What's new

Poll: Shadowstep, BEL & Charge - Global Cooldown

Should all 3 skills get a regular 1s GCD, or should they remain 0.5s ?

• Yes, they should get 1s like most other skills.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • No, 0.5s is fine and it should stay this way.

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

trapwhre02

For those of you unaware: Global Cooldown is basically the animation going clockwise, you see on your skillbars & inventory when you use a skill. For its duration, players are unable to use any skills, with rare exceptions to that like shrug it off.

This is basically an implementation by game designers, to prevent players from abusing software like macros, that can be set up to spam skills. If there was no Global Cooldown, you could be, for example, hitting 1 2 3 4 5 and all 5 skills pop up as quick as you can manage to press those 5 buttons.

Now there are 3 types of skills in relation to Global Cooldown.
Type 1: regular 1s base cooldown (e.g. majority of the skills, such as precision strike, charged bolt, teleport..)
Type 2: special short cooldown (e.g. thwart, shadowstep, charge, behind enemy lines, backdrop..)
Type 3: skills that don't trigger one (e.g. spell shield, shrug-it off, bondbreaker)

Now to the part, that this poll is about:
Shadowstep/Behind Enemy Lines/Charge all trigger a shortened Global Cooldown.

BEL = Behind Enemy Lines, TS = Triple Slash

Here is a visual representation of their cooldown, from left to right: Type1, Type1, Type2

As you can see, Shadowstep has half the duration of Global Cooldown that the majority of skills have. Same goes for Charge & Behind Enemy Lines.

With Shadowstep in this case, you can instantaneously travel 20 meters, and use any instant-cast abilities like sleep & fear.
Behind Enemy Lines & Charge both apply Snare, which then results in a Trip when Triple Slash is used.

Since the Global Cooldown for both, Charge & BEL is halfed, players are able to trip enemies with TS as soon as the animations for Charge & BEL finish.
Pay close attention to when the Global Cooldown ends, which is before the impact of BEL:

This is the POV of ~100ping, where Tigerstrike & Leech were used against.
I hope you get an idea of what it must look like, if someone was to use Charge/BEL/Shadowstep - Leech or Triple Slash on you.

-

The reason on why I believe those skills need some consideration on tweaks is:

High Ping players are greatly at a disadvantage. And I'm sure a lot of people, especially from Europe/Asia & generally overseas could sing you a song on how awful this game is for anyone with a ping higher than 100, especially if you are fighting against such fast paced classes like Darkrunners, which make up the majority of the player base.
When you as a 100ping player fight against someone with <50ping, there's a very big chance you are already tripped/feared/sleeped on your enemies screen, when you see them still in the middle of an animation.

I'm aware that high-ping players will always be at a disadvantage, but I believe that we can improve their experience at the very least.

I would like to see a regular 1s Global Cooldown for: Charge/BEL/Shadowstep, to combat the delay many players from outside of America experience. Almost every other skill has a regular cooldown, I myself don't see a reason why those 3 shouldn’t.

tl;dr

Shadowstep/Behind Enemy Lines/Charge have 0.5s Global Cooldown, compared to 1s for all the other skills.
This allows CC's that require you to be on target (such as fear or sleep), to somewhat have a higher range than they’re supposed to have. The timeframe between the animation start of BEL/Charge/SS, and applying a CC is way too short. It simply nullifies ranged advantage, as even at 20m range, you aren't safe from CC's that require your enemy to be within reach of you.

One last thing:

If you do VOTE on this poll, please take your time to leave a reply why you voted yes or no.
If you vote yes, do you agree with what is said above, do you have other reasonings/concerns that are affected by this change ?
If you vote no, why are you against it ? Why should those 3 skills have a special shortened timer ?

High amounts of "No, don't change it" - votes without justified replies, only show that the votes are from biased players, that want their classes to remain too strong, which further proves my point, that this needs some re-balance. So think twice about whether you vote & leave right after.

