ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

- No new Craft
- No new trade system
- No new Halcyona war
- No new time for world bosses
- No new loot from world bosses
- Yes everything else
'omg

Craft Ayanad Staff in 3.0 - Basic Ocean staff(This thing is not counted in total amount), 13 sunlight archeum essense, 7 nuri forest lumber, 21 archeum ingot, ayanad weapon scroll, 27 gilda dust and 260 gold = 10541 gold

Craft Ayanad Staff in 3.5 - Celestial any staff(This thing is not counted in total amount), 78 sunlight archeum essense, 28 nuri forest lumber, 84 archeum ingot, ayanad weapon scroll and 260 gold = 18132 gold

The amount of this craft is only for craft from Delphium to Ayanad. Think again, people!

Last edited:
I would also say no to Erenor - Gear Gap drives people away. Keep top tier gear attainable for ALL and let PvP rely on skill.

I would suggest you leave Obsidian alone, and keep the wisps.

I would suggest you NOT change to the cargo system - It simply adds frustration where none needs to exist. From the clowns who use Alts to take all the seats so their friends boat sails can sweep characters off the decks of a supposedly paid for "safe" trip - to Alts parking at the docks grabbing every cargo pack before the person who brought in the exchange packs can get theirs - to the 'no combat' area so you can't do anything to adversely affect characters screwing you over - It was all COMPLETELY unwanted and COMPLETELY un-needed changes that did not improve the game at all.

And you should add Penguins

One thing that really bother me in 3.5 was that they ajust the tax rate charges of the improved 24x24 designs to as the same of the normal one, charging toward the amount of land you have - even applying in Auroria. This totally takes away credit of having a improved 24x24.

- No new Craft
- No new trade system
- No new Halcyona war
- No new time for world bosses
- No new loot from world bosses
- Yes everything else
'omg

Craft Ayanad Staff in 3.0 - Basic Ocean staff(This thing is not counted in total amount), 13 sunlight archeum essense, 7 nuri forest lumber, 21 archeum ingot, ayanad weapon scroll, 27 gilda dust and 260 gold = 10541 gold

Craft Ayanad Staff in 3.5 - Celestial any staff(This thing is not counted in total amount), 78 sunlight archeum essense, 28 nuri forest lumber, 84 archeum ingot, ayanad weapon scroll and 260 gold = 18132 gold

The amount of this craft is only for craft from Delphium to Ayanad. Think again, people!
Here's what you're forgetting: the 8+ average failures to get an upgradeable delph.

I would say yes to the ancestral skills so long as they are the later, balanced versions.

But please for the love of god, DO NOT CHANGE THE TRADE SYSTEM. The cargo system killed live and it will kill this server even faster. I honestly don't know why they thought the trade system needed to be overhauled so much.

The current trade system is great and a huge part of what makes archeage archeage. Its not overly complicated, has a low barrier to entry, and rewards scale appropriately with effort/risk. It doesn't require land, but benefits from it both for growing and staging value. It is also a fantastic content driver. People ambush packrunners in war zones, or purposely push zones to war/peace to set up for mass runs. People hijack tradeships moving packs, guilds and friends run together to protect their ships. So much of the best PvP i've had on this server has been started by someone chancing on a red schooner, or someone's freighter getting jumped in Rook/WS and putting out a call to arms to the guild.

Just tonight we ran two merchants full of Rokhala packs to Nuia. We loaded our staged packs in Mahadevi and were immediately jumped by reds on a stripped merch when we pulled out. They botch the boarding and only a few manage to get on one of our merchants. Both ships manage to make it to the safety of Lutesong harbor, and the reds head back out into Castaway. We call in reinforcements from the guild since these packs are so valuable, and head back out under shroudlight. While we had originally planned to turn in to Solzreed, we decided to head to Cinderstone instead since we knew Privateers were still out looking for us and would just pick us off if caught in one of their safe zones. We got one merchant unloaded before they found us.

Privateers and friends sprinted from their port to the turn-in and immediately suicide bombed all our freighters to get at the packs inside. Queue pretty much everyone getting killed at least once by guards in the furball due to all the AoEs flying. We managed to get everything on the freighters turned in, but while we were occupied someone summoned a galleon behind us and proceeded to delete the second merchant before we could stop them. With 21 Rokhala packs now on the seafloor of the harbor, it now becomes a frantic water fight as everyone tries to grab packs and get up the ladders without dying. Other random greens and reds have showed up by now and are also trying to snag free packs. HoM end up getting a few into a freighter, and surprisingly X's up for invites to give them back and help us. The reds manage to get several of the packs away from us and turned in, but we ultimately wipe them and get probably 2/3 turned in.

