What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

Sounds a lot more complicated than just keeping the trade system the way it is now. Current system isn't broken, XL just did it to make Fresh Start servers feel like it's a "new" system, but it ruined Legacy servers (it also made FS servers more volatile, but that's not important). You would have to find some way to quadruple the amount of Charcoal acquired using your system, or they'd have to reduce the cost of crafting (and by reduce I mean keep it how it is now).

Also, can you tell me where you get your 99% of all people who run packs for charcoal run it to sell it? Prices for Charcoal in the last couple of weeks have gone up 30%, and the same amount of Charcoal still gets purchased a day (the most in the last 3 weeks was purchased yesterday), so gold isn't the problem, which means your 99% case is false.

Last edited:
It's nice to get surprised with game events and gifts, but not with patch 3.5. I kindly suggest to post work-in-progress patch notes with list of changes you gonna make from original.

So people can give suggestions instead of being sceptical and paranoid about what we gonna get in this thread.

I second this

The trade system in 3.5 was not made to make things better for players. It was meant to increase the grind, funnel players into specific ports and force them to interact (AKA PvP). It failed miserably because of a number of reasons. It removed the freedom of pack tradeins and forced players to turn in at port locations. So a lot of land close to the ports suddenly became useless for larders and prime land locations where already filled. Gold income was increased but every goldsink in the game was dramatically increased. Regrade cost skyrocketed and cost for crafting went up. So you got more gold yet everything you use to do cost much more gold. No one was guaranteed cargo and it was first come, first server. Many people just hovered around ports just to have a chance to get one and the reward for it was so low compared to how much you actually needed to craft. To get the best charcoal trade-in you needed to go into a pvp zone with all those pvp problems but you only had a certain amount of time to turn it in before the reward went down. A car was the only vehicle fast enough to deliver in the time limit and if you were delayed by pvp, your reward would have been better if you just went to the safe zones. It was a terrible system they used in an effort to stimulate servers that were already losing players and it failed to even do that. I'll repeat what others have said here... The system was so bad and it had such a negative influence over the players that they rolled back the half of the system into a restrictive, watered down version of what we already have. There is absolutely no reason to make this change.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT change the trade system. No cargo. :( That change alone ruined the entire retail experience for me.

In my opinion crafted gear without rng is the players benefits becouse farming for mats is esier than regrading the obsidian gear.The gear looks really badass i it was hard to get it on live becouse of the trade sistem was bad at the same time.
The 3.5 patch was called erenor becouse it the main "supreme" gear. I think that this gear is the true face of this game i would be sad if a gear like this will not appear on the 3.5 patch notes.

Well among the main changes that I observed when I played the 3.5 I can indicate:

- Erenor, I find it good because it is a new level for the armor and weapons of the game. Although it creates a lot of difference with the other equipment, this can be solved by adding ways to obtain this equipment or the predecessor equipment (Ayanad, Delphinad, Ephereum, etc.)
For example, creating more difficult dungeons than their reward is Ayanad, Delphinad, Ephereum, etc. In this way the teamwork and development of the dungeons is benefited as it is another way by which you can improve your gear. This helps the economy of the game and the occasional players.
- Elimination of the wisp, I have never liked the wisp, I find it very expensive since there is only one way to obtain it and there are not many possibilities for an occasional player. With the archeum farms an occasional player can, in a little longer time, obtain the materials for an armor or weapon.
- Ancestral skills, I liked them, but there are some skills that made a big difference. But that usually happens in MMOs. It will only be necessary to make adjustments in the skills to find the balance.
- New content, always welcome.
- New areas, it is always welcome, but without snow.
- Trading system, uffff this is a big issue, not all the change was bad. The trades in Auroria were fine. The bad thing was that the packs created by you could not be sold in another continent. Having to buy packs to exchange them for charcoal was what made the price of this material go up. Here I think a mixture would be very good. Maintain the current system and add Diamond Shores as a sales area for packs. It will also help the creation of packs in Auroria.

Greetings.

I am heavily against Erenor gear, it just makes the gap even bigger among the players. That gear only benefits to 1% of the server. Nothing scares away a new player than to see someone at 12k gs or more like on retail, which is absolutely impossible to reach as a mortal. At least 6-7k (and that 8 is not that away from there, but 12..) is achievable with long playtime.

