What's new

Infamy changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, all I'm hearing is "waaaah, we want to hide behind killing our own faction without actually being pirates".

If you shot and killed someone IRL, you'd be punished, likely for the rest of your life.

Honestly, anti-faction activities should have been at minimum this harsh from the get go. The jail system is a joke, because it doesn't discourage you from being a dick piston to your own faction. Most people get off with killing their own faction, and when they do get jailed it's for a measly 20 minutes. Yea, *real* big punishment there.

You wanna rob and steal from your own faction? Deal with the consequences. There are plenty of reds, pirates, and player nation to rob. You know, the way the game was DESIGNED to be played in the first place? Faction vs faction? Remember that?

I rob everyone. I don't specifically target my own faction. The virtues of this change shouldn't even be up for debate, because this statement:

Due to it fix was made and infamy points were returned to normal level as they should be in 3.0b.
The current points are correct.

is flat out 100% incorrect.

See here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/show...-Patch-Notes&p=2680896&viewfull=1#post2680896

Those are 4.5 patch notes, not 3.0b patch notes. This is a mistake.

Sorry, please keep crying about how you can't continue to harm your own faction basically consequence free.

Having to generate gold and honor to buy droughts is not consequence free. The mechanics of the game make faction killing cost you money and potential jail time. If you don't want to die run packs in the safe zones. If you enter a "pvp" zone deal with the pvp.

Ok, so what? They made a mistake regarding the versions. And?

This is still a good gameplay decision. Punishment should be severe for hunting your own faction. The developers made a mistake in dolling out such meaningless consequences from the beginning. The jail system is a good idea, but was not implemented correctly. This might actually balance the scales.

Wanna rob people? Fine. But if you rob your own faction, it'd better be worth it.

also the people that complain "waah i make my money this way", sorry what kind of poor excuse is this ? you can make money in 100ways
i don't get why you'd join a faction if you're gonna kill them, why don't you just go pirate or switch continent ?
your excuses are awful, youre trying to justify being an asshole and try every trick in the book to make sparkle and the server administration revert it "waah wont be buying credits" "bye" "many people will leave" no you won't. you spent hundreds of hours in this game, you'll continue doing so, you'll adapt to it.

This is still a good gameplay decision. Punishment should be severe for hunting your own faction. The developers made a mistake in dolling out such meaningless consequences from the beginning. The jail system is a good idea, but was not implemented correctly. This might actually balance the scales.

Wanna rob people? Fine. But if you rob your own faction, it'd better be worth it.
The jail system is an exceptionally BAD idea. Any system that forces you to be inside the game with zero gameplay for an extended amount of time(potentially literal days) is a bad design. However, it's something we play around, and when it comes time to pay up, we serve those jail times. It balances itself out already.

These changes and the punishment they bring are insanely, INSANELY out of line, and bolster a broken system so that gameplay basically can't be adapted to play around it, completely and totally eliminating a legitimate style of gameplay. This change makes the game worse. You may enjoy feeling safe in the short term, but once you do your millionth safe trade run and have all the gear you could ever want, what's the point? All the good players already left because the publishing team has driven them away with these really, really bad decisions.

The change was made because the admins believed that this was intended for 3.0b. That is incorrect and I have cited a source to that effect. They're free to change whatever they want, sure, but if this change was made because they believed it to be correct for 3.0b then that is indeed incorrect and it should be reverted.

Also I feel like it warrants mentioning, take a look at literally any section of these forums, and you'll find a post from trapwhre and/or vulgrr crying about whatever the complaint of the day is. These guys are hilariously whiny.

At the end of the day there is a reason this private server is popular and the live servers have been dying off. Why would you want to implement changes that literally drove people away form the live servers and to the private servers?

This change along with the other changes around pack turn in areas etc are the reason so many people quit live I would hope we would learn from the past and not follow the same missteps.

Lastly if you don't believe me answer me why trion went under?

Also I feel like it warrants mentioning, take a look at literally any section of these forums, and you'll find a post from trapwhre and/or vulgrr crying about whatever the complaint of the day is. These guys are hilariously whiny.

funny cause you're doing the same right now. hypocrisy at it's best. the only thing i bitch about is BR & archery which is justified

Man, all I'm hearing is "waaaah, we want to hide behind killing our own faction without actually being pirates".

If you shot and killed someone IRL, you'd be punished, likely for the rest of your life.

Honestly, anti-faction activities should have been at minimum this harsh from the get go. The jail system is a joke, because it doesn't discourage you from being a dick piston to your own faction. Most people get off with killing their own faction, and when they do get jailed it's for a measly 20 minutes. Yea, *real* big punishment there.

You wanna rob and steal from your own faction? Deal with the consequences. There are plenty of reds, pirates, and player nation to rob. You know, the way the game was DESIGNED to be played in the first place? Faction vs faction? Remember that?

I say keep the new infamy system. Might actually make the game better in the long run.

Your logic is a little flawed here. If the game was designed to have green piracy and an infamy system, that is an intended mechanic. It's designed to be that way so players can play however they want. It's people like you that freak out over how others want to play the game that skews things. Don't like having packs stolen? Don't run in war waters. There's plenty of safe routes to take.

That being said, this infamy change was a change on 4.5 live, not 3.0, and therefore honestly shouldn't be a thing on this server until the server itself is updated to 4.5. It's only fair.

That being said, this infamy change was a change on 4.5 live, not 3.0, and therefore honestly shouldn't be a thing on this server until the server itself is updated to 4.5. It's only fair.

then it'd only be fair to revert all the custom changes and tweaks made in ArcheRages version of archeage too right ? because they haven't happened on live in 3.0b. Its only fair right

Your logic is a little flawed here

Also, a major game update like this one surely deserves being in the patch notes or server update announcements. No one should have to find out this way...

then it'd only be fair to revert all the custom changes and tweaks made in ArcheRages version of archeage too right ? because they haven't happened on live in 3.0b. Its only fair right
The fact that you're capable of being this stupid and still remembering how to breathe is a scientific fascination.

This isn't a 3.0b change from live. It's a change from 4.5 on live.

If the intent was to align with intended game mechanics on live, then this was done in error.

Revert this change and we can discuss it if/when this server ever gets 4.5.

Here is a source on this. https://omnom.gg/4-5-patch-notes/
I suppose if you really wanted to go with 5x crime rates you might as well do the massive boost to regrading as well right?

The fact that you're capable of being this stupid and still remembering how to breathe is a scientific fascination.

then explain to me how "reverting it because it wasn't a thing on live" is a proper justification to reverting this change ?
by this logic, all what makes AR a better version of trion's should be adjusted back to 100% fit trions version which would render the whole server pointless.

thanks for throwing around insults and keeping this discussion nicely btw

then explain to me how "reverting it because it wasn't a thing on live" is a proper justification to reverting this change ?
by this logic, all what makes AR a better version of trion's should be adjusted back to 100% fit trions version which would render the whole server pointless.

thanks for throwing around insults and keeping this discussion nicely btw
You ruined that chance by not being constructive in the least from your first post in this thread.

Reverting it because it wasn't in this version of live makes sense, because that's the justification for it in the first place.

Learn a little bit of reading comprehension.

Learn a little bit of reading comprehension.

maybe you should learn a bit of politeness first, or showing respect to authority persons, instead of calling Sparkle "nigga" and then deleting it because you're scared of the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back