What's new

Crafting Design Missing

tzezuko

Hi! As of patch 3.5 the "Dimensional Storage Chest Design" is not in game. Carpentry vendors are not selling it and it is not available for purchase at Mirage. The chest is there but there is no option to buy it when standing in front of the item at Mirage Island. This design is necessary to make the following items:

Archeologist's Storage Chest
Pagemaster's Storage Chest
Splendid Costume Chest
Hummingbird Storage Chest
Joyride Vault
Brainstorm Storage Chest

Can you please add this back to the game ASAP >< Thanks so much

Attachments

• ScreenShot0085.jpg
    ScreenShot0085.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 526
The chest was intentionally removed to limit the number of otherworld chests a building can have.
Post it in the suggestions thread and we'll look into bringing it back

That's odd, this happened on live as well but it was an oversight and they brought the chests back after people pointed this out. Also, why wouldn't the crafting recipe be removed from the portfolio if this was intended? This is literally exactly the same thing that happened when 3.5 came out. But sure, i'll post it in suggestions as well.

Live removed it for that reason of limiting otherworld storage.
Many people complained about it and there was never an answer given to why. Far as I was aware it was never added back

Nope, they were added back. I just made a bunch on live in fact. Also the fact that the recipes and the building decor limit showing how many dimensional storage chests allowed per house was never removed kinda proves that it wasn't an intended design change so much as an oversight.

No it was intentional. The fact it was still sellable in 3.0 was considered a bug fix for 3.5

The chest was intentionally removed to limit the number of otherworld chests a building can have.
Post it in the suggestions thread and we'll look into bringing it back

but.. afaik the dimensional chests had a different slot entirely than otherworld chests? And I always loved having mine, especially now the one for music sheets here on private server since I took up artistry, it helps a lot.

That's exactly what I'm saying...it was a snafu that they fixed on live. I'm just hoping that it will get fixed here quicker than it was on live because they are super useful and needed!

but.. afaik the dimensional chests had a different slot entirely than otherworld chests? And I always loved having mine, especially now the one for music sheets here on private server since I took up artistry, it helps a lot.
It uses the regular decorations slots. You can have a lot of them on one place.

That's exactly what I'm saying...it was a snafu that they fixed on live. I'm just hoping that it will get fixed here quicker than it was on live because they are super useful and needed!
"Fixed an issue that the discontinued Dimensional Chest design was sold at Carpentry Merchants"
It is not there intentionally because they discontinued it to restrict it to one otherworld chest per house

It uses the regular decorations slots. You can have a lot of them on one place.

This is incorrect.

I know for a fact that there is separate slots for dimensional chests in houses only. For example, my manor can have one dimensional chest, while the upgraded plaza I used to have on live server had space for 2 or 3. Yet, it is impossible to place any dimensional chest on a farm or gazebo (I tried that the day I was remodeling my house), while an otherworld chest does work.

Edit: I played on live from 2015 till 2018 and there has always been the slots for dimensional chests alongside the slots for otherworld chest and regular chests.

Edit 2: screenshots
manor 1 slot, treehouse 2 slots
upload_2019-7-10_15-23-36.png
upload_2019-7-10_15-24-59.png

Last edited:
@Sjinderson
Please see the above post. This is what I'm talking about. The otherworldly storage chest is a completely different item from dimensional storage chests. It has been that way forever IIRC. I've been playing Archeage since closed beta and yeah, they made a lot of changes, but this is one that they 'fixed' after it was removed. Yes the line you mention was in the Erenor Eternal patchnotes - but when we asked for clarification, the same Admin that posted "Fixed an issue that the discontinued Dimensional Chest design was sold at Carpentry Merchants." on
6/0/2017 also responded to multiple inquiries about it being gone in the following thread

( http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?329022-Dimentional-Storage-Chest-PSA-Muzzy-Celestrata)

This was never actually resolved as an issue. It was not a discontinued item. The Salvage Forges were. Celestrata and Muzzy both were submitting inquiries to XL Games for an official response which was never given; instead, suddenly months later, we could craft the chests again and the designs returned. This became one of many issues with Live that left us distrusting them. I'm really hoping to avoid this here as it doesn't break the game and will actually promote the game's economy more since it's more materials funneled into making them PLUS more items that can be purchased and kept.

I'm asking if the admins will consider looking into this and hopefully bring us to a speedy resolution instead of leaving us danging like Live did. Thank you for your consideration.

The otherworldy chest requires the dimensional storage chest design to craft.
The design was intentionally removed from the game and no patch from now to 5.5 ever says it was returned and purchasable again.
They never "fixed it" because Xl intentionally had it removed and Trion have no power over something that Xl wanted.

For its return an answer will be given at some point when theres been a decision as to return it.

As to its removal. Completely an intentional choice by XL that nobody realises because nobody reads the patch notes. They just see its gone and go its a bug

You misunderstood what I said. For clarification, I am one of those crazy people who read the patch notes. This issue was not updated in the patch notes properly. This was not addressed in fact at all and it IS in the game. I just crafted 3 of then last week. I'll send you screenshots

Last edited:
The issue was updated. It quite clearly says the item was being sold when it was not meant to in the carpentry merchants list. And that the item is discontinued.