I am heavily against Erenor gear, it just makes the gap even bigger among the players. That gear only benefits to 1% of the server. Nothing scares away a new player than to see someone at 12k gs or more like on retail, which is absolutely impossible to reach as a mortal. At least 6-7k (and that 8 is not that away from there, but 12..) is achievable with long playtime.
Gearscore is rescaled and gemming changes in 3.5 so you can socket gems that give even larger GS. A lot of the people who are on the top of the list now will be 10-13k gs when the patch drops, has NOTHING to do with Erenor in specific. Please do not make false equivalences and try removing content from the game because as of right now you're just lying.

please keep trade the way it is now. please no erenor gear. please keep majestic trees and mine drills in the vocation shop. please don't increases costs for things like regrades and gemming. please don't add charcoal to like almost every recipe.

I wish we knew what could be changed and what could not be changed, that would make this 13 pages of the same repetitious stuff a lot easier to navigate.

Everyone is saying the same thing - which is fine. But i feel like past page 5 of this whole thread is beating a dead horse in the ground for stuff that we don't even know if the dev's can even change. Yeah they made some adjustments to for the 3.0 patch, which was heavily appreciated, but the stuff in 3.5 is game breaking to a point that it could make or break the server.

@Sparkle - what are reasonable things that we should be asking for, that can actually be changed?

Can the Trade Mechanics be removed from 3.5 or can we expect to keep the trade system in 3.5 but with higher pay outs and adjusted rates?

Can the Erenor gear even be removed?

I feel like the trade system is so embedded into the core files that the only way to fix it is to adjust rather than flat out removing it and overlaying it on top of what we already have to try and keep both would cause all manner of hic-ups on the server i would think. It's a touchy subject but we all knew that since live... i'm just glad we have people here who care about the game just as much as the players do.

Thanks! =D

I wish we knew what could be changed and what could not be changed, that would make this 13 pages of the same repetitious stuff a lot easier to navigate.

Everyone is saying the same thing - which is fine. But i feel like past page 5 of this whole thread is beating a dead horse in the ground for stuff that we don't even know if the dev's can even change. Yeah they made some adjustments to for the 3.0 patch, which was heavily appreciated, but the stuff in 3.5 is game breaking to a point that it could make or break the server.

@Sparkle - what are reasonable things that we should be asking for, that can actually be changed?

Can the Trade Mechanics be removed from 3.5 or can we expect to keep the trade system in 3.5 but with higher pay outs and adjusted rates?

Can the Erenor gear even be removed?

I feel like the trade system is so embedded into the core files that the only way to fix it is to adjust rather than flat out removing it and overlaying it on top of what we already have to try and keep both would cause all manner of hic-ups on the server i would think. It's a touchy subject but we all knew that since live... i'm just glad we have people here who care about the game just as much as the players do.

Thanks! =D

I would like to know this as well. Is it even possible to change significant things about the patch or is all of this discussion for naught? This is the patch that put things into a downward spiral for live servers. We need to know what things can be changed, then we can continue with a more productive conversation rather than a glorified wishlist. If we can't change certain aspects of the system that had a negative effect on live servers I think it would be best not to release that version. People are happy with this server. We shouldn't force an update for the sake of progression if we already know people won't be happy with the results.

This thread was made for the players to provide their opinion about 3.5. Doesn't matter if players repeat each other, as that will just help us to better understand what should stay and what should be changed.

I can't provide you with the patch notes or, right now, confirm what and how will be changed as not all the points have already been confirmed. We wanted to gather some information from our players first, as we promised to you before, prior we move further with work on 3.5 update.

As for now, can just tell you that we are definitely going to rework 3.5 trade system as that was hated by the majority of the players. Crafts and gear is something we think may need adjustment in 3.5 as well.
I'll get more details to you as soon as all the points are confirmed, but I appreciate all your responses in this thread as they give us a better understanding on how you'd like to see 3.5 and what changes are needed for the better game play.

New proposed Erenor Crafting System

Major Changes

Mana Wisp…All versions of existing Mana Wisps are converted to 1 of the 3 main types. Sunlight Archeum Mana Wisp, Moonlight Archeum Mana Wisps, Starlight Archeum Mana Wisps.

Mana wisps of their respective types are produced by combining 5 Essences (or the respective type) to 1 Mana Wisp.

