What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

bump auroria weapons to be equivilant to about t4 weapons and move both the weapons and auroria armor to synthesis vs regrade. it would make auroria only gear viable at the end game but keep em from being bis. High grade ayanad is still going to overpower mythic auroria. it would resolve the complaints about lack of hiram gear and would make a decent place holder for it. Alternatively, could do that with hasla weapons instead of auroria weapons. #MakeHaslaGreatAgain

3.5 UPDATES

TRADING - NOPE
CRAFTING- YES
ERENOR- YES
B200 RAMPAGE CAR- YES

INCREASE LIMIT ON STORAGE CHEST FOR HOUSES OR BUILDINGS- YES
INVENTORY SLOT INCREASE- YES

2019 BEST YEAR! WEST IS BEST!

@Sparkle

bump auroria weapons to be equivilant to about t4 weapons and move both the weapons and auroria armor to synthesis vs regrade. it would make auroria only gear viable at the end game but keep em from being bis. High grade ayanad is still going to overpower mythic auroria. it would resolve the complaints about lack of hiram gear and would make a decent place holder for it. Alternatively, could do that with hasla weapons instead of auroria weapons. #MakeHaslaGreatAgain
Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure how I feel about reintroducing the Hasla grind again though.

@Sparkle On an unrelated note, will we be getting the stat changes? I can't remember if the changes in stat passives were introduced during or after 3.5. Such as melee crit being based off strength, spirit increasing parry %, ect....

I also could have sworn there was different loadouts for stat migration such as with classes/skills being saved with skillsaver pendants. If not, I'd like this added for utility. I don't need to be stacking spirit in small scale PvP unlike when I'm 'oding in larger PvP/PvE encounters. I'd much rather have stamina for those small scale fights.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure how I feel about reintroducing the Hasla grind again though.

@Sparkle On an unrelated note, will we be getting the stat changes? I can't remember if the changes in stat passives were introduced during or after 3.5. Such as melee crit being based off strength, spirit increasing parry %, ect....

I also could have sworn there was different loadouts for stat migration such as with classes/skills being saved with skillsaver pendants. If not, I'd like this added for utility. I don't need to be stacking spirit in small scale PvP unlike when I'm 'oding in larger PvP/PvE encounters. I'd much rather have stamina for those small scale fights.

^
As far as i remember the statchanges were in 4.0, on officials

Please no S200, C200, B200 ("Wolfgang") cars in the cash shop please. Please create an optional recipe to convert Timbers/Redwoods (Would be shitty to allow the other two to upgrade since they're vastly cheaper). It's too early to have these directly purchasable for this server. Yes, it's not QUITE a replacement for Redwoods, but it still would be terrible thing to do to those who spent a good portion of this year saving for a car. I don't care if there's a ticket in the cash shop to convert already made cars, but having a full built car would be distasteful. HK Cars weren't a big deal since they had issues, one seat, one pack storage.

Should give us at least a month notice and patch notes with list of changes to you guys making in 3.5.. so we can prepare.

Please, please, please... no trade centers and no cargo!
On Live server I've been a part of a large trading guild and more than a third of our guild left the game with cargo update (the other third restructured their purpose and stoped trading - our guild fell apart).

It's probably just my personal point of view, but I believe that there are many who will agree with it.

Trade: [Yes] Well, people will got mad but, i like some (not all) changes of the new trade system. I think will work well if u guys make some changes like:

Tier 1 Trade Packs:
1 - Change the number os packs that u need to create cargo or change how to create that cargo:
Example: On 3.5 we need 14 General Specialties, 8 Merchant Specialties and 4 Aged Specialties to create 1 cargo.

The lazy and easy way to fix that will be reduce the number of each packs u need delivery, like 5 General Specialties, 3 Merchant Specialties and 1 Aged Specialties, so w/ a full frighter u bring 9 packs and make 1 cargo.

The BEST way IMO is change how we create then, like put a goal of points u need to create 1 cargo, per example add values to each pack like:
General Specialties is value 1, Merchant Specialties is value 2, Aged Specialties is value 3 and u need hit a value like 13 points, so:
- If u delivery 9 packs of Aged, make 27 points and create 2 cargos
- If u deliveru 9 Merchant, u make 18 points, create 1 cargo and 5 points will remain.

So any combination of packs will create cargos, i think that will help because of 2 main reasons,
- we cant have alt accounts here, so we can only delivery alone 1 hawler per time;
- not all maps will be a good profit delivery some type of packs.

Tier 2 and 3 Trade Packs:

1- Balance the profit of each charcoal pack;
Alot changes on craft will increase the charcoal we need, and the trade changes decrease the charcoal on server. We dont have a shared action, so if we dont balance, we will have a market problem.

2- Remove timer's on Cargo;
It's annoying, if the timer is removed, people can stock and delivery w/ a merchant later. And will increase the number of people who want do that. (Delivery 1 by 1 sux)

Craft: [Yes] But reduce some charcoal of recipes plz if u don't make changes on trade

Erenor: [No][No][No][No][No][No][No][No][No][No][God No]

B200, C200, etc: [Yes] But plz allow people who have a timber upgrade

First post. I just want to say that I do not think Erenor gear at this time is a good idea. The average gear score of the server is still too low in my opinion to implement this. I feel as though it would turn off many new players as they would be at a severe disadvantage.