Thanks~

Last edited:
Reactions: Hny
I do not agree with this. The reason is simple, if your suggestion was implemented DR's and only DR's would be impacted. 3.5 is already supposed to nerf DR's , implementing this along with 3.5 would pretty much eliminate the class entirely as a viable PvP option. Your suggestion is half ass. In order to adjust the stat of one ability, others must also be adjusted to create balance. You speak of modifying one classes abilities however you don't suggest what can be done to nerf other classes such as mage, archers to adjust for this change.

"Almost every other skill has a regular cooldown, I myself don't see a reason why those 3 shouldn’t."

The reasoning is simple really. As a DR , Shadowstep / Beh/ Charge are primary engagement abilities. When the developers designed skills such as example *Arc Lightning* They said to themselves "Alright we're going to make these abilities have a shortened global cooldown, but to make up for this difference we're going to give *Arc Lightning* an extra thousand damage per second." <--- And this is just one example as 10 or 20 abilities could have been increased to balance when they decided to go this route we just don't know.

Since there's no way to talk directly to the developers to see what their reasoning was behind the global cooldown , there's also no way to see what changes they implemented to balance them. To modify values of specific abilities without knowing the full strategy implemented to balance classes would be disastrous.

If somebody has a better ping then you they're probably going to win, and there is no method you can implement that would fix this. If you want a better experience with ping, move to a country closer to the servers, otherwise suck it up buttercup.

I don't want to see my game ruined because you have bad ping.

1. I do not agree with this. The reason is simple, if your suggestion was implemented DR's and only DR's would be impacted. 3.5 is already supposed to nerf DR's , implementing this along with 3.5 would pretty much eliminate the class entirely as a viable PvP option. Your suggestion is half ass. In order to adjust the stat of one ability, others must also be adjusted to create balance. You speak of modifying one classes abilities however you don't suggest what can be done to nerf other classes such as mage, archers to adjust for this change.

2. If somebody has a better ping then you they're probably going to win, and there is no method you can implement that would fix this. If you want a better experience with ping, move to a country closer to the servers, otherwise suck it up buttercup.

Okay, first i want to thank you for explaining why you voted no.

1. Do you truly believe darkrunners become non-viable because 3 skills get a 0.5s increase in Global Cooldown ?? The class is so strong, to mess it up you'd need a bunch of tweaks in my opinion.
Look at what i formatted bold. It is literally what I did. I saw gap-closers like Teleport & Mirror Warp all have normal GCD, Mirror Warp even has to be pre-cast. Giving the 3 skills the same duration is what i consider creating balance, because it literally makes them the same or the very least "more similar".
Darkrunners aren't the only class that are effected, I myself play Primeval, i know a lot of meta classes use Shadowplay, so you're by far not the only one that would see a change in his class.
I did not mention other changes, why ? Because that would take up years to write down. There is a ton of skill-changes this game needs in my opinion, and this is just one of them. Feel free to discuss other skills in another thread.

2. Re-read my post:
I'm aware that high-ping players will always be at a disadvantage, but I believe that we can improve their experience at the very least.

May I ask for an argument against the following:
Why should you be allowed to "instantly" CC a player from 20m away, with a skill that requires you to be very close. Why should your opponent not be given the opportunity to do anything against it ? I ask you, knowing your're a DR, do you enjoy being shadowstepped - leeched - deepfreezed by Enigmatists ?
You can think it would render your class "not-viable" all you want, at the end of the day, this change might negatively affect your class, but you benefit from it aswell.

