What's new

Client stops downloading

Many players use direct download with no issues, all the Devs, Admins and Moderators team use the Direct Download with no issues. If something is broken it's broken for everybody, but this is not that case.
It's complicated to say what's stopping it from proper download on your side as all of us had multiple tests and got no issues with it. We can't fix something that we can't reproduce.
If Torrent works better for you, please use Torrent. Due to it there are 2 options for download available - Torrent and Direct Download.
The torrent download etc works fine it is as soon as the client opens that the problems are happening. Currently back at mount client data again, hopefully doesnt try download full 16gb again.

Like I said before, it's obviously a much bigger issue than the staff at ArcheRage are willing to admit.

I've been watching this thread to see if the ArcheRage staff would continue to work on a resolution and it's apparent no resolution is going to come.

Edit: With all due respect Sparkle, I am tired of seeing you repeat yourself when what you are suggesting CLEARLY does not work. ArcheRage has actual developers, yes? This needs to be addressed.

Feel free to continue doing nothing but the issue will result in less players over time. You guys have a chance to build a better community.

Do the competent thing. Look at the number of people with issues. Acknowledge the issue and submit a bug report to your team.

Last edited:
Like I said before, it's obviously a much bigger issue than the staff at ArcheRage are willing to admit.

I've been watching this thread to see if the ArcheRage staff would continue to work on a resolution and it's apparent no resolution is going to come.

Edit: With all due respect Sparkle, I am tired of seeing you repeat yourself when what you are suggesting CLEARLY does not work. ArcheRage has actual developers, yes? This needs to be addressed.

Feel free to continue doing nothing but the issue will result in less players over time. You guys have a chance to build a better community.

Do the competent thing. Look at the number of people with issues. Acknowledge the issue and submit a bug report to your team.
I agree, lots of people having the same thing. I mean the game_pak thing is allsorts then it deletes most of it when i open the launcher and starts downloading everything in tmp/game ... clearly a launcher side problem.

As I already mentioned a few times in this thread, Devs had it tested as well and Direct Download works just fine on their PCs as well as other staff members PCs and many players PCs.
Will also need to repeat again, we can't fix something that we can't reproduce.

As I already mentioned a few times in this thread, Devs had it tested as well and Direct Download works just fine on their PCs as well as other staff members PCs and many players PCs.

You have a good selection of players right here who could work with you to find the root cause of the issue. Reach out and I am sure someone with this problem would be willing to allow a remote desktop connection so that a dev can investigate.

But thats not just the issue, what im saying is that when i torrent it also, completely different issue from the impossibly slow download on the direct thing, that the torrent is now not working just downloads the launcher for the full game to download itself on the launcher...

You have a good selection of players right here who could work with you to find the root cause of the issue. Reach out and I am sure someone with this problem would be willing to allow a remote desktop connection so that a dev can investigate.
Yeah probably the best thing to do if the dev is being honest about that ... but heres the thing, what reputable company have you heard saying "we cant replicate the problem, so it isnt our problem" pretty much .... not many, if any.

@jp420710 @Lavenblade

press: Windows + R
type: cmd
type: fsutil fsinfo ntfsinfo c:

c: - is a disk where archeage stored. If in your case it's another disk, like d, for example, then you need to type "fsutil fsinfo ntfsinfo d:"

copy answer here

upload_2018-11-10_15-39-37.png

Devs were checking the possible problems and checked the format of client storing. In 99.99% of cases "Bytes Per Sector" number is 512. And accordingly, if client is downloaded from the Torrent, it's stored in that format and when launcher or game is trying to open it, it can't be read in such format on your PC, as on your PC it's 4096. Due to it both client and launcher think that something is broken and start the re-download process.
If you want for the download to work properly you need to change Bytes Per Sector format to 512. Otherwise, you need to wait for the change on our side. We are working on the launcher modification for a while already, that will let you to correct the Bytes Per Sector structure without client re-download.

Devs were checking the possible problems and checked the format of client storing. In 99.99% of cases "Bytes Per Sector" number is 512. And accordingly, if client is downloaded from the Torrent, it's stored in that format and when launcher or game is trying to open it, it can't be read in such format on your PC, as on your PC it's 4096. Due to it both client and launcher think that something is broken and start the re-download process.
If you want for the download to work properly you need to change Bytes Per Sector format to 512. Otherwise, you need to wait for the change on our side. We are working on the launcher modification for a while already, that will let you to correct the Bytes Per Sector structure without client re-download.
ok cheers, tried re downloads a few times and not sure how to change to 512 so ill wait.

Nice job! I believe the sector size is the issue for me as well. I was trying to use an secondary SSD Raid 1 Array that had a default sector size of 4k.

I'll give the new launcher a go later today. Thanks for pulling through!

Quick question: Does the new launcher modify that drives default allocated sector size, or add support for 4k? From what I understand, 4k is the default these days although it appears Windows has formatted my OS Drive as 512 bytes by default.

From what I understand, 512 bytes is better for a lot of smaller files and 4k is going to be more optimal for bigger files.

Nice job! I believe the sector size is the issue for me as well. I was trying to use an secondary SSD Raid 1 Array that had a default sector size of 4k.

I'll give the new launcher a go later today. Thanks for pulling through!

Quick question: Does the new launcher modify that drives default allocated sector size, or add support for 4k? From what I understand, 4k is the default these days although it appears Windows has formatted my OS Drive as 512 bytes by default.

From what I understand, 512 bytes is better for a lot of smaller files and 4k is going to be more optimal for bigger files.

No, it doesn't modify.
Launcher originally tries to read the game data structure by sector size. If it fails, it tries to read structure by sector size 512. If it worked, it resave default structure size to the real one player has on his PC.

Well, I would suggest trying different systems. I had an HP computer, kinda standard but it was 5 years old, Radeon graphics card. I downloaded AR without any issues from the direct download. I just got an HP Omen gaming system, Nvidia 1060, i7 cpu. The download just plain stops at around 500 megs for no reason whatsoever.

Back