These are all the chests which can contain bound items are have recipes.
Brainstorm storage chest
Hummingbird storage chest
Splendid costume chest
Pagemaster's storage chest
Archeologist's storage chest
Expanded otherworld storage chest.

Those first 5 all require one item in their recipe which no longer exists as a purchasable item.
Dimensional storage chest design. Which is gone.

The expanded otherworld storage chest takes 5 expansion scrolls and a otherworld storage chest. Obtainable for 500 credits in the marketplace.
This is still craftable. However. It has the same rule as the standard otherworld chest. 1 per building

You are correct. The dimensional storage chest design was removed from game whether intentionally or not. The recipes for the storage chests however, was not removed from the folio nor was this issue every corrected or addressed in any patch notes with any official response from Trion or XL Games regarding the matter. As of current patch, you CAN craft them again because all designs have been removed and replaced with Basic Furniture Collection and Advanced Furniture Collection which can be purchased at the Carpentry Merchant and the original design was added back to game before this.

The Costume Chest and Music Chest were just created this past week since I am downsizing my properties on Live and selling off plots.This is why I have said what I have repeatedly. The issue is that the folio still reflects that the items SHOULD be craftable but one of the key ingredients has been discontinued without being replaced. If the chests were no longer meant to be crafted they should have been removed OR the recipe should be updated to reflect the new material requirements. Neither occurred and instead of ever actually addressing the issue, the recipe was simply updated without an official patch note mention.

The forges were taken out of the folio completely. These chests were never removed and are once again craftable.

Attachments

• ScreenShot0054.jpg
    ScreenShot0054.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 405
  • ScreenShot0055.jpg
    ScreenShot0055.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 455
  • ScreenShot0056.jpg
    ScreenShot0056.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 369
  • ScreenShot0057.jpg
    ScreenShot0057.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 325
  • ScreenShot0058.jpg
    ScreenShot0058.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 387
  • ScreenShot0059.jpg
    ScreenShot0059.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 444
That is a recipe change not documented in any of Trions patch notes.
As for that recipe change it is minimum patch 4.0 but cannot find which because its not logged.
Potentially came in 4.0 with the crafting ui update

But when the recipe is going to change anyway there's no real need to bring the design back. Would be better to either wait until the update or change the recipe early

The issue was updated. It quite clearly says the item was being sold when it was not meant to in the carpentry merchants list. And that the item is discontinued.

Afaik it was only sold in Mirage Isle and that was maybe the reason why it got removed from the merchant, because it turned up there by accident.

We got the chest for books from an event, maybe some of the others can be an event reward in the future, if we dont get the item back?

I mean someone said 4.0 ccoming out in October... somewhere... Forum or AR Discord... :D

and you know what comes out in 4.0... The Dimensional chest...
So I guess there's no point patching it into 3.5 now, is there... Sjinderson ... esp. if it just gets added in in a few months without any effort on the dev's side of things.

But we can't ignore the fact that in-game information like on housing and in the crafting folio implies that it SHOULD be able to be made... So it's removed but not fully --> "yes but actually no"
And obviously the Custom Storage box was added as the "new storage box" in Aviendha 's screenshots above... surely it means that if the Dimensional chest is broken that it can be "fixed" to use the correct slot. Like, I mean if you can add a custom storage box and have it both use a custom furniture slot that needed to be added to the coding of the housing as well and so on... I don't see why you can't just "fix" the Dimensionals if they were "bugged" by letting ppl place as many as they like using the normal Decor Limit...

And there's been lots of time to do that over the past few years so... who knows
idk maybe I'm making it sound too simple but obviously something going on :D:p
'idk

I don't see why you can't just "fix" the Dimensionals if they were "bugged" by letting ppl place as many as they like using the normal Decor Limit...

I never was able to place more than the allowed amount xD

I mean someone said 4.0 ccoming out in October... somewhere... Forum or AR Discord... :D

and you know what comes out in 4.0... The Dimensional chest...
So I guess there's no point patching it into 3.5 now, is there... Sjinderson ... esp. if it just gets added in in a few months without any effort on the dev's side of things.

But we can't ignore the fact that in-game information like on housing and in the crafting folio implies that it SHOULD be able to be made... So it's removed but not fully --> "yes but actually no"
And obviously the Custom Storage box was added as the "new storage box" in Aviendha 's screenshots above... surely it means that if the Dimensional chest is broken that it can be "fixed" to use the correct slot. Like, I mean if you can add a custom storage box and have it both use a custom furniture slot that needed to be added to the coding of the housing as well and so on... I don't see why you can't just "fix" the Dimensionals if they were "bugged" by letting ppl place as many as they like using the normal Decor Limit...

And there's been lots of time to do that over the past few years so... who knows
idk maybe I'm making it sound too simple but obviously something going on :D:p
'idk
The chest was never bugged. It was just an xl decision to remove it.
The recipe was left there because they wanted to return in the future,
Xl are rampant for putting stuff in patches in the future in place at the moment

Back