Last edited:
"Do you truly believe darkrunners become non-viable because 3 skills get a 0.s increase in Global Cooldown"

This along with the changes most likely to be coming up in 3.5, yes I do believe this could potentially make this class non-viable. Of course I could be wrong, but it doesn't really matter what I think as a change like this would need to be tested in a controlled environment. A lot of games use private servers where the developers can thoroughly test these numbers, something which our current developers are incapable of doing. They would need a private test server with the best players of every class with even ping tested across numerous pvp/pve scenarios, which even if done, would be impossible to get perfect as some players are better/worse then others. For example if you took the best Darkrunner , and put him against the worst spellsinger the Darkrunner is probably going to win. To increase the damage of Spellsingers because of that single test scenario would destroy the balance, because now with these changes implemented if you put that same Darkrunner against somebody who actually knows how to play Spellsinger, the spellsinger would most likely wipe the floor with the Darkrunner.

Yes other classes would be affected as well, and for sure a primevil can very well be running an ability such as shadowstep, but a primevil doesn't need to be in melee range to effectively dps, whereas a darkrunner does. As a primevil you can remove this ability and still dps while kiting whoever you're fighting, but as DR if you're being kited and don't have access to abilities such as shadowstep, you literally do 0 damage while not in melee range. 0.5 seconds of no dps as a Darkrunner is a lot of dps which can be essential to getting the final blow for victory.

You didn't mention other changes not because it would take a year to write down, but because you just like myself simply don't know what would need to be changed to balance this. Unless a private test server where scenarios like this are tested, and all the numbers ran the math cannot be calculated.

The improvement you speak of to help high ping players would debilitate overall players with decent pings. If you could simply solve ping issues with a single forum post there wouldn't be ping issues. Thousands of experienced developers around the world work on fixing this problem on a daily basis and are paid good money to do so. Figuring out how to fix this would at this stage be as likely as finding a cure for cancer. There's nothing that can be done.

I do not agree with this. The reason is simple, if your suggestion was implemented DR's and only DR's would be impacted. 3.5 is already supposed to nerf DR's , implementing this along with 3.5 would pretty much eliminate the class entirely as a viable PvP option. Your suggestion is half ass. In order to adjust the stat of one ability, others must also be adjusted to create balance. You speak of modifying one classes abilities however you don't suggest what can be done to nerf other classes such as mage, archers to adjust for this change.

"Almost every other skill has a regular cooldown, I myself don't see a reason why those 3 shouldn’t."

The reasoning is simple really. As a DR , Shadowstep / Beh/ Charge are primary engagement abilities. When the developers designed skills such as example *Arc Lightning* They said to themselves "Alright we're going to make these abilities have a shortened global cooldown, but to make up for this difference we're going to give *Arc Lightning* an extra thousand damage per second." <--- And this is just one example as 10 or 20 abilities could have been increased to balance when they decided to go this route we just don't know.

Since there's no way to talk directly to the developers to see what their reasoning was behind the global cooldown , there's also no way to see what changes they implemented to balance them. To modify values of specific abilities without knowing the full strategy implemented to balance classes would be disastrous.

If somebody has a better ping then you they're probably going to win, and there is no method you can implement that would fix this. If you want a better experience with ping, move to a country closer to the servers, otherwise suck it up buttercup.

I don't want to see my game ruined because you have bad ping.

I have good ping and still can get tripped before the hammer from BEL lands, so it's clearly a problem for people across the spectrums, with low and high ping. DR's don't get hugely impacted by 3.5, though. They just get outshined by other classes. Making another melee class better or making mage or healer better doesn't make a DR worse, it just makes other classes and archetypes more viable. If this idea is implemented and it puts DR on par with other melee DPS, then some changes made later on down the line that drive a Darkrunner completely obsolete might be able to be glossed over or fixed since we all know that a DR is completely nerfed into the ground in patches past 3.5.

If memory serves me right, I believe Shadowstep has this lower GCD because it used to be able to reset its own cooldown (correct me if I'm wrong), and that was back when BEL wasn't in existence so their GCD's might be linked to the same faulty thought process. If this GCD change can bring DR to be on par with other melee classes in this patch and next patch, then it could help the admins look at possible other changes in later versions that completely decimated DR's in the first place. But by no means does this patch make DR obsolete and nerf them, it just makes other melees more promising DPS.

