What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

There aren't very many 3.5 changes I'd like to see go through.
Eternal / Erenor weapons made the gear gap and damage values way too large. Anyone with a high-tier Erenor weapon could single-handedly shred geared raids, since armor doesn't scale nearly as well as damage does with a weapon, and since most people didn't want erenor armor anyway.
Ancestral skills are a very good idea in theory. If Sleep alarm call, mist bubble, lightning tiger strike, and wave meteor are nerfed the ancestral changes are mostly okay. Sleep alarm call in particular completely ruined raid v raid PvP, it made it into a very boring game of "who played alarm call at the right time"

I would also really like it if the ode nerfs didn't go through. The change to the healing power coefficient made stacking high amounts of healing power completely pointless, making club / scepter or greatclub healer go from very niche to completely pointless. I'm probably just going to quit or reroll mage if the ode change goes through.

Hi.

I'll echo what others have said regarding the trade system: the 3.5 trading system was the single biggest blunder of ArcheAge. Do not introduce it. It's a clusterfuck beyond repair.

Reactions: Gen
@Sparkle here is a bit of info to give on the 3.5 update is this :3

#1 - the charcoal hypernova being used for everything ditch that!

1 - it ruined crafting and made it a easy to have payday for many people and hurt obsidian crafting along with normal crafting around the board and made prices for charcoal skyrockets to insane levels to the point of where it was redundant!
2 - second instead of charcoal use gunpowder for the hereafter-stones or something that can be easy gotten and mass produced on the cheap while you decide the balancing factor of that
3 - Bring back the other stabilizers like sea salt and crystal stabilizers but make them used for many things to fill the gaps where charcoal can be used to balance out how much charcoal is used and make sure they are used in many thing but all not needed to make one single thing since that was bad thing in the older versions.
charcoal is nice but using it in everything is nonsense and it hurt me and maybe other people too!
4 - trade runs should include the charcoal routes BUT still includes the normal trade posts for the gold in other words balance this and keep both so both are needed
{but personally i'd prefer the old cargo outlets to be major gold to charcoal outlets where you can actively buy charcoal for gold as is and not as cargo and the same for sea salt and crystal stabilizers for gold and such and based the value off the 5.0 cargo value rates divided by the single units of each type of stabilizer as charcoal was suppose to be the common easy to get while the others was the real hard ones to get :| }
5 - so maybe based that and some other people ideas to help form something around that will balance this crap out cuz I like the idea of a cargo outlet but not how they carry this idea across that killed off the charcoal and trade market and only add the captain's boat thingy for austera and two crowns so people can do the family quest without getting ganked over the simple quest.

#2 - GEAR and SKILLSETS CHANGES

1 - next is the Erenor gear of the love of Care-bears and PvPers alike make the erenor gear completely synthsis from Epherium up to Erenor and make it same grade or below not higher that shit was stupid having higher grade or better
2 - make obsidian easier to regrade and should the number of the crystalizing % as well as distruction % and fail/great failure % numbers i hate mysteries while im grinding hella hard and not knowing what the risk of the regrade is while regrading!
[bcolor=transparent]3 - the gear that you make after buying the apprentice gear DO NOT REMOVE IT as it killed my chances of leveling my weapon crafting ability i NEVER got to get it right and was reduced to making endless amounts of cannon balls that made me hardly no gold... and the same for glida dust remove it from pack making but dont remove it from the gear however remove it up to gear that involves the tier just before the tier needed to make illustrious that way needing glida stars more then just a currency was still worth adding to the game originally they didn't add this for nothing they just did not think it completely through.[/bcolor]

#3 - quoted info

@Zinwowee
would like to see :
"The Teleport Book now has a zone search option."
{ <- this i agree apone deeply but make it also so you can see the needed hereafters viva a hereafter-stone calculator counter so you can see how many hereafter stones you'll need to go to all the place you plan to go in the current game session so people will know the cost of the hereafter stones it may not seem much but it helps trust me)
Rebirth Trauma changes, such as - "You may now open Worldgates while under Rebirth Trauma." and "Players can now attack while under the Dominator’s Authority debuff, but their attacking/healing against NPCs is drastically reduced."
(Reason i want this is because it promotes pvp more than pve rushing)

{ i also agree on this BUT remove weaken body as it serves no real use AT ALL it only makes me iratates that i have to wait till this is gone when we already are hit with the rebirth trauma debuff and partly damaged gear from death respawning so the trauma rebirth debuff is enough imo}

