What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is just intellectual dishonesty

taking twt having 100 ppl (which it does not) and comparing it to kraken is a fallacy. just because there are 100 ppl at twt doesnt mean the server is more active during that time. just means that there are more ppl willing to come out at that time. only an admin would be able to know how active the server is during NA prime time.

there is also an obvious incongruity in your argument when you point out reset time as being active. reset is roughly 11 hours apart from current twt horn and pulling boss spawn back would make it even more difficult for the players that are active during reset to access that content

And lets not forget about our Chinese player base

i dont know if youre trolling or if youre simply ignorant regarding china's time zone, so let me explain it to ya.

pulling back the boss spawn timer's by 3 to 5 hours means that kraken would spawn between 01:30pm and 03:30pm EST. Do you know what time that would be for the chinese?

That's between 01:30 am to 03:30 am (GMT +8). I'm sure they'd be excited about that.

Why should anything be changed? If the EU player base didn't want to be "ignored" then they should've played on the EU server. It was their decision to play on an NA server. They knew that the timers would be better for NA players so they should deal with the choice that they made themselves.
I'm not sure it's a choice people made themselves as i know many including myself that never knew about the RU/EU server until we were deep into this server, if this is the case I demand a system in which you can transfer your account from NA to RU server which will fix all this

and as much as i know, RU server was released as RU and everything there including the client, NA server was released after that by idk how long and that also could be a reason why some EU players came here to NA server

Last edited:
3-5h earlier means kraken would spawn at 3pm / 1pm respectively @ server time and people are working during that time.

That's EST btw. It gets even worse for central/mountain/pst
I don't think moving kraken timer 3 to 5 hours earlier would be that good either plus the timer doesn't have to change to be earlier, it can change to idk 3-5 hours later, Kraken time might be too much if we take it back, but Black Dragon isn't imo, I'd say it can be even at same time as Kraken and people can have a choice whether to go for Kraken or Black Dragon.

Last edited:
i dont know if youre trolling or if youre simply ignorant regarding china's time zone, so let me explain it to ya.

pulling back the boss spawn timer's by 3 to 5 hours means that kraken would spawn between 01:30pm and 03:30pm EST. Do you know what time that would be for the chinese?

That's between 01:30 am to 03:30 am (GMT +8). I'm sure they'd be excited about that.
That's how it is for EU players and as Jerrod mentioned up there east and west bringing a total of 120 players which was 100 but okay, but that's not everyday it's at Saturday only and if you remove EU players the server will end up with 50 to a 100 player base or something, basically there won't be East and half of west.

So if the solution is like what ya all saying, I'd like a way to transfer my account to the RU server.

Since alot of people didnt know about the ru server untill a later date or they joined their friends which were already here i believe it’s unfair to just tell all the eu people “well shouldve went ru server”. There’s alot of eu/china on the na server and if we BELONG on the RU server please allow full account transfer from NA to RU, alot of time has been spend on some peoples accounts and alot of money has been spend by some people also.

I don't think moving kraken timer 3 to 5 hours earlier would be that good either but Black Dragon.
So what you are proposing is that, in an NA Server, you should pull back the timer of the most important World Boss to cater the EU player base, into a period where everybody from NA is working? What about all the people that play at NA timezone? Should we just disregard them?
That's how it is for EU players and as Jerrod mentioned up there east and west bringing a total of 120 players which was 100 but okay, but that's not everyday it's at Saturday only and if you remove EU players the server will end up with 50 to a 100 player base or something, basically there won't be East and half of west.

So if the solution is like what ya all saying, I'd like a way to transfer my account to the RU server.
I was simply pointing out the hipocrisy in the OP. Neddy claims that he cares about the chinese playerbase but his proposition goes directly against their interests.

Europeans are NOT the target demographic of this server and I'd like to invite you to participate in late night halcy or reset raid so you can understand how many people play outside of your time zone.

So what you are proposing is that, in an NA Server, you should pull back the timer of the most important World Boss to cater the EU player base, into a period where everybody from NA is working? What about all the people that play at NA timezone? Should we just disregard them?