I voted yes, I'm open to the change.

I have good ping and still can get tripped before the hammer from BEL lands, so it's clearly a problem for people across the spectrums, with low and high ping. DR's don't get hugely impacted by 3.5, though. They just get outshined by other classes. Making another melee class better or making mage or healer better doesn't make a DR worse, it just makes other classes and archetypes more viable. If this idea is implemented and it puts DR on par with other melee DPS, then some changes made later on down the line that drive a Darkrunner completely obsolete might be able to be glossed over or fixed since we all know that a DR is completely nerfed into the ground in patches past 3.5.

If memory serves me right, I believe Shadowstep has this lower GCD because it used to be able to reset its own cooldown (correct me if I'm wrong), and that was back when BEL wasn't in existence so their GCD's might be linked to the same faulty thought process. If this GCD change can bring DR to be on par with other melee classes in this patch and next patch, then it could help the admins look at possible other changes in later versions that completely decimated DR's in the first place. But by no means does this patch make DR obsolete and nerf them, it just makes other melees more promising DPS.

I voted yes, I'm open to the change.

Again, agree or disagree it really doesn't matter. These changes would need to be tested in a controlled environment to be properly balanced, and our developers even if they managed to create such an environment would still need to spend hundreds if not thousands of hours properly testing such changes. This just wouldn't work.

Again, agree or disagree it really doesn't matter. These changes would need to be tested in a controlled environment to be properly balanced, and our developers even if they managed to create such an environment would still need to spend hundreds if not thousands of hours properly testing such changes. This just wouldn't work.

What speaks about waiting for a result on the poll. If majority wants it, implement it for a week, remove or keep it at the next maintenance.
This way, thousands of players can get an idea of whether this is a good change or not. Thousand players * 7 days accumulate a tremendous amount of hours of "testing".

You speak as if this 0.5s increase makes it impossible for darkrunners to stay on targets, why is that ? They have 3 gap-closers in battlerage, 2 in shadowplay, 2 in auramancy. No class in this game has that many, darkrunners will always have enough tools to catch up.

Last edited:
What speaks about waiting for a result on the poll. If majority wants it, implement it for a week, remove or keep it at the next maintenance.
This way, thousands of players can get an idea of whether this is a good change or not. Thousand players * 7 days accumulate a tremendous amount of hours of "testing".

You speak as if this 0.5s increase makes it impossible for darkrunners to stay on targets, why is that ? They have 3 gap-closers in battlerage, 2 in shadowplay, 2 in auramancy. No class in this game has that many, darkrunners will always have enough tools to catch up.

This wouldn't be tested in a "controlled" environment then. Thousands of players sure, but each with a very different skill level / ping. A small change like this could have serious consequences.

Anyways that's enough from me I've spoken my peace and my answer will remain the same.

Best of luck!
Sem

Yes other classes would be affected as well, and for sure a primevil can very well be running an ability such as shadowstep, but a primevil doesn't need to be in melee range to effectively dps, whereas a darkrunner does.

So how is it fair, that a darkrunner can dps right after closing the gap, but an archer cannot do the same after creating one ?
Everytime I use teleport or mirrorwarp, all of my skills go on a 1s cooldown. Do you know how much time that is as someone playing a class that needs to keep his distance, while trying to maintain DPS ? You say in 0.5s, a DR misses out on a lot of DPS. Well think twice about what I just said about archers. Right now, you do no damage for 0.5s, whereas archers are the most vulnerable for double that duration, because our gap-closers don't have that short cooldown.

Battlerage basically has 3 more gap-closers than most other classes.
Giving skills that bring you to the enemy, a shorter GCD than skills that get you away from them, literally makes 0 sense. Battlerage already has more gap-closers, why are they better aswell ?
Shouldn't they be worse to compensate for the amount they have ?

