What's new

Suggestions

On the "No Free Land" problem.
1) this problem should be addressed;
2) just to limit number of properties owned by account (discussed above) - does not solve the problem; it would hit active real players who play lot of time and use many houses, but would not touch passive "idle" players who keep land empty just to sink some LP.
Proposed:
Change tax certificate craft recipe (just 2 constants in program code):
- now it is: 5 TC = 300LP + 5 coppers;
- should be: 5 TC = 1000LP + 1 gold.

2) just to limit number of properties owned by account (discussed above) - does not solve the problem; it would hit active real players who play lot of time and use many houses, but would not touch passive "idle" players who keep land empty just to sink some LP.
Proposed:

11 properties in just two different housing zones just went down this past weekend, and at least 3 different guilds were at each demo. There isn't a "no free land" problem, there is a "people who want land aren't looking hard enough" problem. And how can you be so ignorant to your own statements by saying "limiting properties would hit active players who play the game" then suggest a tax certificate change TRIPLING the amount of labor required to make taxes which would directly hit active players who play the game?

Last edited:
I have a suggestion that i've been thinking about for a while.. Is it possible to create a global chat where everyone from each faction may talk on. I've always wondered why Archeage never had that and it makes the game feel less social. Hell they even removed faction chat with later patches which lowered even more social activity. It would be nice to talk to players on the opposite faction in a casual setting.

I have a suggestion that i've been thinking about for a while.. Is it possible to create a global chat where everyone from each faction may talk on. I've always wondered why Archeage never had that and it makes the game feel less social. Hell they even removed faction chat with later patches which lowered even more social activity. It would be nice to talk to players on the opposite faction in a casual setting.

I mean, they probably removed Faction chat because have you SEEN the toxicity people have towards each other, especially someone who is from your same nation and is now PN or Pirate? The game isn't set up to have you be social with everyone, because then it's just a dick-measuring contest and chat would be infinitely more flooded with toxicity than it is now.

Would it be possible for Devs to just use the single planted Coral/Pearl model but make it BIGGER? i.e. reuse existing models in new way
That would be an interesting possibility if so...

So in the new event... There is a GIANT FESTIVAL GIFT EXCHANGER

Ww7RDW2.png

This SURELY means that LARGE CORALS can be used as the model for a Coral bundle... same as for other Aqua farmed items, just use a GIANT model of something that already exists :D

Proposed:

Do NOT limit properties. It is PLAYERS OWN PEROGATIVE to own multiple land items which INTURN causes them to HAVE to pay more Tax as a result. Especially after the 7 Properties. Tax ramps up very quickly afterwards.

I agree with Velorra's statements WHOLLY
11 properties in just two different housing zones just went down this past weekend, and at least 3 different guilds were at each demo. There is "no free land" problem, there is a "people who want land aren't looking hard enough" problem. And how can you be so ignorant to your own statements by saying "limiting properties would hit active players who play the game" then suggest a tax certificate change TRIPLING the amount of labor required to make taxes which would directly hit active players who play the game?

Also TRIPLING tax from 300 Labor to 1k labor will ONLY hurt new players. It makes it so that they have to DUMP more labor into merely getting a farm on which to grow crops and other things that will aid them in making items...

Under your system a new player looking to say purchased a certed Upgraded Thatched Farmhouse at the non 230k Construction Prof... so under your 1000 LP system per 5 Tax Certificates.... They'd have to pay the BASE tax rate of 25 Tax Certificates.

This Would put the NEW player back a WHOLE 5000LP just for the Tax alone per week that they could spend on something else!

Obviously there are MORE arguements to be made as to why your suggestions are outright bad but I'm trying to address the things that made me feel the most vitriolic.

Last edited:
I mean, they probably removed Faction chat because have you SEEN the toxicity people have towards each other, especially someone who is from your same nation and is now PN or Pirate? The game isn't set up to have you be social with everyone, because then it's just a dick-measuring contest and chat would be infinitely more flooded with toxicity than it is now.

