What's new

Client stops downloading

Marco a cuevas

This is officially the worst experience I have ever had downloading a client of ANY game and I've played lots of games.

yes I have read the guides does no good.

This computer does not have archeage downloaded anywhere on it it's my spare PC but still high end.

Client stops at 1.70gb and says repair failed. I never even tried to repair it. Tried the torrent on my other PC that has a new SSD on it NOTHING torrent will not update to current Archerage so it just blacks out. Why can't you guys update all your downloads and test them this is just horrible I have tons of larders that are about to go BOOM.

Torrent download works fine for our players. It was tested multiple times on our side as well as players side as many players use it to download the game. Due to it, we can assume that something on your side was blocking game download.

There could be multiple issues, like bad connection, not enough space on a disk, FAT32 disk file system that has 2 GB restrictions for download, instead of NTFS that would let you unlimited GBs to be downloaded.

What about the direct download? It's fubar to me with the launcher saying "repair process failed" or "download process failed"...
I'll try the torrent but seriously..

What about the direct download? It's fubar to me with the launcher saying "repair process failed" or "download process failed"...
I'll try the torrent but seriously..

You just need to restart your PC for download to continue.
Also, you need to remove the file client.version in the game folder and then press Repair button.

You just need to restart your PC for download to continue.
Also, you need to remove the file client.version in the game folder and then press Repair button.
Panic over - torrent worked fine...
You may as well remove the direct download option if we have to jump through hoops to get it to work, it gives a very negative first impression when the launcher dies, I'd imagine many just give up at that point.

It will not be removed as that option works fine for multiple players and just a few have issues with it.

It will not be removed as that option works fine for multiple players and just a few have issues with it.
Im having the same issue , downloaded the torrent and great dl speed but when i opened the client , holy , i have 300mb/s and the download speed is a clown fiesta , going from 16mB/s to 1 and every 5 minutes "Repair procces failed " .

With that error is impossible to install the game , any suggestions?

Im having the same issue , downloaded the torrent and great dl speed but when i opened the client , holy , i have 300mb/s and the download speed is a clown fiesta , going from 16mB/s to 1 and every 5 minutes "Repair procces failed " .

With that error is impossible to install the game , any suggestions?

You need to remove the file client.version in the game folder and then press Repair button.

I made an account just because of this thread.

I've been stalking the forums for a solution and nothing I've read has worked either!

The Direct Download with the Launcher quite obviously has issues, so I did as recommended and downloaded the torrent installer and installed to D:\Games\ArcheRage NA.

I then started the Launcher, and from the looks of it, it started over from scratch with the download? I'm honestly at a loss, lol.

I have tried multiple drives that are using NTFS as their file-system so it's not a file size limitation. I've also tried numerous compatibility settings, explicitly running as administrator, etc.

You guys have a great opportunity here now that Trion has finally fallen. I'd love to play if you guys can find a solution. I've reinstalled 3 or 4 times now because it keeps restarting the download from scratch.

EDIT: I also have a high-end PC with 300 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.

EDIT2: I'm also Hardwired. Direct Downloads interrupt with me as well.

Last edited:
I made an account just because of this thread.

I've been stalking the forums for a solution and nothing I've read has worked either!

The Direct Download with the Launcher quite obviously has issues, so I did as recommended and downloaded the torrent installer and installed to D:\Games\ArcheRage NA.

I then started the Launcher, and from the looks of it, it started over from scratch with the download? I'm honestly at a loss, lol.

I have tried multiple drives that are using NTFS as their file-system so it's not a file size limitation. I've also tried numerous compatibility settings, explicitly running as administrator, etc.

You guys have a great opportunity here now that Trion has finally fallen. I'd love to play if you guys can find a solution. I've reinstalled 3 or 4 times now because it keeps restarting the download from scratch.

EDIT: I also have a high-end PC with 300 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.

EDIT2: I'm also Hardwired. Direct Downloads interrupt with me as well.

Direct Download works for the majority of the players with no issues. Can you please confirm what issue did you have with it?

If, when you opened the launcher, game started to re-download, that means something went wrong with the original download. You just need to wait for download to complete.

From what I've heard, 1 out of 2 people experience issues with the in-launcher downloading. It is recommended that you download the full game client via the torrent method.

