What's new

Can you reduce Titan's health? Please?

Walrus

As-is the Titan's health is way too high, maybe half or at the very least a quarter reduction in overall health would be ideal. Takes almost an hour to kill the damn thing, especially since interest has waned a bit due to how utterly tedious it is to kill the damn thing. Don't get me wrong, we still get multiple raids but there are noticeably less people to kill the bloody Titan.

It's already unpleasant with the lag, even on spammable skills it takes 3-5 seconds for it to actually fire off a single cast. We had people show up almost 30 minutes after it started and the Titan was just under half health. Item drops are few and far between so there's very very little incentive to actually sit through the full fight and instead just show up towards the end.

FYI I mean lag not low FPS, even at 20-30 fps at it shouldn't take 5 seconds for skill to respond.

Event will end in a bit more than 1 week. No changes will be made to the current event.

Well, looking on how you are killing Titan right now I get some doubts.

But even if we reduce his HP you need to start killing boss. Today too many of you are just standing there with no actions. Start shooting skills into Titan, guys, he'll not die himself.

But even if we reduce his HP you need to start killing boss. Today too many of you are just standing there with no actions. Start shooting skills into Titan, guys, he'll not die himself.
There's been lots of people at every single one, and the server lags to absolute hell during it. All of our abilities get seconds several second delays, and because of it lots of people die to the enemies. It's not like Kadum where everyones abilities work normally, even when its just the titan left and no other enemies it lags super bad. The HP would be fine if it weren't for the lag. It may just be because of the lag that it appears like people aren't doing anything, but hard to say.

I really appreciate the intention to give us content but not like this.. Lag I can understand but making melee class unable to use skills is what making people go afk..

Also next time please avoid RNG rewards.. one person getting 10k worth items and others getting junk is not fair. The game has enough RNG already.

I really appreciate the intention to give us content but not like this.. Lag I can understand but making melee class unable to use skills is what making people go afk..

Also next time please avoid RNG rewards.. one person getting 10k worth items and others getting junk is not fair. The game has enough RNG already.
I would have to agree with this. If I keep getting bad RNG like this, I’m not even going to get the maxed title. I was extremely excited when I saw the announcement but between the lag and the RNG, this has been my least favorite event ever in AA.

I would have to agree with this. If I keep getting bad RNG like this, I’m not even going to get the maxed title. I was extremely excited when I saw the announcement but between the lag and the RNG, this has been my least favorite event ever in AA.

I can agree with this. I have been to many rifts and haven't missed a single boss yet and due to RNG I am still behind on getting the max title. It would be great if RNG was not a factor in this as some players could be extremely unlucky and even with participating could not end up with enough for the max title.

My husband: "Spending over an hour to freeze-frame a boss to death just so I can get 2 Prime Lunarite and an Eternal Winter Chill while people that go afk in the raid are getting Axis Mundi Aegis is enough for me to wish I got cancer"

Completely agree, it makes no sense to tie a title with an event that if you complete each titan quest you can on Saturdays and Wednesdays, you still have a chance of not getting the title. People with full time jobs that can't rely on RNG doing multiple rifts a day and can only do 1-2 rifts on the days they spawn, cannot catch up. The titan shouldn't drop less than the minimum average you would need to get the title by completing the quest every time you can. But for some reason it drops 70-90, which can punish you for going to this event. Instead it should give 80-90 which would guarantee if you complete the titan quest line every Saturday and Wednesday for the entire event you are rewarded the title, regardless of RNG. Putting an RNG factor for the essence makes no sense. The people who spend the time and effort to do this event by being able to throw a fireball or shoot an arrow once every 10 seconds should be rewarded.

@Sparkle Your above comment makes me think you haven't been present for a titan kill.
So for you to understand our pain, i ask that you make a new character and give yourself that starter kit, hell go full annayad and make a melee build do High Damage like Dark runner or something. then come and join the Titan Fight.

I Promise that you being there and attempting to help, you will see how this event is flawed. and in the future I suggest that you should have at least 2 staff members join on new events, for quality assurance reasons.

I would like to expand the above post with somewhat I hope is helpful information.

I am able to run this game at 60+ Fps on High/Ultra Gfx.
I turn down all my settings for Titan.
I am a 4.7gs Dark Runner

Glaring issues.
1. Up to if not more than a 5 second Lag.
2. Unable to use any melee skill. (Dagger throw and overwhelm are the only 2 I am able to use but auto attack, and even that times out)
3. Most of the time when the ads first spawn in, I cannot see them, (for about 2 min I cannot see a single add) if I die the same thing happens when I run back.
4. Due to the extreme Lag that affects the entire game (yes the whole game, every zone, I was attempting to Plant crops in Rokhala Mountains during a titan event and was still faced with a 3-5 second lag.

