What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't really understand, if players want bosses to spawn earlier, then why weekend early bosses option is bad and weekdays early boss option is much better? If the goal is to test your powers and try contesting bosses, then why not to do it on weekend when more people can join and then just go from there?! Instead I keep hearing a bunch of nonsense.

Well, currently I see 3 possible options. Neither of them will satisfy everyone but may be good to show what side is right in this discussion.
But before posting those for final discussion, I'd like to see maybe somebody else still has what to say, so I'll not post those earlier than tomorrow.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the reason I was disappointed with the option that ONLY weekend spawn times be changed is that the weekend spawn is the only one of the three where it is possible for the 3 major timezone groups to all participate at the current spawn times. Yes, its super early sunday morning for asia/oce, and super way late at night for EU, but those put it into a day when most people with fulltime jobs will not be working. During the week, it wouldn't be realistic to expect asian/oceanic players to skip school or work and for EU players to stay up all night just to participate.

In short, it would leave us exactly where we are at currently.. with Asia, OCE, and EU largely being shut out of end game content 2 of the 3 times its available each week (with the 3rd still being extremely inconvenient, although workable) because the people who are available for the current spawn times are unwilling to compromise to allow a greater portion of the playerbase to participate

In short, it would leave us exactly where we are at currently.. with Asia, OCE, and EU largely being shut out of end game content 2 of the 3 times its available each week (with the 3rd still being extremely inconvenient, although workable) because the people who are available for the current spawn times are unwilling to compromise to allow a greater portion of the playerbase to participate

Amazing to think that you would want to move more then 1 out of 3 out of NA times on an NA server? When the peak time of players has been said to be later in the day. I have seen so many times how it is "exhausting" or inconvenient for so and so. Do you stop to think that the timer is already pushed as early as it can and still impacts NA players with inconvenient situations? Like it spawns at 5:30pm CST if you work 9-5 you travel home you might have 10 mins to do w/e you need shower, change etc before it spawns. That is just 1 time zone in NA, PST it is at 3:30pm if you work 9-5 you miss at min 1.5-2hours of the boss being up. You act like this timer is in some glorious perfect spot for NA players, but it is not for a weekday this is already pushing the limit.

This is actually a fight over having the majority of boss timers being suited for a player base that is honestly not the majority on the server. This would be proven by the said peak of server activity given. Later patches I think even use Sunday as a boss spawning day, yes Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun, but this is with the garden and more bosses exist.

Sure, can you guys not do the weekdays WBs and we only PVP in the weekend for both bosses? Since it was only offered by the devs that the time could only change in the weekend spawns. (weekends aren't the problem but the weekdays are which the days that pirates the freefarm WBs due to the timers of WBs being late for EU players) :)

Good one. "Just don't show up then, and let us have the boss." It's also idiotic to not take the 15 minutes it really takes to shoot a cannon, while also playing Runescape/Studying/Working in the background.

The reason that we only attended to the ones that we had a large attendance is because pirate's are basically a core guild full of 10k+ GS people with not even a single person less than 5k GS attending. While west and east have noobies there's aswell high GS players which attend but once again most of those players are EU players, therefore we ally so we can fight with numbers against pirates with gear. (If that's what you guys wanted to hear there you go, y'all OP af so it takes 2 nations to fight y'all).

How long are you guys going to use the "Gear" excuse for? Pirates only hold 8 of the top 20 slots, hiram closes the gear gap by a huge margin, and a lot of us are still epic buff from T3 hiram.
Also if you guys want PvP you guys should've mentioned it before even coming to the players that have suggested this change and instead of saying you guys wanted PvP, you guys decided to basically harass EU players and telling them to go to the RU server and with other toxic comments. :)
Also it seems that you guys are denying this argument because east and west have an alliance than the timers.

It's not our job to hand hold you guys to come out, but it's a completely reasonable thing to expect NA timers on an NA server. I've also created posts to increase incentive for pvp in events like Halcy. The alliance is whatever, we've beat it before and lost to it before, there's no sweat there.

I get it, for some people the idea of "PvP for the sake of PvPing" to some people in a foreign/boring concept to people in this thread. Explains why MM, an event that takes place in every time zone is practically dead.

Truth is you guys are not willing to compromise while we are, sparkle suggested something that would work for a lot of people and you guys just threw your hands in the air no no no; it’s what you want and only that and you are now trying to strong arm the admins, we have people like evulia posting “trying to sell my account” and the others like hiyaki saying that he wants to transfer out yada yada. Actually try to find a solution that works for everyone or leave this discussion, trying to force your option by threatening to leave is not a good look.

Pirates aren't the only NA people on the server. There are plenty of people that could contest on the week days. Again, it's a matter of them not wanting to rather than not being able to.

