What's new

Can we please do something about land?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it is possible, but one solution could be so one player can only have one big farm (16x16 or 24x24), one 8x8 farm and one house maximum. Three properties in total, two if someone uses the 8x8 farm to craft Farmer's Workstation. This way, more people could be able to have land.

Absolutely not.

This would be damaging to farming across the board. Growing stuff only on one 24 Gazebo and 1 Upgraded Farmer's thatched? Good luck getting anywhere any time soon bud.
Trees take up so much space that you'd hardly plant any.
The 24 Gazebo can't even fit a Majestic Tree/Miners Drill; you'd have to put it on a 16 CASH SHOP farm or a 24 Pavilion.

Let's talk about those actually, are you saying that people who have purhcased Cash Shop farms should just be screwed over now? Hmmmm........................

And what about treehouses, and other larger homes, Chalets, Mansion? Just delete them from the game I guess...???

Your proposition is just another example of a solution to a problem that does not exist which only cuts everyone down for no ones benefit .

How many times do we all have to keep saying it...

Last edited:
I don't know if it is possible, but one solution could be so one player can only have one big farm (16x16 or 24x24), one 8x8 farm and one house maximum. Three properties in total, two if someone uses the 8x8 farm to craft Farmer's Workstation. This way, more people could be able to have land.

The specific land size rules that people own might be tricky to implement, what would be easy to me would be that people can own 3 lands of any size maximum and then just set any additional lands the tax increase is outrageous (9999 tax cert).

The game has already been set, I could only see a small benefit that encourages brand new players to the server but this would be a good starting idea to building a new archeage server that looks to balance the game for everyone + donations are swapped with subscription, subscription can be easy to implement, like changing the Archeage labor buff + you can't own land without it + you get tax on AH among other things and people will have to keep renewing labor stripend which would have a massive price hike vs current.

The specific land size rules that people own might be tricky to implement, what would be easy to me would be that people can own 3 lands of any size maximum and then just set any additional lands the tax increase is outrageous (9999 tax cert).

The game has already been set, I could only see a small benefit that encourages brand new players to the server but this would be a good starting idea to building a new archeage server that looks to balance the game for everyone + donations are swapped with subscription, subscription can be easy to implement, like changing the Archeage labor buff + you can't own land without it + you get tax on AH among other things and people will have to keep renewing labor stripend which would have a massive price hike vs current.

Absolutely not.

Again you still have that issue of the CASH SHOP farms. Are you telling those people that they can just suck it becasue a few players don't want to put in the work?

How many times does it have to be said?

Go do the hard yard and work for your land, scour for demo's, farm gold in any way possible to work up to your first farm. It is not difficult.

From there keep slingshotting the money you make off the plots you acquire to keep growing your land portfolio, or keep going for demos.

No thank you, you'd also seriously limit the storage space people would be able to have, because houses have storage, but barely any land, and farms have land but cant hold storage.. you'd force people to choose between land or storage, while one is kinda useless without the other.

I'll just quote myself;

afaik there isnt really an issue tho. everyone who starts the server either needs to look around a lot for land, or buy it if they want to. it's not as if whoever starts a thread like this is in a unique position.

There isn't a land issue. Land is supposed to be a limited commodity. If you try and work for it you can get land, it's just how it is.

Can we please stop posting about this land BS, every day = new thread... just with the different title.
Use search "land", asked and answered with lots of opinions and why and what, and why not.

Last edited:
The people who cashed in tree houses at the start and secured tons of lands are on the forums telling us that there isn't an issue whilst anyone who has remotely any desire to check out the server or check it out again, are being held back by the thought of having to spend this much effort for a 16x16.

The people who cashed in tree houses at the start and secured tons of lands are on the forums telling us that there isn't an issue whilst anyone who has remotely any desire to check out the server or check it out again, are being held back by the thought of having to spend this much effort for a 16x16.

What are you talking about.
Established and new players alike look for land regardless of if they themselves require it - maybe someone in their guild does need that information cause they want a new property or that person IS A NEW/RETURNING PLAYER????
That means that new and established players alike are doing the exact same thing, putting in effort to find land/buy land.

It doesn't matter if we already HAVE land, if we are LOOKING for land, the cost is the same for all players.
New and established.
That makes the point you're trying to make invalid.