I disagree, faction chat is and can be useful and the toxicity is more sarcasm than otherwise, reading from the outside we shouldn't assume people hate one another to death, only that they may be playing us for a bit of fun between themselves.
It's very entertaining in my opinion to see the smack down go down.
That if at all happens very rarely on the hours that I am online.... This may be confirmation bias at work...

Do NOT limit properties. It is PLAYERS OWN PEROGATIVE to own multiple land items which INTURN causes them to HAVE to pay more Tax as a result. Especially after the 7 Properties. Tax ramps up very quickly afterwards.
I agree with Velorra's statements WHOLLY ....
xkf2 - before commenting some text, please, read the text. Definitely I'm AGAINST limiting number of properties, no use to explain me this obvious things. And what I suggest is to INCREASE the cost of ownership, so the player itself decide to pay or not pay, like you say "PLAYERS OWN PEROGATIVE".

And immediately in the next line you start calculating how much LP cost new player to keep his farmhouse.
It cost him ZERO LP.
Because he has NO FARMHOUSE.
And he CAN'T get it. Until earn thousands of gold to buy 24x24.

Also TRIPLING tax from 300 Labor to 1k labor ....
Of course, I've expected this sharp reaction from players never playing Trino servers. I calculate it for you - how much taxes player can craft per week:
Offi payed patron: 1440 * 2 * 7 / 200 * 5= 504
Now free patron: 1440 * 8 * 7 / 200 * 5 = 2016
My suggestion: 1440 * 8 * 7 / 666 * 5 = 605

My suggested recipe gives MORE tax certificates than official servers (605 vs 504), and if you own so many properties - earn enough money to buy tradable certificates from market.

None even paid attention to the gold component of tax craft. If you do not play and do not earn money - you can't craft taxes for long time.

Edited: what if:
1000LP + 1g
vs
500LP + 3g ?

Of course, I've expected this sharp reaction from players never playing Trino servers. I calculate it for you - how much taxes player can craft per week:
Offi payed patron: 1440 * 2 * 7 / 200 * 5= 504
Now free patron: 1440 * 8 * 7 / 200 * 5 = 2016
My suggestion: 1440 * 8 * 7 / 666 * 5 = 605

My suggested recipe gives MORE tax certificates than official servers (605 vs 504), and if you own so many properties - earn enough money to buy tradable certificates from market.

None even paid attention to the gold component of tax craft. If you do not play and do not earn money - you can't craft taxes for long time.

Edited: what if:
1000LP + 1g
vs
500LP + 3g ?

Why do I play here? Because I don't want to WORK like u had to do it on TRION servers(constant worrying about apex and all that shit which comes with it), so just no f'in thank you... The main point of bigger LP gain is to decrease the burdens and grievances that happened on TRION. You expect people to be in a game like a job always capping and using that LP up? Ultimately land barons already have enough cash to upkeep whatever u propose, u'll just knee-cap new players, cause for a new player 1g is a lot... What are you trying to solve with this? As a new player I'd rather spend that LP earning gold and buying the property than making 50 tax certificates, which btw per ur suggestion will cost 10g.... Don't forget u need tax certificates to place, to upgrade, to upkeep....
Suggestion score: how to cripple the game? 10 out 10, how to improve the game? 0 out 10..

With a bit of irony, from what I gather the best solution for you is to just disable tax crafting all together, cause - why not xD Make people buy it for credits, let's make it APEX-like... It will surely kill the server, but no worries NO LAND problem will be solved.

Last edited:
I'm a new player, first of all.
And this is my view how to solve the problem with property.
Your score 0/10 - its just your opinion.
I see 2 evils.
1) land barons - keep many plots for sale, high LP rate helps them
2) idle players - play 3 min per day to (5000LP -> 125 cert), pay taxes and exit.
Ultimately land barons already have enough cash to upkeep whatever u propose
They have enough cash and enough LP, I want to cut their LP.
Cash: 1g to craft cert - to hit 2) idle players; they need to earn gold to keep idle playing.