While all of this has been going on, one of our guys had managed to kill the one dude left on the galleon and drives it to the other side of the harbor away from the guards. With packs done, we board the ship and use its own cannons to kill it and as many modules as we can. Privateers regroup and get to us right as we sink the ship. We have another somewhat disorganized fight, half-in and half-out of the water. A bunch of our people get picked off at the edges, but we ultimately win the fight thanks to numbers and healers. We regroup at the Nui, exchange GFs with the reds, and take our hero call out.

Final tally:
-We got the majority of our packs turned in.
-The reds managed to steal several high-value packs from me and make a bit of gold/charcoal. *shakes fist at Beck*
-Everyone involved thoroughly beat the snot out of each other and got some great PvP content.

All because discord got too quiet and I said "fuck it, anyone want to do a traderun?"

With the cargo system this never happens because it can't be easily set up by single/few people, or because some asshole with a bot snipes all the cargos in a safe zone. Maybe this story isn't the best example I could give, but was freshest in memory. It has become a meme in TnT how every time someone tries to run packs it ends up as a prolonged fight with someone. This sort of unplanned small-medium scale PvP, especially on the ocean, is what I play this game for. Don't take this away from me.

What a fun Mess it was!! We watched you leaving villanelle btw ( op invis glider ).. and spread out.. few to ynystere, solz, cinder, twocrowns, sanddeep
~ Love a random privateer ~

What a fun Mess it was!! We watched you leaving villanelle btw ( op invis glider ).. and spread out.. few to ynystere, solz, cinder, twocrowns, sanddeep
~ Love a random privateer ~
One of the drivers saw your stealth poof, but we said "screw it" and went anyway because we love this kind of PvP.

Back on topic: I agree 100% with Yorkston here. The trade system as it is has given me a large portion of my most enjoyable PvP moments on this server. Even a heavily altered Cargo system just won't allow for the same kind of unstructured fun to occurred. It pigeonholes the experience far too completely into set areas at set times with expected results and scenarios.

you do not forget that every time you recrafting, you need to regrade a thing
It's still cheaper to regrade at every tier than to only have to regrade once with cheaper mats, but go through 8-or-more failures and then potentially not even get stat-set you want in the end. This is compounded up by the significantly better regrade rates that come along with the crafting update.

Removal of RNG, at any level, is always a better idea. Even if the cost of individual crafting tiers goes up: the total, average, cost goes down SIGNIFICANTLY with the removal of failures. The only reason crafted gear got so incredibly expensive on live in 3.5 was the fact that charcoal went from 80s to 8g per due to the cargo system.

It's still cheaper to regrade at every tier than to only have to regrade once with cheaper mats, but go through 8-or-more failures and then potentially not even get stat-set you want in the end. This is compounded up by the significantly better regrade rates that come along with the crafting update.

Removal of RNG, at any level, is always a better idea. Even if the cost of individual crafting tiers goes up: the total, average, cost goes down SIGNIFICANTLY with the removal of failures. The only reason crafted gear got so incredibly expensive on live in 3.5 was the fact that charcoal went from 80s to 8g per due to the cargo system.
you forgot to add what you need to 3 times more mats on each grade than in 3.0
Also do not forget that in 3.0 you can break the Delph grade and again do the Epherium sinking, while there are still 4 wooden mana wisp and etc.

you forgot to add what you need to 3 times more mats on each grade than in 3.0
Also do not forget that in 3.0 you can break the Delph grade and again do the Epherium sinking, while there are still 4 wooden mana wisp and etc.
The wisp cycle is currently a MASSIVE loss in money on this server.
On live it was reasonably profitable, sure. I took advantage of it myself and made quite a killing.
Here though, unless your luck is ungodly-levels of good: it's a negative-sum game.

You're talking 3x as many mats instead of having to craft 8x as many times based on the statistical average. You're still significantly ahead in terms of materials cost to get to the next tier.

no higher tiers/grades for equip. its hard for new or/and f2p players get on the high gs lvls to have good pvp.

no change on trade system

The wisp cycle is currently a MASSIVE loss in money on this server.
On live it was reasonably profitable, sure. I took advantage of it myself and made quite a killing.
Here though, unless your luck is ungodly-levels of good: it's a negative-sum game.