It's not our fault the content is uncontested during the week days. We can't make people show up.
Overall, I'm still down to change weekends to an earlier time. Having the timers be staggered over the week sounds like a mess and unnecessary. Imo, I just feel like you guys would make some alliance anyway to share the boss we can't contest because that is what you all want, isn't it? Reading a lot of these posts sounds like you guys just want to make it so pirates can't show up at all.

Amazing to think that you would want to move more then 1 out of 3 out of NA times on an NA server? When the peak time of players has been said to be later in the day. I have seen so many times how it is "exhausting" or inconvenient for so and so. Do you stop to think that the timer is already pushed as early as it can and still impacts NA players with inconvenient situations? Like it spawns at 5:30pm CST if you work 9-5 you travel home you might have 10 mins to do w/e you need shower, change etc before it spawns. That is just 1 time zone in NA, PST it is at 3:30pm if you work 9-5 you miss at min 1.5-2hours of the boss being up. You act like this timer is in some glorious perfect spot for NA players, but it is not for a weekday this is already pushing the limit.

This is actually a fight over having the majority of boss timers being suited for a player base that is honestly not the majority on the server. This would be proven by the said peak of server activity given. Later patches I think even use Sunday as a boss spawning day, yes Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun, but this is with the garden and more bosses exist.

how is moving a spawn to morning or afternoon "out of NA time zones"?

Pirates prove daily that they can put together the same numbers during mornings or afternoons just in the past week, as I've previously mentioned. You brag that it only takes you 10-15 ppl to do these bosses, yet if the time changes, all of a sudden your 10-15 is "omg nobody can be there aaaaaaaaah"? And I have sided with you all needing to get some protection against alts or leeches taking some of your precious 20 halcy slots during the daytime instance. That sounds like you have more queuing than the 10-15 you claim to need to do the bosses.

As I said before, if it were only 1 set of spawns each week, then sure, NA prime time would be the right time for it. But with 3 spawns a week, it would be a missed opportunity to not allow more players access to endgame content because... reasons? I dont even know your proper argument other than "rawr change bad, west/east bad, pirate freefarm good"

Pirates aren't the only NA people on the server. There are plenty of people that could contest on the week days. Again, it's a matter of them not wanting to rather than not being able to.

It's not our fault the content is uncontested during the week days. We can't make people show up.
Overall, I'm still down to change weekends to an earlier time. Having the timers be staggered over the week sounds like a mess and unnecessary. Imo, I just feel like you guys would make some alliance anyway to share the boss we can't contest because that is what you all want, isn't it? Reading a lot of these posts sounds like you guys just want to make it so pirates can't show up at all.

then take it up with the NA people. This conversation was about getting access for EU and Asian players ALSO. And some NA players have piped up to say they would support EU and Asian players ALSO having access.

right pirates are everytime the victims, we want so bad that you dont get anything it hurts that this not happen asap :(
No rly the only one that dosent want this is the Pirate Faction even so, why nobody voted for the 3h earlier Spawn Time then? or is it because every Spawn Timer would be touched and that wouldnt go well with the Free Farm or something?

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the reason I was disappointed with the option that ONLY weekend spawn times be changed is that the weekend spawn is the only one of the three where it is possible for the 3 major timezone groups to all participate at the current spawn times. Yes, its super early Sunday morning for asia/oce, and super way late at night for EU, but those put it into a day when most people with fulltime jobs will not be working. During the week, it wouldn't be realistic to expect asian/oceanic players to skip school or work and for EU players to stay up all night just to participate.

You actually say that the time is fine if it is a weekend. The issue explained by you is that working people on the weekday can't make it as easy. I can tell you right now that working people from NA couldn't make the time either if it was changed. In no way is their a time that allows all working people from Asia/EU/NA to make the same time. So if the option is to spread out the spawn timer to be one for each group of players... again you might as well treat it like Red Dragon and put it in an instance for everyone, because suiting the timer so much would not create more pvp, just give more farm.

I personally don't mind if the weekend time was changed.. You say that this time is the only one that it is possible for all 3 timezones to come. Yet you choose not to this past weekend already. So to say that changing this one day is not enough b/c it works as is just shows how less interested you are to have a seat at the table as to talk off with it.

right pirates are everytime the victims, we want so bad that you dont get anything it hurts that this not happen asap :(
No rly the only one that dosent want this is the Pirate Faction even so, why nobody voted for the 3h earlier Spawn Time then?

We've already explained why. A lot of pirates have a 9am-5pm job. For me, kraken spawns at 3:30pm. For many others, it's at 6:30pm so it's already a bit of a struggle to show to it on time. If it's moved to 3 hours earlier then literally no one will be able to show other than like 7 pirates max. It's not hard to understand.

And I have sided with you all needing to get some protection against alts or leeches taking some of your precious 20 halcy slots during the daytime instance. That sounds like you have more queuing than the 10-15 you claim to need to do the bosses.

