What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

"No"

If you want that: make a Player Nation.

I mean there's a whole lot wrong with his suggestion but only one I really agree with would be Neutral guards not attacking pirates because on a logical standpoint Neutral shouldn't attack pirates considering they are NEUTRAL xD but that's it - Kaze

Back to the topic of cars (Rampage B/S200).
The Rampage car, it's really cool, but please make it so that 3.0 car owners can upgrade to it, and don't add it to the cash shop directly like Trino did.

Is the B200 Rampage Car gonna come out at patch 3.5? If so will a redwood or timber coupe be upgradable? or we gonna have to make it from scratch.

So the Rampage is coming. I remember when it was released in live. I also remember how devastatedly gutted I was that I could not upgrade my timber coupe to a rampage. I would have to start again. Fine if you are a fat-cat with plenty of gold, i am not, I farmed the mats, and finally made it to find that it was obsolete overnight. I think this should be looked at because hey, after all it is just an updated car.

You can see with these quotes that we are afraid of not being able to upgrade from a Timber Coupe / Redwood Roadster. Please include this in the patch!

@Sparkle Since you confirmed a few things re: trading system (thanks for that, very helpful!), is there any way you could confirm whether:
  1. The Rampage car(s) will make it into 3.5
  2. If they do, that we will be able to upgrade from the current cars
Thank you!

@Sparkle Since you confirmed a few things re: trading system (thanks for that, very helpful!), is there any way you could confirm whether:
  1. The Rampage car(s) will make it into 3.5
  2. If they do, that we will be able to upgrade from the current cars
Thank you!

Rampage car is the item that was added with 3.5 version. It means that version has it but doesn't mean we'll have it released here as soon as 3.5 drops. I can't confirm anything regarding it right now.

Okay, thank you for at least this bit of information, this tells us a lot :D. I'm mostly interested in knowing what changes may be coming in regards to the overall usage as well as acquisition methods. Hereafter Stones are a minor point, but my curiosity extends to items like Synthium Stones for costumes and underwear (which remove Gilda Dust and replace them with Charcoal Stabilizers) and Polishes/Pigments/Oils in the Alchemy proficiency (which require a Polish/Pigment/Oil of the previous tier to be crafted, so a Tier 4 needs a Tier 3 which needs a Tier 2 which needs a Tier 1). Will you remove the requirement for previous tiers of polishes in the same manner that you removed Gilda Stars from trade packs? That alone will add up to a hefty penny that I'm sure many of us are wondering and worrying about.

On the other end of the spectrum are effectiveness of the ways to get Charcoal. Let's say that an average player can earn 200 Charcoal Stabilizers a week using the current method. Do you project that your system will drop that down to 100 a week for the same amount of time and effort? Is it projected to increase to 300 a week for the same amount of time and effort? Or will it be a balance where that same player can earn 200 a week doing one method while another player can earn 200 a week doing the other method? Or is that too difficult to calculate?

I'm asking this because rich people expecting the worst out of 3.5 are going to buy up Charcoal Stabilizers to hoard it if they're expecting 3.5's system (because after 3.5 dropped on Live, Charcoal prices increased by 800%, and knowing even the least bit about economics alongside supply and demand, prices are anticipated to increase by at LEAST that much), which will hike up prices like they are doing right now and at least this bit of information will tell players to not worry, and will get those who have already begun buying up Charcoal in an attempt to get ahead of the coming storm that we all know 3.5 is to cool their jets and conduct business like normal.

We are planning the update release for February, however it doesn’t mean that it’s the accurate timing, it’s still the approx time.
Not all the technical questions are already settled and we think players would prefer to wait for a bit and receive a good working version than have something right now with multiple issues.

But players don’t need to worry about the charcoal. It’s hard to say how the market will be affected with 3.5 release and our custom changes, but we’ll follow on it and most likely a list of adjustments will be made not only prior the release but after the release as well, according to the market situation and players feedbacks.

In the end all that matters is if the increased gear Gap will be easier to climb or harder to climb. I fear this is trion XL all over again. New blood will be lost if history repeats itself.
If erenor is introduced they need to cut down on mats and regrading costs (up to celestial) as a catch up mechanic for lower tier gear. They need to let landless noobs farm the wilderness without the extra labor cost. Agressive progressive taxation to free up unproductive land. Make the earlier obsidian grind easier. If new folks feel like they have to hide in safe zones for several months before they can venture to halcy mistmerrow and the open seas we will experience what has already been experienced before.

We are planning the update release for February, however it doesn’t mean that it’s the accurate timing, it’s still the approx time.
Not all the technical questions are already settled and we think players would prefer to wait for a bit and receive a good working version than have something right now with multiple issues.

But players don’t need to worry about the charcoal. It’s hard to say how the market will be affected with 3.5 release and our custom changes, but we’ll follow on it and most likely a list of adjustments will be made not only prior the release but after the release as well, according to the market situation and players feedbacks.

do you know if they will keep the rng on crafting weapons/armor/accessories?

SoI have a few suggestions, all three are QOL for Pirates. Firstly, Make War Time Zones to where Pirates dont go to jail during War. This will also allow Pirates to be involved in more content. Secondly, Allow Pirates to attack other players during Peace, and Pirates can be be attacked as well. Lastly,
You should make it so that Neutral Guards do not attack pirates. This will allow pirates to ACTUALLY utilize locations around Auroria and a few locations on Haranya/Nuia that have Neutral guards.