Now I am not a game designer and would not tell you how to run your game,

Ideas
1. Attempt to put this boss in an instanced dungeon zone. On its own server, that may help eliminate some of the lag for the people that do not participate.
2. Move the bosses hit box lower so that Melee are able to use skills.
3. Remove the ability to spawn pets, boats, mounts, mailboxes, warehouses to remove a lot of the trolling that happens.
4. Increase the size of the loot able after the kill, to help people attempting to loot it, a few days it felt like cancer attempting to loot the boss.
5. Make a cutoff like for rewards like you need to participate on 50% of the fight to receive rewards, currently I only have to show up at last second shoot it with 1 arrow and I have a chance at a 10k reward.

All in all I enjoy this custom content and I thank you all for your hard work.

@Sparkle Your above comment makes me think you haven't been present for a titan kill.
So for you to understand our pain, i ask that you make a new character and give yourself that starter kit, hell go full annayad and make a melee build do High Damage like Dark runner or something. then come and join the Titan Fight.

I Promise that you being there and attempting to help, you will see how this event is flawed. and in the future I suggest that you should have at least 2 staff members join on new events, for quality assurance reasons.

I was there, every Titan.

I would like to expand the above post with somewhat I hope is helpful information.

I am able to run this game at 60+ Fps on High/Ultra Gfx.
I turn down all my settings for Titan.
I am a 4.7gs Dark Runner

Glaring issues.
1. Up to if not more than a 5 second Lag.
2. Unable to use any melee skill. (Dagger throw and overwhelm are the only 2 I am able to use but auto attack, and even that times out)
3. Most of the time when the ads first spawn in, I cannot see them, (for about 2 min I cannot see a single add) if I die the same thing happens when I run back.
4. Due to the extreme Lag that affects the entire game (yes the whole game, every zone, I was attempting to Plant crops in Rokhala Mountains during a titan event and was still faced with a 3-5 second lag.

Now I am not a game designer and would not tell you how to run your game,

Ideas
1. Attempt to put this boss in an instanced dungeon zone. On its own server, that may help eliminate some of the lag for the people that do not participate.
2. Move the bosses hit box lower so that Melee are able to use skills.
3. Remove the ability to spawn pets, boats, mounts, mailboxes, warehouses to remove a lot of the trolling that happens.
4. Increase the size of the loot able after the kill, to help people attempting to loot it, a few days it felt like cancer attempting to loot the boss.
5. Make a cutoff like for rewards like you need to participate on 50% of the fight to receive rewards, currently I only have to show up at last second shoot it with 1 arrow and I have a chance at a 10k reward.

All in all I enjoy this custom content and I thank you all for your hard work.

Event will not be changed. I said already that I'll think on the possibility to cut Titan's HP to reduce the time you are fighting it. The rest will stay as it is. We appreciate your suggestions but other things are the event features.

The only real problem of the event is the lags. They are caused by a big quantity of players gathered in same place. That is a game sided issue, nothing connected to server or event design or the location. This is the game design that had some bad implementation. To change it for game client to handle bigger quantity of players, we need to rework the game from it's base that is currently not possible. We are working on the ways to reduce lags, but completely removing them is not possible at the moment. Titan's size, players summoning mailboxes, ships, etc have nothing to do with the lags.

Event will not be changed. I said already that I'll think on the possibility to cut Titan's HP to reduce the time you are fighting it. The rest will stay as it is. We appreciate your suggestions but other things are the event features.

The only real problem of the event is the lags. They are caused by a big quantity of players gathered in same place. That is a game sided issue, nothing connected to server or event design or the location. This is the game design that had some bad implementation. To change it for game client to handle bigger quantity of players, we need to rework the game from it's base that is currently not possible. We are working on the ways to reduce lags, but completely removing them is not possible at the moment. Titan's size, players summoning mailboxes, ships, etc have nothing to do with the lags.
Just a word of advice, don't take offense. But when the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of players are telling you something is wrong, maybe it's a good idea to put ego and pride aside and just listen. Don't be Trion..... You guys said you don't want to be compaired to Trion, but it's really hard when you ignore the majority of the player bases wishes. This is a business for you, you make fuck tons of money off of this server. At least have the common sense to LISTEN to what your player base is literally screaming at you. If you were really there for all the titan kills you would have seen faction chat sitting there discussing what is wrong with this event, EVERY SINGLE TIME that the Titan Crow's Rift is up.
You're already making easy cash, just appease the player base, you don't stand to lose anything; only gain by having satisfied customers. Whether you want to admit it or not, this is 100% a business for you with the amount of money that is made Via Credit donations, so act like it and put your company and your player-bases's best interests into account and kill your ego, other wise you are destined for failure. Words of wisdom based on experience, please don't take the truth as me being aggressive or attacking you. I want to see this game succeed more than anyone, but it wont succeed like this.

inb4 I get perma-banned.