I was simply pointing out the hipocrisy in the OP. Neddy claims that he cares about the chinese playerbase but his proposition goes directly against their interests.

Europeans are NOT the target demographic of this server and I'd like to invite you to participate in late night halcy or reset raid so you can understand how many people play outside of your time zone.

I've been there a few good times and yeah west can get idk 40-100 at reset? but 20 east? and late night halcy last times i've been there was about 20 to 30 easties max, now idk if the numbers increased or not but there's that

and no i do not agree on this if it will put NA players in a disadvantage, it's an NA server after all and it'd be unfair to put NA players in such a disadvantage and i don't think everyone from NA would be working at Kraken time because ye east managed to pull out 60 in a weekend (even though many of them were EU players) and west got like 40 that time, so well if NA players are at a disadvantage even at Kraken timer as it is rn then idk what to say about that

what i suggest rn is either a timer push forward or backward whatever suits you all and if that is not good enough or will put NA players at a disadvantage, then the best solution would be a full account transfer to RU server and i think the account transfer thing is fair enough tbh, but there's a thing about that, i can't guarantee the server will be as active as it is, if not dead if all EU players gets transferred to the RU server

Last edited:

it really doesn't have to be shifted by 3-5 hours, my whole point of this thread is trying to make those events accessible for everyone as much as possible

that's exactly what eu players dealing with right now

maybe by shifting the spawn time to like after the first halcy would be perfect, since we get most of the asian/eu/na players active at that time

or we can just go with the 2nd solution and make 2 krakens/black dragons a day one well suited for na time and one for eu/asia times

and no i do not agree on this if it will put NA players in a disadvantage, it's an NA server after all and it'd be unfair to put NA players in such a disadvantage and i don't think everyone from NA would be working at Kraken time because ye east managed to pull out 60 in a weekend (even though many of them were EU players) and west got like 40 that time, so well if NA players are at a disadvantage even at Kraken timer as it is rn then idk what to say about that
i totally agree on NA players shouldn't be punished for such thing and put in disadvantage,

okay even if so 01:30 am is still better and easier than trying to wake up at 5-7 am just to do kraken or black dragon

also knowing that chinese player base stays up until the first halcy which is pretty late for them already so making kraken spawns a little bit after halcy that would fit their time

I'm not sure it's a choice people made themselves as i know many including myself that never knew about the RU/EU server until we were deep into this server, if this is the case I demand a system in which you can transfer your account from NA to RU server which will fix all this

and as much as i know, RU server was released as RU and everything there including the client, NA server was released after that by idk how long and that also could be a reason why some EU players came here to NA server

So because you supposedly didn't do any research into whether there were other servers or not (which i highly doubt you weren't aware of the other servers ) timers have to be changed to accommodate your preferences on a North American server ?

I like the way how Lil critters members, of course not all of them, who are strongly against moving wb timers are bragging the most using arguments that are actually false coz lack backup information.

1. Eu Server wasn't Eu - English or having any english support from the beggining, it was Russian. English support came some time after - and for that reason english player base choose to start on NA over "RU" which is obvious choice. Dominating part of NA server when goes to number of players on it ironicaly is EU playerbase. My wild guess is that NA playerbase is around 40-30% or bellow it. That makes obvious that you don't want to force things to be like they are on their timers so that low % will only be happy about it - administration probably will choose to favor bigger pool of player base to make them happy - happy customers means for them better advertisement about server when they talk about server to other people, better credit flow and player base being kept in more healthy condition.

Thing that happened to luscas/abyssal event is just proving that there are steps being made towards eu players base but we need to point out what we need.

2. Bragging about how many people can come on kraken on time it was last weeks and putting that into discussion is nonsense. 40% if not more of people from that group choosed to stay over night in order to do that boss. And numbers weren't that amazing. In same manner u can see for example west having raid with almost full co-raid in early halcy that happens just few hours before kraken. And this number is being pumped up that much because of the obvious reason - eu timezone players (also asia/oceania part of the world is like 10% or more of player base that should not be forgotten to mention and they were also taking part in that and any other event in game).