Last edited:
So how is it fair, that a darkrunner can dps right after closing the gap, but an archer cannot do the same after creating one ?
Everytime I use teleport or mirrorwarp, all of my skills go on a 1s cooldown. Do you know how much that is as someone playing a class that needs to keep his distance, while trying to maintain DPS ? You say in 0.5s, a DR misses out on a lot of DPS. Well think twice about what I just said about archers. You do 0.5s no damage, meanwhile we are the most vulnerable for double that duration.

It's not fair. Class balance has been an issue since MMO's first came out. You can nerf darkrunners only for another class to take it's place. If it's not Darkrunners on top, it's spellsingers, if not spellsingers, it's archers. There's always one class that excels over others and that's just how it is. Trying to fix something you can't fully understand only creates new problems. Like I said before even in these test scenarios with the best players, even pings you still can't create perfection, there's too many variables. If you're not on here complaining about DRs being too OP, you'll be on here complaining about another class. It's just how it is.

Imo it's better to naturally move into 3.5 and allow changes made by the developers who already spent thousands of hours testing to the best of their abilities just be made. Rather then forcefully poke around to edit numbers you don't fully understand.

In order to adjust the stat of one ability, others must also be adjusted to create balance. You speak of modifying one classes abilities however you don't suggest what can be done to nerf other classes such as mage, archers to adjust for this change.

Let's not forget that Darkrunner has many utility skills and is one of the, if not THE, most overpowered class since launch. Taking a bit away from Darkrunner will not break the class, and there certainly isn't a need to nerf other classes just because of a nerf to Darkrunner.

However, I'm not saying that this requested change should be added. I'm against it as well because some of the GCD reductions make sense. When shadowstepping to a target, it's natural to have the next skill have a shorter GCD because shadowstep, to me, is a surprise/ambush opener to a stun/trip. Imagine shadowstepping to a target to have to wait there for a second before being able to do something. This leaves you open to being ccd/locked down.

Overall I don't feel that messing with GCDs is the correct balance needed for Darkrunner.

You don't seem to get the point of what I am trying to achieve. Yes there will always be meta-classES < notice the plural ?
DR as of right now, is simply being played by a vast majority of the playerbase. It's no secret. I'm not asking for nerfs to completely bury the class 10feet underneath the ground. I'm asking for tweaks to help it get on par with other meta-classes. I don't want builds with Battlerage or Shadowstep have better working gap-closers than auramancy builds, when builds that combine both, BR & SP already have more of them than auramancy builds. BR & SS have more gapclosers, again, why are they better than the ones from auramancy ? It's not my goal to see no darkrunners run around anymore, as frustrating as fighting against them can be, they can also be the most fun class to play against.

And again, this change would not only affect DR. This is no "NERF DARKRUNNERS" post, it affects other classes aswell.
I simply want to be given the opportunity to react to someone jumping me from 20meters away.

Theres 2 types of skills that move your location.
Type 1 is bringing you to your enemy
Type 2 brings you wherever you want to be, including getting you away from an enemy.

There are more Type 1's than Type 2's. So why are the ones from Type 2 worse ?
It's stupid to leave it this way.

The game is in favor of classes that want you to stay on targets, over the ones that need to do the opposite.

Last edited:
"I simply want to be given the opportunity to react to someone jumping me from 20meters away."
With a high ping it's very unlikely you'll ever get that opportunity, even with your suggestion changes implemented. I myself don't "react" to abilities like shadowstep, as even with a good ping it can be really fast paced. Rather then "reacting" I "Anticipate". If you're skilled enough you should know how to bait out certain abilities. Meaning you should see the shadowstep coming before it's even used and be prepared to counter it. Like a game of chess, think multiple moves ahead. a 100ms delay over whoever you're fighting doesn't matter if you know within the next few seconds of fighting them what abilities they will/can use. Not everybody can be good though. Just keep practicing.

