What's new

Creating Mana Wisps: How can they be worth it?

Varrin

I'm curious what the people who list these on the AH are doing to get them. They sell for a lot of gold, sure, but it seems like there's no way it could be worth the materials you have to put into them to make higher ranked sealed equipment. Maybe someone who has done the math can inform me? And also correct me if I'm wrong but the only way to obtain these is to take crafted equipment all the way up to the sealed tiers, right?

Between the effort or cost to get all the charcoal and materials for the alchemy items, and the gilda dust, plus the fact that you'll need to do it to at least 2nd tier to even get more than 1 wisp... I don't get why people would supply the market with these. Am I missing something?

I also think these were removed or altered for the live servers if i'm remembering my experiences correctly, did they do something on AR to make them easier to make?

Now that the market has taken a dump, people aren't buying the higher end gear you can craft... it sits on auction draining your gold to relist it. If you make no-break shards from it, they also sit unbought on the auction house. Mats are getting cheaper to craft with but not enough to offset the lack of profit when nothing sells... and the wisp prices have collapsed as well... which is why I no longer do any crafting at my expensive upgraded craft house. In fact I might just demo it and sell the design... which also probably wont sell... and put up a farmhouse instead. Crafting is dead on this server at the moment. No one has any gold to spend on stuff you make.

Are you using the Armorer's House to craft? That has a possibility to get a glowing proc so it automatically upgrades to the next tier.

I self-produce most of my own materials because I enjoy the process of growing and harvesting, and doing trade runs for charcoal. I don't care if it's not optimal, because it's fun, and that's how I like to play.

I think what most people do is use machining to make magnificent or epherium armor with wisps, and then hope for an upgrade proc. It's like gambling. If you get an unupgradeable Delph you salvage it for wisps and either sell those or try again.

Bringer yes that's an efficient and effective way to craft, but when the server market is really in a slump and people just aren't buying things, it doesn't matter how efficient you are... you are losing gold.

Now that the market has taken a dump, people aren't buying the higher end gear you can craft... it sits on auction draining your gold to relist it

Crafting is dead on this server at the moment. No one has any gold to spend on stuff you make.

Couldn't have said it better myself, crafting or regrading anything other than for yourself is pointless to do at the moment. You might be able to offload your items for credits or items, but good luck getting any raw gold for anything of pricey value.

Back