What's new

Buff Sport Fishing? [Proposed Solution]

Should the value of fish packs be increased to make sport fishing a viable source of income?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just a quick comparison of my activities in my early archerage days...
Sportfishing:
Investments: Longliner ~2300g, Propellant ~1000g, Fishing skill >50k, Archeum Fishing Rod ~200g (Gargantuans without is ..hard)
Procedure: Drive and search fish spot, throw bucket in, hope to stay alone, drive back and turn in
Money: 90g / 45 minutes
(Zenjirr did a great breakdown some posts earlier)

Trading:
Investments: Freighter ~3900g
Procedure: Buy mats at Market, Craft Packs, Drive 20 minutes
Money: 90g / 20 minutes

Risk vs. Reward vs. Time investment just wont pay off with sportfishing. No risk braindead Freighter diving yields way more money without any risks (other than stones in the way XD ) than sportfishing. And even the initial investment to get started is in my opinion higher for fishing (time, money, skill, knowledge).

From the statistics that was gathered by the Devs earlier, some players get 300g per 1 hour of fishing. That's why I mentioned several times in this thread before that you need to invest your time into increasing proficiency as it will increase your profits.

From the statistics that was gathered by the Devs earlier, some players get 300g per 1 hour of fishing. That's why I mentioned several times in this thread before that you need to invest your time into increasing proficiency as it will increase your profits.

But what was the AVERAGE? We don't care what the best value of "some players" is, I got guys in guild who can make twice that lazily doing Larceny. The same exact amount can be made doing trade packs from Gweonid/Solzreed to Two Crowns and back in that amount of time without ever being threatened by tomfoolery unless they disconnect and have no Owner's Mark on their freighter.

Last edited:

My friend...
Has max 230k proficiency in fishing...
and used the highest tier fishing pole that can be crafted (Frozen Wave Fishing Rod), and a boat that can store max amount of fish...

never in a day did they ever report making 300g in 1 Hour of fishing...
They did say that it's POSSIBLE going off the fishes that you can potentially pull up, but, due to the way ones luck turns out, it's unlikely...
:(

You could say that they were just unlucky :( but,
to me that looks like the statistic is scraping the cream of the crop people/players who get the BEST pulls or the best RNG, whatever you want to call it.

Maybe we could have a devs report on the total amount of gold brought in from fishing by players, lowest to highest, average, distribution, standard deviations, etc...

That would really make the statistics clear to everyone, cause right now we only have our own anecdotes to go off, which contributes confirmation bias to peoples observations and opinions... :oops:

EDIT:
Also, I just thought about it now, but, fishing gold income can be skewed by players sharing packs with one another / feeding to one person.
This would be the case for when people are helping one another out fishing the Fisher's Day challenge, and, in which case, if one person handed in lots of high value fish they and their friends caught together, then I guess it'd be easy to get a large amount of gold.... you know, helping reach that 18 fish required to get max tier rewards :p

But this would only be the case for 1 day of the week, xD

Last edited:
35 yes to 5 no in the poll, but it won't be changed. Staff sees 1 person make 300 gold in 1 hour, even though that's extreme RNG luck.

Even removing the worthless bottom fish would boost it dramatically. Wouldn't even have to change anything about turn in prices, the RNG would just be slightly better.

Also, I posted a long time ago about how it's very difficult to bot sport fishing, but for some reason, that's the reason it won't be changed.

Here's the post I made a long time ago about it: https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/possible-change-to-sport-fishing.5536/

Back