By putting same argument towards: " See something wrong with that? What happened to those 80+ man raids at kraken that just recently stopped happening? You have the numbers. You have the people all day but just want free content. Fight for it or stick to growing potatoes. " I can say that no one ever mentioned free content, if you say we have all day whats the point of not moving time? You have people all day. When we did scrimishes your leader was able to summon people to pump up numbers, what's the problem? Maybe the ones who want free stuff are not the players from group that ask for time spawn change but your group? You have all day.

Another good example, early halcy before change into instance your guildies were able to go there as the big part of na with entire eu community was able to and it was 1 hour extra away from what we have now. Back then there was no problem for NA to come and do Halcy, we got current instanced version with time moved forward, still there is no problem. Why there would be problem then with moving WB timers?

And what's the problem with clashing events? Most of them are repeatable in not that long periods. Some of them are even overlapping each other like gr/cr with mistmerrow or gr/cr with halcyona. Not mentioning events that are triggered by players like whalesong/aegis. People can make their own choices what they want to do, no one is forcing them to stick just to do dailes in same routine all time. If they skip cr for doing kraken or twt or any other wb - those dailes they can do earlier or later, thats managable.

When goes to clashing timezones:

1623233791080.png

That was the time of old Halcyona war(not instanced one) starting, people got no problems with it, big attendance from both na and eu side, also surprisingly mentioned Asia part of the world was also there, in big numbers in form of IHG(west china) players and No One(east china) - but that can only result of living on far west side of the world or just living in other countries.
1623233994725.png

This one is currrent halcy that is Monday -> Friday one. Numberes of both NA/EU of NA server playerbase is still high, Asia playerbase is not that much but still active. Of course not all of them are inactive but bigger chunk is out. Don't need to check to know that wb timers rn are early morning for Asia, late night for EU and its in still managable hours for NA. What if we revert halcy time pop up to old one and in place of current one we put wb spawn time so all 3 zones will be kinda put in good time?

and no i do not agree on this if it will put NA players in a disadvantage, it's an NA server after all and it'd be unfair to put NA players in such a disadvantage
I'm glad we agree on this point.
i don't think everyone from NA would be working at Kraken time because ye east managed to pull out 60 in a weekend (even though many of them were EU players) and west got like 40 that time, so well if NA players are at a disadvantage even at Kraken timer as it is rn then idk what to say about that
You say you don't believe everyone from NA would be working at Kraken time and to validate your point you cite a weekend Kraken, which starts at 06:30pm EST on a rest day for most people.
I'm sorry, I don't quite get how that makes you believe that NA players will be able to attend a Tuesday Kraken at 2PM.

I'm glad we agree on this point.

You say you don't believe everyone from NA would be working at Kraken time and to validate your point you cite a weekend Kraken, which starts at 06:30pm EST on a rest day for most people.
I'm sorry, I don't quite get how that makes you believe that NA players will be able to attend a Tuesday Kraken at 2PM.

i did mention that only because you all mentioned how east and west can bring 100 in a weekend day, so well even on a weekend day adding EU and NA players together doesn't give you 130-140 in total for a Kraken

and ofc if it's not a weekend day you wouldn't see EU players as well because it's 12:30 AM/1:30 AM for most or at least around that time, usually people sleep at that time to prepare for the next busy day and so on, so neither EU or NA would be that free for Kraken if it's not a weekend

So because you supposedly didn't do any research into whether there were other servers or not (which i highly doubt you weren't aware of the other servers ) timers have to be changed to accommodate your preferences on a North American server ?
nope, i'm not saying the server is responsible if someone didn't make their research and stuff but even if i did a research about "ArcheRage EU" i wouldn't have found that even if i wanted to, as RU was just RU since the start and they just changed the client later and so on, let's be honest it's still called ArcheRage RU till now but with a better client and a new discord name

Eu server is Eu in name while being Russian occupied in same manner that NA server is NA in name while being occupied by Europe players mostly. Even if u look at it annoucements on discord and forum are first written in russian then translated by their mods into english annoucements 😅

Back