You're talking 3x as many mats instead of having to craft 8x as many times based on the statistical average. You're still significantly ahead in terms of materials cost to get to the next tier.
what's the difference how much you spend on resources for obsidian? it’s about killing wages for crafting

what's the difference how much you spend on resources for obsidian? it’s about killing wages for crafting
Again: the wisp cycle was the only way to profitably craft in live 3.0, and it's not profitable here. 3.5 crafting doesn't "kill the wages for crafting" it removes most of the RNG from crafting and does it in a way that (with the removal of the Cargo system) will actually reduce the statistical average cost to craft each tier by 5/8ths.

The ONLY reason crafting in 3.5 on live was so extremely unprofitable was the inclusion of the Cargo system driving charcoal prices up to 8g per while also reducing the actual gold influx into the market. Thus gear prices couldn't rise, but the cost to craft went up closer to 10x instead of the on-paper 3x.

For what its worth, my $0.02
  • Yes to erenor, perhaps with an initial cap at epic to prevent runaway whales? Cap is increased/removed after 6-12 months allowing people to step up their gear again.***
  • Yes to ancestral, with rebalance where applicable
  • Yes to crafting/regrade changes, though it would also be nice to keep wisps if that could be worked in somehow without ruining everything.
  • No to trade changes.

I like the idea of a Hiram style synthesis gear system alongside erenor that would allow F2P players to be at least somewhat competitive. I think the majority of f2p players would be okay with it being hard work to get there but the hard work should be rewarded with gear a player can take into pvp and actually stand a chance at enjoying the experience.
Craft a basic tier piece, then synthesis it up to a cap at divine/epic, allowing the user to roll stats from a pool like the cloak system. Could even go so far as to have multiple tiers much like cloaks, granting a wider variety of stats.

***What about also removing the requirement for same grade/higher items to feed the erenor? Obviously have reduced xp from lower grade items but it makes the gear climb more achievable for more casual players. Requiring same grade or higher items to feed puts your progress back in the hands of rng once you pass celestial regardless of the effort you put into it, which is an awful way to run a pvp/skill based game that tries to take pvp seriously. Most of the erenor complaints seem to be that it will widen the gear gap, so linking progression to effort may alleviate some of the issue.

Would also be great to see some custom dungeons and other regular content, something the retail game hasnt seen for too long.

I would say yes to the ancestral skills so long as they are the later, balanced versions.

But please for the love of god, DO NOT CHANGE THE TRADE SYSTEM. The cargo system killed live and it will kill this server even faster. I honestly don't know why they thought the trade system needed to be overhauled so much.

This sort of unplanned small-medium scale PvP, especially on the ocean, is what I play this game for. Don't take this away from me.

This. 100% this.

• Yes to erenor, perhaps with an initial cap at epic to prevent runaway whales? Cap is increased/removed after 6-12 months allowing people to step up their gear again.***
  • Yes to crafting/regrade changes, though it would also be nice to keep wisps if that could be worked in somehow without ruining everything.
  • No to trade changes.

I like the idea of a Hiram style synthesis gear system alongside erenor that would allow F2P players to be at least somewhat competitive. I think the majority of f2p players would be okay with it being hard work to get there but the hard work should be rewarded with gear a player can take into pvp and actually stand a chance at enjoying the experience.
Craft a basic tier piece, then synthesis it up to a cap at divine/epic, allowing the user to roll stats from a pool like the cloak system. Could even go so far as to have multiple tiers much like cloaks, granting a wider variety of stats.

***What about also removing the requirement for same grade/higher items to feed the erenor? Obviously have reduced xp from lower grade items but it makes the gear climb more achievable for more casual players. Requiring same grade or higher items to feed puts your progress back in the hands of rng once you pass celestial regardless of the effort you put into it, which is an awful way to run a pvp/skill based game that tries to take pvp seriously. Most of the erenor complaints seem to be that it will widen the gear gap, so linking progression to effort may alleviate some of the issue.

Would also be great to see some custom dungeons and other regular content, something the retail game hasnt seen for too long.

Epic Erenor still better than a Mythic lol, mind as well just let them go all the way at that point

• No to trade changes.

I like the way you think. Would love less RNG in gearing and a smaller gear gap.

Do not bring the new system where you can kill mobs to make peace periods... more peace periods is bad for the game and causes people to stop doing danger trade runs.

Back