What's new

Abolisher - Opinions

Nightcore

I've already done a post about leather or plate for Abolisher, but the answers were not quite useful.

I would like to promote a discussion where we can show our point of view about if the best is plate or leather and WHY.

I've been playing tank classes in MMORPG for about 10 years and it was never so hard to decide what to go. In ArcheRage you can go leather or plate. The difference is about the magic defense? No. You have critical rate and when you get tripped it will be -20% of the debuff time. That's why people goes for leather.

There are 2 ways to gear your Abolisher in my opinion and I will explain it.

Plate - People that goes with plate usually are focusing on being unkillable and not cares about stomping enemies with tons of damage. When you go for plate you need to use magic resist lunagems and stuff that complete your way to get a big amount of magic resist. When you are giving up atk.speed and mobility lunagems you are giving up on damage to be as tankier as possible, with more HP and more defense.

Leather - Some people plays Abolisher like it is a Darkrunner with less critical damage/rate and more resist. That's the thing about going for leather: you spend lunagems to make your character much more like a assassin, with mov.speed and atk.speed lunagems. You get a HUGE killing potential with a reasonable physic and magic defense.

I think that until you get to your endgame you should go for leather, but when you have the gold, plate is superior.

That's my opinion about it. I made a lot of tests in archeage calculator and it seems that the difference is what I said, but since the website is in 4.5 version I can't say I'm sure. When I played 3.0 in live, plate used to be so fucking unkillable and it had a lot of burst at end game but untill you get 6k gs you just accept being stomped.

Please, I would really appreciate if Abolisher players in this servers comes up and talk about their experience and opinions about it.

Back