What's new

Can we please do something about land?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could maybe manually set a max price on property sales(Where we'd use normally manually set a price). If it was cheap or maybe in line with higher tax rates, it could actually deter people from even selling houses as it wouldn't really be worth it financially. That would honestly open up a ton of land if the prices were set really low and would also make the short term purchases cheaper for newbies. But, that would kinda poo on anyone who plays Realtor on the server.

Last edited:
What? Making a cap on selling land wouldn't make it so people sell more. If anything, they'd just hold the land for themselves since it'd be more profitable to keep it.

I have to agree with other posters...I have 12 properties wanna know how I got them....I PAID FOR THEM. Some player just messaged me the other day and was asking me to sell to him/her because I was just planting trees.....SO? And if I am gone for some odd reason for a month and I pay all my taxes....SO? I tell you...just today I saw lots of land available for sale...GO BUY SOME.
I fel bad for u, ur ignorance and gredynes are at at a higer lvl .I miself own 5 plots of land , i was lucki to find 2 spots free and i put mi farms and then i bought the other 3 but that was few months ago when a demo 24 was like 2k gold , i see now ppl are seling for like 3 4 k .A good whay to clear some land would be if nuya wont be able to buy or own land in harany and viceversa , also in mi zone i see some properties that are not being used for like months , owners onli pay tax and thats all .

Could maybe manually set a max price on property sales(Where we'd use normally manually set a price). If it was cheap or maybe in line with higher tax rates, it could actually deter people from even selling houses as it wouldn't really be worth it financially. That would honestly open up a ton of land if the prices were set really low and would also make the short term purchases cheaper for newbies. But, that would kinda poo on anyone who plays Realtor on the server.

Why not make the cost of land increase with each additional property you have. But I'm not sure how much that'll help as tax certs are dirt cheap right now.

the real problem isnt those that have a lot of land and uses them (I do have a lot and use all). There are tons of people that are pre paing taxes for at least 6 month and havent used it and I never saw them around. There are at least 3 of my neighbors that have 5+ lands (16x, 24x, treehouses) and they dont use them since I started playing this game (7 month ago).

I do not have any problem with land, I just think that there are some people that are holding a lot of land and they never play the game.

Community Centers now have an “on sale board.” This board displays all on-sale buildings within the region for easy access.

taken from the 3.5 patch-notes.
land will always be taken as long as this server has it's healthy population.

Vello is selling cheap plots on Nuia side, apparently @MichaelR

Funny how you mention this guy, practically unbeatable from what I hear/experienced. Randomize building death timers could possibly be the way forward, I'm not sure why staff don't care about this issue more.

Funny how you mention this guy, practically unbeatable from what I hear/experienced. Randomize building death timers could possibly be the way forward, I'm not sure why staff don't care about this issue more.

Vello basically lives next door to the servers and has single-digit ping, so that's why he's practically unbeatable. However, the bigger issue are a couple of Haranyans who macro their land grabbing, and randomizing building death timers would definitely make them less capable of grabbing land.

I joined the server and love the people, and the changes you made, but the only real problem is there is absolutely no spaces available for a farm plot. Last night when I spent hours running around I saw scarecrows and gazebos, and a few active farms, but so many of them just empty where people have the land tied up and it's not being used.

I want to stay on the server, because again this server gets rid of all the retail's bullshit, but one of the main reasons I play Archeage is due to the farming and land.

Thank you for your time.

This is a NORMAL experience. This has been known since the birth of this private server.

You cannot expect to be a new player on an active server and just waltz up to ANY housing zone you wish expecting there to be free spots to place your land.
This needs to be added as a AA Hint on the Loading Screen to remind people everyday that this is the case and to let new players know that their experience on this server will be vastly different from that in live.
At least that way we would not see a new "REEE THERE IS NO LAND" posts every 5 days.

Could maybe manually set a max price on property sales(Where we'd use normally manually set a price). If it was cheap or maybe in line with higher tax rates, it could actually deter people from even selling houses as it wouldn't really be worth it financially.

Nope nope nope nope. Absolutely not.
Creating artificial limit on the price of something that has vastly different worth depending on it's location? No thank you.
In theory, a global cap across all properties would not be that difficult to implement, but, building artificial caps on a per zone basis... very funny
Furthermore, instituting max price on these things only gives power to the already rich. Now, instead of a free market settling the prices, the rich will just buy whatever they want left right and centre before even new person may think of farming gold and purchasing.
Further you want to have higher tax rates?
The landgrabber would just use that as justification to INCREASE the gold price they charged to sell you the land, demo to certed. If used in conjuction with your proposed max price, well then we'd know properties would be always for sale for max price...

And... if you see the following post:

Why not make the cost of land increase with each additional property you have. But I'm not sure how much that'll help as tax certs are dirt cheap right now.

Any more increase than what is already implemented in game (starting at having more than 3 properties and maxing out the tax rate at 7+ properties) is punishing EVERYBODY. This would be versus the TEENY TINY percentage of players that are being Real-Estate Agents.

There was already another proposition to change the taxation rates. There will be absolutely none of that here for it is the worst possible response to a problem that does not exist while only hurting normal players at large.

the real problem isnt those that have a lot of land and uses them (I do have a lot and use all). There are tons of people that are pre paing taxes for at least 6 month and havent used it and I never saw them around. There are at least 3 of my neighbors that have 5+ lands (16x, 24x, treehouses) and they dont use them since I started playing this game (7 month ago).