Trade: [Yes] Well, people will got mad but, i like some (not all) changes of the new trade system. I think will work well if u guys make some changes like:

Tier 1 Trade Packs:
1 - Change the number os packs that u need to create cargo or change how to create that cargo:
Example: On 3.5 we need 14 General Specialties, 8 Merchant Specialties and 4 Aged Specialties to create 1 cargo.

The lazy and easy way to fix that will be reduce the number of each packs u need delivery, like 5 General Specialties, 3 Merchant Specialties and 1 Aged Specialties, so w/ a full frighter u bring 9 packs and make 1 cargo.

The BEST way IMO is change how we create then, like put a goal of points u need to create 1 cargo, per example add values to each pack like:
General Specialties is value 1, Merchant Specialties is value 2, Aged Specialties is value 3 and u need hit a value like 13 points, so:
- If u delivery 9 packs of Aged, make 27 points and create 2 cargos
- If u deliveru 9 Merchant, u make 18 points, create 1 cargo and 5 points will remain.

So any combination of packs will create cargos, i think that will help because of 2 main reasons,
- we cant have alt accounts here, so we can only delivery alone 1 hawler per time;
- not all maps will be a good profit delivery some type of packs.

Tier 2 and 3 Trade Packs:

1- Balance the profit of each charcoal pack;
Alot changes on craft will increase the charcoal we need, and the trade changes decrease the charcoal on server. We dont have a shared action, so if we dont balance, we will have a market problem.

2- Remove timer's on Cargo;
It's annoying, if the timer is removed, people can stock and delivery w/ a merchant later. And will increase the number of people who want do that. (Delivery 1 by 1 sux)

Craft: [Yes] But reduce some charcoal of recipes plz if u don't make changes on trade

Erenor: [No][No][No][No][No][No][No][No][No][No][God No]

B200, C200, etc: [Yes] But plz allow people who have a timber upgrade

Honestly: the best way to handle the cargo system is to leave the current system in place as well. All they'd have to do is leave the existing NPCs in: problem solved.
Cargo does some things well, don't get me wrong, but it pales in comparison to the current system. It's better for safe, faction-zone-only, runs, but complete garbage for risky runs. Leaving the current system in place will continue to reward those of us who prefer the risky runs while still giving the safe runners their much needed buff.

I would like to see 12x12 Farms and or mini houses. If you offer them as one time per account purchase and unable to trade it will prevent people from getting a ton of them but also will allow us to use the Fairly large amount of currently unusable space because it's 16 just doesn't quite fit. Obviously we have eight by eight, but they don't hold very much.

Along the same line 16 by 16 Marine housing would be nice. Similar to an aqua Farm but maybe with a platform and an umbrella so that it can go in the marine housing zones.

Between the two though I think the 12 by Farms is more pressing as there is still quite a bit of unclaimed Marine housing.

Last edited:
Safe sea trade run are, honestly, killing the essence of what Archeage is.

Futhermore, i don't want these Cargo Trade pack with hundred people waiting in afk some new cargo crafting.

Cargo Trade pack & Normal Trading run pack (the actual one) cant clearly coexist.

To make them coexist you need to :
- Limit each cargo buying by people/day
- Adjust charcoal price for normal & cargo trade pack
- Do not make them safe

This way, every people can make money and nobody can take monopoly
On the other way, that's just gonna crashed charcoal price if there's not adjust craft with charcoal (polish, pigment, naval things etc...) or not any new craft with them.

But i stay on my position, i don't want cargo trade pack.
It's just another way to kill the Pirate Nation, i'm not a Pirate but i think than 4 faction is fun.

PS : Bring Erenor is for like 100 ppl max on the server, so it's not interesting atm.

By the way, i wished to know your point of view about Housing Province.

Nuia, Haranya & Auroria are almost full, should not we expand them or should we continue the cycle of " New Player -> Leaving Player " ?

What also kills a server is speculation hoarding/content control before a major patch due to early patchnotes :")

The problem is we already know what's coming in 3.5 as a whole. What you said only works if the original patch notes were equally a surprise to the entire population, but we as a community already know what happened to Live from 3.5 on to 5.0. The hoarding has already begun for anyone with half a brain that saw the downward spiral Live went through once this patch dropped. Knowing what's coming HERE has the following scenarios and resulting behaviors:
A) They can change a small amount of stuff for the better = this tells us to continue hoarding based on some of the expectations from Live coming to fruition here, and could even lead to the reaction seen in option C
B) They can change most, if not all, of the stuff for the better = this tells us we can ease back on the hoarding and harbinger-ing because things here will end up easier than what happened on Live
C) Nothing we want changes = this tell us whether or not we should even bother donating anymore because if they're unable to change anything and we know there's a countdown to doomsday already, players are less likely to stick around knowing the end is near.

So the fact that they aren't telling us anything is troublesome, because in 2 of these scenarios where stuff will be changed for the better, all we would be doing is the same exact thing we did on Live (hoarding materials, which is already happening). The 3rd scenario is the worst case for us AND them, because it would guarantee those that know what's coming in 3.5 will refuse to stick around to repeat participating in a failure and people would stop donating to the server early. So we SHOULD know what's coming. It's worrisome that we don't.

Back