The halcy where slots are taken is at 7pm PST. This is after bosses are spawned and killed, lmao. Early halcy should never be filled by pirates unless it's a weekend. I don't show up to those so I don't know 100%.

We've already explained why. A lot of pirates have a 9am-5pm job. For me, kraken spawns at 3:30pm. For many others, it's at 6:30pm so it's already a bit of a struggle to show to it on time. If it's moved to 3 hours earlier then literally no one will be able to show other than like 7 pirates max. It's not hard to understand.
then i dont understand whats the struggle with the 3 diffrent spawn times ^^ so everyone can be on 1 or 2 Events attend :) or do i see that wrong?
Or did i get you know?

Truth is you guys are not willing to compromise while we are.

Does compromise mean something different on growlgate?

compromise.PNG

So we're clear, a compromise is an agreement where both sides of an argument agree to meet in the middle on a decision. You can google it if you'd like.
"Just show up then" isnt a compromise.
"Play the EU server then" isnt a compromise.
Moving the one time when a handful more people can make it also isnt a compromise as it barely scratches the surface of the issue.
A real compromise would be keeping multiple spawn times through the week that allow players from all regions a chance to compete for content. As has been stated over and over at this point.

I've seen no discussion about east/west working together or alternating wins for earlier spawns, and it would be stupid to even entertain that idea. The 'alliance' was put in place to have some fun and ensure a victory or two over a boss that is stupidly easy to contest and reset by a better geared, more experience opponent.

I do appreciate the victim game here though. First try baiting people into arguments to get the thread locked, and you're putting in some real work on the narrative that everyone just wants to take your content away. Strats! :D

then i dont understand whats the struggle with the 3 diffrent spawn times ^^ so everyone can be on 1 or 2 Events attend :) or do i see that wrong?
Or did i get you know?
At this case they only think about themselves only. If you cant make it in time its not a problem since there will be more rotated spawns especially when saturday stays at the same time. PEOPLE BEEN REPEATING THIS THREAD WAS MADE SO EU/ASIA PLAYERBASE COULD ALSO ATTEND TO KRAKEN/BLACK DRAGON SO WE COULD CHECK IF TIMERS WITH NA WOULD MATCH SOMEHOW ASWELL. Just stop writing in this thread you're writing same nonsenses with every reply you make, clearly can see you only think about yourselves not for overall playerbase.

Or did i get you know?

The struggle is that for many pirates, our goal is to fight over world bosses and content. If we can't show up to it then there's a problem for us and I better not see some dumb comment about how we peace flagged a twt. Many people have different definitions of pvp and to us, 12 vs 60 is not pvp. We can't peace flag the arcadian sea or karkasse anyway so there should be no problem. :)

At this case they only think about themselves only. If you cant make it in time its not a problem since there will be more rotated spawns especially when saturday stays at the same time. PEOPLE BEEN REPEATING THIS THREAD WAS MADE SO EU/ASIA PLAYERBASE COULD ALSO ATTEND TO KRAKEN/BLACK DRAGON SO WE COULD CHECK IF TIMERS WITH NA WOULD MATCH SOMEHOW ASWELL. Just stop writing in this thread you're writing same nonsenses with every reply you make, clearly can see you only think about yourselves not for overall playerbase.

Weekends wouldn't be the same though. It would be moved up earlier. The difference in time zones is too vast for people to be happy. Again, if the most active time is later in the day, it'd make sense for the majority of the spawn times to suit that time. I think changing the weekend is pretty fair. :/

This conversation was about getting access for EU and Asian players ALSO. And some NA players have piped up to say they would support EU and Asian players ALSO having access.
And here I was thinking this conversation was about making content accessible to the mayority and the mayority is on at 8-10 PM EST. You guys need to make up your minds.

The struggle is that for many pirates, our goal is to fight over world bosses and content. If we can't show up to it then there's a problem for us and I better not see some dumb comment about how we peace flagged a twt. Many people have different definitions of pvp and to us, 12 vs 60 is not pvp. We can't peace flag the arcadian sea or karkasse anyway so there should be no problem. :)
You see now the Problem we have? You mentioned for the Pirates if we move the Timers to early, you cant attend if its to late again we cant attend.

Weekends wouldn't be the same though. It would be moved up earlier. The difference in time zones is too vast for people to be happy. Again, if the most active time is later in the day, it'd make sense for the majority of the spawn times to suit that time. I think changing the weekend is pretty fair. :/
Dont see whats "Fair" if we get 1 Chance from 3 Spawns :) thats why the idea with the 3 Spawn Timers

Since we have so many players from EU and ASIA, we should give it a try, i am pretty sure that's not something that you cannot reserve back if everything goes to hell, at the end of the day you are the owner of the server and you can do and undo things at any point of the day and yes, not everyone will be pleased with the changes but something need to be done about it.

Back