What's new

Suggestions

That depends on there purpose and cost.
Give us ideas to use and possibly. Though just adding more tradepacks for gold is something we won't do

So, here's an idea I had way back when I was playing on Retail and all the land had been grabbed by hackers and land barons, forcing the poor plebs like myself to live in 8x8 hobo shacks: Purchasable/rentable city buildings, apartments and rooms.

One of the things I've noticed about AA's world is that the major cities seem to be full of fully modelled, explorable, but otherwise totally empty buildings. And seeing as land itself is often at a premium, even in this version of the game, I found myself wondering; why not put all these buildings to use?

For those of you unsure of what I mean, here's an example of a house in Two Crowns which you can enter and explore but is totally empty of NPCs, furniture, or anything:

403bb4e0b2.png

01e80886ed.png

9a73c826e2.png

Essentially, the system would work like this:

Various buildings or rooms in major cities (or even some of the towns, why not?) would be "rentable" in exchange for a weekly payment of tax certificates and perhaps a bit of gold, too. If you rented out one of these buildings, you could place objects and furniture in it and use it as a custom teleport location just like a normal player owned house. However, with perhaps a few exceptions there wouldn't be any "farm" space. Instead it'd just be a place to keep storage items, regal crafting gear, beds and so on.

Prices would naturally vary depending on where you went. The house I showed in the screenshots is a massive two story mansion, so it'd probably run you quite a bit of rent/taxes, but if you just wanted, say, a small apartment room in a bigger complex or an inn or something, somewhere to dump a little chest to keep your excess whatevers, you could probably grab it a lot cheaper.

These buildings would differ from player land in a few ways, but two notable ones would be that they cannot be sold via certificate to other players, and you can only occupy one of these "premade" buildings at a time, to prevent a single player buying out an entire city's worth of buildings.

If a player fails to pay their rent and taxes on time, all furniture and stored items they have placed in the building or room will be returned to them via mail and the property will become available to another tenant.

Pretty much, pros vs cons compared to player housing:

Pros:
- Cheaper and easier to obtain than a player house.
- Requires no building materials or labour investment to be usable.
- Allows players who can't find land anywhere else to have a place to use storage items/crafting items/beds.
- Good for RP purposes.
- Fleshes out the world a bit more and makes all those otherwise pointless buildings in the cities and towns actually serve a purpose.

Cons:
- Can only occupy a single rented building at a time (unaffected by player houses/farms)
- Little to no farming land in majority of rented buildings, with many buildings having no "yard" at all.
- Cannot be remodelled or repositioned.

Now obviously this is a pretty major suggestion and I'm not even sure it's possible within the AcheRage developer's toolkits. But it was an idea I pitched on the old Trion-Run AA boards literal years ago that got pretty much no attention because it would have made the game more accessible to f2p players and we all know how that company feels about people playing their free-to-play MMO without emptying out their wallets every 3 seconds.

Would be interested to know what the devs think of this idea, and if it's even possible at all.

This is an amazing idea, it really is. But to implement it as buyable, buildable, etc is, unfortunatly.... impossible.... the game has a system around the housing areas to snap trees, etc and to implement each of those houses as buildable... would break the mold. Meaning if they actually could code in the 16x16 or 24x24 the system wouldn't think "oh, XXXX owns this land" it would think, "wtf is this" and crash the entire server. Coding in furnature, etc at player build? Possible crashes at that house location. Or worse you can plant trees inside the house and on top of it. It would be broken. Or you can buy it but not spawn a thing!!! It's really unpredictable at a coding stand point sorry bud.

@Sjinderson I was wondering, based on my experience leveling up, if it's possible around level 40 if we could get a chest that let's us choose level 40 basic - grande <green> gear. Cloth/leather/plate uppers and lowers. Around 40 you are still struggling each side quest etc for gear and never feel actually strong. Just something for the new players to go "omg thank you Archerage" it will make new players feel welcomed. :)

@snownova do not try to provide ansers for why thing cannot happen using coding examples as reasons. what you have stated is purely speculation of the system and not accurate.
About adding level 40 gear we are not going to add anything for that as it doesn't serve a point. You'd only replace it with the level 50 reward gear in less than an hour.

@snownova do not try to provide ansers for why thing cannot happen using coding examples as reasons. what you have stated is purely speculation of the system and not accurate.
About adding level 40 gear we are not going to add anything for that as it doesn't serve a point. You'd only replace it with the level 50 reward gear in less than an hour.
1) no problem, just trying to explain at a spec point, so its not just a "Not gonna happen, next"
2) alright, no problem.

I have a simple suggestion: Let all characters on an account pay land taxes.

At the moment, all characters on the one account can use (and build) farms and houses. But only the character who 'owns' the property can pay the taxes on it.