I acknowledge that established players HAVING land makes it easier to perpetuate a cycle of getting gold to BUY more land, locking out new players from the property market.
But realistically it's not as though everyone that is established is gonna go full land hoarder mode just because they can... That's a very poor judgement to make. So then those players will reach a soft-cap of land ownership based on their tolerance for Tax Certificate costs.

I for one despite having the capacity to outright purchase land on the main continents (Haranya, Nuia) refuse to do so on the basis that it perpetuates the real-estate market that is quite toxic right now due to a few KNOWN players. I'm sure all veterans of the game in this thread know who I am talking about.
So I similarly have to go look for demoitions, wait for them, hope that no one turns up or hope I win the demo.... like :D

Our experiences are not so different afterall.

------------------------

As asides: Notes on putting in effort to get land

People are generally very helpful regarding Demolitons because they KNOW about the rampant real-estate agents...
But you have to ASK first, and, most likely you have to ask a group of people that are invested in you socially.
ie, faction chat will not help you, but, guild chat will. :p

All this, yet not to mention that many guilds have guild lands that are shared by players for the benefit of others, cause, as people are saying, when it's not being used... someone else can benefit.... But we'd like to keep that benefit to people whom we have some association with

I already said this in fact.
It is their right to do with it what they wish, if that means leaving it empty then that is their perogative. If anything, they should have set their land to guild so that their fellow members could take advantage of the empty plot, but who knows what is happening there...

I have no idea what you expect from putting in the minimal effort while managing to spend time complaining here about the "effort" required to get said properties...:(

Veterans/established players in the game are TELLING you there is no problem, because the established method of setting yourself up in this server has ALWAYS been to scour for demos and get lucky with winning/going uncontested OR purchasing the land outright.
These are FIRST HAND experiences.

I for one have seen many demo's go uncontested... If no one is picking it up, whose fault is it really...

Then, let's talk about outright purchasing a plot.
1k/2k gold cost is NOT cumbersome because there are so many ways that a quick buck can be made in this server. Sure they're grindy, but, what about this game isn't?

Good example: MINING the public nodes
4x Labor Regen, means it's easier to just keep tapping the node and build up a bunch of Iron Ore/other Ores, and you pick up stone.
Of course this is a boring grind. But after that you're really just doing other boring grind anyways..... What does it matter getting used to it early one? :p:p

My guildies and friends of theirs have run into empty land completely overlooked in Two Crowns, Halcyona, and Gweonid over the last 3 weeks. Two of the plots involved (a 16x16 and a 24x24 conveniently hidden by trees) we already knew about but completely forgot to attend the demo of until 6 hours after they went down, and they were still there out in the open and no one had taken them. We keep gaining more new members and they keep finding plots of land in various zones to put down 8x8's and 16x16's to at least gain access to fellowship pack benches. There isn't a land problem, people are just not looking hard enough and are demanding prime real estate be given to them for free with no effort on their part.

please stop talking, what you've said is total bullshit.
"this much effort for a 16x16" are you kidding me ? they go for 1500g thats 2-3hrs farming gold.

please stop talking, what you've said is total bullshit.
"this much effort for a 16x16" are you kidding me ? they go for 1500g thats 2-3hrs farming gold.
Actuali ur wrong dude maibe that was in 3.0 but now since u can upgrade a cotage they go from 3k to 5 go and check arcum if u dont believe me , when they were like 1k or 1k and a half yeah was easy to make gold and buy but now is a bit more harder. Gredynes that some players have is to high and that is not helpful for the game.

Actuali ur wrong dude maibe that was in 3.0 but now since u can upgrade a cotage they go from 3k to 5 go and check arcum if u dont believe me , when they were like 1k or 1k and a half yeah was easy to make gold and buy but now is a bit more harder. Gredynes that some players have is to high and that is not helpful for the game.

Oh no, not 4-6 hours of farming gold as per trapwhre's math. Oh the inhumanity.

/s

Lol u are not too good at basic math do u ?

He said 2-3 hours for 1500g. You said 3-5k. That's implying there is a bare minimum of 3k, which is double the gold value of "1500". 2-3 x 2 = 4-6. I think that means both my math AND my English comprehension are better than yours.

16 Cottages and Farms are still selling for anywhere between 1k - 2k in most zones.
Maybe if you are wanting a Villanelle property with a good view of the ocean then it costs 3-5k (16s).
But that's what we call prime real estate with the "value added" coming from the view and location.
Even if the view has no functional value other than prettiness.

