What's new

[Forum Event] Musical battle

Best ArcheRage Band / Best ArcheRage Single Musician

• Band: Dischord (Delarme (Drums); Sire (Guitar); Iiqhtninq (Piano))

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • Band: Y.W.A (YATAS WITH ATTITUDE) (Hksekai, Eek, Peep)

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • Band: Potato Pirates (Charliyee, Jaminjah, Zip)

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Band: Bard Marley & The Swipettes (Bard (Guitar), Smokahontas (Drums), Kyuko (Bass), Beck (Dancer))

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Single Musician: Iiqhtninq (IGN: Iiqhtninq)

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Single Musician: Delarme (IGN: Delarme)

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Single Musician: CutestTrap (IGN: CutestTrap)

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Single Musician: ephenay (IGN: Ephenay)

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Single Musician: EEK (ING: Eek)

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Single Musician: Jet (IGN: Jet)

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
archeage music event.jpg

Musical battle
Time for our musicians to entertain ArcheRagers and show their talents.

You have your own ArcheRage band. - Participate.
You don't have your band but love this activity. - Gather your friends, talanted ArcheRagers and other active players, create your own band and participate.
You are a single musician but love creating and playing music. - We have a place for you in this event as well. Join and participate.

In this event you can participate with a band or as a single musician. You'd like to try and participate in both categories of the event - then go ahead.

Rules
For bands:
  • Band needs to include not less than 3 members. Make one video 3-5 minutes long. At least 3 types of instruments should be used.​
  • Include your band members ING.​
  • Make sure to provide your band name and a little band story.​

For single musician:
  • Compose a video with 3-5 musical compositions. Make one video 3-5 minutes long. At least 2 types of instruments should be used (1 type of instrument per composition).​
  • Include your ING.​
  • Include a little story "Why I decided to become a musician".​

Server staff will choose 5 bands and 5 single musicians in 1 week. Players will have a chance to vote for the band/musician from chosen within 24 hours after top 5 is announced. According to the players votes winners places will be chosen. If votes for several bands/players are equal, staff makes a final decision on the player's place.

Rewards
For bands:
1st place - 9000 credits per band + title "Music Band God" per player.
2nd place - 8000 credits per band + title "Music Band God" per player.
3rd place - 7000 credits per band + title "Music Band God" per player.

For single musicians:
1st place - 3000 credits + title "Musical Genius"
2nd place - 2000 credits + title "Musical Genius"
3rd place - 1000 credits + title "Musical Genius"

Music Band God title.jpg
Misical Genius.jpg

Top 5 from each category will be announced on 5/16.

Edit: event extended till 5/18. Players will have a chance to vote for their favorite musician/band within weekend, till Monday (5/21) morning.

Last edited:
Sweet! I'll have to gather up some folks for this one for sure.

Quick question, for the band entry, does the video require the members to synchronize ig or through a compiled video? I've seen this done both ways due to the lack of sync mechanic aside from countdown.

Sweet! I'll have to gather up some folks for this one for sure.

Quick question, for the band entry, does the video require the members to synchronize ig or through a compiled video? I've seen this done both ways due to the lack of sync mechanic aside from countdown.

Try to synchronize it. Up to you to play all together there or one by one or make music jam. Compiled video with each band player recorded separately and than combined in 1 video will not look like the actual band.

Can we use some old videos for solo entry or it has to be recorded on ArcheRage NA? I'm using the same nickname and I can change description of video to prove it's mine. I had 230k Artistry on Kyprosa and 180k on ArcheRage RU, getting to 230k artistry here would take... Well. All 230k Labor Points - just to record the same video once more.

Can we use some old videos for solo entry or it has to be recorded on ArcheRage NA? I'm using the same nickname and I can change description of video to prove it's mine. I had 230k Artistry on Kyprosa and 180k on ArcheRage RU, getting to 230k artistry here would take... Well. All 230k Labor Points - just to record the same video once more.

As event is for ArcheRage NA, only videos from this server can be accepted.

Define 3-5 musical compositions? Sheets of music (game item) or songs. I have several pieces that take 3 minutes to play on their own by chaining sheets, even one that takes 16 minutes for one play through (I wont enter that one).

It would actually be fun to have this event in game as well.

Note to other players, you only need 180k to make and play famed sheets perfectly. Still a lot sure, but you don't need to spend a famed slot on it.

