What's new

Ship Component Regrade Funny Business?

Splodge

It seems lately that there are more random straight up regrades to mythic on ship components. Some random person will regrade an item to mythic and put it on the auction house. It takes on average approximately 100 items to get a mythic regrade. What are the odds of these recent mythic regrades being legit? Anyone else notice this lately? Maybe it is legit. But it is certainly something worth talking about.

Ship components are easier to make, cheaper to regrade and have very high regrade rates compared to weapons and armor.

Getting Legendary > Mythic ship regrade scroll is about 4-5 times more likely to happen than a weapon or armor piece, not to mention what plamp said about ease to create and cheap cost to make.

I now very well how this works. I've done thousands of components between retail, pts and here. That is how I know something isn't right with these regrades. As I mentioned, it takes on average 100 pieces to get a mythic.

I now very well how this works. I've done thousands of components between retail, pts and here. That is how I know something isn't right with these regrades. As I mentioned, it takes on average 100 pieces to get a mythic.

Ive regraded multiple Mythic sails with just 1 sail. Its all luck

Multiple mythics with just 1 sail? I'm calling bs on that. Bs or hacks. The odds of one piece going straight up are extremely remote. The odds of one person having multiple? I'd take my chances on the lottery.

I am telling you... there is something going on. There are currently 6 Caernord Zephyr Triangular Rigs -- Legendary -- on the AH in addition to a legendary Large-Caliber cannon. I've seen one guy today with very few sails get 4 legendary regrades. 4 legendary pieces with less than 10 items? The other day I purchased 4 legendary large-caliber cannons on the AH. I takes around 25 pieces to get a single legendary regrade. You can tell when someone is actively working to regrade ship gear up because of the regrade spam. When you see the same person getting on high end piece after another without the regrade spam it raises a serious red flag. Is there a new regrade exploit like the old coin purse exploit from the old days?

Are you saying with certainty there is none or are you saying there is none that you know of? The number of high end regrades with so few lower end regrades lately is very unusual.

Back