What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

No Erenor gear. If it's it is going to be implemented it needs to be nerfed to be equivelent to T7 obsidian and use the traditional regrade system
YES to the traditional regrade system... No one wants to spend 35k gold on an item to gain 5000 xp for their weapon to still be celestial!!!!!

What are you even talking about. Do you know how Erenor gear works, maybe you just worded that horribly ? Also Obsidian gear doesnt crystalize and obsidian gear has the worst % of all the gear. There isn't a % chance for crystalization, that's called failing/breaking the item and it's only crafted gear.

They ended up nerfing the skills and probably one of the few good things about the patch

The way the mats were was fine. Takes a while to farm makes p2w players actually have to do something

Not to mention NOT ALL CRAFTED gear would crystalize (Dawnsdrop could still break and not crystalize)

Yeah not in game :)
I get that you're so invested in obsidian gear, which at t7 is still extremely good and nothing will change that even in 3.5, but Erenor is the natural progression and next step of crafted gear.

There's literally no reason to remove gear and content and the purpose of zones.

change crafting to 3.5. its not fair obsidian doesnt ahve rng like crafting does atm. its only fair to make it the same and let crafters pick out the pieces they want

I get that you're so invested in obsidian gear, which at t7 is still extremely good and nothing will change that even in 3.5, but Erenor is the natural progression and next step of crafted gear.

There's literally no reason to remove gear and content and the purpose of zones.

Wgalesong and Asgis island both have daily events. Removing one farmable mob from each zone isn't going to hurt it. Also the mobs drop honor .

My weapon isn't good and couldn't care less if they add Erenor. In fact I almost have all the mats to make a scepter already. Just need to farm the ipnysh blessing.

Just thinking of the server, erneor weapons will destroy any chance of noobs raid PvPing and the general soft cap of gs.

NO TO ERENOR. We don't need overpowered weapons while new players from live are still coming over and gearing up. Erenor is basically a big fat middle finger.

KEEP TRADING AS IT IS. Why would you even change it? Are you an ape?

NO TO ERENOR. We don't need overpowered weapons while new players from live are still coming over and gearing up. Erenor is basically a big fat middle finger.

Why do you want to cuck the players that have been playing on the server since this private server launched? Erenor is new content and is part of the natural progression of the game.

Instead, the admins should implement a nice catch-up mechanic similar to Hiram gear on retail or a dungeon that newer players can grind for decent, respectable gear like how you can make Celestial dungeon gear with Abyssal Shards. Being able to grind dungeons or mobs for Divine Delphinad or Obsidian T5 equivalent-gear would be game-changing. If they can't do that, a global buff to defense would be pretty good, too.

ye why not, Implement Hiram gear and 100% chance for regrade so nothing brakes everyone will have same chance to pvp on same level.

I think it would be very good we hear many voices that this is PVP game and only this matters, removing gear progresion will bring everyone on same lvl and allow everyone for good pvp experience. Also u will not need any catch up mechanics cuz everyone will have same gear and in the same that will remove all "carebears" from server and that ofc everyone good pvper's want right ?

Last edited:
ye why not, Implement Hiram gear and 100% chance for regrade so nothing brakes everyone will have same chance to pvp on same level.

I think it would be very good we hear many voices that this is PVP game and only this matters, removing gear progresion will bring everyone on same lvl and allow everyone for good pvp experience. Also u will not need any catch up mechanics cuz everyone will have same gear and in the same that will remove all "carebears" from server and that ofc everyone good pvper's want right ?

Having 100% regrade ruins the natural grind of the game. Having something to work toward is the main drive for any mmo player and the regrade system is a core part of that experience for Archeage. Eliminating that part would basically alienate the people who enjoy the game for its other aspects and creating a flourishing ground for pvpers. I feel like that type of thing deserves its own server. I would love to see Hiram gear since its the only gear that allows stat customization to fit any class. However that gear came with patch 4.0. It's going to be some time till we see that gear on this server.

If think there are no reasons, you have clearly not read the rest of this thread. There are many reasons to not being Erenor in this patch.

I don't know if its even possible, but its something that would be custom only to ArcheRage... a system that will auto plant a farm for you. Like you go to the scarecrow and select the plant type and layout that you want and if you have the items in your inventory it will plant them for you. Even if there is like a 5 or 10 minute crafting bar it would be so worth it.

I have several farms that I almost never use because of how painstaking it is to plant crops. If this was added, it would bring in so many people to play on this server.

I know its unlikely or maybe impossible... but it would really improve the game for many people.

If you will add ERENOR gear please try to add something similar like Library Gear or Hiram for the ones who are not whale and can only play for a like 1 hour in a day.

I would say yes to the ancestral skills so long as they are the later, balanced versions.

But please for the love of god, DO NOT CHANGE THE TRADE SYSTEM. The cargo system killed live and it will kill this server even faster. I honestly don't know why they thought the trade system needed to be overhauled so much.

