What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

Rework the rewards of certain professions. Like larceny and fishing. Having the server centered around trade run is BORING.

Regrade chances should stay the same as they are now.

Crafting should stay the same, with no ability to change rolls on items.

In that case Erenors will be harder to get and become trully endgame gear goal.
That would be way to add new content without messing entire game.

i don't understand why people want erenor ?
do you have 4 or 5 t3 gems in your belt guards & boots ? is your costume mythic maxed out, do your undergarments have 4 t3 gems, is your armor at least epic t7 and above ? is your weapon legendary t7/ayanad & above, is your off-hand bow and instrument the best it can be ?
if you answered to any of these questions with a "no it isn't" then why do you want to introduce even stronger hitting weapons ?
your gear isn't suitable for this kind of dps unless maxed out, you'll just get shit on by the very few players that are currently at their soft gear-cap, those who run around with mythics and fully gemmed gear. those are the people that will take advantage of erenor and one-shot you for ridiculous amounts while you keep pretending to be able to afford an epic or above erenor when you couldn't even make enough money to buy a legendary obsidian weapon..
you're illusionary if you think it lowers the so called gear-gap. it does the exact opposite. i just don't get how you could possibly think otherwise. you lower the gear-gap by introducing catch-up mechanics for lower geared players, that are of no advantage for end-game players. by introducing stronger stuff you just widen the gap between someone that just started and someone that played since launch. if you & the top end players can get the same strong weapon then how does it make any difference to you ??
all erenor does is reduce the time of fights even more by making people take turns in 1 shotting each other.

013ee5f46e79d0832ea2c8cc554b6e8a.png

if you introduce shit that is useable by endgame players, then how does it make a difference in the gear gap if both of you can end up buying it ? i feel like i'm teaching in an elementary school when drawing this.

at this point i'm honestly for bringing erenor into the game, just so that i can see all the people that wanted it be introduced, come to the forums and bitch about not surviving a single hit from anyone that has one.

why should i want have divine or above ayanad if i lose that work after the conversion on erenor? why should i wanna get a t7 if i want a erenor? you only shows with that kind of comments that u dont know how is the new gear system.
Who tell u that people think the gap will be closer than now?Who tell u that they cant make a new catch-up mechanics that official havent?
Erenor is the natural progression of ayanad as is t7 from t6 of obsidian, thats all. the gear-gap will be the same as now, the potato farmers will remain as potato farmers, the pve player gonna be pve player when 3.5 and the pvp players will make pvp too on 3.5.
The game gonna be the same with erenor, just with a new gear and more combinations of available classes

PS: I reply u, but dont take it as a attack for u, is a simple and innofensive argument about the erenor. If u fell dissapointed with something i wrote because u think i attacked u, sorry and let me know for change it

If you are going to install an update, remove the trade in coal before the update for 3 weeks, so that the percentage of packs does not fall by a few months to 70. Leave the craft the same as it is now, as well as regrade.

keep crafting recipes the same but take out the rng. cloaked crafted gear is fair and also a good catch up mechanic

Last edited:
(deleting my old post and posting a new one based on what I've seen so far from other users)

Personally I would prefer if Alchemy Oil recipes, and in general charcoal demand, remained unchanged.

I do hope you do not remove mana wisps or tinker with armor stats.

I would love to see Illustrious-Ayanad rolls being of personal choice so that our new players and undergeared players can work as a team among friends or guilds, in order to gear up to a level that pay to win sit at in this server. This would add more flavor to PvP, as you would see players with more uniform gearscore (assuming they'd go Celestial Delphinad for starters), which would even out the disadvantages that come with being f2p, and allow for even more freedom than was available before.

With the choice of selecting rolls, it would open a door for players to experiment with new classes rather than sitting at metas, as the prefixes in Delphinad and Ayanad gear provide a mix of stats that some rarely used classes could benefit from. If rolls could be chosen, it would only be a matter of resource for experimentation, and with Delphinad-Ayanad gear being tradeable, players can trade gear and try new things without much of a hiccup.

I would prefer if RNG and regrade changes were left out (from my research, the success rate was bigger at the cost of...well, regrade cost), and I feel as though it would be better if Erenor was either excluded, postponed, or heavily redone so that it is just a different strain of armor that provides more class flexibility, rather than becoming superior to either Ayanad or Obsidian.

Oh and please do not touch the trading system. The more turn in zones there are, the less competition for interest, the less stressful it is for fellow traderunners out there. Leave it as it is, it works quite well. :3 The cargo also had a terrible impact on the economy(charcoal) in live.

I'd also like to hear about possible land expansions, or a sub-server. It's getting a little tight here!

On a second note, mad excited for the Rampage to show up in game! I'd also love to see the Maxxxed Steambike become available for crafting!

i just have a suggestion about 10v10 arena ,you know some people just afk in base and some people run away without a fight ,and while you try to catch up it takes a long time until then times is almost up and the other team cant have a time to retaliate , which i believe is because of the ships speed , i know you did your best to keep it balanced but is it possible to increase ships speed a little i'm talking about 10 to 15 % anything to make the fight more fun and allow both teams to have a chance to win back the fight ,the ships get sooo slow thank you

I agree with the opinion of the trapwhre02 who wrote that it is too early to put an update. Because now the influx of players from Trion is gaining momentum, and it will be unpleasant for them to get into version 3.5, where it will be even harder to wear than in 3.0

I have read most of the opinions on here as well as all the patch notes available. I have only played AA for about 2 months now, so take my opinion however you want.