Just a word of advice, don't take offense. But when the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of players are telling you something is wrong, maybe it's a good idea to put ego and pride aside and just listen. Don't be Trion..... You guys said you don't want to be compaired to Trion, but it's really hard when you ignore the majority of the player bases wishes. This is a business for you, you make fuck tons of money off of this server. At least have the common sense to LISTEN to what your player base is literally screaming at you. If you were really there for all the titan kills you would have seen faction chat sitting there discussing what is wrong with this event, EVERY SINGLE TIME that the Titan Crow's Rift is up.
You're already making easy cash, just appease the player base, you don't stand to lose anything; only gain by having satisfied customers. Whether you want to admit it or not, this is 100% a business for you with the amount of money that is made Via Credit donations, so act like it and put your company and your player-bases's best interests into account and kill your ego, other wise you are destined for failure. Words of wisdom based on experience, please don't take the truth as me being aggressive or attacking you. I want to see this game succeed more than anyone, but it wont succeed like this.
inb4 I get perma-banned.

What are your suggestions? If you read my previous post you are replying to, you will see that I confirmed that lags are present during the battle and explained you why that is happening and why it's impossible to remove them completely. Also, event is completely free for the players, so I don't understand your complaint regarding the cash grab, I'm sorry.

What are your suggestions? If you read my previous post you are replying to, you will see that I confirmed that lags are present during the battle and explained you why that is happening and why it's impossible to remove them completely. Also, event is completely free for the players, so I don't understand your complaint regarding the cash grab, I'm sorry.
You completely missed my point. It doesn't matter if it's free for the customers or not. The sooner you realize that what works For the Russia server doesn't necessarily work here, the better. We are two separate player bases with different needs and play styles. My point was that, if the overwhelming majority is saying something that you should address it or at least look at it from their perspective. You make your money, Idc. I never said anything about a cash grab; just that this server is 100% a business at this point so you need to view it from that perspective.

I may be wrong but when on MM boss Kadum we have at least half of the people that go to Titan and zero lag and when I have lag during Titan event no matter where I am on the map that is not client based issue it is the server that can not handle whatever is happening with this event.

That is a game sided issue, nothing connected to server or event design or the locations.
Uhm, I know this game is heavy on client side, but the lag is not client sided at all, fps drop is. If it takes 5 seconds to shoot something instant, that means the server can't process it. And I got you need to change the whole nature of the engine for it to work, and it sucks.
You have to acknowledge, this game can't handle that much player. So avoid making events, which revolves around having half the server at one place. We can all learn from this, and make improvements.

The next time this event returns, just make Titan like the rift, every 3 hour, and reduce the boss hp to mach something like Kadum (and also reducing the add numbers). This is not a challenging boss fight at all, so it doesn't matter if we stand in one place shooting for 60 minute or 10 minute. This way you reduce lag, and make this kill somewhat fun, and also provide more time for those who can't reach the 2 which you already provided (I mean, Saturday evening is not the best time to host any event). We can only get the reward for it once for a day because of the quest (which is good), so it doesn't really matter, you can spawn him every hour.
What are your thoughts about it?

@Updown spawning boss every hour is not a good idea as it's not just against the event story but will also not reduce the number of players. In that case players will just use multiple characters on the account to visit the event.
I already confirmed that game is built in such a way that can't handle big quantity of players without starting lagging (more than 200 players) gathered same location. Due to it server starts lagging as numbers joining each battle is much higher. That's why the whole server can experience the lags.
This event gathered more players than any event ever.
We did a few things to optimize it as much as possible and go it smoother during the next battle with Titan you'll have in a day, but, unfortunately, it's impossible to remove lags completely.
This is the first time when this event is released for players. It's unexpected that game can't handle big quantity of players same place for us as well. When event returns next time it will be reworked to avoid issues found during the current one.

Back