"Kraken spawns on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, Disappears in 3 hours."
(Same with Red Dragon, DGS Despawn in 2h, Leviathan Despawn in 10. This limited the amount of no-life and eventually win situations)
"Leviathan’s attack patterns have been adjusted. The overall goal is to differentiate the phases he fights in and reduce the difficulty of his fight." (All Levi changes were aimed to make it easier, As far as i know, nobody tries Levi atm.)
[bcolor=transparent][/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]{<-- i only partly agree on this 3 hours is short make it maybe 4 ~ 5 hours and only 3 if no one actually attacks it? and make it so only each nation can do this per said day and make it so every one can get to roll [for example if the like dragon or kraken dies while they are in raid they get to roll on the loot matter what [even if they are kicked from raid after it had already died] and make multiples of the rare item is in world's boss's loot drop so more then one person can get a chance at what they are after and so the loot master cant auction off the loot... >.> }[/bcolor]

"The honor awarded as a part of Crimson and Grimghast Rifts has been improved:"
Auroria trading (Iffy on this one, I don't have experience trading, as far as i remember Auroria trading was OK, someone feel free to comment on this who knows more about the trade systems.)
"Mistsong Summit: Taris now takes Melee Damage!"
"Transmuters can now be used to choose which item subtype you would like by re-cloaking the item. Cloaked items do not lose their grade, and are also required in upgrade crafting."
"Reduced the amount of Warrior’s Medals to create Delphinad cloaks from 500 to 300. Reduced the amount of Warrior’s Medals to create Ayanad cloaks from 800 to 500."
Ancestral Skills - anything not mentioned in the DO NOT BRING section.
The Defense for all Plate equipment has been improved +20%. (Makes plate more relevant)

{I would add the factor that leather has boosted resistence to piercing melee since in truth stabing irl leather can be hard to do to some degree; fyi I actually tested this unless the there a lot of weight behind the sword or dagger it will have a somewhat but not impossible time piercing proper prepared harden leather}

All the bug fixes in the patch
{fix the body visual bug found on female Firrans involving the heartless argent greaves (plate leg version) from palace cellers dungeon the butt is literally flat the other companies claims they fixed it but they didn't >.>}

The DO NOT BRINGS:
In my opinion these are the core changes that ruined the game for many players.
Specific Ancestral Skills!
- Wave meteor (Insane damage, i could wipe raids, fun for nobody) {<-- i agree but nerf the crap out of it}
- Lightning Triple Slash (Attacked the same target 3 times for the same amount of damage, normally 3 x 3000 damage for 9000 in one total unblockable skill.) {< i agree but make it blockible and dogdible and reduce damage to 6000 damge and is useless for critial rate and critial rate damage}
- Mist Bubble Trap (A placeable AOE Bubble, this changed the meta of mageballing for the worse, Fix by adding additional CC Breaks or reworking) <-- i agree but make it untargetible with arrows and only melee can hit it and make the AoE area super small
- Flame Spell Shield (Massive bug with this one, allowed users to kill Red Dragon without harpoons using reflect magic damage, Fix for PVE content and its fine) {no comment they are correct on that}
- Flame Protective Wings (Same thing, reflected PVE Damage to kill bosses extremely fast) {no comment here i'd fix this too}
- Flame Flamebolt (Users with extremely high magic attack would weave this skill with gods whip and one shot players, literally. Balance damage or exclude from backdrop + Increase Damage) {break the combo and rework this to be effective with auramancy skill sets)
- Stone Alarm Call (Probably the worst skill of them all, Instant AOE Sleep, Balance bt adding cast time or decreasing duration dramatically.)
{<--yup fix this and make sure to look into this that promote nuke mages and as some people refer to some DPS builds please forgive my words but im qouteing it from people looking into thing that promote big dick DPS builds i know it's abit much to say but people on the main server in 3.5 and beyond had this issue
Regrade Changes - like above i've stated make the gear regrade user friendly AN D make getting the regrade charms easyer and craftible yes craftible... why.. cuz i see it like tier i tend to get alot of green regrade charms but cant do much with them remove the regrade cap by making it so there are tiers for them example 3 green regrade charms for a single blue one and so forth and are designed to promute good regrading and such i believe the more avialble to craft the better but make regrade worth it by balencing it

"Dual Weapons Buff - No longer increases the skill damage for Triple Slash, Whirlwind Slash, Rapid Strike, or Overwhelm." (2H is already strong, no need for this.) {i fully disagree let me say this in better light for this person}

{in PvE it's normal as before the 3.5 update but in PvP the damage is reduce by 1/3 so damage is not as bad and only is affective in PvP taking any a good grind method is bad news for some people and alot of people tend to grind and if you've seen hiram updates on the main server you'll very much understand my statement on this}

Removing Wisps - (In my opinion, this change killed crafting and destroyed the archeum market. Since weapons broke down for Archeum, Archeum trees were no longer being done at the same capacity. this resulted in less content for many players. The salvaging and wisp system is working perfectly fine, and i would be fine with zero changes to this aspect.)