This is very annoying. I'd love to see this changed, if it's possible :).

Is it possible to add x10 or x100 to building the Reedwind towers? Such that if I have to tap it 249 times, I can just tap it twice for the 200, 4 times for the 40, and 9 times for the 9?

- "Add a 230k proficiency version to all specialty packs from pack machine that cotsts 5x more materials, labor and pay 5x the price at the gold trader, but with the same weight as normal packs in price rate". Not quite clear, please explain.

Example:
* Normal Pack (x40 barley and x60 trimmed meat), 70 labor to craft and 50 to sell. Pay 14g
* Fammed "230k proficiency" Pack (x160 barley and x240 trimmed meat) 280 labor to craft and 50 labor to sell. Pay 56g

This is just to reduce fatigue making packs due to the x4 labor regen.

This is an amazing idea, it really is. But to implement it as buyable, buildable, etc is, unfortunatly.... impossible.... the game has a system around the housing areas to snap trees, etc and to implement each of those houses as buildable... would break the mold. Meaning if they actually could code in the 16x16 or 24x24 the system wouldn't think "oh, XXXX owns this land" it would think, "wtf is this" and crash the entire server. Coding in furnature, etc at player build? Possible crashes at that house location. Or worse you can plant trees inside the house and on top of it. It would be broken. Or you can buy it but not spawn a thing!!! It's really unpredictable at a coding stand point sorry bud.

Oh, the idea I had entailed no building at all and very minimal/possibly no farming space at all. The idea was simply to convert the already existing, fully built but unfurnished rooms into areas that could be "owned" and classed as "house", so furniture items, workbenches, storage chests and so on could be placed in them. The upsides being that they'd be cheaper and more plentiful than player owned land plots, and wouldn't require any actual building or anything from players, but would offer little-to-no farming room and couldn't be modified like player homes can.

I still know it's an unlikely feature to ever see light of day, as it would entail converting land into ownable land and implementing a whole new batch of vendors, code strings, ect... To manage the ownership of said land. Not to mention it would probably require exhaustive testing that is outside the limits of what the AR devs have at their disposal. But it was just an idea I figured I'd air out anyway.

Would it be possible to add features to the community tab (shift+V default), more specifically the guild section, that allows me to organize/filter the roster by "Name", "Level", "Zone", etc. (the existing columns)? Basically, you click the word "Name" Above your roster and then it organizes the roster by name. It'd be a small, but welcome, change that would make Guild Management a bit easier in my opinion. If I'm not mistaken, similar filtering options are available via the teleport book.

Any possibility for a larger arena with more players on each team, a big map would be awesome :D
I've been scouring the suggestions thread for a bit now and your arena idea gave me an arena idea @Epic. Similar to what @Sjinderson said though, I'm not sure if people would queue for it. What would people think about a "Sparring" Free for all arena? Basically, it'd be the same FFA we all know- but it would include the balance of gearing from Sparring to create a "noob-friendly" environment to practice new classes in a small scale PvP scenario. I'd assume a lot of people avoid FFA due to gearing differences, and not wishing to be stomped by somebody with much better gear than them, so this would create a much less intimidating environment to learn and grow in.

It could even have lesser rewards as it would be considered a casual format. Of course, this is all assuming that the sparring arena buffs would carry over well to an eight-person free for all arena instead of a 1 versus 1 fight (which typically involves playing a class, and making decisions, differently).

A potion that gives 100 infamy, and put it in honor shop / rng box rotation like Draught's of Infamy are.

I have a few suggestions to make :

#1 : Add equip effect to Ayanad instrument, Weapons/sheild and armor
This would encourage people to start crafting again and people would buy more of them since no point of crafting instrument and 1h weapons for off-hand at the moment. It would be nice as well if you could add a Ayanad Magic sheild Def. For Armor to add equip effect same as obsidian but 1/2 the equip effect since they have set bonus.

#2: Add Divine Anchoring x2 synthesis
I would like that craft to be added in the receipes, keep the celestial x2 in boxes.

I wanna extend my support for these two specifically:

Obviously x2 Divine Anchoring charms would be awesome to synthesize, some of us go through so many divine anchor charms and it really sucks to not be able to make the x2 ones.

As for equip effects on Illustrious - Ayanad instruments (I think its the instruments that need them the most), I think this is a great idea because as of right now absolutely nobody makes the crafted instruments except for the purpose of getting Musical Mana Wisps because the physical / magic defense equip effects on Obsidian Instruments is just too great to pass up. This would really stimulate the economy and reduce the price of musical mana wisps by bringing the crafted instruments into relevance. For Flute's it'd be added Physical Defense, and Lute's would be added Magic Defense.

Can we get a full heal after a duel? or at least replenish the HP lost during a duel? And maybe if it's possible to fix the bug of staying in battle after a duel?

Back