What's new

costumes, mounts & miscellaneous rotating in the shops

trapwhre02

I cannot imagine being the only one thinking this so I figured i'd bring it up, because it partly drives me furious.
Who's idea is it, to have item X appear in loyality shop, only to appear 1 week later in the cash shop ?
Certain costumes, mounts etc. are constantly appearing and disappearing in all 3 shops, without any way of foreseeing where & when they'll pop up.

A long time ago, you had the sloth glider back in the boxes. I think it either came with the Squirrel, or it was in the box the week after. Either way, once the Squirrel Glider was removed, it appeared very quickly in the Merit-Badge shop for like 400merit ? Who would buy that for 400 merit if it's on the AH for 300g due to it's appearance in the cash shop a couple days earlier ?

The Fusciafin, it was in the loyality shop. I bought it for i think 600 or 800 loyality. A handful of weeks later, you introduced the Seabug mount. You were able to buy it for max. 3K gold of the AH. With the current prices of Lucky Sunpoints, my Fusciafin purchase equals 12.000gold in loyality. I could've gotten a faster water-mount for a quarter of the price..

It happens every month..

The Dragon Cultist Duster Costume: when i created my character 7 months(?) ago, i had my preview character wear this exact outfit, so i can find a nice appearance to match this outfit. Eventually, i thought, i'd obtain this outfit and have my perfect little dwarf.
After 6 months it finally appeared in the loyality shop for 400 loyality (again, equals 6.000gold with the current lucky sunpoint prices. Now 2 weeks ago, it appeared straight-up purchasable on the cash-shop for 1.200 credits which barely equals up for 1.500gold.

You guys have influence of what is inside the shops. Can you not find a way to make everyone happy, for god's sake ? Is it too much to ask for to have something that is in the loyality shop, not be obtainable anywhere else for an acceptable time, so people who actually used their "loyality towards the server" don't get screwed and basically have a middle-finger thrown at them by you, the devs ?

Why are item's that are obtainable for 300g (Squirrel), being put in the merit-badge shop, for an amount of merit, that in no way, anybody would spent over simply buying it with gold ? Why is the exact opposite happening, where a costume worth 6000 gold gets dumped way below a quarter of it's recent value, by making the exact same one purchaseable with credits ?

-

Seriously, i don't understand your mindset on the shops at all.
There's so much to complain about, what about putting the Sloth in the boxes, "due to high-demand", only to throw in the God of War glider, that basically does the same, just better, in the new box a couple of weeks later ? "Good thing i didn't buy the sloth and waited, now i have a better one" - oh whoops, how foolish of you to think that.. "Let's throw in a third glider in a row that renders the last 2 useless because it's - once again - best in slot" - whoever is in charge of the shops.
You even had a thread opened prematuerly, to ask your players what they think of the Ravenspine Wings.
https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/ravenspine-wings-discussion-thread.6560/
The entire discussion only had one input by a team-member, which was Sjinderson basically summarizing what the majority of player's suggestions were.
You never let us know what your decision will be, or what you think of adjusting about it.
The thread died and all we knew was 2 months later it was announced to be in a box, still having immunity.
Now people use invincibility from defense whenever they're about to die or have their auramancy immunity proc, then take off with the glider, teleport away mid-air, land & have their serp sleeves immuneproc aswell while they get on their mount to invincibility-dash away into invisibility. Great PvP experience, really.

For real, if you think this is just a wall of text with complaining about everything, then take it this way.
But i'm trying to make you guys realize, that you're insulting and finger-flipping your players everytime you do something like this.

Add to that all the locking of decorations behind bundles during the holidays and only releasing some of the stuff, and then they try to say shit didn't come until later and it's not in our version even if it was available in 1.5&2.0. lmao

Not everyone has access to cash shop, either because they can't figure out the donation process (guilty) or they're uncertain if they want to invest in the game.

Personally, I'm happy that things not only regularly appear but rotate in a fixed rate.

Not everyone has access to cash shop, either because they can't figure out the donation process (guilty) or they're uncertain if they want to invest in the game.

Personally, I'm happy that things not only regularly appear but rotate in a fixed rate.
You know credits can be bought with gold on Auction house right? The merit/loyalty vs credit prices/availability is really screwed up.

First, thank you for taking your time to produce this thread, don't care if everyone has access to the cash shop, WHAT I do care about is this insane amount of rotation of items and the limitations that we have on a ROGUE server which doesn't even matter since it's out of the scope of the live server. Is it so precious to you Devs that you keep certain items out of the cash shop, loyalty shop, or RNG boxes so fulfill your monthly quota to keep the servers up. We are not blind we see how many credits are being transferred on a daily basis between players and AH. I asked nicely when the Multi workbench is going to become available and all I can get is that it's on a rotation table BS......it's been over 5 months today I saw one in the AH and was unable to buy it because it had an insane price BECAUSE it hasn't been out in like forever. Things like this are turning me away from even buying more credits. The worst complain about this server isn't the content like Titan and such it's the Marketplace which IMO could be done better to include the merit and loyalty shop. You guys don't owe us nothing as a matter fact the only reason I spent real cash on this server is to help you guys out with the cost but you guys are making it very PAINFUL for us that want things that we can't even get.

Loyalty, merit and cash shop are not connected and have separate rotations.
When we started rotating items in loyalty and merit shop so that players would have more options for the items, not just always same stuff, we informed players that items can repeat in cash shop as well as in other shops.
As for the Multipurpose workbench, it has already been in the shop twice and will return back to it in future, however, no dates are available for now.

Loyalty, merit and cash shop are not connected and have separate rotations.
When we started rotating items in loyalty and merit shop so that players would have more options for the items, not just always same stuff, we informed players that items can repeat in cash shop as well as in other shops.
As for the Multipurpose workbench, it has already been in the shop twice and will return back to it in future, however, no dates are available for now.

I'm patiently waiting for the workbench xD

@Sparkle i appreciate that you took your time to respond but you missed the point entirely.

The merit/loyalty vs credit prices/availability is really screwed up.

This is what annoys me. I don't care that items appear in every shop, it's the tremendous difference in pricing that they have.. if an item appears in the loyality shop for 600 loyality which equals the price of 6 lucky sunpoints, then it shouldnt appear in a different shop at 1200 credits worth only 1500gold..
Especially since 600loyality takes forever to get whereas you can make 1500gold a day really easily..

Last edited:
@Sparkle i appreciate that you took your time to respond but you missed the point entirely.

This is what annoys me. I don't care that items appear in every shop, it's the tremendous difference in pricing that they have.. if an item appears in the loyality shop for 600 loyality which equals the price of 6 lucky sunpoints, then it shouldnt appear in a different shop at 1200 credits worth only 1500gold..
Especially since 600loyality takes forever to get whereas you can make 1500gold a day really easily..

That are the standard prices that each type of shop has from the server start. Each player choose it for himself, what he wants and what shop he wants to wait for this item from and what currency he/she is ready to spend.

For most items the price difference is weird yea but thats economics as well. Boxes create a big increase of items, cuz of which the price goes down.

Another thing I remembered, mounts from boxes are slower than their counterparts in the other stores. Maybe that makes it sort of logical that people drive price down on the box mounts as well, on top of the high supply. This doesn't account for other items tho ;-;

Back