What's new

A simple request: Hanging Iron Torches

C

Communion

I know that this has been implemented on Public Trino/Gamigo servers with later (and mostly despised) updates from the one we lovingly play on here, but would it be possible to find that little string of code for the Hanging Iron Torches and make it so they stay on when you light them?

This drove many of us bananas on Public so much so the devs heard our pleas and changed it. Could this not happen here?

Do you mean only the Hanging Iron Torches or other lights (Lanterns, Streetlights, Lamps etc) as well?

Do you mean only the Hanging Iron Torches or other lights (Lanterns, Streetlights, Lamps etc) as well?

All of them would be nice!

LOL... they are neither 'hanging' nor are they 'torches'. More like BBQ grills. :D :D :D

It should not be a problem to make such change for the Hanging Iron Torches but all the lights is not possible as there are too many of them and a lot of them turn on and off themselves depending on time of day.

It should not be a problem to make such change for the Hanging Iron Torches but all the lights is not possible as there are too many of them and a lot of them turn on and off themselves depending on time of day.

That would be awesome if you could. Since I love accenting my place with the Hanging Iron Torches, that would be an amazing help. :D

what about fireplaces and house lights like the mansions?

Fireplaces can be light up for 1 hour currently. We can't make them to glow permanently. For how long it should stay on after it's light up?

Question
Why should only one set of player requested light get special treatment for staying on permanantly?
Other player may have different aesthetic preference for their homes/properties and may like their lights to stay perma on or perma off, or as it is now, cycle with the in-game day-night.

In such a case, it is unfair to treat behaviour of the decoration differently except in the exceptional case of special decos with diff features like those from the in-game Marketplace ("Cash Shop"), or, as is in this case "at a player request".

I can understand why Torches in particular one would like to keep always-on as they have a cool fire flickering animation. This is also true for the normal Iron Torches.

If change is to be made, would it be possible to have a toggle for players to choose permanant state of the light.

So, it is primary interaction ("F") to turn a light on/off. How about make the secondary ("G") set it to "Keep current state".

This way only the lights players choose to have on will stay on while the rest can keep their cycles which would be in.

But it probably same reasoning... there is too many light decos to change all of their properties individually right...

Already stated above that such change for all the lights is not possible as there are too many of them and a lot of them turn on and off themselves depending on time of day. It will be too time consuming to change every light in the game.

Already stated above that such change for all the lights is not possible as there are too many of them and a lot of them turn on and off themselves depending on time of day. It will be too time consuming to change every light in the game.
How about they use the same scheeme as light posts, they auto light when night comes?

Would like to see the hanging blue and red torches as well, unless I'm mistaken and they're already in the game. I looked through the porfolio book and have checked the AH and never seen them.

Would like to see the hanging blue and red torches as well, unless I'm mistaken and they're already in the game. I looked through the porfolio book and have checked the AH and never seen them.

Can you provide the exact names of that items? I'll if we have them or can add.

They are in game. If I recall it correctly, you can get those from Mirage Isle.
I will have a look, it's possible that I've overlooked this the entire time. I'll let you know if I can't find them, thank you as usual Sparkle!

Back