{<-- i partly agree BUT make it something more useful by making so you can make mana wisps out of fine leather or whatever and sunlight, moonlight or starlight essence into a famed trait so maxing out leather crafting or whatever skill tree the mana wisp comes from it's worth doing it; so keep every thing as is but maybe add onto instead of taking away but base this off player feed-back}

#3 - Extra content and ECT <3

1 - a side note of things... keep the Freedich island trader and make cloaks undewear and costume craftible the ones you guys dont plan to ever release as events anymore; WHY so people can get them to collect or sell plus promote futher roleplaying and reasons to play this game something XL Games and trion never focused on
2 - make sure to add the gear encloypedia and make it so clicking on the gear pops up a menu to show what the complete set looks like on the character along with stats so you can plan your build without using some thrid party website which i hated tabbing out to do
3 - more side notes idk if you've played SAO: fatel bullet but the character system where you can change the body profile would help add to the roleplay index of the game
4 - eventually when you guys get to this point maybe introducing a pre-add nudity into this game (not even needed imo but adding this removes the need for a nudity mods and allows you guys to control the game better in that aspect without the worry of nudity mods and stuff and add in the mods for F.O.V. and Korean dialect so they aint needed as mods and are added as core aspects of the game
5 - there is other stuff in here but as far as I'm aware balance out poor drop rate for mats in golden ruins seems poor for even the +100% loot drop rate for forbidden spell gems and shadow orbs i know these are ment to harder to get but yea balencing this to silently better would be nice also adding hunting quest and the crafting request bench for community centers is nice
[bcolor=transparent]6 - also make a costume encylopedia too why cuz i never saw one ever addded and it made me made i was a comtiume collectoer and i never could keep track of what i gotten[/bcolor]
7 - make sure to fix the other world storage chest for costume vehicles ect this was broken sometime before i even started playing on the main server and it actually pissed me off that it was in the game but not usible or even craftible at the time and it was a past feature they broke
8 - qanother is the content for whalesong harbor and aegis island and the library mats (im not sure if this is touched yet but keep the info on hand) the mats needed for acid pouches needs to be reduced to 25 acid gobbets to make each and the same for the other item for the cursed armor set item which is also 25 why this number make it so you still need this many but still requires 8 not 4 acid and 8 cursed armor sets item so grinding is easier but are unbound cuz lets face it; it's nice and all but it's a good source of money.

Last edited:
bigger gear gaps (Erenor gear)
The rich got richer (Those already ahead will get the better gear, and make it harder for those who are still trying to catch up)
the poor got nerfed (trade route changes)

I liked the ancestral skills, and skill changes, but I hate that AGI no longer gave melee crit, making stats further WoW-ified, where it's pointless to have. any gear that has two kinds, (STR and AGI) were near pointless to have, because stats are divided, and total up to the same amount, instead of having compensation boosts to make them viable:
examples:
current: STR 50, AGI 50, versus 100 AGI
suggested: STR75 AGI 75, versus 100 AGI

allowing classes like Outrider to actually be viable, melee/ranged hybrid

Things like Stamina + (AGI, STR, or INT) is fine as is. STR, AGI, and INT are the main culprits.

I say these suggestions, but I feel those kinds of things are not easily implemented, but... still speaking my mind.

I do want to see more cosmetics, pets/mounts/etc, but AA started to go downhill real fast after 3.5
granted, I'm not sure when what things were implemented, but it has had negative impact for any player trying to return to 4.0 after being absent for a year. No hope to catch up, unless one was to fork over 10,000 USD$

As someone who played 3.5 a lot and watched tons of players quit during this time, here are the things that should happen:

Yes:
New Zones/Content
New Houses
New Cosmetics
New Cars/Vehicles

No:
Terrible Trading System
Erenor Gear
Eternal Items
Changes to Skills

Adding more to the game is great. Adding more challenges to trading, weapons with too high of DPS, and nerfing skills that players built their characters around is a great way to get most of us to stop playing. It’s exactly what Trion did and the game died more and more every single day. Players don’t want core things to change and to have to redo so much. Don’t believe me? Make a poll.

Skipped most of the responses on here. I was playing 3.0 when it went to 3.5. It died. For various reasons, but I know I never bothered with a trade run after doing one with the new cargo system. We just finally got a working economy back and now this?

I'm not very confident in the team, sorry. There were quality of life (QoL) changes that could have been done all along the way and they were held back until the patch itself brought those changes. There's class balancing, etc that needed to be done along the way. Instead they just let the patch do it.

Like adding more zones. What good does that do? More content, great. But we have a ginormous map with a small amount of population to go through. The more dead areas = less pvp and more bots.