Once again:
2 components:
increase LP to hit land barons;
increase craft cost in gold to hit idle players.

>> As a new player I'd rather spend that LP earning gold and buying the property than making 50 tax certificates
no RATHER.
BOTH.
FIRST - you spend LP to earn gold or GS, and take free spot 24x24
NEXT - you spend LP and gold to keep you spot up and running.

I'm a new player, first of all.
And this is my view how to solve the problem with property.
Your score 0/10 - its just your opinion.
I see 2 evils.
1) land barons - keep many plots for sale, high LP rate helps them
2) idle players - play 3 min per day to (5000LP -> 125 cert), pay taxes and exit.

They have enough cash and enough LP, I want to cut their LP.
Cash: 1g to craft cert - to hit 2) idle players; they need to earn gold to keep idle playing.

Once again:
2 components:
increase LP to hit land barons;
increase craft cost in gold to hit idle players.

>> As a new player I'd rather spend that LP earning gold and buying the property than making 50 tax certificates
no RATHER.
BOTH.
FIRST - you spend LP to earn gold or GS, and take free spot 24x24
NEXT - you spend LP and gold to keep you spot up and running.

Finally - u communicated. You just want FREE LAND, and no matter the cost - everyone else can burn.
It's a finite world, so obviously not everyone from day 1 will have land and its a good thing - why? Because everyone can interact with your land its IN the world not locked behind some instanced portal, who no one cares about. And do you have to pay for it? Yes(No, if you find an expiring spot and manage to grab it or even find free 16x16 which still happens, guildie found it few days ago)? So in the long run - u pay once and u can have your land indefinitely as long as u pay the taxes, AND land has VALUE so u can sell it later...
Crude example: on TRION u pay $$ for patron and THEN acquire land(and keep paying $$/APEX each month), whereas here u pay gold to the PLAYER and acquire land and just upkeep it with your labor and nothing else attached? Sorry mate, but I prefer the system here. If you don't wanna pay, find expiring spots and grab them... even if you don't need them- grab them and sell them and buy where u want... You can earn gold by not having land: farming coin purse, delivering packs, fishing etc. Finding guild to share their land to get you started, maybe family... its not a lone warrior game... It's an MMO with ppl in it... You start with nothing, but gradually move up in the world and get land later, don't see a problem with that.

On the side note, the staff already mentioned, that they are on some housing area project and will increase the availability of land. So no need for your penalties on the current player base.

Last edited:
Finally - u communicatedю You just want FREE LAND
So you got the idea of "land problem" only right now ?
Then why you spend so many words arguing ?
We discuss the problem with land, it means that no free land, and yes, I want some land be free. What a suprize ?
"... no matter the cost - everyone else can burn" - this is just your imagination, you spend so much time explaining me what you think about what I think ... :/

So you got the idea of "land problem" only right now ?
Then why you spend so many words arguing ?
We discuss the problem with land, it means that no free land, and yes, I want some land be free. What a suprize ?
"... no matter the cost - everyone else can burn" - this is just your imagination, you spend so much time explaining me what you think about what I think ... :/

Since you're not reading or listening, no point discussing it further. You want free land? Check expiring properties and go grab them. Don't wanna do that? Stop posting ridiculous suggestions on forums kkthxbye.

P.S. I'm not angry at you in any way, but when people don't listen, no point discussing.

Last edited:
Finally - u communicated. You just want FREE LAND
BTW, I play for 2 weeks.
And, yup, I want some land be free.
But 4 days ago I bought nice swept roof cottage in Hola Hollow for 2000g.
One more is available for 1500g. Cheaper, but boring slate design.
So honestly, any player sooner or later can buy some property.

BTW, I play for 2 weeks.
And, yup, I want some land be free.
But 4 days ago I bought nice swept roof cottage in Hola Hollow for 2000g.
One more is available for 1500g. Cheaper, but boring slate design.
So honestly, any player sooner or later can buy some property.

You want free land? Check expiring properties and go grab them.

