What's new

Suggestions

The One you exchange for the Login Badge is not bound. It says Bound, but I believe they changed it a long time ago. Usually by the 14 days mark the Serendipity stones dropped on prices because players got the login badge at that time, now that it's changed IDK how it's going to be.

I already stated that it was not bound but SAYS that it is bound in the exchanger on the list but isn't once you craft it. It's a mistype on the crafting list is all that i was saying and figured they may want to change it. I know the text wasn't changed because i made one with some badges last night.

The One you exchange for the Login Badge is not bound. It says Bound, but I believe they changed it a long time ago. Usually by the 14 days mark the Serendipity stones dropped on prices because players got the login badge at that time, now that it's changed IDK how it's going to be.

I did read several of your comments about Wool, hopefully the devs reconsider and it's why I brought it up again. Previously they were concerned with 3.5, events and fixes, so maybe now that there isn't much going on they would do the next stacking changes.

I have a small glimmer hoping so then <3
10k WOOL PLZ :DDD

Not sure where this goes. I realize this is an older comment, and i don't know if you have been informed yet or not but the Serendipity Stone that you can get from the Login Badge Exchanger is listed as "Bound..." but is not once you craft it. Could you change that at some point, please? I'm not sure if the Loyalty one is as well or not. Haven't really found a reason to spend my loyalty on one :)
Serendipity Stones were changed to tradable a while back. Due to it crafts description will be corrected.

Fishing and Trade Events

Greetings everyone o/

So, since those great and fun events were implemented, I always wanted to do them. I even tried to complete them sometimes. But, the risk and gold you need to invest for the trade events, is higher than I would expect, regarding the rewards you get.

Yesterday I completed the trade event with the charcoals and I had a lot of fun. I used cargo packs as it would take ages with the normal packs to complete all three quests. In order to complete them, I spent around 700-800g for the cargo packs, plus vocation, plus fuel, plus a lot of labor. But the rewards were a little bit low, as even if you sell them and also sell the charcoal you get, you don't get even and you lose gold.

I get it that we also get Warrior's Medals, Merit Badges and Gilda as rewards, but again, the risk to complete most of the quests and the gold and time you spend to do that, is high. I think the fishing event is great as it is, as you don't need to spend a lot of gold to complete them. But for the trade events, I would suggest the following:

1) Keep the rewards as it is but add gold as an extra reward too.
1st Quest: 100g
2nd Quest: 150g
3rd Quest: 200g

That would allow us to sell the charcoal and with the gold rewards, you can keep the rest rewards for yourself and you don't have to sell them.

or

2) Lower the needed cargo packs you need to deliver by 20-25% or increase the points you get by delivering normal packs.

and/or

3) Add a low chance that we get a random (fixed list) extra reward inside the chests we get in each quest.

Thank you again for adding more and more events. I will wrap up here as I have barrels to make! :D

Fishing and Trade Events

Greetings everyone o/

So, since those great and fun events were implemented, I always wanted to do them. I even tried to complete them sometimes. But, the risk and gold you need to invest for the trade events, is higher than I would expect, regarding the rewards you get.

Yesterday I completed the trade event with the charcoals and I had a lot of fun. I used cargo packs as it would take ages with the normal packs to complete all three quests. In order to complete them, I spent around 700-800g for the cargo packs, plus vocation, plus fuel, plus a lot of labor. But the rewards were a little bit low, as even if you sell them and also sell the charcoal you get, you don't get even and you lose gold.

I get it that we also get Warrior's Medals, Merit Badges and Gilda as rewards, but again, the risk to complete most of the quests and the gold and time you spend to do that, is high. I think the fishing event is great as it is, as you don't need to spend a lot of gold to complete them. But for the trade events, I would suggest the following:

1) Keep the rewards as it is but add gold as an extra reward too.
1st Quest: 100g
2nd Quest: 150g
3rd Quest: 200g

That would allow us to sell the charcoal and with the gold rewards, you can keep the rest rewards for yourself and you don't have to sell them.

or

2) Lower the needed cargo packs you need to deliver by 20-25% or increase the points you get by delivering normal packs.

and/or

3) Add a low chance that we get a random (fixed list) extra reward inside the chests we get in each quest.

Thank you again for adding more and more events. I will wrap up here as I have barrels to make! :D
The event is designed as a bonus for those who deliver a lot of that pack type. If you're just buying a T3 pack and turning it in at the closest inland place for charcoal you're defeating the point of it being bonuses to the trade rewards by going solely for the quest rewards

The event is designed as a bonus for those who deliver a lot of that pack type. If you're just buying a T3 pack and turning it in at the closest inland place for charcoal you're defeating the point of it being bonuses to the trade rewards by going solely for the quest rewards

I appreciate the reply and now that you mention it, I agree :)

Can we add serendipity stones to the sealstone recipes? It would be nice to craft serendipity stones with the sealstones you get from hasla.

I'm honestly kind of tickled by this. Why did you guys go this route instead of buffing the activities itself? Like...the player base has been calling for a buff to fishing in this game since before AR even existed, and instead of buffing it to make it worthwhile for players to go fishing all the time, you tack on rewards unrelated to fishing itself to coax us out to do the horribly unprofitable event on certain days of the week. Yeah I know, bots was a worry. But all you had to do was remove freshwater fishing from save zone water sources and that would've made life significantly more difficult for fishing bots.

Same goes for the 3.5 trade system. The system is ass, we all know it's ass, XLGames even reverted half of the system because THEY know it's ass, and yet instead of improving the profitability of pushing those cargo, the only enticing option was to give us an event added onto the system that very quickly becomes YET ANOTHER GOLD SINK while giving players rewards unrelated to the activity itself.

