram aren't real. Everyone has to go through the farming of the upgrade scrolls, with a very low awakening chance, and then has to jump through the no-fun-allowed-in-Korea-ever hoop with crystallisation. All the while they'll be banking infusion xp in the background.

6) People have been preparing for Erenor xp too. Yet that isn't being randomly nerfed for the sake of it. It's the same deal.

Last edited:
I personally think its kind of a useless change because it costs alot to make the staffs and then to feed again is even more.

And also they are still limited by the scrolls from daily quests. All this does is punish people who put effort into it for no apparent reason for it to be nerfed.

Also i just want to say to Elohel, You get 10 infusions a day thats essentially nothing but a small reward for helping people do their dream ring. Banking infusions isnt a problem

I don't think that this change is incredibly well-communicated or fair. What happens to all the people that spent their time farming these T1s? There was no reason to make this change. Any way we can have that reverted back to how live had it?

Also i just want to say to Elohel, You get 10 infusions a day thats essentially nothing but a small reward for helping people do their dream ring. Banking infusions isnt a problem

Absolutely it isn't, I agree. It's basically the same as making some t1 obsidian. There's no good reason to have one and not the other. People have been banking infusions from Reedwind for months now.

The reply you received is correct, you will still be able to convert obsidian into hiram infusions and it will be converted in the same way as on live by using Hiram Conversion Rune.
If it was the same as on live, we would have T1 conversions. This is not as it was on live.

I asked you this question directly over discord because i trusted you not to BS us, the community. If the community can't trust the staff not to screw them out of tens of thousands of gold, resources, labor and time on a whim then why the hell would we play here instead of going back to live? I can get screwed by Trion just fine thanks.

Nobody asked for the feature to be changed. Theres no reason for it to be changed as its not some magic exploit to get around working. But every bloody patch theres a change the developers pull out of the air which causes fuss like this. Its almost like the developers should read their own customers suggestions.

I think if anything should be done, it should be a small reduction in exp if it really is that big of an issue to the admins, because atleast then you arent completely screwing people over and their hard work and it all wont be wasted time and money.

i do still however think that it should be T3 not T5.

If it was the same as on live, we would have T1 conversions. This is not as it was on live.

I asked you this question directly over discord because i trusted you not to BS us, the community. If the community can't trust the staff not to screw them out of tens of thousands of gold, resources, labor and time on a whim then why the hell would we play here instead of going back to live? I can get screwed by Trion just fine thanks.

Nobody asked for the feature to be changed. Theres no reason for it to be changed as its not some magic exploit to get around working. But every bloody patch theres a change the developers pull out of the air which causes fuss like this. Its almost like the developers should read their own customers suggestions.
You didn't specify your question. It was a general question and a general reply. Now you are saying that you meant T1 there, but your question doesn't have that info so there was no way for me to guess what is the exact info you are trying to get. So don't make it look like I confirmed something to you that I indeed didn't confirm.

Preparing for patches should not receive punishments. The ability to prepare was available to everyone if they took the time to read. Furthermore, the preparations i.e. crafting obsidians) injected gold into the economy - which is needed w a small population.

I've generally thought your custom changes enhanced the game play for this small population. If you are doing this because you are concerned about strongly geared players continuing to be strongly geared and you want us all to be equally geared, why not eliminate erenor too. We prepare heavily for that.

Please dont make this game into "everyone gets a trophy". Hard work should pay off. And hard work is hard work - regardless of whether others choose to read or not. The ridiculous 12 obsidian long spears I've made have ZERO impact on the game. Even if I were ambitious enough to have made 100 - the only thing that would happen to those infusions is identical to the 300 hiram infusions I've saved for when i decide what i want my armor to be.

This is not an exploit. It is what we call planning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back