What's new

ArcheRage 3.0 Discussion

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi All!

We are invariably approaching global ArcheRage 3.0 update. More details here. We'll keep posting details within the next few weeks.

This thread is created for you to discuss coming update, share your thoughts and ideas.

So let's have it started!

Let me just start by pointing out the big Elephant in the room.

Vocation changes. There are many players that did not like it majority ,especially animals/seeds/sapplings being gated behind vocation, followed by the new ways of earning vocation.

And Families and Family Quests which contradict our One account ,no multitasking policy, and many players are enjoying having only their characters in families so they can not do those quests without breaking the rules, or disbanding their family.

Introducing charms which will allow players to reach divine easier, and buffing up socketing chance was part of 3.0 if im not mistaken so please keep that.

Thats all for now. More than enough ;)

We will have any changes that touch pvp ? Cuz ppl complain about shield penetration buff when 3.0 went live.

There's a lot of people here, like myself, who didn't play live past original launch or never played at all so we have no idea what's even to come in 3.0.

Would it be possible for the team to post a list of what is coming so everyone can vote and discuss every line of what's coming?

Introducing charms which will allow players to reach divine easier, and buffing up socketing chance was part of 3.0 if im not mistaken so please keep that.

A buff to socketing chance would be appreciated. Especially if it comes in the form of the changes that were previously discussed in the other gemming megathread where socketing new honor gems wouldn't break the previous ones. I wouldn't mind the chances of getting a 7th focus gem in an epic 2H being terribly low if my previous gems didn't break.

I'd also like to see the community having the ability to vote on several changes as well. Most importantly, the removal of the Exeloch DGS and the overall DGS changes, the floor-restricted drops of library materials, removal of gold rewards for hero leadership tiers, and other factors that created a stagnation on income/progress on legacy.

There's a lot of people here, like myself, who didn't play live past original launch or never played at all so we have no idea what's even to come in 3.0.

Would it be possible for the team to post a list of what is coming so everyone can vote and discuss every line of what's coming?

Here were the proposed changes from legacy AA: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?301401-Revelation-3.0-Update-Notes-Table-of-Contents

Many things worked, many didn't. In my opinion, most of the more serious changes came in the form of limiting individual player income from hero and DGS, as well as making tiering up Obsidian weapons much harder due to library changes.

Please no Gilda requirements added to pack crafting - this effectively halves the amount of cost-effective packs at specialty benches. Gilda is expensive as enough as is - we don't need another sink.

Please do not implement the stupid "lockbox" change to larceny. Lunarite is already sparce in the current environment - let's not choke that further.

what already have been discussed:

Unbind obsidian before the update hits, so ppl can make new main dwarf/warborn chars without gearing up all over again.

changes to taxes, so all the new land won't be taken on release day by ppl who already own massive chunks of land.

make it easier for new players to get into the server(Raise the auroria gear droprate, fix the hasla event etc.)

what already have been discussed:

make it easier for new players to get into the server(Raise the auroria gear droprate, fix the hasla event etc.)

Auroria Gear drop rate is decent to be honest, you can farm for 2 hours and get a lot of gears

The 3.0 patch was actually a really good patch for the game, and a lot of fun to play on. Should bring in a healthy new population, as long as you don't try and change it too much.

My biggest things with 3.0:

Leave the new races/new zones alone. That is part of the allure of 3.0 for new players. MAKE SURE LAND GRAB IS NOT BOTTED. Or no new players will find a home to get started from.

Address the leather/plate armor reforging exploit. It isn't hard to miss.

Leave Abyssal Skills how they are, they were actually surprisingly balanced in the 3.0 launch and really helped a lot of classes get on par with the 2.9 meta classes.

Keep the Class Skill changes that come standard on 3.0 how they are. Those too were a benefit to the game, and made the game actually playable for solo healers. The nerfs and changes to Shrug/Bondbreaker are absolutely essential and should not be messed with.

Use this patch to implement the honor gem socketing change we have all been asking for.

All those quality of life buffs like turning on/off auto roll on dropped items and items being stackable up to 1000 instead of 100 etc. were really great about this patch. Please keep them.

