What's new

Guide for Weapons?

Kaddaj

Hi im kinda new on archeage and the infos i can find are realy new or just too old to be reliable can i please get a link or guide do weapons?

I too would like a comprehensive " How to - Gearing up in Archeage"
My basic understanding is this

1) Get lv 55 Quest gear
2)Get Auroria/GHA gear
3)Get Obsidian gear
4)Regrade Obsidian gear to Celestial or higher /Acquire Warrior medal instrument, belt, and wrists and gear them up to celestial.
5)Upgrade Celestial obsidian gear to higher tiers.

That is my general understanding of the gearing process in Archeage. But if anyone has more details to add, thoughts, hints, tips, whatever.
comment here or write up a full guide.

I too would like a comprehensive " How to - Gearing up in Archeage"
My basic understanding is this

1) Get lv 55 Quest gear
2)Get Auroria/GHA gear
3)Get Obsidian gear
4)Regrade Obsidian gear to Celestial or higher /Acquire Warrior medal instrument, belt, and wrists and gear them up to celestial.
5)Upgrade Celestial obsidian gear to higher tiers.

That is my general understanding of the gearing process in Archeage. But if anyone has more details to add, thoughts, hints, tips, whatever.
comment here or write up a full guide.
Look Simple enough thanks :D

But how about weapons??
Delphinad,Ayanad,Obsidian and that stuff? i still don't get it how it works

Last edited:
There is an alternative way but it involves much more praying to RNGesus.

It's called crafting. Essentially you want to craft up to Etherium or higher.
Except once you get to illustrious, you have a 1 in 3 of getting an upgradable peice. (I believe it's called Typhoon)
And you need to keep getting the lucky proc in order to progress to a higher tier.
It's pretty expensive right now as Archeum is pricy. But once Auroria opens up, you can bet your biscuits everyone will be growing archeum trees and Regrade braziers and gearing will become much more affordable.

Which means average GS will rise quite a bit.

But your options are basically 2-fold.

Grind mobs to gear up obsidian.
Or
Spend gold to gear up in crafted.

Both will require a LOT of gold and luck to regrade up to celestial or higher.
Also, the Warrior medal belt requires a bunch of boss peices from the hounds of kyrios, who currently are not getting killed daily (Once average GS rises, those peices will become easier to acquire)
The warriors wrists require a dungeon set from Serpentis (which will require a full group of decently gear people to run quickly)
And the Instrument will require a ton of warrior medals (you'll want to get as many of these a day as you can!)

Regrading the warrior belt and wrists is PRETTY intense past celestial, as they are very costly to recreate.

Typically you won't want to Tier up your obsidian level gear until you have regraded it to celestial or higher for two reasons.
1)You'll need to regrade it later anyway, and if you break it at the base level you won't be NEAR as sad as if you had tiered it up and broken it.
2)Theres a chance for it to go up in grade when you tier it up, so you'll want it to celestial so you can reach those hard to get grades if you are lucky!

Look Simple enough thanks :D

But how about weapons??
Delphinad,Ayanad,Obsidian and that stuff? i still don't get it how it works

For Crafted Weapons
For Illustrious-Ayanad, there are 3 ways.

1. The Basic Way - Buy apprentice item from vendor, follow the crafting process all the way up. Illustrious is the first level that starts to mean something. At this point the items you craft are sealed and there are multiple versions of each with different stat types. Also, to continue upgrading you must have the upgradeable version of that weapon type (i.e staff needs to be ocean version to be able to go to next teir; shortspear needs to be winter version, etc.) and you can find out which one you need in the crafting recipe. For this server, upgradeable delphinad is the dream weapon for this period of time.
2. The Armorer's House Way - Currently there are 2 public ones availible in South-West Halcyona (Has many other crafting benches as well) and North-East Sandeep (Church of RNGesus). This house has a special crafting station which allows for reduced proficiency level to do certain weapon levels and also allows you to craft straight to Illustrious. Also, when ever you craft at these benches, you have a chance to get a glowing proc which means it will open with a 100% chance of getting the upgradeable version of that weapon type. I would recommend At least going to Illustrious here. Depending on your proficiency levels and possibly the resources that you grow/deal with, it may be cheaper for you to continue upgrading the basic way once you already have the Illustrious, but you would be losing the opportunity for the glowing proc. Its worth weighting out depending on your situation.
3. Reforging Weapons - When you dont get the version you want, you can even stone the weapon and get wisps from them. These wisps can be reforged into desired tiers, as long as you have the machining level to do so. This is expensive but also there is a method with this once you have enough money to recycle dead end delps into wisps, reforge an epherium, use mats to upgrade up to Delp again and hopefully you get upgradeable. This method takes a good amount of money to jump start but is almost completely self-sustainable with the extra resources that you can resell as long as you make it to delph. This is how so many had Ayanad weapons in Reckoning so quickly.

For Obsidian Weapons
Yes they are crafted weapons but not usually lump in the group when people refer to "crafted weapons".

These are going to be the standard after honor weapons. The perk with these is that you can regrade them at low tiers for cheaper then upgrade them mostly with grind-able mats. The first tier only needs 1 weapon type wisp and a few obsidian shards which are easy to farm in about 10 mins. The expensive part is regrading it to Celestial+ before tiering up, however T7 is currently the the highest power weapon type but the mats to make it are very hard to obtain and the other mats that are purchasable will be expensive.

Keep in mind, most wont even begin upgrading tiers until celestial. Some will take armor items to T5 as celestial but I barely see anyone take a weapon to T5 unless its Divine. Most will tell you an item should be Epic+ if you want to make it worth while to reach T6-T7.

Edit: Added typical obsidian regrade levels for highest tier deemed worth.

Last edited:
Back