Sometimes you kinda have to read the room to understand where your mindset compares to those of us who have been here for months in comparison to your 2 weeks. 4 new players (and I mean 3 days old) found land right next to the fellowship my guild owns and are on their way to making their own neighborhood next to us. 3 new Cinderstone plots opened up in the last 48 hours. Half a dozen Windscour and Perinoor properties demo'd in the last 3 days. I know about this and only have logged on 2 hours a day at most this past week. This is a HUGE problem for you because it completely contradicts every single solitary thing you've been saying about land not being available. And then the worst part is you try to validate it by saying you dropped gold on land worth about 2/3 as much as you paid for it. You are doing this whole "proving your point about land" thing absolutely backwards.

Sometimes you kinda have to read the room to understand where your mindset compares to those of us who have been here for months in comparison to your 2 weeks. 4 new players (and I mean 3 days old) found land right next to the fellowship my guild owns and are on their way to making their own neighborhood next to us. 3 new Cinderstone plots opened up in the last 48 hours. Half a dozen Windscour and Perinoor properties demo'd in the last 3 days. I know about this and only have logged on 2 hours a day at most this past week. This is a HUGE problem for you because it completely contradicts every single solitary thing you've been saying about land not being available. And then the worst part is you try to validate it by saying you dropped gold on land worth about 2/3 as much as you paid for it. You are doing this whole "proving your point about land" thing absolutely backwards.
I have to read this ? Binary dump of glorifying yourself ?

@oriola

Veterans who have been on the servers for months are trying to tell you that there is no land problem. A new player can't simply buy a design and place it down anywhere but they can save their money to purchase a plot when one becomes available. Limiting people's ability to maintain their properties hurts a majority of the playerbase while the ones with those large estates have more than enough resources to manage them. In the end housing is a limited resource. How these resources change hands is a part of the game and we shouldn't change this for the small majority that don't wish to take the time to search and wait for an opportunity. If anything I always wished this game had a rent option. That would help fix everyone's concerns across the board. Land barons would have an option to make them some easy money while other players can use the land temporarily to gather resources.

@witchbell
"Veterans who have been on the servers for months are trying to tell you that there is no land problem."
Thanks for helping me interpret the discussion.
Veterans tell a lie.
Because they are veterans. "been on the servers for months" YES ... they got hand on the property all around 3 continents, and naturally they feel OK and hate every change.
Just follow the advise of "veteran" Velorra and "read the room". You find dedicated thread about land property, and more discussions on the topic.
So land problem exist. Its not my invention. I just made the suggestion.

"Limiting people's ability to maintain their properties hurts a majority of the playerbase while the ones with those large estates have more than enough resources to manage them." - WRONG. Quite opposite. Do you seriously believe in your statement ?
Players with 1 2 3 properties even dont notice the change, having 11000 LP per day.
But land baron having 5+ properties, should spend most of his LP pool for certificates.

Witchbell is reading the room perfectly fine. Land is demoing daily. Just because you can't find it because you're not looking hard enough doesn't mean there's a problem. New guilds have been popping up at demos spanning across all 3 continents and winning them. New players are constantly finding land to plant without a need to pay gold for it. Just because a complaint or ideology exists doesn't mean the problem exists. A website exists for Flat Earth, do you believe that just because there are people who BELIEVE something exists, it must be a truth that should be explored and debugged even though 99% of the population says/believes/knows otherwise?

But land baron having 5+ properties, should spend most of his LP pool for certificates.

Sorry mate, but Witchbell is right in that players with large estates have more than enough resources to manage them. Those with large estates are probably making more than enough gold to purchase tax certs right off the Auction House (230k Construction proficiency lets you make tradeable ones), and tax certs are less than a gold each last I checked. When someone is making thousands of gold a week with their voodoo magic, buying tax certs is nothing. Your suggestion ensures that newer players spend all their labor on tax certs and therefore can't spend any of their labor making gold, and the established players can just spend labor on making more money and holding onto their land via other means.

Back