What's new

Can I use my friend's account for the summer?

geololj

So, my friend will leave for the summer to work at a hotel in a greek island (we are from Greece). He will have an old laptop with him but he will be working almost 15 hours/day.

My question to the admins is, is it OK if I login to his account once-twice a day just for the loyalty points and the daily login whenever he cannot? I won't use it for gold making, PvP, PvE or any other actions ingame. I will use it just for the days that he won't be able to login due to work and just for the actions I mentioned above. His character won't be used as an alt or something. He asked me this because he wanted the loyalty points for a costume.

I play on my account at home (same PC that I will login to friend's account if I am allowed to by admins) with the character Qisna and his character's name is Mathaveth.

I don't know if this is considered unapproved action, but I do this all the time with my wife's account. She doesnt play as often as I do. I have my logon saved to the launcher, but I will just wipe that out and logon with her username/password from my PC using my installation. Then I tend to her farm animals, pay her taxes, collect her loyalty and dailies, etc.

I have swapped back and forth between my logon and hers like this. Maybe I just called myself out now on something I am not to be doing and if so, I can cease immediately. I never thought about it until you asked. I just always figured it would look like she was using my computer and install for the day.

In case your friend is out for business or vocation and has no way to access his account, we can allow you to login his account once or twice to pay taxes on his property, if your friend approved you accessing his account.
But, in case your friend can’t temporary play the game, you can’t login instead of him daily to perform tasks for him if you have your own account in this game as well, as that can be considered alting, that is forbidden by our server rules.

he will be working almost 15 hours/day.

Last I checked there was 24 hours in a day. :p

If your friend is only going to claim the Daily Login Tracker (the rewards for which are... :D ) and the loyalty I mean clicking ONCE to get that first three loyalty token for each day is enough, don't need to stay online for 3 hours to get all 9...
Of both those things you are not missing out on much anyways.
And both are not that hard to do really even with a crappy laptop at worst. Which means your friend can do it themselves since as you say they have a laptop. o_O

Same for logging in to pay taxes... only takes 5 minutes to do and then you close the client...

IDK maybe I am being too harsh? :(

In case your friend is out for business or vocation and has no way to access his account, we can allow you to login his account once or twice to pay taxes on his property, if your friend approved you accessing his account.
But, in case your friend can’t temporary play the game, you can’t login instead of him daily to perform tasks for him if you have your own account in this game as well, as that can be considered alting, that is forbidden by our server rules.

Thanks for the clarification Sparkle. That is all we want to do.

Last I checked there was 24 hours in a day. :p

If your friend is only going to claim the Daily Login Tracker (the rewards for which are... :D ) and the loyalty I mean clicking ONCE to get that first three loyalty token for each day is enough, don't need to stay online for 3 hours to get all 9...
Of both those things you are not missing out on much anyways.
And both are not that hard to do really even with a crappy laptop at worst. Which means your friend can do it themselves since as you say they have a laptop. o_O

Same for logging in to pay taxes... only takes 5 minutes to do and then you close the client...

IDK maybe I am being too harsh? :(

The thing is, the laptop is his mother's so he may not get it with him at all :(

If he does not get the laptop with him, the other option would be to go to an internet cafe daily but he would better spend that money for server donations rather than pay for temporary internet access. I also told him to check if he can get his hands on a cheap tablet and stream his home PC there, attaching a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Back