Any real Arguments as to why no to any of this?

1. You're a pirate, you belong on the seas and not on the peaceful continents. (the whole point of becoming pirate is to get kicked out of your original faction, so why would the game allow you to stay there..)
2. What the hell is that suggestion even ? you really ask to make players attackable during peace ? are you out of your mind, and then you question why people are against it ? It's called peace for a reason. Your counter-argument "Pirates can be attacked aswell" doesn't justify any of it. Pirates are high gearscore players that will just ambush people minding their own buisness. Players won't get the chance to fight back if they get 2-3 tapped.
3. The only point i agree with. Neutral should mean neutral.

What you are asking for is to allow pirates be the ultimate asshole faction that annoys everyone and interrupts everyones buisness without punishment..

SoI have a few suggestions, all three are QOL for Pirates. Firstly, Make War Time Zones to where Pirates dont go to jail during War. This will also allow Pirates to be involved in more content. Secondly, Allow Pirates to attack other players during Peace, and Pirates can be be attacked as well. Lastly,
You should make it so that Neutral Guards do not attack pirates. This will allow pirates to ACTUALLY utilize locations around Auroria and a few locations on Haranya/Nuia that have Neutral guards.
Afraid these are not changes that will be introduced.
Being able to attack in peace defeats the point of it being peace. irrelevant of the difficulty such a thing may be to code if possible.
Neutral guards are neutral to the respected nations of the continents. Pirates are not in that list as they are outcasts. A kill on sight target. Nuian is west, haranyan is east and player formed nation is north.
Pirates will always go to trial during war. Zones which pirates won't get sent to war already exist outside of auroria. Hasla and karkasse both do not send them to trial. The only more content that is made possible is engaging in Halcyone war. A war between the 2 rival factions and not something pirates should be involved in. And invading cr and gr of both factions with no repercussions.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

A few questions to you. Would like to hear your stance regarding it.

- With a 3.5 release would you like the Login Tracker to have different than now rewards to drop?
- On our website you can see such statistics as: top GS characters rating, top guilds Exp rating and top players by Achievements. We are thinking to add info on average server GS. Wanted to know if there is any other statistics (except of q-ty online, it will not be provided) you’d like to see on our website?

Hey guys!

- With a 3.5 release would you like the Login Tracker to have different than now rewards to drop?
- On our website you can see such statistics as: top GS characters rating, top guilds Exp rating and top players by Achievements. We are thinking to add info on average server GS. Wanted to know if there is any other statistics (except of q-ty online, it will not be provided) you’d like to see on our website?
I'd love to see stuff like # of larceny coinpurses/crates opened per day, # of tradepacks delivered per day, stuff like that. Maybe even # of enemy kills per day.

I just think it'd be fun to see that sorta stuff.

Hey guys!

I'd love to saw some new thing on login tracker :p

I'd love to see stuff like # of larceny coinpurses/crates opened per day, # of tradepacks delivered per day, stuff like that. Maybe even # of enemy kills per day.

I just think it'd be fun to see that sorta stuff.

That's would be fun :D

What about add 1v1 sparring or Gladiator ranking ? What about monster killed by day ? :D

Hey guys!
We are thinking to add info on average server GS.

How are these statistics going to be filtered ?
As it stands now there are 10000s of Alts and AFK players that would tank any use that you would get out of such a figure.

For instance, If I was the ONLY account on Archrage; I have 6 characters, all of them 2k GS except my Main at 5k , does that mean the average gs of this player base would be 2.5k? There are hundreds of accounts like mine.. some even worse.. Roleplay characters etc..

What would be the value of this statistic? To point and say "Look, the Average GS is actually 5k stop complaining about 8k PN whales" ?

Not Erenor no farm items drop or time of produce change, do not broke more the acual broke classes like wizards and dark runners

also if erenor comes out or is confirmed is there a way to maybe add something to "unbound" obsidian weapons to be able to resell later down the road to re-coup some if not all gold invested in them? thanks @Sparkle

From what I have seen from my short time on this server, they have done a great job with the changes they made so far and I'm confident that 3.5 will be as good too. It is nice not to have 100s of alts running around, but adding Erenor gear is not going to effect much. As I've seen to even be a little viable here the cost is just ridiculous. At 10k per item( say divine obi or Delph) + gems your talkin 150k+ and a new player will loose interest long before reaching that goal, and mind you that's only to be mediocre at best. Bottom line is it will always be low gs farmers and whales. So bring on the Erenor to keep the whales donating, so those of us that can only donate small amounts still have this wonderful server to play on! This post is not meant to offend anyone , just pointing out some facts. :)

Last edited:
From what I have seen from my short time on this server, they have done a great job with the changes they made so far and I'm confident that 3.5 will be as good too. It is nice not to have 100s of alts running around, but adding Erenor gear is not going to effect much. As I've seen to even be a little viable here the cost is just ridiculous. At 10k per item( say divine obi or Delph) + gems your talkin 150k+ and a new player will loose interest long before reaching that goal, and mind you that's only to be mediocre at best. Bottom line is it will always be low gs farmers and whales. So bring on the Erenor to keep the whales donating, so those of us that can only donate small amounts still have this wonderful server to play on! This post is not meant to offend anyone , just pointing out some facts. :)
wtf did I just read?

Back