I get what you mean, and I do like the Idea about it having to predict your opponents next move, but more often than not this is just playing the casino, you can think they'll use behind enemy lines and teleport away, but when they decide to act different you wasted a teleport.
Play a round as archer against a melee, in the fight, the melee is in range of behind enemy lines, he uses it, you failed to predict it, you got caught and died. Next round you'll think "i'll teleport the moment he is in range", it's exactly what you do and.. the melee just waited it out to see if you teleported, congrats you wasted a teleport.
It's too much based on luck and random predicting and simply outside of my power, so I'd rather see it based on reaction time, or a mixture of both.

This is all just theory crafting, nothing is being nerfed or buffed to hell. These are minor tweaks that need testing to see if they make sense. This is a suggestion of me to enhance fun & enjoyment in this game, so I don't understand why people would chose to keep it as it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hny
I'm going to keep it short because I'm typing this out on my phone. I voted no for the reasons above, plus from my personal experience it was common for players of different classes to be able to take down a DR in 3.0 and 3.5. The fact that half the server plays DRs is partially because they're easy to play and easy to gear, not necessarily because they're OP.

Why are we even talking about changing the global cooldown for DR? Once they all spec attack speed its all super short anyway. No need to nerf, their gems make the nerf redundant.

I feel like you are one of those people who are way too overprotective over their class @Semerian.
There have been a lot of people voicing up on that issue on the discord yesterday and trying changes doesn't mean they can't be reverted anymore. There was going to be a test-server a week before 3.5 release anyways, so why not give it a try there. Some times you just have to force changes and people will forget about it and get used to it. Darkrunners have a lot, and with a lot I mean, really a lot of gap closers and stuns. You said it yourself, if it comes to a fight, things go very fast paced and some wouldn't even bother reacting or would try predicting it, but think about other people who actually are trying to win the fights with skill and not with luck.

(Invalidating Trp's discussion just because he has a higher ping than american players, is silly. He isn't the only player with that problem on the server btw.)

I don't think there is much skill involved in being able to instantly-teleport-yourself-right-next-to-the-enemy and know that the person you are fighting has no way of dodging so. And again, you are saying that archers can use the ability as well but they're not in need of it as much as darkrunners are, but archers are in need of keeping their distance. Darkrunners have so many resets and gap closers already that it's a struggle to keep distance.

-
"You can nerf darkrunners only for another class to take it's place."
It is not about which class is superior, it's about having fair game play.
-
"Figuring out how to fix this would at this stage be as likely as finding a cure for cancer. There's nothing that can be done."
lol.

No honestly, just lol. Experimenting doesn't hurt anyone. If it was another discussion on for example, healers and their Petrify (Abyssal skill) would you still say that there is no way of fixing it? No way of fixing being permanently-cc'ed (unless you are playing with battlerage)? Because I'm pretty sure there are a lot of things that can be done about that, even if it's just small changes like increasing their cooldown by 1-2 seconds.

I disagree completely i'm afraid with the changes and here's why:-

DRs are very strong but with the upcoming patch and balance fixes this would be unnecessary. I see the point trying to be made however I think with the upcoming patch on the horizon we should hold off until then to see what happens. As far as i remember on live, DRs were tweaked but remained strong and Mages/Archers got heavily changed in a positive way to bring them on easily as equal terms.

Lets remember we need to think of this as a whole aswell, Archers and Mages are absolutely much better in RvR where as DRs aren't as much use there. If we are talking about Arenas then maybe different balances are required but then again there are many counter classes for DR.

Conclusion:-

Leave things as they are and wait to see what happens after this custom 3.5 patch here before any decisions are made.

Whether or not something can be done to balance out the class isn't the question. The question is how do we go about testing these changes to make sure once changed that things remain balanced.

Like I stated above we would need to test this in a controlled environment.

" There was going to be a test-server a week before 3.5 release anyways, so why not give it a try there."

