What's new

Can you reduce Titan's health? Please?

@Updown spawning boss every hour is not a good idea as it's not just against the event story but will also not reduce the number of players. In that case players will just use multiple characters on the account to visit the event.
That's understandable, didn't consider the alt characters at all. And I guess making the quest starter like loyalti button just for every 3 day is not really a solution either (not really familiar with the limitation of that).

And I am glad to hear that you take this experience and try to improve it next time. This event was not a bad idea (however, a little bit less on the rng part would be welcome, reward ranging between 20 gold to 10k+ gold), and I haven't seen any MMO which could handle 200+ players well. That's why Blizzard haven't really released a big server event since the Ahn'Quiraj opening (on the other hand that was 10+ years ago).

Who has actually had any FUN during this event? The only reason why people are trying so hard attending is for the OP title that shouldn't be a thing at all in the first place if there is any concern for balance. This event not only has massively frustrated players, but it does indeed cause server lag because even when not attending the event the game can't process doing any task without a 5 second delay. I know people quitting this game due to this event. This is not good.

Who has actually had any FUN during this event? The only reason why people are trying so hard attending is for the OP title that shouldn't be a thing at all in the first place if there is any concern for balance. This event not only has massively frustrated players, but it does indeed cause server lag because even when not attending the event the game can't process doing any task without a 5 second delay. I know people quitting this game due to this event. This is not good.
The silver lining is this indicates we have a large player base that is attending the event, so much so that it exceeds the estimated server capacity. I won't say it's pleasant, because the lag certainly fucking isn't but at the same time we have a large healthy server population which is good long term. Also, the admins changed their minds and reduced the hp of the titan. The fact we have admins that listen to feedback and implement what they can with their limited resources is a good thing. I honestly didn't expect them to change anything this time due to the event being pretty much over and certainly not so quickly.

If you really want you can go back to the soon-to-be-sold Trion who rarely listened to their player base and when they did.....they sure as fuck didn't implement changes in under a week.

If you really want you can go back to the soon-to-be-sold Trion who rarely listened to their player base and when they did.....they sure as fuck didn't implement changes in under a week.

The already-sold Trion, the same day it was announced they were being bought out was the same day they were sold and almost all employees were fired :p

@Updown spawning boss every hour is not a good idea as it's not just against the event story but will also not reduce the number of players. In that case players will just use multiple characters on the account to visit the event.
I already confirmed that game is built in such a way that can't handle big quantity of players without starting lagging (more than 200 players) gathered same location. Due to it server starts lagging as numbers joining each battle is much higher. That's why the whole server can experience the lags.
This event gathered more players than any event ever.
We did a few things to optimize it as much as possible and go it smoother during the next battle with Titan you'll have in a day, but, unfortunately, it's impossible to remove lags completely.
This is the first time when this event is released for players. It's unexpected that game can't handle big quantity of players same place for us as well. When event returns next time it will be reworked to avoid issues found during the current one.

People here are not dumb I haven't read a single comment where someone wants you to magically fix the lag people want that event gone.

The real problem is the OP reward you don't see such numbers in Kadum because the reward is not that huge next time you make an event put a reasonable reward that people can actually pass on do not put game changing stuff that everyone would want at all costs when the game clearly can't handle it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The real problem is the OP reward you don't see such numbers in Kadum because the reward is not that huge next time you make an event put a reasonable reward that people can actually pass on do not put game changing stuff that everyone would want at all costs when the game clearly can't handle it.
This exactly. Also making it so you can do it on your own time without having to get to every single one. People have jobs or other business in their lives and can't always be playing a game at certain times. It's good for events over and over again that are permanent for group activities but asking someone to do not only a repeated preliminary quest, attend another time based event AND attend yet another time based event is a struggle for those with different or busy schedules. It's asking too much. The event isn't about working to do something. It's about being at the right place at the right time, praying rng doesn't screw you, and hoping your computer/game doesn't crash while you struggle against lag. There is no fun to be had. People only do this exclusively for the reward and they only do it because the reward is too strong.

Back