The new trading system needs to not happen. It seems awful and unnecessary. Charcoal is in a nice spot right now where there is enough people doing it that the AH is almost never completely out.

There's a lot of QoL changes like the 100 man raids that are pretty legit and I don't see anything wrong with them.

The ancestral skills are pretty cool and I am looking forward to them. Some of them definitely need to be adjusted and changed, because it increased the power of some classes by too much, for instance wave meteor.

Most of the crafting changes seem weird and unnecessary, like getting rid of wisps to archeum crystals. Adding charcoal to things like hereafters, especially if the other charcoal crafting changes happen, are completely dumb and just makes people stock up to them now while they aren't super expensive when the charcoal prices raise. Being able to turn a Ayanad piece into any type is pretty nice QoL change, but not absolutely needed if the crafting costs raise immensely.

Here's where my opinions get a bit controversial. I think Erenor is not very good as is. Its a gold sink that allows players to slowly build up a powerful weapon/armor. Typically this is a good addition to a server, it allows for the devs to get rid of excess gold and items by giving players something to put everything into. Unfortunately as the server currently is, it is just now recovered from the market crash and we are just now seeing Ayanads on the market. We also have a huge influx on new players coming into the server. Which, as we all know, the progression in AA is a bit daunting, especially as a new player to AA.

So I suggest a complete adjustment to Erenor. Rather than it being like a cape, where you throw items in to regrade it up, make it like all the rest of the crafted tiers. For instance, using the Life club stats, Epherium to Delphinad to Ayanad have about a 22% increase to DPS and Healing and about a 11% increase to spirit for each tier you go up.

So Using that information, an Erenor Life Club would have 406.5 dps, 474 HP, and 66 Spirit. As an additional bonus, I believe each Erenor piece should be able to roll one of its 3rd passive abilities, for the club it'd be critical rates, attack speed, or healing. The maximum value would be 60% of what the obsidian bonus is, so critical heal rate would be 5.1% at basic vs 8.6%. What these changes would do, is make crafted gear on par with obsidian t7, without disrupting the gear progression. It would also make the option between going crafted or obsidian the choice of wanting higher base stats or high passive stats.

My opinion comes from a different perspective. Ideally, (hopefully) there should be an overall concept that All players get treated fairly and equally.

That being set, how is it 'fair' or 'equal', when player A crafts an item up to a specific grade for 1000 gold, but player B is required to pay 5000 gold to craft an identical item to the identical grade? Just because they Both use the Same System, doe Not make it 'fair' or 'equal'. Its the Results that matter. And the System is the issue.

Any System that demands players spend resources and then Denies the player what they have Earned, all the while taking those resources, is inherently a Bad System.

So, at least as far as Gear goes, 3.5 should remove all aspects of RNG and allow the players to work toward crafting whatever gear they want. You may want to change recipes in order to make the top gear a challenge to craft, but it should be attainable by ALL players - If they want to put in the time and effort.

The day I spent 4000 gold and 300 loyalty, attempting to upgrade 1 piece of armor from unique to celestial (4 attempts, all with respendent scrolls, all with Red charms) and finished the process with the same piece of unique (Failed all 4 times) was the day I dumped AA.

I still think it is better to put the update a little later, somewhere in the March-April month. To give time to the players who came after Trion, at least get dressed in 5-6k gs.

I do just want to make the comment that the 3.5 cargo system does actually work quite well if the server maintains population...on 4.0 fresh their was never a shortage of cargo because people were running packs consistently...the problem is I don't think the server has fresh start population and without a max pop server it degrades to not working very well.

I do just want to make the comment that the 3.5 cargo system does actually work quite well if the server maintains population...on 4.0 fresh their was never a shortage of cargo because people were running packs consistently...the problem is I don't think the server has fresh start population and without a max pop server it degrades to not working very well.
Even when it works, at its best, it's still a shit-tier system that favors bots/glitch plays, safe runs, etc.. It's a system that all but killed the intercontinental merchant runs of old (with their high risk vs. high reward plays) in favour of running a few cargo packs at most at a time.

By and large, on every server it's been applied to, it almost instantly killed both intercontinental merch runs and pirating said merch runs, to the point where the seas became largely empty, save for the odd, region-centric events like luscas, abyssals, kraken.

It's just a really poorly thought system that XLGames don't know what to do with, as they keep trying to "fix it" every major update.

The reason it worked on Fresh Start was because even with degraded gold values from the packs you were turning in, everyone basically needed the gold regardless of the amount. As people got geared enough to earn gold in other ways, the population doing it would dwindle, and the system itself had no way to account for that, because it was a knee-jerk reaction XLGames made to "liven up" the game for people to get attracted to Fresh Start servers. It is a terrible system in the long run, and does not work well if the server maintains population because the SYSTEM needs to maintain population, not the server.

Tread carefully when moving forward with 3.5. This horrible release accelerated the demise of retail. The introduction of Erenor gear was a shameful cash grab by Trion. Don't do it. You might get a quick burst from the pay to win types, but you will start shedding players in a hurry.

No to Erenor
No to trade system changes
No to removal of wisps and salvage forges
No to pretty much any change crafting related with the exception of the transmuters.

Version 3.5 had very few redeeming qualities. New zones are never bad. The cottage remodel was nice. I don't remember if the new mansion remodel option was in 3.5 or later. Leave event times alone. That was another unnecessary change. Pretty much scrap 90% of what 3.5 had to offer. It was a nonsense update by Trion with changes made for the sake of making changes. And of course it was a pathetic attempt at a cash grab by them as well. If this release is anywhere near the retail version of 3.5, you will lose a lot of players.

Back