I already answered this. Putting hundreds of players with a variety of skills levels / ping just isn't an effective way to test such changes. You would need the best of every class with the best pings, and every change made would need countless hours of testing. As an example if you increased the damage of *Arc Lightning* , you would need to test abilities like leech>frigid tracks > arc lightning , and what happens if you use BeL into that combo, what happens when you use shadowstep into that combo, charge into that combo and so fourth.

Think of it like a giant clock that runs on cogs, if you try to remove a single cog and replace that cog with one that is too big or too small, then the whole clock stops working. Then you're left with two options, do I replace every other cog in the clock to match this new cog, or do I just keep the same cog that originally worked with this clock. Now it's possible to replace the cog if you proceed with option one and replace every other cog to match the new change it's just going to take a lot of work. Work our current developers I don't think are prepared for.

It's not me being overprotective of my class, it's me being protective in general of being able to play this server. Change can be positive or negative. Too much or too little change can cause problems. The original developers have already taken the time to test skill balance, but not ours. So for me it's simple, would I prefer if A) Skill balance tested thousands of hours by the original developers of this game be implemented, or B) Change of Skill Balance tested for 0 hours by our current developers implemented. All I stated is it's probably better to not poke around into what we don't fully understand.

"but think about other people who actually are trying to win the fights with skill and not with luck."
You think DR's only win fights by luck? Yeah you need to anticipate abilities, and there will be a small amount of luck involved to accurately predict each ability that will be used in a fight, but anticipating that your prediction will be wrong is key. Is a game of chess won by luck? People can anticipate your next few moves but also a lot of times are wrong about how you play your hand, so what because you were wrong about what piece they would move next it's GG ? No. This is where skill comes in, because you didn't anticipate one single rotation or moveset, a skilled opponent is capable of anticipating multiple scenarios and knowing how to react to each one.

My point to all this is there's no need to adjust the numbers in an attempt to balance anything, as this is already all been tested and done. Let 3.5 come out naturally and the changes in skill balance with them.

Last edited:
I agree, waiting for 3.5 and giving it a bit of time to see how the classes turn out to be, is a good idea. Maybe the devs already have their own tweaks implemented, who knows.
One thing I don't understand however @Semerian

Why do you think this change would need to be tested by "the best of every class with the best pings" ?
This change affects the entire server, why would you only let the "best players" anticipate ? "Who" is the best players ? Who would decide about what players get to test it and who doesn't ?
I don't see how only people with low pings should test it either. This change is literally a suggestion for high-ping players. Why should they get excluded from testing ? I don't get what you're trying to say here at all.

You do seem overprotective about your class. You say 0.5s of doing no damage is the end of the world to a darkrunner, but it's fine for archers to continue having double that duration ? I could also simply suggest to give teleport 0.5s GCD, or that the pre-cast of Mirror Warp shouldn't trigger one at all. And you'd be just fine with it, simply because you'd benefit from it. You are being selfish by saying "I don't want my class to be ruined because you have high ping." I don't want anything to be ruined, I want balance. And I am by far not the only player from outside of NA.
Your gap-closers have a clear advantage over the ones from Auramancy. So stop pretending a little tweak would make yours worse, they'll just get on par with the rest we have.
And then you suggest to only let "the best & low ping players" test this change (I assume with "the best pings" you meant low-ping).
You're basically telling me that I should get along with being at a disadvantage, while you're class should stay at an advantage, even though it is undoubtly stronger in almost every way.

My point to all this is there's no need to adjust the numbers in an attempt to balance anything, as this is already all been tested and done. Let 3.5 come out naturally and the changes in skill balance with them.

So what you're saying is "The devs at XLGames have tested this, it made it into the game, and therefore it is balanced just fine, so no need to tweak anything?" Do I understand this right ?
If you really think this way, then everything in this game is fine and balanced the best it could be, which we all know is a fairytale.

- correct me if i'm wrong about what i took out from what you said.

Last edited:
Back