Whatever you are saying about Arcum Iris. That person is just being stupid and it will not sell in a short time.
I guess it could be one of that CERTAIN KNOWN PLAYERS THAT WILL NOT BE NAME.
If they want to do that... welll they can go ruin their taxes by overcharging for a property that no one will buy except the most desperate.
Of which there is no one that desperate because OBVIOUSLY everyone would rather waste time writing on forums complaining about things in game than actually working to slowly uplift themselves.

Overall, there are many contrapoints to make about your summation of land prices.

For one and SANE person is not over-charging for their land sales. Only CERTAIN KNOWN PLAYERS. I am not going to directly name anyone here because if you really are looking for land or in the loop then you know whom I am talking about.
When ANYONE else sells land it's always at reasonable prices (cause who wants to be stuck with paying the taxes on it forever) and guess what, I see the property get sold within 2/3 days tops.
You can't complain that you didn't walk by such property to see it was cheap because there's the board of sales at each zone's community centre now, so it's even easier to see if there is anything for sale now.

Then there are way to get "free" land...
You know what those are called?
DEMOLITION / LAND GRAB
Sure it requires TIME and EFFORT to scour the zones checking each property for it's demo timer.
But you can happen upon empty plots very often if you are actually putting in the effort to walk around.

IDK about you, but, starting players have 2 ways to go about it, both of which require some small effort on their part. What is harder, to farm a few thousand gold to get your first property... Which if you use it correctly:

Absolutely not.
From there keep slingshotting the money you make off the plots you acquire to keep growing your land portfolio, or keep going for demos.

I already said, you can use your first property which all these new players seem to think is the KEY to generating gold to keep slingshotting and churning out more gold to purchase more land if you wish.

Or you can still keep going for demos and be a cheapo like me.

What are you talking about.
I for one despite having the capacity to outright purchase land on the main continents (Haranya, Nuia) refuse to do so on the basis that it perpetuates the real-estate market that is quite toxic right now due to a few KNOWN players. I'm sure all veterans of the game in this thread know who I am talking about.
So I similarly have to go look for demoitions, wait for them, hope that no one turns up or hope I win the demo.... like :D

Our experiences are not so different afterall.

There are other things that can be said, but, I'm going to leave the onus on you to actually do the reading of the threads on this forum. Just search "land" by user xkf2, or zenjirr, or aviendha, or trapwhere02 or flipsy... these are the same names over and over that are trying to help helpful by suggesting to new players the course of action to take to acquire land when they complain about the land barrier and woah, people actually realise that it's actually quite small.

There's only so much spoonfeeding that anyone can handle, and, if afterall you aren't going to help you help yourself then what's the point trying to hammer it at you all that there is no issue.

I and many others keep repeating over and over and over to no avail obviously to your eyes.

Maybe you are trying to make it a battle of attrition and hope that everyone who says there is no problem will just give up on you all and stop replying? Cause as always there is a never ending stream of people asking for changes to the land system, changes to the tax system, saying there is no "free" land, saying that land is so hard to look for...

If that is what you want - a battle of attrition - of those who can keep complaining and the few that are consistently and constantly replying to the issues that don't exist;
Then I will meet you half-way and be the anti-thesis.

Irregardless, like a friend of mine put it:

Can we please stop posting about this land BS, every day = new thread... just with the different title.
Use search "land", asked and answered with lots of opinions and why and what, and why not.

If you came a year and a half late to a land auction in real life and all the plots of land had been long since sold, would you also cry to the auctioneers about there being no land left?

You should really run your posts through a spelling checker.

lol I never played "at the start" and I got a treehouse.. I said there isn't an issue really because I have been in the same situation as all those people who start these threads, and I managed to get land without complaining on forum. Guess work and effort is just a thing some people put time in, and others don't.

@Sparkle maybe this thread should be closed? it's going in circles here XD

If you came a year and a half late to a land auction in real life and all the plots of land had been long since sold, would you also cry to the auctioneers about there being no land left?

That is all u can say

Well yeah mi english is not that good and i apologise for that. But ur coment was meant to ofend me . Good luck and have a nice day .

He said 2-3 hours for 1500g. You said 3-5k. That's implying there is a bare minimum of 3k, which is double the gold value of "1500". 2-3 x 2 = 4-6. I think that means both my math AND my English comprehension are better than yours.
Ghrow up .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back