I do not have any problem with land, I just think that there are some people that are holding a lot of land and they never play the game.

I mean there was a thread about people complaining HUGELY that there was going to be Weekly Guild XP requirements. They was saying that it was unfair to charge ppl to have to upkeep something that they already earned or worked for. Look what happened, Devs saw the angry comminity, and changed the requirements for the better...
In the same vein then, are you saying that ppl you "never see around" don't deserve to keep their properties? Yes you are.
Players worked for their properties no matter how many months ago they may have acquired it, or hours spent scouring land grab.
Just because they do not use does not mean you can take away. This is esp. reflected in Devs attitude towards the guild xp requirements that I alluded to earlier (they were proposing taking away whole guild levels a
It is their right to do with it what they wish, if that means leaving it empty then that is their perogative. If anything, they should have set their land to guild so that their fellow members could take advantage of the empty plot, but who knows what is happening there...

I fel bad for u, ur ignorance and gredynes are at at a higer lvl .I miself own 5 plots of land , i was lucki to find 2 spots free and i put mi farms and then i bought the other 3 but that was few months ago when a demo 24 was like 2k gold , i see now ppl are seling for like 3 4 k .A good whay to clear some land would be if nuya wont be able to buy or own land in harany and viceversa , also in mi zone i see some properties that are not being used for like months , owners onli pay tax and thats all .

You are saying that ppl can't own property outside their home continent? what of Auroria then? Should only PN own lands there in their castle'd zones?
I feel bad that you thinking that your thoughts are the only possible thoughts. Everyone has their own way to play, that does not make them anymore right or wrong.
Further, it is useful to have houses on other continents to use a Portals -- this is especially true of the housing Islands in the ocean.

And regarding seeing land empty... I already addressed someone else saying that above

That is in our plans, just not the first priority right now. But, that is something we are going to work on as well.

A good whay to clear some land would be if nuya wont be able to buy or own land in harany and viceversa , also in mi zone i see some properties that are not being used for like months , owners onli pay tax and thats all .

I just noticed this part of your comment. Fyi, back when I was one of those desperately looking around for land, the first plots I stumbled across were on the enemy continent. Free, empty, so I took them. I still own land there since that first week that I took my first random plot. So no thank you to that suggestion of yours. All land everywhere should be available to everyone, cuz indeed pirates and player nations would otherwise have very limited options.

I just noticed this part of your comment. Fyi, back when I was one of those desperately looking around for land, the first plots I stumbled across were on the enemy continent. Free, empty, so I took them. I still own land there since that first week that I took my first random plot. So no thank you to that suggestion of yours. All land everywhere should be available to everyone, cuz indeed pirates and player nations would otherwise have very limited options.
Perhaps not the best sugestion but if we want to solve that isue cause it is an isue for some and i perfectly understand them ,u have 12k labor per day but no land to place a plot, u ned to buy with like 1,5k or more for onli a cotage . So what is left to do then ,? make more land for houses and farms .

I played on one of the more popular live servers, and land was just as difficult to get there as it is here. If you only expect to get free land with your gardens, you will need a lot of practice and patience to win people who basically grab plots for a living. I got a 16 in Sunbite with no contest just this morning. So it can be done. Patience and practice if you have competition.

Alternatively, plop down an 8x8 and save enough to buy a 16 and continue your upgrade path from there. I paid for most of the connected plots I have. I just accepted that I can't win them all. I tried to grab the land multiple times, lost to someone better than me, then bought it from them when they put it for sale. Just accepted my losses and moved on.

Perhaps not the best sugestion but if we want to solve that isue cause it is an isue for some and i perfectly understand them ,u have 12k labor per day but no land to place a plot, u ned to buy with like 1,5k or more for onli a cotage . So what is left to do then ,? make more land for houses and farms .

afaik there isnt really an issue tho. everyone who starts the server either needs to look around a lot for land, or buy it if they want to. it's not as if whoever starts a thread like this is in a unique position.

Land has been a hot topic since Archeage launched in 2014. Throughout my years of playing, many people whined about not having housing, and Trino didn't do anything. Why? There are many reasons: land having value, land being "special" because of its location/scarcity, and economy. If you could throw down land anywhere, there would be no market for resources because you would just grow them yourself and the money that is spent with harvestables will inflate the economy even further. I'm not an economist but I know enough to infer that it would be a detrimental impact on a server's economy.

Furthermore, if Trino did not do anything about housing for over 5 years, and because there's no logical reason to change the system (as mentioned above), I don't think the devs should either.

How much of a potato can you be? Free patron, 500g+ daily income with minimal effort, and you still complain about not getting a house?

tl;dr, stop whining and either find land, raise money to buy it (takes a few hours to a few days to get enough for a plot of land), or stake out at a demo and snag a plot.

I cannot believe people still complain about lack of free land, when 3.5 added a community board that makes finding cheap plots easier than ever, in addition to the removed labor usage from planting in the wild. All mats have half the original growth time, go exploring, find a decent spot to plant your stuff and harvest it before anyone even realized something was planted there.

Stop expecting to get breast-fed and work for what you want to call your own.

I don't know if it is possible, but one solution could be so one player can only have one big farm (16x16 or 24x24), one 8x8 farm and one house maximum. Three properties in total, two if someone uses the 8x8 farm to craft Farmer's Workstation. This way, more people could be able to have land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back