I also just made a forum account for this reason. I have been trying to download the game from the provided launcher well over 10 times in the last day. All of my attempts have ended in it either telling me there was a repair error or that it failed to download. After each attempt, it would also tell me the download size was a different size. Getting smaller and larger each time. There seems to be plenty of other people I have talked to that have also had issues with this method of downloading the client. You seem to be ignoring the fact that there are indeed issues with the launcher that needs some addressing. I would love to play the game but the fact that the launcher doesn't even function correctly makes that impossible.

EDIT:
I would like to point out that one shouldn't assume it is the user's problem when several users have reported this issue, and I am sure we have capable computers that can function or we wouldn't be here in the first place. Blaming a community for something not working isn't a good appearance.

I also just made a forum account for this reason. I have been trying to download the game from the provided launcher well over 10 times in the last day. All of my attempts have ended in it either telling me there was a repair error or that it failed to download. After each attempt, it would also tell me the download size was a different size. Getting smaller and larger each time. There seems to be plenty of other people I have talked to that have also had issues with this method of downloading the client. You seem to be ignoring the fact that there are indeed issues with the launcher that needs some addressing. I would love to play the game but the fact that the launcher doesn't even function correctly makes that impossible.

EDIT:
I would like to point out that one shouldn't assume it is the user's problem when several users have reported this issue, and I am sure we have capable computers that can function or we wouldn't be here in the first place. Blaming a community for something not working isn't a good appearance.

If direct download would be broken, players wouldn't be able to download the game using it. All the Devs team, Administration, Moderators and multiple players use it with no errors. Some players have the trouble with it but we couldn't reproduce the error on our side no matter how many attempts were made. That means something on the players side is causing the issue.
If something is broken nobody would be able to use it, but that's not a case.

If something is broken nobody would be able to use it, but that's not a case.

This is not a fact. It is quite obvious there is a serious underlying issue with the direct download. After the torrent download has completed and installed, its your launcher that breaks and this is certainly not new.

There are enough complaints to warrant a bug report and an investigation.

Edit: I didnt reply yesterday because you basically told me to wait for the download to finish. I already explained that it isnt even possible... as well as many others. I do not plan to keep reinstallig the torrent download and watching it delete itself and restart from scratch over and over. Especially on an SSD...

Not worth killing my hardware... if your Dev Team can fix the problem I will play. Otherwise I will join the pool of players who cant play and move on. I tried.

Last edited:
Made a forum account to post that I am also having this issue. 4 attempts, over 7GB each time, and then somewhere after that it gives me the error: The repair process failed.

High end PC, Gig internet, leave it alone completely, installing to an SSD that houses all of my games, and works flawlessly for all other games I play, including new games recently downloaded, still fails each time. Tried completely redownloading it all, including the launcher, still no dice.

Last edited:
Made a forum account to post that I am also having this issue. 4 attempts, over 7GB each time, and then somewhere after that it gives me the error: The repair process failed.

High end PC, Gig internet, leave it alone completely, installing to an SSD that houses all of my games, and works flawlessly for all other games I play, including new games recently downloaded, still fails each time. Tried completely redownloading it all, including the launcher, still no dice.

Did you try recommendation that was posted by me above?

You need to remove the file client.version in the game folder and then press Repair button.

Did you try recommendation that was posted by me above?

I did, but it didn't make a difference. I went through every suggestion inothe last 4 threads on the topic, as well as the faq.

The only thing that eventually worked was torrenting, but I loathe using torrents, due to the sketchy nature of them.

Im in the exact same boat as lavenblade ... and to say well just need to wait for it to download on the client (which is impossible, for me and many others, leading me to download the torrent) is just cheek tbh. Its a problem with your client (or else why would everything go well on literally everything else except this client?) and you just say that it is our error? no chance lol tried everything and no luck.

Many players use direct download with no issues, all the Devs, Admins and Moderators team use the Direct Download with no issues. If something is broken it's broken for everybody, but this is not that case.
It's complicated to say what's stopping it from proper download on your side as all of us had multiple tests and got no issues with it. We can't fix something that we can't reproduce.
If Torrent works better for you, please use Torrent. Due to it there are 2 options for download available - Torrent and Direct Download.

Back