Mana Wisps are now useable as both regrade component AND upgrade component. To cost to upgrade rank of item is equivalent to cost the upgrade the tier of the item…(IE to take an illustrious weapon to Grand Tier costs 1 mana wisp, to upgrade an Illustrious Item to Magnificent also costs 1 Mana Wisp(plus additional material items, Wood/Metal or versions thereof).

Illustrious Regrade/Upgrade 1 Mana Wisp

Magnificent Regrade/Upgrade 3 Mana Wisp (Requires Grand Illustrious)

Epherium Regrade/Upgrade 6 Mana Wisp (Requires Arcane Magnificent)

Delphinad Regrade/Upgrade 12 Mana Wisp (Requires Heroic Epherium)

Ayanad Regrade/Upgrade 24 Mana Wisp (Requires Celestial Delphinad)

Erenor Regrade 48 Mana Wisp (Requires Divine Ayanad)

Regrade Braziers- Changed to produce Charm Fragments.

Charm Fragments can be combined to Create, Green, Blue and Red Charms respectively. Charms add a % chance for Great Success on any item Delphinad and Below. 25% Green, 50% Blue and 100% Red(Meaning with a red charm every upgrade would be a great Success).

Anchoring Charms- Normal Upgrade from tier to tier produces a basic version of the item. Anchoring Charms added for Grand-Mythic that will keep Grade of item from Upgrade Tier to Tier. In order to craft an anchoring shard for each tier you should need to salvage approximately 3 weapons of the required grade to produce the charm. IE to produce and Illustrious Tier Anchoring Charm you’d need to Salvage 3 Grand Illustrious Weapons, to then produce a Mag Tier Anchoring Charm you’d need to salvage 3 Arcane, etc, etc.

As you can see this system would be more expensive but produced non-RNG upgrade effects. The standard practice for upgrading a weapon would be to craft a T1 weapon upgrade it to Mythic, then Anchor Charm and Upgrade all the way to Erenor. You’d have to tinker with the reforge cost/salvage costs of materials (and anchoring shard values from items) to get the system where it’s a net loss to salvage and start over. It would also make content like dungeons that drop weapons for salvage more relevant, and open world content for Crate Farming More relevant as well…as the entire system item crafting system converts to an Archeum based system.

You can tinker with the reforging system to make it cost equivalent to craft directly to a tier but it always produces a basic version of the item.

But most importantly it would provide a path for new players to follow to close the gear gap without having to just get randomly lucky with regrades(the #1 issue for players of this game since day 1 of actual live servers).

This thread was made for the players to provide their opinion about 3.5. Doesn't matter if players repeat each other, as that will just help us to better understand what should stay and what should be changed.

I can't provide you with the patch notes or, right now, confirm what and how will be changed as not all the points have already been confirmed. We wanted to gather some information from our players first, as we promised to you before, prior we move further with work on 3.5 update.

As for now, can just tell you that we are definitely going to rework 3.5 trade system as that was hated by the majority of the players. Crafts and gear is something we think may need adjustment in 3.5 as well.
I'll get more details to you as soon as all the points are confirmed, but I appreciate all your responses in this thread as they give us a better understanding on how you'd like to see 3.5 and what changes are needed for the better game play.

That's totally fair and great news to hear. Thanks for the update Sparkle! <3

Poll what people would like out of the update. A lot of players did not like this update.

I think that would go against what they're trying to achieve here. That being they are getting us involved in solutions and problems instead of a generic poll where people just vote and no solutions are being offered.

I know I posted that super long suggestion in the thread, but I will say this just in General about the Erenor system. It felt weird that the pinnacle of the crafting system had a completely different non-RNG based system from the lower tier versions of the system. I'd like to see that crafting system expanded to include all tiers.

Please do not change the trade system we have right now in 3.0. PLEASE NO ERENOR GEARS/WEAPONS! if there is then just make it as strong as a t7 legendary. Our whales in the server have enough weapon/gears to kill their opponents already if they want something new to work on to there's more coming to 3.5 besides those weps/gears anyway there are new gems plus new skills/new meta , whatever things there are that are not erenor involved, we're counting on you dev teaaaaaam! <3

i hope that erenor sint removed from the game because it allow some classes to exists, u know, u can make more combinations and experiments with stats and armor types than actually.
The big issue with the 3.5 was the trade system and the charcoal on almost every recipe thing

Back