The current trade system is great and a huge part of what makes archeage archeage. Its not overly complicated, has a low barrier to entry, and rewards scale appropriately with effort/risk. It doesn't require land, but benefits from it both for growing and staging value. It is also a fantastic content driver. People ambush packrunners in war zones, or purposely push zones to war/peace to set up for mass runs. People hijack tradeships moving packs, guilds and friends run together to protect their ships. So much of the best PvP i've had on this server has been started by someone chancing on a red schooner, or someone's freighter getting jumped in Rook/WS and putting out a call to arms to the guild.

Just tonight we ran two merchants full of Rokhala packs to Nuia. We loaded our staged packs in Mahadevi and were immediately jumped by reds on a stripped merch when we pulled out. They botch the boarding and only a few manage to get on one of our merchants. Both ships manage to make it to the safety of Lutesong harbor, and the reds head back out into Castaway. We call in reinforcements from the guild since these packs are so valuable, and head back out under shroudlight. While we had originally planned to turn in to Solzreed, we decided to head to Cinderstone instead since we knew Privateers were still out looking for us and would just pick us off if caught in one of their safe zones. We got one merchant unloaded before they found us.

Privateers and friends sprinted from their port to the turn-in and immediately suicide bombed all our freighters to get at the packs inside. Queue pretty much everyone getting killed at least once by guards in the furball due to all the AoEs flying. We managed to get everything on the freighters turned in, but while we were occupied someone summoned a galleon behind us and proceeded to delete the second merchant before we could stop them. With 21 Rokhala packs now on the seafloor of the harbor, it now becomes a frantic water fight as everyone tries to grab packs and get up the ladders without dying. Other random greens and reds have showed up by now and are also trying to snag free packs. HoM end up getting a few into a freighter, and surprisingly X's up for invites to give them back and help us. The reds manage to get several of the packs away from us and turned in, but we ultimately wipe them and get probably 2/3 turned in.

While all of this has been going on, one of our guys had managed to kill the one dude left on the galleon and drives it to the other side of the harbor away from the guards. With packs done, we board the ship and use its own cannons to kill it and as many modules as we can. Privateers regroup and get to us right as we sink the ship. We have another somewhat disorganized fight, half-in and half-out of the water. A bunch of our people get picked off at the edges, but we ultimately win the fight thanks to numbers and healers. We regroup at the Nui, exchange GFs with the reds, and take our hero call out.

Final tally:
-We got the majority of our packs turned in.
-The reds managed to steal several high-value packs from me and make a bit of gold/charcoal. *shakes fist at Beck*
-Everyone involved thoroughly beat the snot out of each other and got some great PvP content.

All because discord got too quiet and I said "fuck it, anyone want to do a traderun?"

With the cargo system this never happens because it can't be easily set up by single/few people, or because some asshole with a bot snipes all the cargos in a safe zone. Maybe this story isn't the best example I could give, but was freshest in memory. It has become a meme in TnT how every time someone tries to run packs it ends up as a prolonged fight with someone. This sort of unplanned small-medium scale PvP, especially on the ocean, is what I play this game for. Don't take this away from me.

• Ancestral skills are amazing.
    • While some should be re-tuned - like songcraft sleep and sorcery ice meteor - the majority of them are interesting and fun changes in playstyle.
  • Please look into the holy bolt change in 3.5.
    • Currently, healing classes are barely able to solo content or defend themselves in the open world. With 3.5, holy bolt heals the caster for a mere half of the already insignificant damage it does.
    • Being difficult to kill is the only defense healers have, and rightfully so. A powerful darkrunner can CC-chain someone and kill them almost instantly. A powerful spellsinger can arc-lightning a target for a majority of its health. A powerful healer can keep themselves alive during a fight using their most basic and reliable healing ability.
    • This dynamic fits both mechanically and thematically within ArcheRage, and I ask that you omit the negative changes Trion implemented to vitalism's holy bolt ability.
  • The changes to trading
    • restricted access to charcoal
    • inflated the crafting economy to terrible heights
    • and made many players quit the game.
  • Crafting changes were very welcome.
    • The removal of the 3 lowest weapon/armor tiers was simple house-cleaning. No one used them.
    • The cloaked aspect of crafting was a god-send, and allowed for individuals to perfect and personalize their gear to fill unique niche roles within both PvP and PvE.
    • The removal of wisps allowed the archeum market to become a much larger player in crafting, and thus Auroria farming and larceny gained popularity and importance. This consolidation of materials gave focus to the crafting economy and thereby made crafting and selling gear a much less daunting ordeal.
  • Crafting Erenor gear became a large gold sink.
    • It didn't see noticeable returns until hundreds of thousands of gold were poured into a single piece of gear.
    • The synthesis aspect of the gear was a fun change, but using a divine Ayanad to create a basic Erenor was a significant step down in power. Erenor had to be synthesized all the way to divine before it was even comparable to the divine Ayanad required to make it.

Back