As someone who played 3.5 a lot and watched tons of players quit during this time, here are the things that should happen:

Yes:
New Zones/Content
New Houses
New Cosmetics
New Cars/Vehicles

No:
Terrible Trading System
Erenor Gear
Eternal Items
Changes to Skills

Adding more to the game is great. Adding more challenges to trading, weapons with too high of DPS, and nerfing skills that players built their characters around is a great way to get most of us to stop playing. It’s exactly what Trion did and the game died more and more every single day. Players don’t want core things to change and to have to redo so much. Don’t believe me? Make a poll.

If its the nerfed versions of the new ancestral skills, they're dope and perfectly fine. Makes the game feel fresh and a lot of fun

Reactions: tlo
Don't mess with trade. Just don't do it. 3.5 destroyed trade and there was no fixing it.

I'm good with everything besides the trade changes. Absolutely 100% FOR Erenor gear and the new zones.

Regrade chance changes ? (lets meaby not play Trion catch up game)

Gilda Changes ? (why ?)

TBH i would like to see our Admins opinion about this patch.

Last edited:
Yeah, I actually want to know what's being considered and why. These discussion posts are moot when we don't really know the capabilities the admins have, and what they're considering.

I never got to play 3.5 on live, so I would like to see the new zones and tweaked Erenor gear even after hearing about all these horror stories. Trading system sounds awful after I read the original 3.5 notes... pls no! Keep obsidian gear viable too :)

"The Hereafter Stone recipe has been adjusted. The new stones will require 30 labor, 6 stone, and 1 Charcoal Stabilizer to create 10 Hereafter Stones." - This can be avoided.

bigger gear gaps (Erenor gear)
The rich got richer (Those already ahead will get the better gear, and make it harder for those who are still trying to catch up)
the poor got nerfed (trade route changes)

I liked the ancestral skills, and skill changes, but I hate that AGI no longer gave melee crit, making stats further WoW-ified, where it's pointless to have. any gear that has two kinds, (STR and AGI) were near pointless to have, because stats are divided, and total up to the same amount, instead of having compensation boosts to make them viable:
examples:
current: STR 50, AGI 50, versus 100 AGI
suggested: STR75 AGI 75, versus 100 AGI

allowing classes like Outrider to actually be viable, melee/ranged hybrid

Things like Stamina + (AGI, STR, or INT) is fine as is. STR, AGI, and INT are the main culprits.

I say these suggestions, but I feel those kinds of things are not easily implemented, but... still speaking my mind.

I do want to see more cosmetics, pets/mounts/etc, but AA started to go downhill real fast after 3.5
granted, I'm not sure when what things were implemented, but it has had negative impact for any player trying to return to 4.0 after being absent for a year. No hope to catch up, unless one was to fork over 10,000 USD$
im pretty sure that stat changes were in 4.5 not 3.5 so dont worry

#2 - GEAR and SKILLSETS CHANGES

1 - next is the Erenor gear of the love of Care-bears and PvPers alike make the erenor gear completely synthsis from Epherium up to Erenor and make it same grade or below not higher that shit was stupid having higher grade or better
2 - make obsidian easier to regrade and should the number of the crystalizing % as well as distruction % and fail/great failure % numbers i hate mysteries while im grinding hella hard and not knowing what the risk of the regrade is while regrading!
[bcolor=transparent]3 - the gear that you make after buying the apprentice gear DO NOT REMOVE IT as it killed my chances of leveling my weapon crafting ability i NEVER got to get it right and was reduced to making endless amounts of cannon balls that made me hardly no gold... and the same for glida dust remove it from pack making but dont remove it from the gear however remove it up to gear that involves the tier just before the tier needed to make illustrious that way needing glida stars more then just a currency was still worth adding to the game originally they didn't add this for nothing they just did not think it completely through.[/bcolor]

What are you even talking about. Do you know how Erenor gear works, maybe you just worded that horribly ? Also Obsidian gear doesnt crystalize and obsidian gear has the worst % of all the gear. There isn't a % chance for crystalization, that's called failing/breaking the item and it's only crafted gear.

In my opinion these are the core changes that ruined the game for many players.
Specific Ancestral Skills!

They ended up nerfing the skills and probably one of the few good things about the patch

qanother is the content for whalesong harbor and aegis island and the library mats (im not sure if this is touched yet but keep the info on hand) the mats needed for acid pouches needs to be reduced to 25 acid gobbets to make each and the same for the other item for the cursed armor set item which is also 25 why this number make it so you still need this many but still requires 8 not 4 acid and 8 cursed armor sets item so grinding is easier but are unbound cuz lets face it; it's nice and all but it's a good source of money

The way the mats were was fine. Takes a while to farm makes p2w players actually have to do something

Last edited:
1st : Dont change for charcoal trade System by cargo its sux and will colpase the economy of server.
2nd: Dont insert erenor
3th: insert new raid system.
4th i think everything else can be inserted!

Back