What's new

How I got scammed (video included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, fresh here, and think its funny to se these posts.

This entire game was built on the principals of Scamming and Pirating, you take those away, then you took away 50% of the game, all you have left is farmville.

Funny, because A. you dont need a macro, B. this same scam has been happening in Archeage since 2013, where were you? Also there is no proof of macro, Enter Backspace Click, you can do that with 2 hands, very very fast.

There is one VERY obvious macro, where player has either AHK or some other type of software to insert one or several items in the trade window, press lock and sometimes press trade ALL at the same second.
I recorded on my other character and jumped becouse i felt i was lagging since nothing was happening and i saw at 0:17
And thats one video, he did 3+ actions in one second in many videos he was reported in.

But yeah, as said before u can avoid getting scammed if you CONSTANTLY watch his gold amount.There were so many scammers for years and some of them did try to remove 0 but you could see it since they would not insert one or several items at the same time to confuse you.
And yeah since the start of the server this player had like a dozen characters and each time someone was scammed in this way it was him and only him.

So maybe other scammers are bad when erasing 0? xD I dont think so.

Umm yeah good luck with that lol that is a terrible cut
Whatever you say, you will believe it when someone else posts without the lag.
I am not lying ,that is not edited.

If you pause it ever half a second you will see its not edited ;) Just checked ! you can see fluent movement.

There is one VERY obvious macro, where player has either AHK or some other type of software to insert one or several items in the trade window, press lock and sometimes press trade ALL at the same second.
I recorded on my other character and jumped becouse i felt i was lagging since nothing was happening and i saw at 0:17
And thats one video, he did 3+ actions in one second in many videos he was reported in.

But yeah, as said before u can avoid getting scammed if you CONSTANTLY watch his gold amount.There were so many scammers for years and some of them did try to remove 0 but you could see it since they would not insert one or several items at the same time to confuse you.
And yeah since the start of the server this player had like a dozen characters and each time someone was scammed in this way it was him and only him.

K once again, You can see plainly in that action. You click into the amount field, you hit backspace then click the lock. Yes that can be done very very quickly. Can you not nit backspace then immediately hit mouse click? He is not locking then unlocking, then locking.

That is on top of the obvious lag, or possibly as has been stated above a cut section in the video.

Whatever you say, you will believe it when someone else posts without the lag.
I am not lying ,that is not edited.

It DOES Not Matter! if he is using a macro or not, taken from Archeages website about scamming.

"When performing a deal with another player of any kind, take it slow. Make sure that money is exchanging hands properly, and you are not getting duped out of your items because you haven't checked what is being traded."

That is really all there is to be said. You have to hit lock, and then confirm the trade. If they break lock, then both trade locks are broken. Pay attention to what you are doing and you wont get scammed.

The scam is not a hack or an exploit it takes advantage of players being trusting and or excited and so they hit trade very very quickly. I did the same scam from beta till I left live, on top of many others. Not 1 time in my long history of AA have I ever been scammed.

Its not cut but it is definitely compressed play it at . 25 of original speed and look at the speed at which character jumps up and then lands bending the knees

It doesn't matter if it's a macro though. You can clearly see he removed it before you lock in your self. I could see your point if he locked in, waited for you to lock in, and then was able to somehow change the gold value before clicking trade. But that is not what is happening, so what is the issue?

Its not cut but it is definitely compressed play it at . 25 of original speed and look at the speed at which character jumps up and then lands bending the knees

Use space to pause.You can clearly see it.

It does not matter, what is important is that you guys decided its not macro.

Macros dont exist, its just fairy tales ;)
We already decided on a way how you can avoid getting scammed, macro or not, so at least people will notice that and find it helpfull.

Anyhow if someone is stubborn i sure as hell am not going to argue.You only need some of your friends or yourself getting scammed or in attempt and you will realise whats up.

again with the macro

its called using a backspace and a rmb

Eh, in this video he puts one stack of items that is rmb, removes 0 - backspace, but clicks lock simultaneously.
There was another video where he does 4 actions, i grabbed land in the past and was quite good at it, dont see how u can do 3,4 things at exactly the same time o.o

Maybe its possible to bind it to mouse scroll like people did in the past, or there is some software for razer that i do not know of, but still.

F it, let him do what he wants, this does not make a difference anyhow, its all pixels and bits.

Use space to pause.You can clearly see it.

It does not matter, what is important is that you guys decided its not macro.

Macros dont exist, its just fairy tales ;)
We already decided on a way how you can avoid getting scammed, macro or not, so at least people will notice that and find it helpfull.

Anyhow if someone is stubborn i sure as hell am not going to argue.You only need some of your friends or yourself getting scammed or in attempt and you will realise whats up.
Macros do exist I have a razor nagga what I'm saying is the video doesn't show evidence of macro. What will using space achieve i retracted the cut statement and after viewing it a bunch of times it is clear that the frames from the moment of jump to landing are compressed hence it appears like its cut when viewing at normal speed

Again: Why are people getting scammed? You can't remove or change items when both sides are locked, and both sides being locked isn't an instant finish... Open your damn eyes people, anyone getting scammed from this deserves it for carelessness.

Lol, fresh here, and think its funny to se these posts.

This entire game was built on the principals of Scamming and Pirating, you take those away, then you took away 50% of the game, all you have left is farmville.

Lol
Since when scamming and pirating are the same thing?

But... Keep your idea. I won't even loose my precious time trying to explain the difference between them bcs i think you wouldn't be able to understand.
Have a nice day :)

Lol
Since when scamming and pirating are the same thing?

But... Keep your idea. I won't even loose my precious time trying to explain the difference between them bcs i think you wouldn't be able to understand.
Have a nice day :)
He never said they are the same. He said "Scamming and Pirating" as in two separate things. But I will not loose "my precious time trying to explain" how to read.

Closing this thread as it has not led to anything constructive, can result in griefing, and the issues relating to them have been explained and solved in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back