What's new

Can we please do something about land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelR

I joined the server and love the people, and the changes you made, but the only real problem is there is absolutely no spaces available for a farm plot. Last night when I spent hours running around I saw scarecrows and gazebos, and a few active farms, but so many of them just empty where people have the land tied up and it's not being used.

I want to stay on the server, because again this server gets rid of all the retail's bullshit, but one of the main reasons I play Archeage is due to the farming and land.

Thank you for your time.

3.5 is coming soon. There will be a land grab in the new area that has housing. People will move around and free up space if they move their instead or there will be land for sale much more if you can't grab it.

I joined the server and love the people, and the changes you made, but the only real problem is there is absolutely no spaces available for a farm plot. Last night when I spent hours running around I saw scarecrows and gazebos, and a few active farms, but so many of them just empty where people have the land tied up and it's not being used.

I want to stay on the server, because again this server gets rid of all the retail's bullshit, but one of the main reasons I play Archeage is due to the farming and land.

Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE
make a few alt characters u can earn up to 60 gildas salvage 4 houses per alt and get 8 building blueprint per alt in about 2 hours at most , join a few library raids with your main and alts farm some garden powder sell some loyalty etc. and u will be able to affor 16x in a few days u may need a week for a 24 x
im just trying to advice you what is the best u can do to buy yourself a peace of land

We've already had this discussion. Taxes are really high. Some people are taking a break before 3.5. Some people are deciding what they're going to do when 3.5 hits.

Do what literally everyone else who wasn't here on grab day did: save up gold, buy land. I see land for sale all the time at decent prices.

There's stuff demo'ing all over at any given time. You just have to find it, there'll never just be huge open swaths of land unless the server was dead.

Problem is too many cheaters out there using hacks/auto clickers to get land. Many of us have seen it but nothing seems to get done about it. When a land placement goes from red to another property placed without ever being available for you to even try to click, you know there is some seriously shady business going on.

Problem is too many cheaters out there using hacks/auto clickers to get land. Many of us have seen it but nothing seems to get done about it. When a land placement goes from red to another property placed without ever being available for you to even try to click, you know there is some seriously shady business going on.

Are you videoing these demos and submitting the videos via ticket? The staff doesn't login to the game. The only way to prove this is happening is to video it and submit it. If you're not doing that, then it didn't happen.

Dw, most if not all so called "hackers" got reported and were investigated, and they all proved their innocence submitting videos to the devs showing how they land grab in a perfectly normal way, by making use of what game has to offer...

It's not particularly productive to accuse people of hacking. If you have evidence you should submit it. I will admit its a thing that was very rampant at the start of the server, especially during land grab / castle claim, but nowadays the big people who have been accused of it have plenty of video evidence of their methods and the GMs have investigated them.

I wasn't the one victimized by it. But I know the person that was did submit the video.

My favorite is the one where someone beats you to a land placement and they are nowhere to be seen.

I have to agree with other posters...I have 12 properties wanna know how I got them....I PAID FOR THEM. Some player just messaged me the other day and was asking me to sell to him/her because I was just planting trees.....SO? And if I am gone for some odd reason for a month and I pay all my taxes....SO? I tell you...just today I saw lots of land available for sale...GO BUY SOME.

As someone who hasn't played here a lot, I do understand people getting really deterred by the land situation. I'm not saying it's right or wrong on either side. But, new players who come in don't know how easy it is to make a few thousand gold here in no time. It is easier than the old retail servers. But, new players don't know that and seeing single 16's that are 3k a pop is like having 'Anti-newbie Spray' on the server. It deters people from playing. Again, I'm not saying that it's right or wrong nor do I know a compromising solution to it. But, I first started here over a year ago. I spent about a week trying to find land. I couldn't find any other than buying it which I didn't honestly invest the time in grinding gold to do. So, I just left and went to play something else. I came back within the last month with a gold-grinding mentality and was able to buy my own plots within a week. It is very doable. I think the issue is that new players don't know that and they see single players like Projudge holding 160 properties on the server and just leave. You can look at that however you'd like. But a year ago, that was how I felt and it literally made me stop playing for a long period of time.

It's just part of the game. I have 5 plots, got all from demos over time. Wasn't a fast process at all. Mine are all currently empty as are most of them around me. Not everyone has something they are in need of planting at any given time. My opinion is that if they are going to do anything extra about housing, i would suggest something about the unbuilt properties. There are several in my area that have been at 0% for months and with no clear intention of doing anything with them. As far as space, i agree with some of the others, just be patient and take the time and go around to different areas, check tags for demos, or buy if you really want to. I see demos quit often and have even grabbed some after seeing a new person looking for some and gave it to them. Patience is a virtue. They already raised the taxes a bunch. Not much else they can do and have already said they won't. They have also stated that there are open plots on the map, you just have to find them. Wish you luck tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back