Last edited:
Define 3-5 musical compositions? Sheets of music (game item) or songs. I have several pieces that take 3 minutes to play on their own by chaining sheets, even one that takes 16 minutes for one play through (I wont enter that one).

It would actually be fun to have this event in game as well.

3-5 songs. Cut them and play short piece from each if they are too long.

Not worth cutting up a song, I think that would be worse. Ill just select shorter songs. Just wanted to know how 'song' was being counted. I think the maximum time limit is to help tamp down on people with 180k artistry as it favors short and faster music.

Last edited:
Had to push this out quick so I can prep for finals.

Single musician:

IGN: Iiqhtninq
Artistry Proficiency: Master

0:07 - Virus, Beethoven
1:31 - Chain Girl
2:37 - Flower Dance, DJ Okawari

I have played many MMORPGs throughout my life, but Archeage is the first that truly felt gave an open experience with so much to do. It even has an artistry skill which seemed like so much fun, which is how I got started on artistry just because this is the first time I’ve experienced this type of mechanic in an MMO. I played on Kyrios live with a Firran that had either Maestro or Virtuoso, it was a longer time ago, I think before 2.5 so can’t remember. After hearing about this private server, thought it was a great time to come back and decided to wait till the 3.0 Archerage update as I wanted to try out the new races. And now here I am starting a new adventure in Archerage. So far it has been a blast and I am having even more fun here than I ever did at live. Currently only at master artistry but it’s all in good fun, thought I give it a shot.
(PS. Archeage artistry actually encouraged me to start learning Piano IRL back in live.)

'Archerage

Last edited:
Not worth cutting up a song, I think that would be worse. Ill just select shorter songs. Just wanted to know how 'song' was being counted. I think the maximum time limit is to help tamp down on people with 180k artistry as it favors short and faster music.
I'd be surprised if you're not one of the winners. :)

Single musician:

IGN: Impalix
Artistry Proficiency: Celebrity
Why I decided to become a musician: Honestly i play archeage mostly for music.I have lost countless hours to transform midi files to archeage music format and that gives me extreme satisfaction if the song sounds great at the end. But with just 3 tracks is rly hard to find songs suitable for transformation thats why u have to keep going .Anyway its enough fun for me .
The first song is North Korea and the last is the United States anthems.The 4th and 5th are dedicated to my beloved Burrito.
Cheers(my english is not that good sorry).

Last edited:
IGN: Delarme
Artistry Proficiency: Famed

First Composition: Mario World 1
Second Composition: Now We are Free - Hans Zimmer - From the movie Gladiator. Had to cut this one short for time sake.
Third Composition: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Eric Idle - From the movie Life of Brian - Monty Python

I did not edit any audio for the video, the fadeout at the end is part of the sheet. I created the MML transcriptions for each of these compositions myself.

I just enjoy music and have always have had an affinity to how music actually works. I started out really rusty and was able to use ArcheAge to relearn many things that I have lost over the years as well as rekindle some of my passion for music. I was able to pick the skill back up and transform standard notation sheet music into MML sheet music. I have always enjoyed sharing with others, and assisting others in learning exactly how the MML system in archeage works. If you need any assistance feel free to reach out!

I play music IRL so I thought it would be fun to do some stuff on AA. I haven't done music in a while but Delarme told me about this little gathering so I figured I would post some of the work I did in the past. Hearing you guys is inspiring! Thank you!

IGN: Glokra
Music Prof: Famed

"
"

CCR
Lady GAGA
Carol of Bells
BACH

I see that not many people are interested in taking part as a band so I'll just leave my video here if you want some ideas how to do that:

Before anybody asks - yes, I have recorded that 4 times with the same character in different clothes and with different instruments; no, I'm not taking part in event because it wasn't recorded on the AR NA server but we can make a deal and I can record video of your band.

Single musician:

IGN: CutestTrap
Artistry Proficiency: Authority

My motivation? I have always loved playing music on archeage especially when sailing this is my favorite proficiency i love collecting rare instruments like the Violin, Echo and hopefully more in the future. Some may know me as the loli maid bard that plays at marianople. Artistry has made me so many new friends that includes reds. Artistry is one of the main things that got me back to archeage and it's something that makes me want to continue playing. I have played since archaege beta and Artistry is the main thing that keeps me coming back for more!

Back