What's new

Buff Sport Fishing? [Proposed Solution]

Should the value of fish packs be increased to make sport fishing a viable source of income?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

COLDF13ND

I think the dev team should make fishing worthwhile again.

Here's a solution to the botting problem: Make the labor cost for hooking a fish 10L. Make the labor cost for turning in a fish 90L. Increase the number of "trash" fish that get hooked, increase the value of gargantuan fish, and decrease the cost of chum and lures.

That way, bots get a boatload of low value fish, while actual players can catch and release the trash fish, and hold out for a higher value catch.

Credit to Kasiama for the labor adjustment idea.

Last edited:
Cv57Am4.png

Since you have me blocked on the discord here you go

It also brings a lot of botting and other problems.
Fishing has been discussed many times and no increases will be made

Everyone wants sport fishing buff, but Staff refuse to manage it or come up with a solution. I've only played this server for a month and I already have complaints about their prioritisations!

You don't even know what they're prioritizing yet you're making broad statements about it. You say they refuse to manage it or come up with a solution yet they have created a solution. Keep prices the same. If you don't like the prices don't do it. Packs, crafting, farming all sorts of different avenues you can go down if fishing doesn't give you the money you want. If you read this and still don't understand then come up with an action plan that they can implement that won't increase the load on the staff that'll prevent fishing bots which btw were a problem on live.

Packs, crafting, farming all sorts of different avenues you can go down if fishing doesn't give you the money you want.

Fishing doesn't give anyone the money they want, it doesn't matter how much you dress it up, talking about bots and making custom events (timed events like the Tuesday/Saturday fishin is always restrictive and ugly in mmo's), it's a minimum work band aid.
One of the reasons why I joined is because I was somewhat impressed from hearing about their editing of the server to correct mistakes made by official, but I only found a few key changes (not real editing/mechanic changes), ultimately I'm not that impressed as I thought I was going to be, This is pretty much a well managed official + no korean overlords saying you can't do this/that.

They can either make a brave/bold approach, by giving a simple buff or changing the mechanics, which should liven up the server and be a buff to the non hardcore or they can keep sh1t the way it is and hide behind "we can't change it, remember what happened official xxx", what a convienient cover to use at any opportunity. I think it's fair to say with from what little I've seen that the server will remain healthy, but attractive...defintely a beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing :p

Obviously I've gone a bit off topic here, bottom line fishing sucks...but that's fine, it's not like there's any mmo competition!

Last edited:
Fishing isn't nerfed it's at the prices it was on live. Fishing is profitable and doesn't need a buff. The funny part is if fishing was buffed then pirates would hunt down the fishers and they'd spend more time defending themselves then actually fishing.
Also you blocked me because I was right and you didn't want to accept my help but whatever.

Yet you still haven't given a solution. It's easy to critique something but it's hard to give tangible solutions.

It is almost pointless to give a solution/suggestion aimed towards the staff when they are adamant about bots ruining it + not being able to know the limits of what changes they can make to the game, otherwise I'm sure quite a few people could come up with worthy suggestions that could make fishing a real trade.

It's also easy to do nothing, and also easy to live without seeing one forum post saying anything along the lines of "I like to fish, it is a rewarding experience".

it needs a buff . easy to bot ? lol well take care of that also is easy to bot with monsters and they still drop coin purses your answer is invalid.
BUFF up to encourage new players and keep the server healthy. not everyone enjoys moving packs and gl finding land for free.. plus this regrades cost and the actual economy = not worth for a new player perspective . more people fishing = more sea pvp = more gold on the server = more people buying credits = everyone happy

I don't understand SjinderSon's comment about making bots easier to find. There are hundreds of spots to farm coin purses. There are maybe what, 50 active schools of fish at any given time? Surely they could track the names of people turning in fish at above-average rates and give those players a closer look?

I don't understand SjinderSon's comment about making bots easier to find. There are hundreds of spots to farm coin purses. There are maybe what, 50 active schools of fish at any given time? Surely they could track the names of people turning in fish at above-average rates and give those players a closer look?

His comment makes me wonder if he even fishes enough to make an opinion on the matter, to be honest. I hardly ever see successful fishing boats make it out of salt water alive, and any fishing boats I HAVE seen on the water either were ransacked or were about to be. If he means they were fishing and getting a pack on their back then teleport-hacking to a crane and then back to the boat, the automated system should be smart enough to be like "wait a second......that's not right." And if he means bait worm fishing, then I will be over here dying from laughter.

I spent a few hours just yesterday fishing. Your comment is assuming I don't. I only got pirated once by a speedboat that's it. Of course you've never seen a boat make it out alive because you've likely never seen a fishing boat yourself.
And if he means bait worm fishing, then I will be over here dying from laughter.
I've done multiple runs over the course of 4 days around 10 trips and only got attacked once.

I spent a few hours just yesterday fishing. Your comment is assuming I don't. I only got pirated once by a speedboat that's it. Of course you've never seen a boat make it out alive because you've likely never seen a fishing boat yourself.

I've done multiple runs over the course of 4 days around 10 trips and only got attacked once.

Then congrats, you are part of the lucky few. But also congrats, Sjinderson probably thinks you're a bot.

L

Exactly because fishing is **** gold and no one cares about it. If you make it profitable people will police bots for profit instead of ignoring fishing boats because the fish are not worth the hassle. You know what else is easily bottable in this game pretty much the whole **** thing . Why aren’t people botting waters in auroria ? Competition would be my guess . Leaving as it is only encourages botting. It’s a low profile way to make gold over long periods of time. Perfect for someone who wants to setup a couple of accounts. Have you never botted a game before.? Do you even know what you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a full load of fish should take the same amount of time and bring in more gold than a full freighter of Ahnimar packs turned in to Gweonid, since the investment is similar and the risk is higher.

Back