Last edited:
But all you had to do was remove freshwater fishing from save zone water sources and that would've made life significantly more difficult for fishing bots.
that would make life difficult not only for bots.
Different fish types can be found in different zones, and some types are required for some receipt, remove them will break a lot of other things.

that would make life difficult not only for bots.
Different fish types can be found in different zones, and some types are required for some receipt, remove them will break a lot of other things.

No no no, sport fishing. The entire post was about the daily events, and there isn't a custom event for bait worm fishing. Like, the sport fishing event. Remove sport fishing holes from freshwater spawns that are in peace zones (there are conflict zones with freshwater spawns).

I'm honestly kind of tickled by this. Why did you guys go this route instead of buffing the activities itself? Like...the player base has been calling for a buff to fishing in this game since before AR even existed, and instead of buffing it to make it worthwhile for players to go fishing all the time, you tack on rewards unrelated to fishing itself to coax us out to do the horribly unprofitable event on certain days of the week. Yeah I know, bots was a worry. But all you had to do was remove freshwater fishing from save zone water sources and that would've made life significantly more difficult for fishing bots.

Same goes for the 3.5 trade system. The system is ass, we all know it's ass, XLGames even reverted half of the system because THEY know it's ass, and yet instead of improving the profitability of pushing those cargo, the only enticing option was to give us an event added onto the system that very quickly becomes YET ANOTHER GOLD SINK while giving players rewards unrelated to the activity itself.

As you know Trader's Day (previously Merchant's Day) and Fisher's Day existed for over a year. What we did is improved them (+ added one more new event), so players could follow on their points during the event and receive the reward right away after the task is completed. Also some changes in rewards took place. They were changed according to the current 3.5 version (changes in items and addition of Trade Outlets). Event helped to resolve the problem of T3 packs. Why not to buff the T3 packs reward? As you remember, that reward is a charcoal. Would increase of the charcoal amount in the reward be a good change?! No, that would lead to the market glut and charcoal being too cheap. So, making it profitable by completing the T3 pack delivery during the event is a good change to stimulate the T3 packs delivery as well as a good bonus to other packs delivery.

Event helped to resolve the problem of T3 packs. Why not to buff the T3 packs reward? As you remember, that reward is a charcoal. Would increase of the charcoal amount in the reward be a good change?! No, that would lead to the market glut and charcoal being too cheap. So, making it profitable by completing the T3 pack delivery during the event is a good change to stimulate the T3 packs delivery as well as a good bonus to other packs delivery.

The thing is, T3 packs weren't that bad of a problem. Enticing people to run T2 packs to make T3 packs in the first place was a problem. No one was denying that T3 cargo packs weren't runnable, but when you tell people that one of the only ways to make those T3 packs exist is to pay 25 gold to get back 40 gold, people are more inclined to just do regular trade runs because that's basically us gold sinking ourselves to then create a T3 pack that we have to pay another 25-35 gold for Charcoal. We're gold sinking ourselves for a material and that's my point. The end-goal is a perfectly fine reward and the events themselves are a nice bit of extra, the issue is that making those T3 packs in the first place is a painful gold and time sink and that is the reason why people weren't utilizing the cargo system as much. The pack event is encouraging people to bite the bullet and run unprofitable packs for rewards unrelated to the packs themselves when in reality the activity should be buffed to make it a viable commerce option alongside the 3.0 trade pack system. That way the player base is running these packs constantly and keeping the economy moving instead of waiting for the event day to arrive to then run the packs.

Yeah, the event keeps the system moving, but it's a multi-day waiting game that could be fixed if the pain point was fixed. Same goes for fishing. I know dozens of people interested in sport fishing, and that's all they remember from Live. But it's so unprofitable for people to go sport fishing on their own that the only time they go fishing is for the Fisher's Day event, when in reality the seas would be more alive if people had a reason to go out every day rather than on certain days.

Can you guys add the option to buy more than 1, on the purchase of 1000 Credit box ? Most players like to trade in the 1000 stack quantities.

to something like this:

1 -> 1010
10 -> 10100
50 -> 50500

It's a pain sometimes to have to click 1000 credits 100+ times and then take each one out of the marketplace mail 100+ times.

Thanks,
Ok. We'll add that option for purchase them in a stack of 10 in 3.5.
@Sparkle I know you're busy bud but this would be an absolute godsend to have sometime soon :) It takes forever to buy all the credit packs and then take them out of the mail.

@Sparkle I know you're busy bud but this would be an absolute godsend to have sometime soon :) It takes forever to buy all the credit packs and then take them out of the mail.
We'll add an option for 1000 credit packs to be purchased in stack of 5 and 10 with the next server restart.

While we're at it, would it be possible to add a button which would allow us to pick up everything from marketplace mail - like it is with normal mail for example?

While we're at it, would it be possible to add a button which would allow us to pick up everything from marketplace mail - like it is with normal mail for example?
No. Marketplace mail is setup so that every purchase has to be confirmed when taken out of mail

There's no option to 'unconfirm' it though. We're already seeing confirmation popup when buying which takes months to load so we have more than enough time to reconsider the purchase. The mailbox thing is nothing more than nuisance in this case.

There's no option to 'unconfirm' it though. We're already seeing confirmation popup when buying which takes months to load so we have more than enough time to reconsider the purchase. The mailbox thing is nothing more than nuisance in this case.
As that is a separate mail system it has its own mechanics. Can't confirm or deny the possibility of such change for now.

Back