Adjust the Valiant Weapon recipes to require only the tokens you get from Hasla Rift, or a mixture of a small amount of the tokens from Zombie Rift and a large amount of the tokens from Hasla Rift. Right now no one on the server is crafting them, which means no new players are getting a good weapon to start off with when they come in at 3.0 and they won't stick around long. I like the Valiant weapons better than the Mistsong weapon you get from Aria's Autograph in 3.0. And make it so that T1 Valiant is Heroic, T2 is Unique, T3 is Celestial, T4 is Divine.

PLEASE give out the Legacy Gear Ticket that allows everyone to get a full Soulforged set when you launch 3.0 this would make it so people leveling characters on the new races or new players coming into the game can get right into the mix of things in a weeks worth of effort. That is essential. No one is going to be captivated by a patch if they cant do anything in it due to gear gap.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Implement a Race Change within your own faction option. I don't care if it costs 4000 Credits. Just make it happen. So many people will come back that don't play right now if you make it so they can swap from a Catperson to a Ravager or from an Elf to a Dwarf. PLEASE

Last edited:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Implement a Race Change within your own faction option. I don't care if it costs 4000 Credits. Just make it happen. So many people will come back that don't play right now if you make it so they can swap from a Catperson to a Ravager or from an Elf to a Dwarf. PLEASE
If I'm not mistaken there was a thread previously regarding 3.0 and race changes and they already said it ain't happening.

SAY NO TO ROYAL SEEDS -That whole system of royal seeds destroyed larder farming and weakened trading as a whole.

While your at it cut out all of this garbage below that made husbandry a dead profession!

Husbandry (Harvesting)
  • Recipe Adjustment: Multi-Purpose Aging Larder – now requires 1 royal seed instead of 6 shatigon’s blessing.
  • Recipe Addition: Livestock Supplement. Requires 3 hushed star healing potions and 3 clover. No longer purchased with vocation points.
  • Recipe Adjustment: Small bamboo chicken, duck, and goose cages now require 180000 Husbandry Skill. These coops and cages now require 5 bait worms instead of shatigon’s blessings.
  • Famed Recipe Adjustment: Sheep, goat, cow, yata, and bear pens now require 230000 Husbandry Skill. These pens now require 1-2 heavy hardwood instead of shatigon’s blessings.
  • Recipe Adjustment: Experia Duck Patch – now requires 10 royal seeds instead of blue salt hammers.
  • Fresh Fertilizer can be obtained as a rare harvest.
All of the above made 100's quit the game all together and destroyed Husbandry for good!

If I'm not mistaken there was a thread previously regarding 3.0 and race changes and they already said it ain't happening.

Within the own faction, whether its a race change ticket or like a submit a ticket when you have a lvl 55 character on your same faction to swap your equipped gear/inventory over to. Either way. Make this happen.

SAY NO TO ROYAL SEEDS -That whole system of royal seeds destroyed larder farming and weakened trading as a whole.

While your at it cut out all of this garbage below that made husbandry a dead profession!

Husbandry (Harvesting)
  • Recipe Adjustment: Multi-Purpose Aging Larder – now requires 1 royal seed instead of 6 shatigon’s blessing.
  • Recipe Addition: Livestock Supplement. Requires 3 hushed star healing potions and 3 clover. No longer purchased with vocation points.
  • Recipe Adjustment: Small bamboo chicken, duck, and goose cages now require 180000 Husbandry Skill. These coops and cages now require 5 bait worms instead of shatigon’s blessings.
  • Famed Recipe Adjustment: Sheep, goat, cow, yata, and bear pens now require 230000 Husbandry Skill. These pens now require 1-2 heavy hardwood instead of shatigon’s blessings.
  • Recipe Adjustment: Experia Duck Patch – now requires 10 royal seeds instead of blue salt hammers.
  • Fresh Fertilizer can be obtained as a rare harvest.
All of the above made 100's quit the game all together and destroyed Husbandry for good!
Yeah these changes actually killed any reason to do this proficiency.

Please for the love of God let the races that have Passives keep their passives. Seriously that was one of the things I hated the most about 3.0. Why should an Elf have to activate a skill to breath under water or swim faster, why should a firran have to activate a skill to climb faster (negate fall would have been nicer if it wasn't such a long cooldown).

Back